Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ArfJason posted:

I liked it better when you were prevented from posting on the computer

Work your magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
While I'm here you should check out SAW, it's dumb idiot fun and nobody takes it too seriously, we cut promos and make stupid little videos for the stream, hang out, sometimes watch old Canadian TV, drop sick burns on each other but we're all friends, plus TKO has a pretty strong presence with the Wrestlehut 2000 stable

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
hiring ric flair is good its a sign of a healthy ecosytem

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Enclosed Pool zone is also a great example because it's proof you can just post and set what you want the tone to be and people stick with it. It has its own vibes. Also a couple of posters hate it with red hot rage because they've made up their own impression of it in their head and think it's where you go to earnestly talk about which wrestler you jack off to and how cool it is Benoit killed people lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

The Enclosed Pool zone is also a great example because it's proof you can just post and set what you want the tone to be and people stick with it. It has its own vibes. Also a couple of posters hate it with red hot rage because they've made up their own impression of it in their head and think it's where you go to earnestly talk about which wrestler you jack off to and how cool it is Benoit killed people lol

it is the place to talk about both those things and more

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

they're right (positive)

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

theres an official wrestler jacking thread so you can read about that if you want instead of encountering it randomly in unrelated threads

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I apologize, never knew every wrestler posted in that thread was honest. Never meant to yuck a yum

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

brother.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

We're also opening the ePa Wrestling club, everyone's welcome to join

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046578

Two things going on in this one, a week-by-week watch of Nitro and a monthly PPV assignment to discuss. This month's is WM 30

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TheSwizzler posted:

We're also opening the ePa Wrestling club, everyone's welcome to join

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046578

Two things going on in this one, a week-by-week watch of Nitro and a monthly PPV assignment to discuss. This month's is WM 30

This is cool

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

What I want is everyone to do me a solid and vote in the champion of the month poll and the tag team of the month poll. Every month like clockwork, its your PSP civic duty.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Its also tradition :911:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

What I want is everyone to do me a solid and vote in the champion of the month poll and the tag team of the month poll. Every month like clockwork, its your PSP civic duty.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

how cool it is Benoit killed people lol

We had a guy like that show up in epa, a real lowlife no one liked. Total scum. As I recall, he was taken care of….

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Benoit killed people lol

he was innocent

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

have you tried the enclosed pool area

its a cool place which runs the best weekly wrestling show

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheSwizzler posted:

While I'm here you should check out SAW, it's dumb idiot fun and nobody takes it too seriously, we cut promos and make stupid little videos for the stream, hang out, sometimes watch old Canadian TV, drop sick burns on each other but we're all friends, plus TKO has a pretty strong presence with the Wrestlehut 2000 stable

i take saw seriously because i like having my motorcycle

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Eat My Fuc posted:

It should be illegal to post in the WWE thread without watching the show. Even if it meant it was me and two other people posting. There should be a thread for talking about shows you don’t watch and people can be angry as hell in there.

Honestly, the WWE thread is just in that awkward point in a mock thread's life cycle where no one really cares in the first place, so all anyone does is throw out barbs from when they were still invested between brief spikes in interest. There's a reason NXT is what gets talked about the most these days. It's because NXT is where goofy bullshit happens. Otherwise you just have "Jade Cargill is still getting the Veer treatment" and "Cody/Sami/etc had a segment that was good enough to watch, but not good enough to show to your friends because WWE's house style is still annoying".

I'm not going to say the WWE thread needs to become a purely positive space or anything like that. But as a community we should probably take a week off from looking at it and seriously think about if we care enough to keep paying attention. Because we've all seen where mock threads go from here, and it's never good.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I see this thread got, like 150 posts yesterday. Who got a probation?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i got into a fight with another boy

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That DICK! posted:

i got into a fight with another boy

See what happens when you try to insist that big show is big when he's a wee little thing?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

big show is average size

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

We need to ban the Clint Eastwood slandering posters. Not a shitpost.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Crap Shitwood

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Million dollar baby can't bump

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

no chairshots

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Clint sucks compared to a true Western star Ken Watanabe

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sounds like someone needs their wagon painted!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

“Wrestling posters posting about movies” rivals maybe only “politics posters posting about movies” in direness.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hate his directing on its own merits, nothing to do with his stint as mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea. Good actor, vapid director, zero opinions on his political offices.

Love Rawhide even if I grew up in a Bonanza family

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

My high school girlfriend and I went to see Million Dollar Baby on our first date

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NienNunb posted:

“Wrestling posters posting about movies” rivals maybe only “politics posters posting about movies” in direness.

As a wrestling and politics poster, let me tell you about how the last movie I watched was Sorry To Bother You

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

I hate his directing on its own merits, nothing to do with his stint as mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea. Good actor, vapid director, zero opinions on his political offices.

Love Rawhide even if I grew up in a Bonanza family

Perma this fool

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:agreed:, his directing had a slump but bounced back recently

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress Clint Eastwood

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shinjobi posted:

gently caress Clint Eastwood

hornyposting is out of fashion

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Richard Jewel is one of the funniest movies ever made, Clint is a good director.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Clint should have become a wrestler after the boxing monkey films, followed his true calling. Finisher would be a cutter, but he would deliver it on a stool when he was a heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

TheSwizzler posted:

Lemme give an outsider's perspective on why I don't post or read much in TKO in spite of being a huge wrestling fan and former Wrestlehut/PSP poster way back in the day, you might see that as someone criticizing without the right to do it because I don't participate, or you might think it's valuable to see why someone who's into the subject matter and would be a prospective poster takes a look around and says "not for me"

The vibe is too aggro, too serious, and too wound up about nonsense. The horny poo poo didn't help but if it's fallen off, good. It's wrestling. It's inherently stupid. It's stupid in the best possible way, but at its core, it's about the most unserious thing on the planet. Serious things happen with it, no doubt, but as a topic, it's supposed to be a fun one, and the vibe every time I've come in to lurk isn't fun, so I go post elsewhere and spend more time talking to people who aren't hardcore long-time fans because they look at it with the eyes of someone who's enjoying it for what it is

this is why we're promoting the Enclosed Pool Area as an alternative

I dunno, the threads have gotten so much better without MJeff. Anyone that posts double the next poster in every thread and is all just complaints while being a huge dick is a real downer.