Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That psycho mald Brit guy yelling PROHNOUHNS is lodged in my brain and that is now how I read the word mentally and it makes me laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Every character in every videogame is trans, canonnically

Disagree and you get the cannonball

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

wash bucket posted:

To this day I have no idea what the trans coffin was about. It got me good though. Took me hours to realize something was up.

Zullie the Witch put forward a theory a few days ago, and I can buy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5hIS8avKPw

Basically: there was a rare bug at launch that would mistakenly set a female player character to male in New Game+, so the coffin might've been added as a band-aid fix that was both longer-lived and more prominent than the reason it was needed in the first place.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Knormal posted:

Sucking on a titty and sounding like Mickey Mouse afterward

Suckin' on a titty, outside the Tastee Freez
Diane sitting on Mickey's lap
Got Donald between her knees

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1722428492527050838

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

What’s an omegle?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
What's the attacks guy keeps going on about? The gently caress happened?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

tokin opposition posted:

It could be a ton of things. It looks fun but can also be deeply, deeply stupid and dangerous.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

tokin opposition posted:

It reads to me like something is about to come out about omegle being used by folks for something bad, and they shut down the website to get out of liability and this is the post to get ahead of it.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Scott Forstall posted:

What’s an omegle?

It's probably honestly best known for being a huge sting hotspot for pedophiles. I actually thought the website shut down years and years ago.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

It reads to me like something is about to come out about omegle being used by folks for something bad, and they shut down the website to get out of liability and this is the post to get ahead of it.

That's the reason why you would open with

quote:

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” — C.S. Lewis

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've never heard of Omegle before, what was it's ostensible purpose?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

I've never heard of Omegle before, what was it's ostensible purpose?

Jerking off

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Turns out this was Chat Roulette, but I went looking for it so I am posting it :colbert:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

tokin opposition posted:

Every character in every videogame is trans, canonnically

Disagree and you get the cannonball

I disagree

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would guess given omegle is by its nature NSFW, they were probably hit with the same issue a lot of NSFW stuff gets with hosters not wanting to host it and payment processors not wanting to work with them either, and forget about being allowed on any app stores.

The backend of the internet is bizzarely prudish which naturally focused traffic towards environments with big tech backing which are probably not much safer for people but which are nominally opposed to you seeing a titty.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/BenZeisloft/status/1722248091640934461?t=dG3rQ7h2jW9mE5J_awM9Pw&s=19

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

tag yourself, i'm the tank for ants

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mx. posted:

I am the ornithopter.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mx. posted:

I'm the hobbit in full modern military gear next to the crusader. Or his he normal sized and crusaders were at least 8 feet tall?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I'm the church that's also an office building

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mx. posted:

i'm the voodoo 3 blob shadows

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

I'm the horse wearing a nurse's hat. :haw:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
retake Ohio for... *squints* England?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

credburn posted:

I am playing Hardspace Shipbreaker and it doesn't begin by affirming my protagonist as a jacked white man with a giant patriot dong who uses HE HIM PRONOUNS

is this game woke is what I wonder
Well the game ends with direct action and industrial sabotage by the workers against an oppressive company-store corporation in order to get decent treatment, an attempt by company-line-brainwashed middle management to literally kill the striking workers, and a lament that when it was all over the people at the very top still managed to be above the consequences of their horrific actions so yeah, probably.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Hell,

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Heath posted:

Better than sucking on a titty and sounding like Goofy afterward, oh my

If someone went for my chest but started with a Goofy scream I wouldn’t say no immediately

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmfao

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Mx. posted:

That's for the fetuses.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I want games where the main character isn't female from the start but becomes it later

Quake 4

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Goa Tse-tung posted:

We don't want it thanks

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Make Ohio Connecticut Again

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Going to refer to transitioning as Stroggification from now on :hmmyes:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The whole deal with video game protagonists is a mess at the best of times. I feel it doesn't help a lot of the discourse ends up a lot like the 'first female superhero' crap where every character before x year is ignored or assumed to be an unsalvageable bimbo. Like heck, og Lara Croft is pretty much female Indiana Jones mixed with James Bond in a manner that would have the usual targets losing their poo poo today boobs or no boobs, confidently gunning down men by the dozen with no question to her competence or ability.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

mrpwase posted:

We don't want it thanks

lol that anyone would want Ohio and that anyone else would try and stop them from taking it.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Elon Musk had to create an AI to say nice things about him. And you can't even get it to be rude about him:

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1722500995673198747?t=f6gsuA66CwryPTU1nFqHQg&s=19

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Knights Templar. Red cross on a white background was their symbol.

The pointy cross version you often see (such as with Warhammer 40k's Black Templars) as black on a white background, or white on a black background, is the Maltese cross, historically the insignia of the Knights Hospitaller among other groups.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

wash bucket posted:

lol that anyone would want Ohio and that anyone else would try and stop them from taking it.

*cries in Louis XV*

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Cythereal posted:

Knights Templar. Red cross on a white background was their symbol.

heraldry is like genetics, that cross looks like a brother of the the Saint George's Cross, wich is a brother of the English flag, which makes the joke work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Cleretic posted:

Zullie the Witch put forward a theory a few days ago, and I can buy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5hIS8avKPw

Basically: there was a rare bug at launch that would mistakenly set a female player character to male in New Game+, so the coffin might've been added as a band-aid fix that was both longer-lived and more prominent than the reason it was needed in the first place.

To be fair, transition is quite like starting life on NG+