Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

I wish I was better at tossing boogie bombs. I tend to make everyone dance including myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well, it may not be the most effective, but it’s the most hilarious way to use boogie bombs

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dead Nerve posted:

I wish I was better at tossing boogie bombs. I tend to make everyone dance including myself.

This is their intended usage

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah boogie bombs own

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

dorium posted:

all the old weapons are rear end. no wonder I jumped off this game so quick when it first started. Im really struggling to enjoy this map. it's too open, no traversal and the flow is all off. It's real night and day compared to where we are at currently in 2023.

Let's be friends!

If I wasn't trying to get the battle pass rewards I'd have stopped playing by now I'm sure

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah. I’m glad it’s a short season. Give me the normal stuff back please

I didn’t play enough in the early days for this to be anything more than “huh, neat” for me

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
0 nostalgia, so mostly not liking it, but 20 named locations and golf/shopping carts are good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm loving it and dabbing after every match

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still mostly fine with the current map. It's hard to put into words. It's not fun. But it's not chapter 4 levels of 'I'm not having fun on this map' either. I saw something today mentioning starting in chapter 3, so most of the OG stuff is just the same thing as that again. And that's exactly how I feel. I'm probably more okay than most with the first iteration of this thing, just because it half way resembles the map I did like.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I can cede that OG is slower and maybe a little more boring but I will say it’s a huge relief to not have one billion things to do at every POI

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I saw that they said they upped the spawn rate of shields but it doesn't feel that way.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Only thing I would change about this season is fixing the automatic mantle bug. Map and loot pool are fantastic

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I'm finding myself dying from fall damage a lot more. I think it's the lack of mobility items and also water only being knee height.

Not digging this!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'm kind of enjoying it. The map isn't great, but having less stuff to juggle has kind of refreshed the experience for me. I hope when we get back to the modern version of Fortnite they have slimmed it down a bit.

Honestly, Augments I can live without. Same with buying weapons or health. Not too bothered about Slap either. Definitely don't need to falcon back or any other drone.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hotfix should be today for the next map stage and loot pool.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Kaveman posted:

I'm finding myself dying from fall damage a lot more. I think it's the lack of mobility items and also water only being knee height.

Not digging this!

I'm loving it. You can actually see the enemies(gently caress you jungle biome) you can slide sideways down even vertical cliffs or grappler the ground on your way down so I'm dying less to fall damage(gently caress you jungle biome)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m digging the openness of the map but with this mobility and weapon pool it absolutely sucks so far.

I agree that the heal situation had gotten a little ridiculous in previous seasons but the answer to that is not to create a giant luck fest where your chances in a game are almost entirely a dice roll on whether or not there’s enough heals at the POI you drop at.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is it just me or does the final circle ALWAYS center around a huge hill. I feel like every fight is basically whoever can get up the hill to high ground fastest

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Is it just me or does the final circle ALWAYS center around a huge hill. I feel like every fight is basically whoever can get up the hill to high ground fastest

I think that's just because it's a very hill heavy map.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Beve Stuscemi posted:

It has the newer storm circle system that has storm circles closing more in the middle which happens to be very hilly.

Wish the old storm circle system had come back. Haven't had a circle close on the southern half of the map yet.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m digging the openness of the map but with this mobility and weapon pool it absolutely sucks so far.

I agree that the heal situation had gotten a little ridiculous in previous seasons but the answer to that is not to create a giant luck fest where your chances in a game are almost entirely a dice roll on whether or not there’s enough heals at the POI you drop at.

I disagree. I think the weapons are fine. I'm not great at them, but there's a tactical shotgun for using as your only up close, there's the pump for swapping to an smg, and a one shot shotgun or hand cannon for aimbots. There's the SMG and light machine gun for spraying, there's the multiple ARs for mid/long range. Hell Hootington just ran an AR for everything the game we won last night. The auto sniper is basically a dmr And the hunting rifle also exists. I'm pretty sure there's another sniper I'm forgetting. There's 4 types of grenades counting mines, and a rocket launcher and grenade launcher. What exactly is missing?

Mobility is fine if you use what's around. There's rifts just floating all about the place. Multiple zip lines to every hill(and you can slide down pretty much anywhere carefully) Both shopping and golf karts everywhere (shopping kart moves quick through water) if you spare a slot there's grapplers or port-a-rifts. In 50 matches we've never been caught out in a field and because I'm more conscious of movement I'm actually rotating more purposefully this week.

I also disagree about health. I think a scarcity was good and liked it better at the beginning of the week. What is interesting or fun about always running around with full shields and 2 stacks of heath in your load out? You're dealing with the same scarcity everyone else in the game is. It adds more to it. Plinking at someone is actually meaningful when you know they aren't sitting with 30p-600 hp worth of heals in their load out.

Basically the scarcities force you to work with what you get instead of opening a dozen chests until you get your ideal load out. Which I find fun. It may just be me though because I'm poly-armor-us and am fine switching up my style to whatever guns my teammates don't prefer. Hell my favorite part of the previous seasons is when you first land and just are mowing people down with whatever you land on.

This wasn't specifically directed at you, but a LOT of people are complaining about those things and I don't feel it holds up under scrutiny. Also it's like one week. Enjoy the change of pace.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RodShaft posted:

I disagree. I think the weapons are fine. I'm not great at them, but there's a tactical shotgun for using as your only up close, there's the pump for swapping to an smg, and a one shot shotgun or hand cannon for aimbots. There's the SMG and light machine gun for spraying, there's the multiple ARs for mid/long range. Hell Hootington just ran an AR for everything the game we won last night. The auto sniper is basically a dmr And the hunting rifle also exists. I'm pretty sure there's another sniper I'm forgetting. There's 4 types of grenades counting mines, and a rocket launcher and grenade launcher. What exactly is missing?

Mobility is fine if you use what's around. There's rifts just floating all about the place. Multiple zip lines to every hill(and you can slide down pretty much anywhere carefully) Both shopping and golf karts everywhere (shopping kart moves quick through water) if you spare a slot there's grapplers or port-a-rifts. In 50 matches we've never been caught out in a field and because I'm more conscious of movement I'm actually rotating more purposefully this week.

I also disagree about health. I think a scarcity was good and liked it better at the beginning of the week. What is interesting or fun about always running around with full shields and 2 stacks of heath in your load out? You're dealing with the same scarcity everyone else in the game is. It adds more to it. Plinking at someone is actually meaningful when you know they aren't sitting with 30p-600 hp worth of heals in their load out.

Basically the scarcities force you to work with what you get instead of opening a dozen chests until you get your ideal load out. Which I find fun. It may just be me though because I'm poly-armor-us and am fine switching up my style to whatever guns my teammates don't prefer. Hell my favorite part of the previous seasons is when you first land and just are mowing people down with whatever you land on.

This wasn't specifically directed at you, but a LOT of people are complaining about those things and I don't feel it holds up under scrutiny. Also it's like one week. Enjoy the change of pace.

I agree with all of this

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I agree with all of this

Ditto.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Here we go. Hotfix up with updates! Looks like we are getting a trailer each week too.
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1722615911549698261?t=5LiyadUs5fwKdNV1fUE9Dg&s=19

I'm ready to do some dropping.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RodShaft posted:

I mean, that's fair. I don't think it's bad at all. It's just a different game. My only real concern is that I feel like it disincentivizes engaging. Other than that, I can see what people enjoy about it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i like the scoped assault rifle

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
nobody ever falls for the bush

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Extra hitpoint, though

(Thanks for the heads up on that, Hootington!)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
also i'm usually driving the golf cart

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

InsertPotPun posted:

nobody ever falls for the bush

I feel like some character models clip through it and also the sniper glint is pretty visible through them.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Bush blocks boogie bombs

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bush blocks a single hit of everything doesn’t it?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Bush blocks a single hit of everything doesn’t it?

Yep. Always wear a bush

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I was pretty down on it during the first week. It just feels really janky with the non working cars, so many less features, etc. But the quick rotation of tons of items, POI change every week/etc is pretty cool.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

glad fast cars have been added back so I can go back to my post-questing activity of running people over

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Vitamean posted:

glad fast cars have been added back so I can go back to my post-questing activity of running people over

Tracy Chapman stays winning

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i forgot how much fun the snowboards are/were.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I've only seen one so far. But I immediately too kthe opportunit yto ride it to a distant shoot out as fast as I could. Those bots never saw it coming :smug:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

InsertPotPun posted:

i forgot how much fun the snowboards are/were.

I'm sad the snowboarding creative map doesn't give XP anymore. It wasn't a lot but it was a fun one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
oh man. i was fighting a guy in twisted towers, running up the stairs i finally i ran into a bedroom, threw down two sticky grenades, then used the portal to jump into the sky. the guy following me exploded just as i popped out.