Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

death cob for cutie posted:

"eventually" isn't "now", dipshit

Love to defend myself with an article from over a year ago that says "eventually" "might" "perhaps" accept bitcoin. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwerty Birdy
Nov 9, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Qwerty Birdy posted:

37,232 and counting. In case you weren't paying attention, we're in a new bull run right now. You think there won't be any bandwagon hopper corporations this time around?

And what are you doing here? You are going to miss the bull

Go, its already running

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

A great example of someone attempting to understand complex concepts, and by panel 5 giving up and just learning Bitcoin catchphrases instead

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Seraph is in a manic phase again, I see.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm just glad to be here before the account gets obliterated again.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I always wonder about these.forum superstars who pay $10 a pop to post the same dumb poo poo only to get banged, over and over. Do they think they'll eventually wear everyone else down or win them over?

Someone posting for a decade about how Bitcoin is actually genius, and getting banned each time for being a nutter is that kind of high key insanity resilience you see in movies for roles played by Gary Busey. It's never because they have a real point, it's more just "when I was a kid and kept insisting on something the adults would end up sighing and agreeing".

I think these people are kind of fascinating and I'd be curious what sort of life "off the line" they live, even if the reality is "barely" because I want to know how they handle, if at all, real human interaction.

Sorry, I mean, Bitcoin best, make U rich, don't ask about my actual bank account.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

A Quaker high school wrestler was pulled into an argument about the Vietnam war. Some dude was yelling at him that the only way to get people to see reason is to go to war with him, so the Quaker picked the guy up and threw him across the room, then asked "now do you agree with me?" The dude of course said "no, rear end in a top hat", and the Quaker said, "that is my point."

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

In other words, spamming this thread with meme images and throwing dogma around isn't going to change anybody's mind. Although we do find it amusing, we're not sure why you keep spending money/time to do it.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Times are tough so to save :10bux: Seraph could team up with Drifting Mouse for joint posts: here’s why Bitcoin is great and also the drummer from Hoobastank is dead.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

SettingSun posted:

Ignore the many companies that pledged to accept crypto during the rush then quietly shuttered those plans.

Lol at valve accepting bitcoins for a short time until they realized that customers were getting completely hosed on fees that were enormous and unpredictable and out of the transactions that actually worked almost all of them were fraudulent.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I'm sitting here thinking of harsh things to say to bitcoiners but really they've played themselves so bad that no amount of sick burns can be worse than the eye damage they've already sustained.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Qwerty Birdy posted:

37,232 and counting. In case you weren't paying attention, we're in a new bull run right now. You think there won't be any bandwagon hopper corporations this time around?

2 years ago it was worth 60,000-70,000

So being down 50% is exciting?

lol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

spunkshui posted:

lol

"Half its value? No, its halfway to the moon, poor person!"

These people are the dumbest investors on earth.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

We were really riding high when the price cratered to 15.8K last November.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
a lotta apes don't get it. the price of bitcoin may go up or down, but at the end of the day you can't get your money out cause it's all a rugpull.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

spunkshui posted:

lol

At any given moment Bitcoin is worth more than it was at some point previously, which is bullish.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

spunkshui posted:

lol

Imagine if he had just put his money into some kind of index fund, he'd be up like 10%.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

One's vernacular and linguistics narrowing to become subjective baby-talk fixated on cryptocurrency sure is good for a soul!

Nov 6, 2002

spunkshui posted:

lol

it's about to erase that bull run lol

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/08/robinhood-shares-drop-7percent-after-reporting-big-declines-trading-revenue.html

Robinhood drops 14% after reporting big declines in trading volume and revenue

Really only sharing for this fact:

quote:

Crypto trading dropped 55% year over year.

Even in this new "crypto rally" people don't want to trade it anymore.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Isn’t the “rally” happening because nobody can cash out through exchanges anymore, only buy

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
why the gently caress does the baby comic mention game theory

Nov 6, 2002

Juul-Whip posted:

Isn’t the “rally” happening because nobody can cash out through exchanges anymore, only buy

It's happening because of speculation that the SEC is going to approve bitcoin ETFs in January. You can sell bitcoin pretty easily on the big exchanges.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 9, 2023

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

death cob for cutie posted:

why the gently caress does the baby comic mention game theory

because they like games and the word "theory" sounds smart

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I would suspect the "game theory" would be "you should buy butts now so you win when everyone has to," except I could instead choose to not do that thing.

Nice to see Seraph's doing alright out there at least. Must be flush, with all those ten bucks to drop

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The comic is funny because with only very minimal tweaking it would prove the point that a lot of people have been saying for years now, that all that is gibberish and the only thing buttcoiners actually care about is how rich it would make them with a minimum of effort. All those other things? Meaningless, inapplicable, or wholly disingenuous. Simply fig leaves to hide their true motivations.

Nov 6, 2002

I like that the guy had to google "what is money????"

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

If you actually googled "what is money" and got a theoretical understanding of what money does, the first thing you'd do is run the loving opposite direction of bitcoin at a speed physicists would say is impossible.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I did my due diligence and found a very informative video on the nature of currency by a fellow named satoshi4ever21mil and it was really well researched and opened my eyes.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's happening because of speculation that the SEC is going to approve bitcoin ETFs in January. You can sell bitcoin pretty easily on the big exchanges.

Sell for what though? Other crapto currencies? To what extent are customers able to pull actual US dollars out into actual bank accounts?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Juul-Whip posted:

Sell for what though? Other crapto currencies? To what extent are customers able to pull actual US dollars out into actual bank accounts?
Presumably if I buy an ETF through Schwab, and later sell my shares in that ETF, Schwab will give me my money. The problem comes if the exchange in question abruptly dies/is pillaged, but what are the odds of that?

Nov 6, 2002

Nessus posted:

Presumably if I buy an ETF through Schwab, and later sell my shares in that ETF, Schwab will give me my money. The problem comes if the exchange in question abruptly dies/is pillaged, but what are the odds of that?

I don't think he's talking about ETF. I think he believes you can't cash out to a real bank from any exchange. I know Binance is having problems, but I don't think that's the rule.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGAMbNKcN1U

Seraph is going to charge US $10, just as soon as it's his turn! BACK HAND!

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

every time my credit card transactions confirm in 3-4 seconds I wish they'd take 8-10 minutes instead.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

You can cash out bitcoin more or less without issue unless you try to do so at volume. Lord Satoshi himself is rumored to hold over a million bitcoins, worth tens of billions, but moving that much is all but impossible, real or not.

Nov 6, 2002

Do apes even understand what open source means?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Fate Accomplice posted:

every time my credit card transactions confirm in 3-4 seconds I wish they'd take 8-10 minutes instead.
Gotta wait for six confirmations to be sure, so sit back in the waiting room for the next hour or else you get tazed in the balls for leaving without paying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Just imagine the wait time in a world where just 10% of all transactions happened on a blockchain.

Going to the store to get groceries. I'll see you in two days.