Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dick Jones posted:

She's the season 12 support hero. The Zarya-esque hero is "Venture" (not sure if that's a working name or the final name) and they'll reveal more about her on Saturday.

Season 12? So like Sept' 2024.

Yeah, they really should be coming out with these heroes MUCH faster. They are sticking to their promised schedule, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

BabyRyoga posted:

Season 12? So like Sept' 2024.

Yeah, they really should be coming out with these heroes MUCH faster. They are sticking to their promised schedule, at least.

I'm fine with the current pace of a new hero every even numbered season. I wouldn't even be mad if they slowed the pace down to two heroes per year to devote more resources to other aspects of the game.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

as a rein main, wtf

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Mauga has the same problems as Hog in that he's a giant slab of ult charge that gets flattened by Ana

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Venture is NB

https://twitter.com/LiquidSprocket/status/1720576479342526706?t=BXyvFK09rHLBRDTs6GY8WA&s=19

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Mauga is mostly cool so far but his ult feels like it just does too much stuff to me. Can't shoot in or out, can't heal in our out, lasts a long time, and unlike something like Mei's ult you don't have the option to stand in it temporarily it's either you're in it or you ain't.

The best strategy seems to be having the whole team jump him when the ult starts, at least then you can get some heals out. Because otherwise one of the many lovely things it does is going to get you killed.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

PantsBandit posted:

Mauga is mostly cool so far but his ult feels like it just does too much stuff to me. Can't shoot in or out, can't heal in our out, lasts a long time, and unlike something like Mei's ult you don't have the option to stand in it temporarily it's either you're in it or you ain't.

Ultimate (Cage Fight):

- Enemies ensnared by Cage Fight who are playing in the match this afternoon must move their clothes down onto the lower peg immediately after lunch, before they write their letter home, if they're not getting their hair cut, unless they've got a younger brother who is going out this weekend as the guest of another boy, in which case, collect his note before lunch, put it in their letter after they've had their hair cut, and make sure he moves their clothes down onto the lower peg for them. Enemies not ensnared by Cage Fight do not have to move their brother's clothes onto the lower peg. They simply collect his note before lunch, after they've done their scripture prep, when they've written their letter home, before rest, move their own clothes onto the lower peg, greet the visitors, and report to Mauga that they've had their chit signed.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Dick Jones posted:

I'm fine with the current pace of a new hero every even numbered season. I wouldn't even be mad if they slowed the pace down to two heroes per year to devote more resources to other aspects of the game.

Every time a company tries "oh we're going to slow down X and focus on Y" its always the worst of both worlds - they start off strong/fast with new content for a little while, then it slows to a glacier thats worse than the initial content schedule.
Hell, Valve is trying it with DOTA and I fully expect it to blow up within the year.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
Isn’t Cage Fight just a barrier, so your team can shoot/heal through it but the enemies can’t? Lasts 10 seconds and the Mauga player can cancel it by pressing their ult button again.

I like him so far, but I get the feeling there’s going to be a change to Ana Nade on tanks or else people are going to treat him like Hog.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

nade really should be a 50% heal reduction on tanks

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

they're essentially bringing back the SR system in progress bar form

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/OverwatchNaeri/status/1720914646058864640

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

You know I was gonna ask if OW2's even gonna make it to Season 10

But I remember asking that back in Season 4 about Season 7+

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

d0grent posted:

they're essentially bringing back the SR system in progress bar form

I don't think it ever left. "better than 88% of Gold 1" is 2488 right? I don't know why people get more in their feelings over a number than a metal and 2 numbers.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
We're Splatooning now

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

OW community streamer teaches kpop idol Yunjin about teabagging
https://twitter.com/dailynjin/status/1720916088412680282

Le Sserafim members are a land of contrasts :3:
https://twitter.com/48won/status/1720908144115671238

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

headcase posted:

I don't think it ever left. "better than 88% of Gold 1" is 2488 right? I don't know why people get more in their feelings over a number than a metal and 2 numbers.

the problem was how long you had to wait to see any update in your rank, especially when sometimes it seemingly made no sense going 5 - 1 and still ranking down

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

d0grent posted:

the problem was how long you had to wait to see any update in your rank, especially when sometimes it seemingly made no sense going 5 - 1 and still ranking down

Yes. Saying your rank updates after 5 wins or 15 losses/ties is the dumbest thing.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

The game's 2nd (fully) Canadian hero. Maybe they'll get a thick accent, like Newfoundland or backwoods Ontario (to be faiiiiiiiiir).

And the "Space Ranger" support is a resident of Mars. So at some point there will be a Mars colony map.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I reiterate my point from yesterday.; if they have game play for the hero, why the hell is the hero still like 4 months away? Where along the pipeline is the clog?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Charitable: There's an enormous difference between a character in a playable state for a demo at a con vs a character that is expertly balanced accounting for every combination of team they're on and against in a 30+ strong roster. If Dig Dug is busted over the weekend then oh well, they take the data and go fix it. If Dig Dug is busted in live then your fanbase broils with fury again.

Cynical: lmao you don't string people along on addictive behavior by giving them the carrot as soon as you've finished tying it to the stick

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

you can see obvious placeholder art right there

there's probably a billion polish things like voicelines, release trailer, monetizable skins, etc. before they consider a character release quality

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
The character was still at the stage where they were reusing other characters’ ability symbols. The main fire looked like it was just modified Sigma shots.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Yeah at the panel they said they have even more playable characters they're futzing around with in addition to the ones that were revealed this weekend. If you pause on the character select screen showing Venture, you can see their cartoony placeholder portrait, another icon like that in the supports for the space ranger support, and one for a tank hero with neon green doo-dads who we'll probably all get to try out in a sneak preview during Blizzcon '24.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The battlepass changes sound promising - Mythic Skin token rather than having to get the one from the pass.

Honestly, it's nice to see the devs being excited about things and see their process, it's easy to forget that most of the things that are really lovely about OW come from the demands of corporate.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Honestly, it's nice to see the devs being excited about things and see their process, it's easy to forget that most of the things that are really lovely about OW come from the demands of corporate.

Yeah, I felt that, these guys really care about their game, and game world, and what they deliver to people. It was nice to see that aspect. It was also nice of them being more willing to pull back the curtain more on what they felt they were readyish to share and show us.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

in yet another episode of "why would you ever change this", you can no longer leave game as group???

d0grent fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 6, 2023

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Do we think they'll ever let us spam escape to close out of the after-match progression summary thing?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

no, i've gotten used to hitting escape, space, space, escape

thanks for the sense of progression blizzard

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Inept posted:

no, i've gotten used to hitting escape, space, space, escape

thanks for the sense of progression blizzard

Ah, I didn't realize space worked! So dumb.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
OWL is officially dead

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Has anybody watched not-Jeff's Overwatch presentations from Blizzcon? Did he say anything of substance?

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Father Wendigo posted:

Has anybody watched not-Jeff's Overwatch presentations from Blizzcon? Did he say anything of substance?

What are you asking about? A recap of Blizzcon?

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
They are going to try new capture point maps, they might let you buy old mythic skins with battlepass, they showed some new heroes.

Nothing really big.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You can group with anyone of any rank. That's a big deal

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

You can group with anyone of any rank. That's a big deal

for competitive?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yep

Aexo
May 16, 2007
The way I understood it a "narrow" or "wide" SR disparity queue happens behind the scenes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

hog rework details

I guess he drops tomorrow