Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I suspect Ronnie is just a moron and reddit freaks were the most competent idiots he was able to hire.

If I squint, it looks like he tried to follow Trump's footsteps in 2016, but he just colossally hosed it up every time. Come up with a snappy catchphrase (stop woke), appeal to online extremists (whoopsie that's a sonnenrad), get Evangelicals on your side (don't say gay, loving with Disney). None of it has panned out because he has zero charisma.

Of course it's very possible that I'm reading too much into it and he's just flailing wildly and expecting the electorate to roll out the red carpet for him regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Its "turning the dial that says racism and looking back at the crowd" except in this case the crowd is 4chan so it just keeps getting turned higher

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I think the problem is that he's still not willing to commit 100%. I sincerely believe that only an out-and-out full on open 4chan style fascist can primary Trump. "Name the Jew" as they put it. Go on about who's really behind the great replacement, etc etc. It might not work, ultimately, and I hope/think it wouldn't in the general, but I think it's the only way you can have a real threat to Trump in the primaries.

DeSantis has a lot of problems, but that's the biggest I think. He's openly courting fascists enough to alienate some Republicans, but not so openly fascist as to poach the fascists from Trump.
Which is arguably a microcosm of a lot of the challengers. They are more extreme than Trump in a number of ways, but not in any of the ways that reliably translate to winning over fascists and whatever conservatives still remain.

EDIT: Like, honestly, considering Donnie Jr. already paraphrased Der Giftpilz I don't think it's unreasonable to say we're not that far in election cycles from a presidential candidate bringing up adrenochrome or dropping the hard "R" gamer word.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

Morrow posted:

DeSantis's plan involved the seas parting for him as Trump declines to run and instead endorses him for President. This did not occur. Instead, Trump is running and DeSantis can't attack him. Plan B involved Trump suddenly dropping dead and DeSantis inheriting his voting bloc, functionally identical to Plan A, because DeSantis has gone all in on running in 2024 and spent a lot of political capital in Florida to do so.

I wonder sometimes what would happen if Trump just keeled over and died tomorrow? Would they all rally behind DeSantis again? Is that his only chance at the white house?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

It's very funny to me that DeSantis and his team laser-focused so much on twitter fascists and /pol/ posters. Like did he honestly expect suburban grandmas to respond well to soyjak ownage comics? Like, plunk down the average rural redhat in front of that "whoopsie, that's a sonnenrad" video and they're gonna be offput as hell.

If I had to guess he was trying to lock terminally-online support and then pivot to a broader audience once he had a home-grown meme army like Trump had in 2016, but his utter failure to do so followed by a complete inability to appeal to people outside of his state is funny to me. Like with Christie and Ramaswamy, I know they're not actually running to win. But this was Ronnie's one shot and he clearly had actual intention to be president, and he's stepped on so many rakes along the way that it's looped back to being funny again.

its mix, i think he is an idiot who thinks he is frank underwood chasing power at the behest of Chud jackie O. i think his reasoning is these freaks are the real silent majority and the real "youth" so if he picks them up he can steal trumps base and outflank the rest of the right but lol that didnt happen because again, all these folks are social morons who just post and project about their various insecurities in toxic ways and no one likes them. much like ron.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I think the problem is that he's still not willing to commit 100%. I sincerely believe that only an out-and-out full on open 4chan style fascist can primary Trump. "Name the Jew" as they put it. Go on about who's really behind the great replacement, etc etc. It might not work, ultimately, and I hope/think it wouldn't in the general, but I think it's the only way you can have a real threat to Trump in the primaries.

DeSantis has a lot of problems, but that's the biggest I think. He's openly courting fascists enough to alienate some Republicans, but not so openly fascist as to poach the fascists from Trump.
Which is arguably a microcosm of a lot of the challengers. They are more extreme than Trump in a number of ways, but not in any of the ways that reliably translate to winning over fascists and whatever conservatives still remain.

EDIT: Like, honestly, considering Donnie Jr. already paraphrased Der Giftpilz I don't think it's unreasonable to say we're not that far in election cycles from a presidential candidate bringing up adrenochrome or dropping the hard "R" gamer word.

to me its less that and more Desantis is trying to be overly high minded and coy and big brained about it while trump doesnt care, Trump is a dumb loud bigot all the horrible poo poo from his gut and poo poo and that had broader appeal. Desantis just has negative charisma and you need charisma to sell that level of horrible bigotry. Desantis is a weird friendless rich nerd who views himself as some main character but he was 20 years younger, he would be posting on reddit about marital laws for children in fictional cartoon countries while railing about the blacks stealing all the women and who women are whores.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

PoopShipDestroyer posted:

I wonder sometimes what would happen if Trump just keeled over and died tomorrow? Would they all rally behind DeSantis again? Is that his only chance at the white house?

A bunch of them would just sit out, as they only care about Trump and will just disengage from politics again when he's gone. I have no idea what drives them - his celebrity, his idiocy, or his saying the quiet parts loud, but he clearly has a bunch of voters who only make it out for him.

The rest would scatter around the other candidates, and there's no real telling who. Not to mention that if Trump died this far out, you'd have four or five people who were sitting out to avoid fighting Trump suddenly jump in now that the coast was clear - Hawley or Youngkin and such. I think it's pretty fair to assume that DeSantis would fall back into the middle of the pack; his campaign numbers have been a constant slide downwards and I can't imagine him suddenly inspiring confidence or support after his mediocre campaign.

But you're right that it's his only chance at the White House, so he's full in for the humiliation tour.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

A bunch of them would just sit out, as they only care about Trump and will just disengage from politics again when he's gone. I have no idea what drives them - his celebrity, his idiocy, or his saying the quiet parts loud, but he clearly has a bunch of voters who only make it out for him.

The rest would scatter around the other candidates, and there's no real telling who. Not to mention that if Trump died this far out, you'd have four or five people who were sitting out to avoid fighting Trump suddenly jump in now that the coast was clear - Hawley or Youngkin and such. I think it's pretty fair to assume that DeSantis would fall back into the middle of the pack; his campaign numbers have been a constant slide downwards and I can't imagine him suddenly inspiring confidence or support after his mediocre campaign.

But you're right that it's his only chance at the White House, so he's full in for the humiliation tour.

honestly I think desantis sticks it out til the very end, maybe guns for some sort of desperate backroom deal in the convention center coat room type deal.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

skeleton warrior posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can't really out-fash Trump because most of his fans don't want that, they want permission. From a legal standpoint that's a distinction without a difference, from a psychological standpoint it's all that matters. Or to put it another way: DeSantis offers a world without Disneyland, while Trump offers a world where you can yell at your neighbors for giving money to Communist Disney but still go to Disneyland whenever you feel like

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Why do folks keep saying this is his only shot? It feels like a lot of people running are getting their name and credentials out there for 2028. DeSantis obviously thought he had a shot here too, but doesn't "runner up to Trump" put him in a good position for the next primary? It seems like people who stick out multiple primaries eventually get seen as more viable.

This is a pretty unique situation where the front runner it term limited and everyone knows, win or lose, they'll have to pick a new candidate in just 4 years.

Unless Trump loses and decides to run again in 2028, which would be kind of hilarious.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Eiba posted:

Why do folks keep saying this is his only shot? It feels like a lot of people running are getting their name and credentials out there for 2028. DeSantis obviously thought he had a shot here too, but doesn't "runner up to Trump" put him in a good position for the next primary? It seems like people who stick out multiple primaries eventually get seen as more viable.

This is a pretty unique situation where the front runner it term limited and everyone knows, win or lose, they'll have to pick a new candidate in just 4 years.

Unless Trump loses and decides to run again in 2028, which would be kind of hilarious.

he is out in 2026 and if he wants to be politically relavent with out going back to the house again(no senate Florida seat up for grabs) he has to run now.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

It’s for three reasons:

1) In the modern media environment, maintaining support and enthusiasm for years is really really hard. The media always wants new and fresh and will jump on every new bandwagon to try and generate views and clicks, and so you’d always rather be the new hot commodity than the old news fighting to get attention.

2) DeSantis can only get attention by power stunts. Literally every reason you’ve heard of him is because of a bill he signed or a fight he picked, one of which would matter if he wasn’t a sitting governor. He loses that in 26 and has nowhere to go, so he’d both be old news and have no way to get people to notice him in ‘27 and ‘28.

3) The GOP is brain poisoned and sure they’re going to win in ‘24, and no one wants to be running against the GOP incumbent or incumbent-anointed candidate in ‘28.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Double comedy option is a deflated Desantis runs in 2028 but so does Trump

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

It’s for three reasons:

1) In the modern media environment, maintaining support and enthusiasm for years is really really hard. The media always wants new and fresh and will jump on every new bandwagon to try and generate views and clicks, and so you’d always rather be the new hot commodity than the old news fighting to get attention.

2) DeSantis can only get attention by power stunts. Literally every reason you’ve heard of him is because of a bill he signed or a fight he picked, one of which would matter if he wasn’t a sitting governor. He loses that in 26 and has nowhere to go, so he’d both be old news and have no way to get people to notice him in ‘27 and ‘28.

3) The GOP is brain poisoned and sure they’re going to win in ‘24, and no one wants to be running against the GOP incumbent or incumbent-anointed candidate in ‘28.

its also the political landscape will probably change by then, depending on who dems run, and how loving nuts the GOP have gone or if its fractures more or if trumps running or dead or in jail and etc and etc. Right now Ron is/was at the top of his game and for a while it was up in the air how trump would do with the base. but yeah now he is hosed and most of his laundry has leaked out showing he never made friends or built up any kind of real structure and no one from romney to tucker likes the dude on a personal level at all.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

DarklyDreaming posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can't really out-fash Trump because most of his fans don't want that, they want permission. From a legal standpoint that's a distinction without a difference, from a psychological standpoint it's all that matters. Or to put it another way: DeSantis offers a world without Disneyland, while Trump offers a world where you can yell at your neighbors for giving money to Communist Disney but still go to Disneyland whenever you feel like

That Ron White bit about being on debate team and shocking his opponent into silence by saying "Oh yeah? Well, gently caress you!" as a political strategy.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

skeleton warrior posted:

And as a result his entire campaign strategy has been "prevent defense" in trying to not lose votes or fall out of second place, and every football coach will tell you exactly how effective "prevent defense" is.

Of course, DeSantis' plan also involved him being seen as competent and presidential and we've seen how well he achieved that, too.

You can only play prevent defense once you're well ahead so, yes, a really dumb campaign strategy. Like others have said, I think he was counting on Trump's legal issues and poo poo removing him from the race but, like most GOP politicians, he's dealing with the rabid frankenstein monster that the cult driven base has become.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
There's also been reports that Trump is still punching down on DeSantis for being the first one to step up and challenge him from the party side, so as long as Trump views DeSantis as a punching bag there's little to no hope for DeSantis on a national stage.

DeSantis' biggest issue is that he couldn't attack Trump without the risk of MAGA coming after him full throttle, but Trump had full reign to go after DeSantis and MAGA loves nothing more than a bully picking on someone weaker than him. Everyone knows that unless you step up and slug the bully in the face they'll go after you until there's nothing left, and once it became clear that DeSantis wasn't gonna stand up to Trump he was done.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Dubar posted:

Double comedy option is a deflated Desantis runs in 2028 but so does Trump

I mean whether or not he gets on ballots is another thing, but unless something truly insane happens like 'he is convicted but flees to Russia' or something equally mental, I'm pretty sure Trump is going to keep running until he is dead. Maybe a massive stroke or some similar debilitating event would be able to stop him, but even then I think his idiot kids and other handlers would sort of still-technically-alive-Weekend At Bernies him. Like how they all accuse Biden of being completely senile and a shadow president for his handlers. Every accusation is a confession, etc.

I just can't imagine a world anymore where "Donald Trump is alive" "Donald Trump is not currently POTUS" "Donald Trump is not somehow seeking the presidency" are all true facts.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

skeleton warrior posted:

It’s for three reasons:

4) Ron hosed around with a very certain Mouse's House. By 2028 he will have gone through the full finding out of that loving around. I do not expect it to be pleasant for Ron.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

4) Ron hosed around with a very certain Mouse's House. By 2028 he will have gone through the full finding out of that loving around. I do not expect it to be pleasant for Ron.

I think part of the reason he doesn’t drop out is because he realizes the Florida gop would gently caress him over if the money flees more or disneys butchers bill is too high or trump demands it. Every article I read talks about how desantis didn’t even try to make friends and in roads into the party more and throws tantrums and poo poo. Meanwhile Trump will call you if you’re sick.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I think part of the reason he doesn’t drop out is because he realizes the Florida gop would gently caress him over if the money flees more or disneys butchers bill is too high or trump demands it. Every article I read talks about how desantis didn’t even try to make friends and in roads into the party more and throws tantrums and poo poo. Meanwhile Trump will call you if you’re sick.

His main issue is that he was built up as the next guy, and promptly turned around and used that status as a club to threaten the legislature into line. This was exasperated by his win making him look like he was wildly popular. So for a time he was demanding fealty and charging favors as the guy who was going to win the nomination. Then by the time he actually announced, he was beyond his sell by date but had demanded a lot of absolutely stupid moves that will only hurt everyone who carried them out.

The Mouse is not going to forget this, and most of these guys are stuck in the cage with him. Their calculation was that they'd have a powerful backing from next level DeSantis. With the usual modern day Republican Political Calculus and Planning caveat of a huge stein of Kool-aide being drunk at the same time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gyges posted:

His main issue is that he was built up as the next guy, and promptly turned around and used that status as a club to threaten the legislature into line. This was exasperated by his win making him look like he was wildly popular. So for a time he was demanding fealty and charging favors as the guy who was going to win the nomination. Then by the time he actually announced, he was beyond his sell by date but had demanded a lot of absolutely stupid moves that will only hurt everyone who carried them out.

The Mouse is not going to forget this, and most of these guys are stuck in the cage with him. Their calculation was that they'd have a powerful backing from next level DeSantis. With the usual modern day Republican Political Calculus and Planning caveat of a huge stein of Kool-aide being drunk at the same time.

he had a very very narrow window which was right after he won or right before. trump was not doing well and desantis was, he dithered and also didnt punch trump. it didnt help that disney hit and has him dead to rights and popular support behind them. he is basicaly stuck in a cage with a tiger that he can escape from easy but once he gets out of the cage, the tents on fire and their are bigger angrier animals.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
https://youtu.be/HH8moUGY43A?si=RGEB3GFMr68gHErj

Behind the Bastards on our man Ron DeSantis

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Tim Scott has suspended his campaign:

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1723903088384258156?t=uqfw49Den3VtWEQ8WQ4iyg&s=19

(also I should really update the OP at some point, whoops)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Turns out being a good boyfriend is too time consuming to allow for a Presidential run.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1723903088384258156?t=uqfw49Den3VtWEQ8WQ4iyg&s=19

"All you have to do is go to a farm in Iowa"

-- his answer to whether or not he'd raise the retirement age

Dude kind of faded into the background. all he had were completely canned lines that he'd try to shoehorn in no matter how senseless

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

He's gonna spend more time with his girlfriend in Canada.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

OctaMurk posted:

Dude kind of faded into the background. all he had were completely canned lines that he'd try to shoehorn in no matter how senseless

Tim Scott's primary debate answers were so bad that when the camera zoomed out you could see his opponents almost slack-jawed in listening to him. There was nothing to refute or worth attacking, his end was already assured.

(Edit: oh poo poo I actually took a photo in the moment. Behold!)

DeSantis is headed the same way with his scripted responses. "On day one I will take [Biden policy], tear it in half, and throw it in the garbage where it BELONGS!"

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 13, 2023

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
DeSantis' problem lie more in his anti-charisma, AI mannerisms, and clear usage of high heels. People can't hear his meaningless answers through his strained, rigor smile.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

DeSantis' problem lie more in his anti-charisma, AI mannerisms, and clear usage of high heels. People can't hear his meaningless answers through his strained, rigor smile.

He is the latest in a long line of Florida Republicans who are less a human being and more an eldritch demon in a human suit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gyges posted:

yeah. it also doesnt help that he is going deeply unpopular social right poo poo and trying to out trump trump. to do any of that poo poo, you need some charisma. ron doesnt have it. vivek is doing the same thing but he is gunning for a tucker type job or some sort of Ghoul admin job.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
So has Trump gone even further down the fash-hole than before? The media is reporting it like he's literally parroting Hitler, and his plans for a second/forever term are more alarming than ever. Did the recent polls just go to his head? He had been off the campaign trail for a while, and sort-of keeping his mouth shut, but these recent rallys have reminded everyone of the rhetoric and I feel like people are alarmed he's still aiming for authoritarianism.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
He's saying the quiet parts loud and open, but he always does. Like it's utterly terrifying and insane stuff that should immediately bar him from ever holding any position of power, but lol.
That said I'm legit not sure it's really that much of a meaningful new thing or departure from his usual behavior. Might be the bad polling for Biden or something spooked the media since they may finally have realized that if Trump wins they are one of the groups that will possibly be up against the wall. But who knows.

I think prior to 2016 the media was dumb enough to think both that Trump did not mean the things he said, and that he could not win. After 2016 but until recently, I think they might have realized he means the things he says, but also believed he could not win again. I think now after some recent polls they may have been spooked into realizing both that he can win again, and yes he still means what he says.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

VorpalBunny posted:

So has Trump gone even further down the fash-hole than before? The media is reporting it like he's literally parroting Hitler, and his plans for a second/forever term are more alarming than ever. Did the recent polls just go to his head? He had been off the campaign trail for a while, and sort-of keeping his mouth shut, but these recent rallys have reminded everyone of the rhetoric and I feel like people are alarmed he's still aiming for authoritarianism.

I think it's less him Hitlering faster, more leaks of depositions and other info coming from the trials making it less easy to sweep under the rug and ignore. So 3 years of building evidence finally hitting a sufficient saturation point that it's no longer loony lefties and RESISTANCE RADICALS saying dudes fash. His continued use of the bullhorn is just keeping it from regressing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

VorpalBunny posted:

The forever term plans are a broader state transformation project being worked up by other conservative groups to basically undermine and rapidly replace entities in all three branches and put them under conservative control. It's terrifying in some respects, but it's also reported oddly because it's principally just bundling things conservative groups have been pursuing for decades.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Remember that in 2016 Trump was calling for “Second Amendment solutions” if Hillary won. He’s always been a fascist who wants to be the face of an uprising because it’s proof that he’s so loved.

What’s scary for a second term is not that he’ll have more stupid, fascist ideas, because every expose revealed he had plenty of those. What’s scary is how much more likely it is he’ll appoint more Cheseboros and other fascists and usurpers because he no longer feels tied to letting semi-competent conservatives handle the hard parts of the job.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

Remember that in 2016 Trump was calling for “Second Amendment solutions” if Hillary won. He’s always been a fascist who wants to be the face of an uprising because it’s proof that he’s so loved.

What’s scary for a second term is not that he’ll have more stupid, fascist ideas, because every expose revealed he had plenty of those. What’s scary is how much more likely it is he’ll appoint more Cheseboros and other fascists and usurpers because he no longer feels tied to letting semi-competent conservatives handle the hard parts of the job.

its also he is older and stress and the court poo poo and the failed coup/etc hosed up his brain way way worse and its only gonna get louder and dumber, he isnt gonna run on anything to get the suburbs or moderates people he needs to cross the finish line back. i think the polling will see some shifts once its clear that trump IS the nom which i think is a 75% chance now. trump is way more hosed up moron then he was in 2016. watch his speeches and poo poo then and now.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

VorpalBunny posted:

So has Trump gone even further down the fash-hole than before?

this always was what he was inside, but it definitely is coming at us harder because one way or another he lost any ability to tactically benefit from having a mask on, and probably sat his rear end down 90% of the time self-radicalizing on fox pundits and the like right as he got deep into the age where you really start losing filters and so now he's all out on the Cleanse The Land Of Vermin poo poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Staluigi posted:

this always was what he was inside, but it definitely is coming at us harder because one way or another he lost any ability to tactically benefit from having a mask on, and probably sat his rear end down 90% of the time self-radicalizing on fox pundits and the like right as he got deep into the age where you really start losing filters and so now he's all out on the Cleanse The Land Of Vermin poo poo

i think people kinda forget trump IS his base as much as he hates them and he consumes the same insane media poo poo but probably even more "pure" because he has miller and others feeding him all kinds of insane poo poo. like i dont think trumps some great believer in the Culture war poo poo or whatever but he eats from the same toxic traugh they do. so now he is just fully self radicalized and then gets his words parroted back to him by his base and the news he consumes and on and on.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think people kinda forget trump IS his base as much as he hates them and he consumes the same insane media poo poo but probably even more "pure" because he has miller and others feeding him all kinds of insane poo poo. like i dont think trumps some great believer in the Culture war poo poo or whatever but he eats from the same toxic traugh they do. so now he is just fully self radicalized and then gets his words parroted back to him by his base and the news he consumes and on and on.

I think the most jarring thing for me was the news that Miller is already looking for lawyers who will defend these insane Trump policies once they get into office. One year out, they already know their poo poo is so toxic and evil they are massing a stable of shithead lawyers to push it all through anyway.
Aren't all the "best" terrible right-wing lawyers already on Trump's various criminal cases? In addition to all the ones who turned into defendants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

VorpalBunny posted:

I think the most jarring thing for me was the news that Miller is already looking for lawyers who will defend these insane Trump policies once they get into office. One year out, they already know their poo poo is so toxic and evil they are massing a stable of shithead lawyers to push it all through anyway.
Aren't all the "best" terrible right-wing lawyers already on Trump's various criminal cases? In addition to all the ones who turned into defendants?

i hate being that dickhead and i will again probably eat my words. but the project 2025 poo poo is kinda overblow sorta. its a chud version of a list of dreams and horrible poo poo they want to inact with a bunch of legalise bullshit that they will tyr to use as cover. most of it is "fire everyone who isnt a chud, replace with chuds, make the military shoot protesters, ban all abortion and the gays and bring back the comstock acts. like they dont have the smart lawyers to pull that off and while yeah scotus would sign off on some of it, alot of it they won't. its also the military won't open fire on american citizens because trump demands it and tries to saturday night massacare his way through high command. this poo poo can work if the US goverment was already hollowed out and the military wanted trump to do it. but miller is basicaly just hoping the US is the weimar without doing the resarch into why it failed. its massive fanfiction to excite the /pol/ type chuds. i am not saying its not possible. but if trump wins we are already hosed so. idk.