Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Did she do her best to mimic the voice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Did she do her best to mimic the voice?

She tried but struggled with getting anywhere near as deep as Doc Hammer. Either way, she gets 10/10 in my book. We're wearing it again to a bonfire on Tuesday. A lot of people instantly recognized us. My sister said "Green Hornet and his chauffeur?" which is actually not terribly far from the mark.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Happy Landfill posted:

You look awesome!! :thumbsup:

Thanks! We played a gig last night at a place we play at frequently, and this was their Halloween show. So, there was a costume contest. Literally one person got who I was dressed up as, and I'm only 7% sure they didn't just read the name patch. But, I wasn't in the contest anyway, because our drummer was officiating it.

Hilariously, my wife, who was dressed as Tina from Bob's Burgers, won the contest in a run-off between her and a very convincing pirate.

My son* was also in attendance since the gig was close-ish to home. He was dressed as a pirate (not the pirate who won), and I'm mad at myself for not realizing that I could have bought some darts, removed the tips, made some butterfly-shaped flights, and attached them to his arm. He would have been Ghost Pirate Who Isn't A Ghost Or A Pirate Even Really.

TK-42-1 posted:

Both of those costumes are awesome. Props for shaving your beard off for the bit.

I only shaved off most of my beard. I did shave my head for this. Well, my barber did. I'm going to keep the look for a little while, but my wife's immediate reaction was... less than pleased, even though she knew I was doing this.

I've had people tell me I look younger, though, which is crazy.

I love this!!

My wife said that next year, I can make a proper Monarch costume, which will take some work. She wants to go as Dr. Mrs. The Monarch, although that outfit doesn't exist if you don't make it. She might do Pillbox Hat Dr. Girlfriend instead.

* he's a 27-year-old autistic man, but he's borderline high-functioning and can handle himself well in public.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 30, 2023

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Doc's band 'Pageant Girls' has a Street Team "Mystery Mailer" thing up for sale. They're a fun band, and it's Doc so anticipate it's gonna be a postcard, stickers, and maybe some amazingly designed throwback zine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzEt0b-PZCf/

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

First Runner Up is one of my favorite songs of all time.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

LividLiquid posted:

First Runner Up is one of my favorite songs of all time.

love that chorus.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Apparently one episode had a cut scene in a flashback where Professor Impossible was having his name removed from a university office, apparently due to a scandal with a student named Sally, and that explains so much and twists the knife that his wife was a student probably at least a decade his junior.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

That doesn't feel like something his character would do, so I'm glad they cut the scene

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Sssssssscience?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
That's why it's programmed to SIMULATE love!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

tarlibone posted:

The speedsuit is an actual short-sleeve jumpsuit,

Don't let Doc here you say that

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Impossible's name is still shown being removed from the door, according to my memory and a fan wiki. There's just no mention of Sally.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
got an email about a restock of shirts including the guild one.

quote:

Set your alarms ⏰ because these iconic tees will go back on sale November 9th at exactly 10am PST.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

uber_stoat posted:

got an email about a restock of shirts including the guild one.

Same but sold out by the time I clicked.

Nm. Tomorrow

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

deong posted:

Same but sold out by the time I clicked.

Nm. Tomorrow

oh thank god. i was floored that they sold out in the 5 minutes between the email and checking it out

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i didn't read the whole email, just clicked the link, and came to the same conclusion, had to go back and edit the post.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

my kingdom for a guild of calamitous intent shirt

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Can y'all please link the store? Is it the titmousestuff one?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Anticheese posted:

Can y'all please link the store? Is it the titmousestuff one?

https://www.titmousestuff.com/collections/the-venture-bros

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Thank you :)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

8one6 posted:

You may not be thinking about the network effects. Even if it can't be scaled up past roughly a 7ft cylinder 3ft wide the platform is small enough that every airport on earth would have an a to b connection to almost every other major airport on earth. Every bus depot, every mall, every subway station. Every fortune 500 company would connect every branch office if for no other reason than to say they could.

5 years after the Venture-port hits the market and personal travel logistics for all but the poorest people basically becomes like a 20 minute walk around the neighborhood where you navigate 5 or 6 hubs with one of those subway maps.

At the very least every hospital and ambulance on earth has one and Rusty gets the Nobel prize in medicine.

Imagining the new branch of malpractice suits from severed limbs and heads when teleporting trauma victims.

"The plaintiff's arm was severed by the crash. It wasn't the EMTs placement of them on the pad."

"What car crash causes a clean semi circular cut like in exhibits B1 and B2? Matching the exact circumference segment of the pad used? And it's procedure to teleport trauma victims with any limbs, fingers, hands and or toes. etc. along with them for speedy treatment."

"Your honor, motion to declare opposing counsel a dick."

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
A venture courtroom drama episode would have been great

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

What do ya'll think the Trial of the Monarch was?

MECHA SHIVA!

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Dean shouting that there's peepee on the floor will live in my head until I die.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Classic Venture Bros t-shirts in black and grey look great! I wish they were guild shirts though

e: Guild shirts showed up a few minutes later!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
got my guild shirt. :toot:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Woohoo, shirts ordered!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Go Team Venture! /jj

Like. Now. Right now. Go do it if you want one.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

woooooo got the grey V, Monarch, and Guild shirts in medium

I didn't need to spend that money but man, when would I ever get the chance?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Classic Venture Bros t-shirts in black and grey look great! I wish they were guild shirts though

e: Guild shirts showed up a few minutes later!

Man, you think those look good? I was ready to give em a pass, just cause this was such an unexpected $100 expense. I just texted my cousin to see what size he is, so if he gets back to me in time maybe I'll add another one for myself.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

CatstropheWaitress posted:

What do ya'll think the Trial of the Monarch was?

MECHA SHIVA!

Do not go in there!

I had TaCO BelL for lunch

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Nice, I got two shirts, and got the outer wilds vinyl earlier today. It's a good day.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Man, you think those look good? I was ready to give em a pass, just cause this was such an unexpected $100 expense. I just texted my cousin to see what size he is, so if he gets back to me in time maybe I'll add another one for myself.

welp, they were out of stock in his size on everything except the distressed Venture Bros shirts by the time he responded, so I got myself a grey one and a black one for him (because they sold out of the grey XLs before I could hit Checkout lol).

I dunno, those seem a little plain imo, little bit of buyer's remorse. I hope it'll be a good holiday gift, tho

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I forgot and they were out of my size on the ones I wanted, but they did restock the Metalocalypse long sleeve so I consider this a win

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
gently caress me. I go get groceries only to come back and everything in M/L are already gone.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It must suck to not be a Gentleman of Girth sometimes. I hope everyone gets the merch they want.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
My men's medium torso is causing me a lot of consternation right now, I'm going to arch myself

Mmbwaa haha haa haaa haa mmm

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I might be forgetting something obvious, but did the last two seasons ever show where White lives after moving to New York? Billy lives with his mother, Rodney, and Col. Gentleman, but does White live there too?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I AM GRANDO posted:

I might be forgetting something obvious, but did the last two seasons ever show where White lives after moving to New York? Billy lives with his mother, Rodney, and Col. Gentleman, but does White live there too?

Living with Billy would be my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That or somewhere in the Venture building.