Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Blasmeister posted:

I wonder if this is also true for Scary Movie. Was the wassup mask a creation of the movie and thus DBD’s ghostface is more officially associated with the Scream parody than the original, or did they themselves also run the direct mask licensing gambit to save money so the costume company owns that mask too?

According to this website, Fun World does indeed own the Wassup masks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Diabetic posted:

They age him up in the series and it's not that big a stretch if they had to make him an adult

They didn't so much "age him up" as much as "the same actor has played him for 35 years" :D

ChickenHeart posted:

Brenda for Ghost Face

And The Pig, I guess

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
She is the Ultimate Survivor

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Medullah posted:

They didn't so much "age him up" as much as "the same actor has played him for 35 years" :D

In celebration of Chucky we watched the first Child's Play and not for nothing but Andy's actor is really good for being like six or so. One scene he looks so scared and miserable one might think Don Mancini told him there was no Santa Clause right before the director yelled "Action!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

In celebration of Chucky we watched the first Child's Play and not for nothing but Andy's actor is really good for being like six or so. One scene he looks so scared and miserable one might think Don Mancini told him there was no Santa Clause right before the director yelled "Action!"

Yeah he's really good in Child's Play 1 and 2.

Adult Andy in the Chucky series......well he didn't really keep up on his acting lessons but it's still cool that they kept him.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They aged up Yoichi, so there’s precedent if we’re all gonna be prudes about a doll violently stabbing an eight-year-old multiple times.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I'm all for violence against children...

DbD Thread: I'm all for violence against children

... but this is probably an issue they ran into with Victor and game ratings, especially per country. They're already M but being tipped to AO(unlikely) is a kiss of death, but they also have to contend with stricter standards from other countries too. This also makes me realize that their incredibly goofy insistence that Victor is a little man was necessary, funny as it was.

I'm just reminded of things like how Contra is about robots shooting evil robots in Europe, or how Fallout 2 has invisible kids in some versions so you can never interact with and hurt them.

Adult Andy would be a good survivor.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShinySwissKumquatPhilosoraptor-8lOwAl93fPFhRtAX

Goddamn Chucky's special attack has RANGE.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'm so loving hyped for Chucky, it's something I never thought I'd see and yet here we are.

And they handled him perfectly. Especially the vocal lines, he never shuts up and there's just so many unique lines. I watched some of the Otz stream and I was amazed at just how much dialogue Chucky has, and we probably haven't even heard all of it yet. Also his movement, attack speed, everything is spot on.

So how long until they nerf all his best perks and add-ons?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

I'm so loving hyped for Chucky, it's something I never thought I'd see and yet here we are.

And they handled him perfectly. Especially the vocal lines, he never shuts up and there's just so many unique lines. I watched some of the Otz stream and I was amazed at just how much dialogue Chucky has, and we probably haven't even heard all of it yet. Also his movement, attack speed, everything is spot on.

So how long until they nerf all his best perks and add-ons?

I don't thinkany of the perks are OP enough that they'll get nerfed. The blind one could be fun but it's a Hex which instantly means it's off the table for me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

A couple of his animations I hope get somewhat of a touch up but other than that he seems perfect.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I could see Friends 'Til The End getting nerfed if it snowballs too hard, but Hex: Two Can Play and Batteries Included are just counter perks for things annoying survivor squads do. They don't do enough in normal play to do much, they're just something you slap on if you're feeling salty. You know, like Lightborn.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I could see Friends 'Til The End getting nerfed if it snowballs too hard, but Hex: Two Can Play and Batteries Included are just counter perks for things annoying survivor squads do. They don't do enough in normal play to do much, they're just something you slap on if you're feeling salty. You know, like Lightborn.

Eh, the duration of Exposed isn't long enough for it to really be a threat. Pre-nerf Nurse it would be devastating but now it's just another BBQ/Floods of Rage/Alien Instinct option.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

Eh, the duration of Exposed isn't long enough for it to really be a threat. Pre-nerf Nurse it would be devastating but now it's just another BBQ/Floods of Rage/Alien Instinct option.

Watching the SpookyLoopz video he had some fun with it at end game with some altruism heh.

edit: 30 seconds is longer than one thinks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comfortador posted:

Watching the SpookyLoopz video he had some fun with it at end game with some altruism heh.

edit: 30 seconds is longer than one thinks.

Yeah, 30 seconds is a lot...but 20 seconds is the perk. :D

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

Yeah, 30 seconds is a lot...but 20 seconds is the perk. :D

Oh yeah thats different, it's relegated to the "get x amount of hooks on an obsession" for the most part.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comfortador posted:

Oh yeah thats different, it's relegated to the "get x amount of hooks on an obsession" for the most part.

Could have some potential synergy with the new Furtive Chase but yeah, I don't think it's an A tier perk.

Edit - I should say against knowlegable survivors - especially SWF, they'll quickly realize you have the perk going and will stay away from hooks.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Chucky's hex is good(if you want revenge) imo because it spawns mid match instead of being something a survivor can find within the first ten seconds by blind chance. Same reason I like pentimento and Pinhead's similar hexes.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Already seeing survivors say MFT should be reverted because "if you take NOED and batteries included it's basically the same" which is... Incredible

Friends to the End is going to be very funny on scratched mirror Myers, if he can haul his fat rear end across the map fast enough

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Danaru posted:

Already seeing survivors say MFT should be reverted because "if you take NOED and batteries included it's basically the same" which is... Incredible

They really need to just get rid of haste stacking.

Danaru posted:

Friends to the End is going to be very funny on scratched mirror Myers, if he can haul his fat rear end across the map fast enough

Yeah no, it'll be terrible on Scratched Mirror Myers. He's slow, so won't be able to easily get to them and the aura reading is pointless with him.

In my opinion, of course.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

King Vidiot posted:

And they handled him perfectly. Especially the vocal lines, he never shuts up and there's just so many unique lines

He also has some fun interactions with Nick Cage. Seems like a really fun killer to play, so I too am fearing the worst and expecting them to ram him into the ground before release. I don't think they should: he's not OP by any means.

But what they seriously should do is fix some of the annoying little issues. His power feels clunky to use around windows and pallets, and aiming the final lunge also feels a bit counter intuitive. And the cooldown for the power is a bit long without the addons, so it feels like he might be one of those killers where certain addons are basically mandatory.

Not the end of the world though.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Medullah posted:

Yeah no, it'll be terrible on Scratched Mirror Myers. He's slow, so won't be able to easily get to them and the aura reading is pointless with him.

In my opinion, of course.

The way I see it you can supplement the free aura reading with your stalk, and the lack of heartbeat will make it so they don't know where you're coming from, making it easy to sneak up or head off the new obsession. The speed debuff isn't as big an issue if there's no chase :v:

It's map specific, but so is everything about scratched mirror. I hate the swamp a lot

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Danaru posted:

The way I see it you can supplement the free aura reading with your stalk, and the lack of heartbeat will make it so they don't know where you're coming from, making it easy to sneak up or head off the new obsession. The speed debuff isn't as big an issue if there's no chase :v:

It's map specific, but so is everything about scratched mirror. I hate the swamp a lot

Yeah I mean, I see the potential use but there's just so many other good options.

But that's what's cool about this game, there's tons of perks and hundreds of perk combinations and there's no meta perks that everyone uses and ahahahahahah can't keep a straight face

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Chucky definitely raised the bar for all future killers. I’m not saying they all need to be chatterboxes with nearly 9 minutes of recorded dialogue, and some killers are just more effective as creepy silent murderers,but stuff like Singularity and Trickster definitely adds more personality to these characters.

I wouldn’t mind it for survivors either, although survivor mains probably don’t want their characters being more audible.

Also get Robert Englund into the recording studio :argh:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Monkey's Paw curls, we get the Turkey from Thankskilling.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Just imagine if Freddy was the super talkative Robert Englund version just roasting survivors with lovely puns as he killed them :allears:

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just imagine if Freddy was the super talkative Robert Englund version just roasting survivors with lovely puns as he killed them :allears:

The fact that we still don't have Englund and Nancy is a war crime

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Sneak preview at my "killers seen" tracker, starting from Xenomorph release date:

There's over 200 games in here.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just want him to look like Robert Englund instead of a loving wax Freddy someone stepped on.

Look at this loving poo poo.

Just look at it. That looks like a Freddy I drew and I CAN'T DRAW.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I just want him to look like Robert Englund instead of a loving wax Freddy someone stepped on.

Look at this loving poo poo.

Just look at it. That looks like a Freddy I drew and I CAN'T DRAW.

I mean, he doesn't look that off from Jackie Earle Haley's Freddy which he's based on. We won't get Englund because the rights moved around from what I understand, so it's 2009 NOES or bust.

Now...why Quentin doesn't look like Kyle Gallner in the least, that's stupid.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Medullah posted:

Now...why Quentin doesn't look like Kyle Gallner in the least, that's stupid.

They have the rights to the character, not the actor. It's the same thing that happened with Laurie Strode and Ellen Ripley.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That doesn’t mean Freddy has to look like his face was made of canned meats

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Medullah posted:

I mean, he doesn't look that off from Jackie Earle Haley's Freddy which he's based on. We won't get Englund because the rights moved around from what I understand, so it's 2009 NOES or bust.

Sure yeah I get that Englund's not happening due to the rights, but...

Pants Donkey posted:

Yeah exactly.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

There's a reason I edited my quote to only include the Quentin portion.

Although the original goblin face was inexcusable.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Quentin's actor was famously asked about Gremlin Quentin and he was like "I don't like it either but I don't own my own face as far as Quentin goes"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rydiafan posted:

They have the rights to the character, not the actor. It's the same thing that happened with Laurie Strode and Ellen Ripley.

Yeah I should have clarified that I knew that but it's ridiculous that they didn't allow those rights, it's not like it's a beloved movie with a super famous actor in it like Ripley.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DeathChicken posted:

Quentin's actor was famously asked about Gremlin Quentin and he was like "I don't like it either but I don't own my own face as far as Quentin goes"

:shepface: Christ that's a dire statement

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Danaru posted:

:shepface: Christ that's a dire statement

I'm not sure how true it can be in a post BttF2 world. I guess anything can be done with the right contact, but Crispin Glover fought to make sure actors owned their own faces.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Mind if I ask a TCM question? I didn't see a thread for it. Any newbie Cook or Johnny advice not explained in the tutorials? I've played five games and the last one I was able to pick out survivors quite a few times, but in the others I wasn't in range a whole lot. I know I'll get better with map knowledge, just wondering if there was something I could be doing better.

Played Leatherface twice, the second time I got my first (and only) kill :shobon:

It doesn't have the same survivor vibe as ft13 but I'm enjoying starting out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Mind if I ask a TCM question? I didn't see a thread for it. Any newbie Cook or Johnny advice not explained in the tutorials? I've played five games and the last one I was able to pick out survivors quite a few times, but in the others I wasn't in range a whole lot. I know I'll get better with map knowledge, just wondering if there was something I could be doing better.

Played Leatherface twice, the second time I got my first (and only) kill :shobon:

It doesn't have the same survivor vibe as ft13 but I'm enjoying starting out!

Johnny advice: Don't. my personal opinion everyone who plays johnny is a loving bot.

Cook, the key is grinding out his ability level 3 so that when you highlight people with your ability it highlights them for everyone. The Otz video (he plays with Hens and someone else) his Cook stuff is perfect. I play Leatherface and Cook mainly but also side with Hitchhiker. Sissy and Johnny just suck imo.

Any other questions by all means, I'm fairly versed in their play. (LF, Cook, HH only)