Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Union rep here. Boyfriend probably didn't articulate himself very well but he isn't wrong. I could be absolutely 100% correct in what I'm saying but I don't say a loving thing (and am advised not to by our counsel) because I could get sued for defamation and while I may beat the case I'll still be on the hook for showing up to depositions, court cases etc and I absolutely do not want that. When in doubt even if you know for a fact that the person did whatever it was, it's always better to keep your mouth shut, especially with people you don't know very well who might like that person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
Pretty sure the guy fired from Walmart isn't going to sue for defamation

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Just think back to the reactions from plenty of men when #MeToo first hit.

Is PlentyOfMen the gay PlentyOfFish spinoff? Always wondered why there wasn't a PlentyOfPeople or something. We're not all Troy McClure.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

PancakeTransmission posted:

Pretty sure the guy fired from Walmart isn't going to sue for defamation

You'd be surprised. I have 5 legal holds on my emails currently about people who were fired from a call center.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Im going to sue you for failing to spontaneously speak well of me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’m going to sue Fleetwood Mac over their most famous album.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

AITA for telling some people looking for a coworker why he was fired?

You shouldn't tell random people why a coworker was fired, it's private information. This guy shouldn't even know about it. Only the fired guy, HR, management, and the person he assaulted should be privy to that information.

Like what if the girls he is telling this guy was fired for assaulting coworker X were actually friends with the guy, had heard the story already from his side and already sided with him, now they might be harassing coworker X for "getting their friend fired". It's none of their business.

Also saying "people in our company committed assault and theft" is a tremendously stupid thing to tell your customers. You just say "Oh they are no longer with the company."

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Union rep here. Boyfriend probably didn't articulate himself very well but he isn't wrong. I could be absolutely 100% correct in what I'm saying but I don't say a loving thing (and am advised not to by our counsel) because I could get sued for defamation and while I may beat the case I'll still be on the hook for showing up to depositions, court cases etc and I absolutely do not want that. When in doubt even if you know for a fact that the person did whatever it was, it's always better to keep your mouth shut, especially with people you don't know very well who might like that person.

It comes down to there not being any upside to over-sharing here. There is no downside to saying "sorry, he doesn't work here anymore" and any added information will only raise questions down the line.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
For some reason I read it as her telling co-workers the guy got fired which, depends on the co-workers I guess, but if they were clients/customers then lol at anything other than “oh he isn’t with us any more”

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

It’s kind of compounded by the fact that she didn’t even know the guy, she is his replacement

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for raising my voice and saying my husband's nephew was being unthinking and selfish?

quote:

My husband (26M) and I watch his nephew Seth (10) one weekend a month while my husband's sister Anna (30F) works extra or takes a weekend to herself. She's a single mom, so the family tries to help her when possible. My husband and I agree that both Seth and Anna are very self-centered. When we can, we try to help Seth learn to see other's perspectives and break out of his self-centered-ness, while acknowledging that he is 10 and this can be a challenge for a child. We had him an extra day yesterday because we were both off work and he was out of school.

We limit the beverages Seth has at our apartment. If he wants something to drink that's not a cup of water, one of us has to get it for him. This is because we've caught him guzzling multiple sodas in a matter of minutes after telling him he can have one, or he'll drink our chocolate milk from the carton, etc. He can't control himself with sugary beverages.

We had just finished eating lunch and Seth asked if he could have a cup of milk. My husband said he would get him one in a few minutes. Unfortunately, my husband ended up blacking out and had a short convulsive episode This happens occasionally, so I tried to keep myself together to get him on his side, time it, etc. I was also trying to tell Seth to leave the room until it was over because it's distressing to see, but Seth stayed in the room. Thankfully, my husband woke up right after the episode subsided. He was alert but said he wanted to lie on the floor for a while. As I was getting him a pillow, Seth asked my husband, "Well, can you get my milk first?"

My husband didn't respond to him, but I did. I pulled him into the kitchen (where I could still keep an eye on hubby) and told him he was being "unthinking and selfish." I will admit my voice was raised, in part due to the stress of the moment leaving my body but also, admittedly, out of anger at Seth. I permitted him to get his own milk for the moment because I thought I would lose my cool if he asked again.

Anna apparently heard of this after Seth went back home. She has been going back and forth with me and my husband through text (and one very angry voicemail) saying how dare I scream at her son (which I did not do) and how it was our fault for having "stupid rules" for him. My in-laws are trying to play referee but they want me to apologize to Anna because "it would make things easier for everyone if she wasn't angry." I said it would be easier for everyone if Seth (and Anna) were taught to be a little less selfish. She hasn't shown any interest in how her brother is doing.

AITA?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Sounds like they shouldn't watch Seth any more.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I mean when you think about it, the husband was super selfish for having an episode that interrupted the kid's day. So who's really wrong?

poo poo like this is why we still have covid.

AITA for not washing my hands after peeing?

quote:

I recently started working in a firm and share an open-plan office with multiple colleagues. The toilets are directly adjacent to the office. The situation is as follows: I always wash my hands after taking a dump, but when I am peeing, I am often too lazy. A colleague of mine who sits close to the toilet apparently noticed this because of the missing water sounds. She confronted me and made clear that she wants me to wash my hands after going to the bathroom because of hygiene reasons. In this moment, I felt a little bit like she invaded my privacy and answered with a subtly irritated "ok" . I would argue that people do "nasty" stuff with their hands all the time, such as picking their nose, and I would never expect everyone to always keep their hands in a clean condition. Furthermore, we do not really share any objects around the office (except door knobs maybe). Everyone has their own stuff. However, maybe I am also thinking too one-sided and neglecting the well-being of my colleagues. Therefore, I would like to ask you : AITA in this situation?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s also why my job installed “How to use a urinal” signs in the men’s restroom, complete with illustrations.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Everyone needs to wash their hands after entering a bathroom. Idgaf if you even did anything in there, wash your disgusting dickbeaters before you rejoin civilisation you vile fucks.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just rig the bathroom so if you ever violate the sequence of door -> flush -> sink -> door the fire sprinklers go off

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

I mean when you think about it, the husband was super selfish for having an episode that interrupted the kid's day. So who's really wrong?

incredible to proceed typing this past the title

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
doubly incredible to actually type out, to be read by the entire public internet, "I don't wash my hands after peeing because I'm lazy"

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I walk on my hands in the bathroom so I don’t have to touch my dick and therefore don’t need to wash my hands

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Every bathroom should come with a full decontamination chamber like they had in Star Trek: Enterprise: Does This One Have Spock Too? Complete with goo to rub on.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

haveblue posted:

Just rig the bathroom so if you ever violate the sequence of door -> flush -> sink -> door the fire sprinklers go off

:hmmyes:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Username/post

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I always wash my hands after taking a dump, but when I am peeing, I am often too lazy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Vim Fuego posted:

I always wash my hands after taking a dump

So, every time you post?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
That's the thing that gets me. Too lazy. So you already know that your actions are wrong, your justification is the weakest of sauces, but somehow you still have to question if you are wrong.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Everyone needs to wash their hands after entering a bathroom. Idgaf if you even did anything in there, wash your disgusting dickbeaters before you rejoin civilisation you vile fucks.

What if you're Jewish and you can't do any work on Shabbos?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I'm touching everything in the thread breakroom

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

What if you're Jewish and you can't do any work on Shabbos?

I have a shabbos goy for that

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Cowslips Warren posted:

lmao "subtly irritated" is right up there with "calmly explained"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You don't wash your hands because your hand is contaminated from having unzipped your pants and pointing your dick at the urinal. You wash your hands after the bathroom because you are supposed to be washing your hands because your hand is contaminated from literally everything throughout the day all the time and that's a good time to do it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
:mad: Washing your hands after peeing.

:hmmyes: Washing your hands while peeing.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Just pee in the sink and save time.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hell, I throw on some latex gloves before pulling my dick out to pee. Who knows where that thing's been!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

The correct answer here was to simply lie and imply your co-worker is a weirdo for pretending to know what you do in the bathroom (even though they're 100% in the right), and then start washing your drat hands so you never get caught again

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Just pee in the sink and save time.

If you poop in the kitchen sink you can use the garbage disposal to cut all the terds up on the way down and then you can use the faucet to clean your rear end.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
No, you’re supposed to poo poo in the crisper drawer.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Batterypowered7 posted:

If you poop in the kitchen sink you can use the garbage disposal to cut all the terds up on the way down and then you can use the faucet to clean your rear end.
just run a couple lemons through there after you're done and it's all good

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Prism posted:

In my experience, those people absolutely exist and get very mad about people who don't drink and don't have a 'good enough' reason not to.

I just assume they're mostly alcoholics in denial.

Coming from the brewing industry and having worked both with and for these types of people, you're 100% correct. Alcoholism is probably the biggest elephant in the room when it comes to the brewing industry, and the biggest drunks are frequently the ones who get the most belligerent about wanting you to drink with them. I have a number of friends who are sober for various reasons, some of whom are former industry who realized that neither brewing nor alcohol were healthy for them, and I try to be very proactive about honoring and respecting their needs. I feel like it's my responsibility as somebody who works with alcohol for a living to respect and support people who don't drink.

RocketMermaid fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 9, 2023

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Batterypowered7 posted:

Look who's too good for the poop knife!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Look the dirtiest thing in the bathroom is obviously the flush so as long as you don't flush you don't really need to wash your hands