Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

How much will he have left after this?

20mil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Just doing some arithmetic for laffs

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Blasmeister posted:

How much will he have left after this? Is he taking his ball and leaving?

Supposedly he has 28 million shares before this so he'll still have ~20 million shares.

Edit: wait, is Trump going to sell him Mar a Largo so it doesn't get seized by New York in the fraud trial?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He got a pretty gnarly bonk to the noggin against the Viking Boyz didn't he?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Kvantum posted:

Supposedly he has 28 million shares before this so he'll still have ~20 million shares.

Edit: wait, is Trump going to sell him Mar a Largo so it doesn't get seized by New York in the fraud trial?

Can NY seize property in Florida?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Can NY seize property in Florida?

Don't think they can seize it, but they can force it to be auctioned off to pay his fines and penalties from the 250 million dollar fraud civil case.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tony Khan has injected the WWF with a lethal dose of Pillman

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
nxt is gonna bring in brock anderson to feud with lexis king and its gonna transform the cw into the top network on television

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

shiksa posted:

nxt is gonna bring in brock anderson to feud with lexis king and its gonna transform the cw into the top network on television

Lexis King vs Dinty Moore, now there's a shucky ducky quack quack moment!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
You might even call him CW Anderson.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Cena single handedly resolved the strike because he didn’t wanna show off his bald spot in a wrestling ring anymore

didnt turn out well for him, WB instantly canned his live action Looney Tunes movie that was testing well for a tax write off

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hedgehog Pie posted:

You might even call him CW Anderson.

Whatever happened to that guy.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

didnt turn out well for him, WB instantly canned his live action Looney Tunes movie that was testing well for a tax write off

Sad rapadoo noises.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Haven’t checked this thread in a while but the thread title makes me think ricochet got concussed.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

drat he did.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

Whatever happened to that guy.

https://twitter.com/ECWAnderson/status/1720627491444855125?s=20

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lmao so I thought this whole time that cw anderson was just a guy who looked kind of like arn and got that name as a rib in ecw, but no he's "officially" an anderson and is as blood related to the rest of em as arn and brock are (not at all)

wrestling rules

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

shiksa posted:

lmao so I thought this whole time that cw anderson was just a guy who looked kind of like arn and got that name as a rib in ecw, but no he's "officially" an anderson and is as blood related to the rest of em as arn and brock are (not at all)

wrestling rules

I just looked this up because I was also interested in any history between CW and the other Andersons, and I guess he got permission from another member of the Anderson family ("family") to use the name as far back as 1994.

He apparently opened his own school in 1996 (after 3 years in the business??) and trained Chilly Willy and Lodi.

Also:

wikipedia posted:

Anderson later met Ole Anderson but claimed that he was disillusioned by the experience.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

shiksa posted:

wrestling rules

So yeah, he was wrestling under another name in the Carolina indies where Pat Anderson (also not related) thought he looked like one of the Andersons. So he went to the booker who was like "sure, fine, whatever, who cares, it's early 1990s indie wrestling". But Pat Anderson went to the guy who ran Gene Anderson's school, Rocky Anderson (also not related), to ask for permission, because he'd gotten permission from Rocky to do the gimmick himself after training with Ivan Koloff.

And I was beaten to this I got into a rabbit hole because his Wiki page mentioned he was drafted by an MLB team, & I realise that I've probably been drafted by an MLB team despite having never held a baseball bat because they have so many rounds, but I tried to find out what round he went in & have so far failed. It also says he played baseball in college but then doesn't mention where he went to college. I'm starting to believe someone has made something up on a Wikipedia page guys.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 10, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

So yeah, he was wrestling under another name in the Carolina indies where Pat Anderson (also not related) thought he looked like one of the Andersons. So he went to the booker who was like "sure, fine, whatever, who cares, it's early 1990s indie wrestling". But Pat Anderson went to the guy who ran Gene Anderson's school, Rocky Anderson (also not related), to ask for permission, because he'd gotten permission from Rocky to do the gimmick himself after training with Ivan Koloff.

And I was beaten to this I got into a rabbit hole because his Wiki page mentioned he was drafted by an MLB team, & I realise that I've probably been drafted by an MLB team despite having never held a baseball bat because they have so many rounds, but I tried to find out what round he went in & have so far failed. It also says he played baseball in college but then doesn't mention where he went to college. I'm starting to believe someone has made something up on a Wikipedia page guys.

Padres https://www.militarynews.com/norfol...9b9c4d3a5c.html Haven't seen anything about specific college anywhere though, just that it's what he chose over working with the Padres

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

it is weird how many people are drafted by the MLB. Tom Brady was too iirc.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lmfao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chris James 2 posted:

Padres https://www.militarynews.com/norfol...9b9c4d3a5c.html Haven't seen anything about specific college anywhere though, just that it's what he chose over working with the Padres

Unfortunately they hate GDPR so I cannot view this but I'll take your word for it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kvlt! posted:

There were 614 picks in this year's MLB draft. A weird quirk of my job is that once a year I wind up having to research a couple of college baseball players, and every year I find that any player with a modicum of talent was drafted by an MLB team as an underclassman, played four year of NCAA ball in addition to whatever AAA-squad they got assigned to, and they've usually got at least one or two stints in a non-MLB affiliate summer league in there as well. Playing a 40-game season for an 8-team league entirely confined to Upper Peninsula Michigan or something.

If you're trying to make a go of it playing pro baseball, they are going to make you play a LOT of baseball before you likely see the actual big leagues.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Think Steph will come back once they force Vince out?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Davros1 posted:

I don't think she comes back until the lawsuit with MLW is resolved.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Unfortunately they hate GDPR so I cannot view this but I'll take your word for it.

Oops. Here's a quote

quote:

JM: You were into baseball growing up, as well. You were offered a contract for the San Diego Padres, correct?

CW: That was my first love ... 1989, way before the Latin explosion hit. I was coming right out of high school, an 18-year-old kid being signed to play Major League Baseball – what else do you want? I talked to my mom and she kind of talked me out of it. She was a big influence on me. I decided to go on to college instead.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Davros1 posted:

might have to force HHH out too

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The stock dropped from $85 yesterday to 78 this morning. I assume because Vince sold so much stock?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

JethroMcB posted:

There were 614 picks in this year's MLB draft. A weird quirk of my job is that once a year I wind up having to research a couple of college baseball players, and every year I find that any player with a modicum of talent was drafted by an MLB team as an underclassman, played four year of NCAA ball in addition to whatever AAA-squad they got assigned to, and they've usually got at least one or two stints in a non-MLB affiliate summer league in there as well. Playing a 40-game season for an 8-team league entirely confined to Upper Peninsula Michigan or something.

If you're trying to make a go of it playing pro baseball, they are going to make you play a LOT of baseball before you likely see the actual big leagues.

There used to be up to 40 rounds in the MLB draft up to 2019, where the league and players association agreed to shorten it. The 2019 draft had 1217 picks.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kvlt! posted:

a college pal of mine was drafted to the athletics

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

graph posted:

a college pal of mine was drafted to the athletics

same but it was 'Nam

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I like when wwe does their draft and the picks are decided by a bunch of random images flashing on a screen. Is that how the baseball fed does it?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Sandman McMahon posted:

I like when wwe does their draft and the picks are decided by a bunch of random images flashing on a screen. Is that how the baseball fed does it?

No but that is how basketball decides who goes first

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shard posted:

The stock dropped from $85 yesterday to 78 this morning. I assume because Vince sold so much stock?

they put pillman jr on tv

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Orange Carlisle posted:

they put pillman jr on tv

I heard it was because Punks going back to AEW

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/fightful/status/1722987754802544930?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"no script - I just really am this bad at my job"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t believe for a second WWE would let some shmuck in NXT improvise his promos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t believe for a second WWE would let some shmuck in NXT improvise his promos.

I do so that Trips in six months will pull out a beepee compilation to show talent why they must script the promos.