Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I don't quite know when this was added because I've only just started playing again after a long break, but the change they made where just like playing the game can get you enough stuff to get your daily points and primogens is a very good change because I am sick to death of engaging with the daily quests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
c6 Jean.

c5 Diluc.

Still do not have a Qiqi.

This is beyond comical at this point.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Real Cool Catfish posted:

So who are good healers to pair with Furina to take advantage of her healing overcap mechanic?
Jean
Qiqi
Baizhu
Charlotte
Kokomi
Yaoyao
Mika
Kuki

are the main viable options. Proto Amber Nahida can work because of her burst uptime but its not ideal. (and is a situation where you actually do want R5 Prototype Amber)

Noelle also works, but takes too much field time to splash her in as the healer for someone else, she works in the sense that in a team where she's DPS and Furina is supporting her you don't need another healer.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Meowywitch posted:

I don't quite know when this was added because I've only just started playing again after a long break, but the change they made where just like playing the game can get you enough stuff to get your daily points and primogens is a very good change because I am sick to death of engaging with the daily quests
GET YOUR OWN GODDAMNED PLANKS MAGAR

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Uhh....Geez. Navia 4.2 really needs a goddamn hug, but there are no animations for hugging...rip

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i am happy with this patch overall

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Navia is a character who kept crying but for very good reasons. Guess they really wanted to use their new 4.0 tears animations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I lost the 50/50 to Diluc............................................................................................that hurts.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

I lost the 50/50 to Diluc............................................................................................that hurts.
Same. At 80 pulls.

Then Furina finally. At 83. :shepicide:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Meowywitch posted:

not the enemies.

Got Furina on a 10 pull right after I got that Qiqi (now at C5), so I'm content. Though it looks like she has no comments on the other archons, which is bullshit. Tell us how much Venti sucks.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Got Baizhu at 80 and it's nice having a healer properly build up after I just stopped caring about the others I have on hand because Zhongli. Also he's great in both Cyno & Nilou teams so I'm very happy. Time will tell if I regret passing on Furina I guess but I've also been missing Nahida this entire time and have been faring perfectly well.

Anyways Baizhu is yet another on the long list of "why did they give such baller NA animations to characters that will barely use them".

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I have never gotten an early 5*. What is the rate?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Archon quest was good this patch. Best part tho was EN neuvillette's line delivery about being an excellent swimmer. Biggest lol for me since vacation mode Cyno in Mondstadt.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

Taking into account soft pity, your chances of getting a 5* before it kicks in at 75 are around 35%.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

No Wave posted:

Archon quest was good this patch. Best part tho was EN neuvillette's line delivery about being an excellent swimmer. Biggest lol for me since vacation mode Cyno in Mondstadt.

I've been really impressed with all of the fontain AQs (fortress aside, tho at least you could leave during the quest). End of 4.2 spoiler: Furina's situation was as much of a gut punch as Nahida's.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i liked that furina just leaves to be by herself at the end instead of getting a giant scene where everyone stands around taking turns to say they love her. like the only mention you get of her is neuvilette saying she needs time to process everything.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

0.5% before and including 75 pulls then goes up cumulatively after that point with every pull, eventually hitting 100% at 90 pulls, but the odds of it taking that long are even less than the odds of pulling a 5 star before 75 pulls since it gets up over 50% chance rather quickly after that point.

Not sure how versed in statistic you are, but here's a breakdown some Chinese players did after a scientific study that tracks the percentile of the average pull number players were on when they got a 5*, and it tracks in my experience. Make particular note of the range between and including 76-84.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

i liked that furina just leaves to be by herself at the end instead of getting a giant scene where everyone stands around taking turns to say they love her. like the only mention you get of her is neuvilette saying she needs time to process everything.

Super serious story spoilers Yeah, I'm someone who disliked Furina before the quest, but given the way it's handled and especially what you pointed out, that made me like her overall. I have some qualms but they are more deep lore or follow up stuff. Like given what Focalors did is more of a blow against Celestia than what Khaenri'ah did, and Khaenri'ah was nuked off the face of Teyvat, I worry that they won't show an adequate response from Celestia and completely undercut the main villain.

Kale
May 14, 2010

For the record that chart and my experiences in pulls aligning with it are why, while I'm grateful that Genshin and HSR have a pity rate at all since it wasn't exactly super common before it came out (I'm pretty sure it shamed FGO into actually introducing a pity system that makes Genshin's look amazing in comparison), it's still hardly ideal. Really it's greatest legacy is the game being so high profile and explosively popular at launch as to give other companies virtually no cover from here on out for not having a pity system of some kind, especially if it's gonna have lovely sub 1% or even sub 5% before you hit a certain number of pulls in a row without a 5*.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Eimi posted:

Super serious story spoilers Yeah, I'm someone who disliked Furina before the quest, but given the way it's handled and especially what you pointed out, that made me like her overall. I have some qualms but they are more deep lore or follow up stuff. Like given what Focalors did is more of a blow against Celestia than what Khaenri'ah did, and Khaenri'ah was nuked off the face of Teyvat, I worry that they won't show an adequate response from Celestia and completely undercut the main villain.

That was my thought as well. Like yeah the gnosis wasn't destroyed but wouldn't losing the authority be an even bigger deal? How does this not warrant a nail or some other response?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got a c3 Beidou, which is good because she's my go-to fartaround electro and miner.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kale posted:

For the record that chart and my experiences in pulls aligning with it are why, while I'm grateful that Genshin and HSR have a pity rate at all since it wasn't exactly super common before it came out (I'm pretty sure it shamed FGO into actually introducing a pity system that makes Genshin's look amazing in comparison), it's still hardly ideal. Really it's greatest legacy is the game being so high profile and explosively popular at launch as to give other companies virtually no cover from here on out for not having a pity system of some kind, especially if it's gonna have lovely sub 1% or even sub 5% before you hit a certain number of pulls in a row without a 5*.

This poo poo is why if there's a 5* I really want, I make drat sure I can guarantee them:

pain

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Kale posted:

With how profitable it is other companies will and are following that pity system, which sucks. Except for die hard defenders I don’t think players like 50/50s either.

During the Wuthering Waves beta we saw that Kuro tried to slip in a 50/50 system into their gacha (despite PGR, their current game, having a very fair and well regarded gacha) and there was enough blowback that they are reconsidering it (along with many other things for that game). However I doubt many other companies will be as magnanimous, since the 50/50 system really encourages spending.

There’s nothing like feeling you earned (with time, money or both) a limited character only to be hosed in the rear end and then that feeling drives impulse spending and/or increased engagement. It’s just too effective to *not* use if a company isn’t concerned about player experience. I mean why does HSR use this system instead of the arguably better gacha system from HI3? The big issue though when it er companies copy it is they will probably leave out soft pity entirely.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Meowywitch posted:

I wanna say in about 2 1/2 years of playing, i've gotten an early 5 about 5 times, 4 on the character banner and 1 on the normal banner. What i've never had happen is 2 5s in one pull.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Also meeting our friend at the beginning of 4.2. Those old 1.0 pals really hit different.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I decided to seriously try out my Nilou: she's a boatload of fun!

Nilou/Nahida/Xingqui/Koko is what I'm using currently

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
If it weren't for the pity system I would have only 3 5* characters. I definitely would have quit this game.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Sanctum posted:

If it weren't for the pity system I would have only 3 5* characters. I definitely would have quit this game.

It's the only reason I picked up to begin with in late 1.4 let alone stuck with.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Genshin got me fuckin cryin

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

:same: but i'm also a huge sentimental baby so

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Still getting Reconnecting to server... at frequent intervals, and it's not my wifi.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

rio posted:

With how profitable it is other companies will and are following that pity system, which sucks. Except for die hard defenders I don’t think players like 50/50s either.

During the Wuthering Waves beta we saw that Kuro tried to slip in a 50/50 system into their gacha (despite PGR, their current game, having a very fair and well regarded gacha) and there was enough blowback that they are reconsidering it (along with many other things for that game). However I doubt many other companies will be as magnanimous, since the 50/50 system really encourages spending.

There’s nothing like feeling you earned (with time, money or both) a limited character only to be hosed in the rear end and then that feeling drives impulse spending and/or increased engagement. It’s just too effective to *not* use if a company isn’t concerned about player experience. I mean why does HSR use this system instead of the arguably better gacha system from HI3? The big issue though when it er companies copy it is they will probably leave out soft pity entirely.
I mean, if Genshin didn't have the 50/50, it's not like they would have made limited 5-stars cheaper. They would have just made the pity timer longer and never given you any standard 5-stars off event banners at all.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Eimi posted:

I feel like this supports the theory that something is rotten in Celestia. The traveler has been out here making waves with no interference from the Heavenly Principles. Maybe the twin is actually winning the war.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Space Opera posted:

That was my thought as well. Like yeah the gnosis wasn't destroyed but wouldn't losing the authority be an even bigger deal? How does this not warrant a nail or some other response?

Much as I would almost prefer your interpretation because it's cooler and casts Celestia in worse light, I'm pretty sure the Divine Nails aren't weapons, or even punishments. They weren't dropped on disobedient civilizations, they were installed after the war between the First and Second Descenders -- which completely hosed up the entire world with collateral damage -- to keep the Abyss from leaking. They're last-ditch efforts at making amends and keeping the status quo going, not rods from god. Well, except in the most literal sense. :v:

Similarly, the reason we haven't had some other response to all the rebellion and disobedience that Fontaine and, frankly, probably the Tsaritsa even moreso have been up to I think whoever's still in charge in Celestia is the broken ruin of the being they were before and they're barely hanging on to power.

This latest quest revealed that Gnoses and the Archons' thrones weren't there all along, they were a late addition to the system -- probably a necessary one given none of the Archons we've met so far seem to actually like Celestia that much or obey it except when absolutely cornered.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 10, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

pLEASE STOP GIVING ME BEIDou

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

pLEASE STOP GIVING ME BEIDou

give me the beidous instead

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Anyways Baizhu is yet another on the long list of "why did they give such baller NA animations to characters that will barely use them".
On the bright side, depending on the rest of your team his normals could be your best choice against, like, electro and hydro slimes or something.

(Better for them than Sucrose at least)

Kale
May 14, 2010

I just realized I have absolutely no idea what the flagship event in 4.2 is cause I never actually watched that part of the livestream. :lol:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

anyways if my speculation is right then the ultimate antagonist of Genshin is almost certainly something Abyss-related rather than Celestia, so I genuinely hope i'm wrong or at least not seeing the full picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Captain France posted:

On the bright side, depending on the rest of your team his normals could be your best choice against, like, electro and hydro slimes or something.

(Better for them than Sucrose at least)

True. Also he could in theory be a driver for like Nilou Bloom? But then I'd want to give him completely different artifacts and his support wouldn't be as good so eh.