Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

He's invulnerable, super- strong, and he has a manager telling him what to do like he's a mindless automaton in front of the audience. Now that's a good gimmick.

Way to poo poo all over your wife's accomplishments, rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Use this power responsibly.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Saoshyant posted:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

lol

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Saoshyant posted:

I'll just tuck away for later.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Good thing you introduced yourself, Logan, the colorist seemed to think you were Beast yesterday.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
that's the most canadian wolverine i've seen, wow

I really like these background characters in the first panel. In particular the two guys pointing towards the ring but in very different ways, super dynamic stuff

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

"Now, let me tell you my origin story..."

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Murdstone posted:

Nobody listens to Zathras... :(

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

MorningMoon posted:

that's the most canadian wolverine i've seen, wow

I really like these background characters in the first panel. In particular the two guys pointing towards the ring but in very different ways, super dynamic stuff

"He's talking to his manager like-" no he isn't, he hasn't said a single word the entire time except for when he woke up!

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
It's still largely ambiguous, but it's entirely possible the writer forgot he isn't actually a human robot and just a shithead ex-cop pretending to be one for a gimmick.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Murdstone posted:

Uh, do Canadian mounties work in cities in uniforms that are the same style of their dress uniform, but are in blue?

Also, you guys better be careful - a man who voluntarily goes around with that type of shirt is a man who is afraid of NOTHING.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's a pretty good strongman spot for sure

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love how there's no particular reason why she had this guy become a pro wrestler.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i love how there's no particular reason why she had this guy become a pro wrestler.

Since wrestling is real, she's proving he's the strongest person in the world, thus leading to becoming very rich out of exploring him in the future. Somehow.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Take it easy on the mascara, Logan.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Weekday artist takes the comic hairstyle more authentically, and knows how many claws Wolverine has. Taking hair color cues from Hugh Jackman, I guess.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

His weekday face makes me very uncomfortable. Also!! Why the gently caress would a government agent be wanting Spidey to fly over to canada to beat up a mutant??? one that this very second is being arrested????? What would that lady say if Peter comes back and holds up a newspaper that says Wolverine was arrested and is in custody in Montreal? Really thinking that she's the actual villain, but most importantly she did totally go ask other superheroes and they all told her no like "well, where is Wolverine? you don't know? you want me to go look somewhere in Canada?????"

Peter is referring to how easily Destructro destroyed perspective in the last panel

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

From in the distance: "A fence won't stop...A WOLVERINE"

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Foot long unbreakable retractable claws that can cut through almost anything are absolutely useless in jail, yes.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"These claws won't do him any good in jail"

There are several reasons why that's not true.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I like how NSM Wolverine constantly feels the need to remind everyone around him that he is...A WOLVERINE! Honestly, NSM Spidey should take a page out of his book, maybe he'd remember his own superpowers more often that way.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I just realized these Wolverine scenes are supposed to be taking place at night, but someone forgot to tell the weekday colorist.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Saoshyant posted:

I absolutely will not.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I... what!?! :pwn:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Not even the person responsible for that word salad knows wtf they were trying to say

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Maybe everyone just assumes half the roster is superheroes and villains? Peter tells Hardwood that Destructo is too dangerous and Hardwood just goes "it's fine, it's fine, i'm pretty sure our Intercontinental Champion is Iron Fist. It's all good."

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

My brain is seeing Destructo as Unus the Untouchable and the wrestler he picked up as the Blob, and they're having a friend's spat

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

x-post Outta my way, I gotta Jerk it! (Nsfw?)

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 10, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I had somehow missed this in the wild up until this point, I was very, very confused!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol: I hadn't checked out that thread yet.

Wow a kiss on the cheek.

:lol: he's so credulous

maltesh
May 20, 2004

"Maybe I should hunt mutants more often!"

Yeah, because that worked out so well the last time with Magneto. As I recall, he stole your DNA, tried to crush you with a car multiple times, and you let him go.

I guess because he'll be hunting them with in Canada, he assumes they'll be nicer?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I had somehow missed this in the wild up until this point, I was very, very confused!

That's the natural reaction to that phrase, don't worry :v: I would've used something a little less obscure but I still don't have photoshop on this new harddrive yet.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Wow a kiss on the cheek.

"After all, they are abominations of nature and belong in a prison camp..."

Peter!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

No see it's okay, he's a mutate, someone who had their DNA scrambled, not a mutant who was born that way. That means he's better than those filthy creatures! :pseudo:

God drat it, Peter:eng99:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Murdstone posted:

:lol: I hadn't checked out that thread yet.

Tom Holland 40 minutes into Spider-man 4 after Feige gives up and just makes all the FOX X-men jump into a portal to the MCU.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

maltesh posted:

"Maybe I should hunt mutants more often!"

Yeah, because that worked out so well the last time with Magneto. As I recall, he stole your DNA, tried to crush you with a car multiple times, and you let him go.

I guess because he'll be hunting them with in Canada, he assumes they'll be nicer?
It's just a lot of fun to hunt...A WOLVERINE

Guess they weren't planing on rerunning this one.

:females:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spider-Man: That's right, that doesn't bother me at all.
they sit in awkward silence for the rest of the flight.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Spider-Man: That's right, that doesn't bother me at all.
they sit in awkward silence for the rest of the flight.

There's a real chance they don't land until June, even.

He'll do anything for [unspecified amount of money] :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hello, I’m Peter Parker, and this is Jackass.