Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
And it would be timely, given the boat journey!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Is the banner for getting max level in Season 3 time-limited?

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
I imagine it will, especially if we get Chapter 5 content broken out over a few weeks like we did with Chapter 4.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

If S3 overall ends up massively nerfing ID acquisition (I expect more than just "BP takes longer") because S2 had more or less trivialized it (and it looks like Walpurgisnacht indicates they are moving in this direction) I wish Project Moon a very happy learning about the definition and effects of price anchoring.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've only spent money on the 2 battle passes so far and have every ID and Ego except W and Regret Meursault from just doing 2 skips (one XP one thread) a day and a mirror dungeon a week so I can't really say I'm too peeved about them slowing down the acquisition of shards a bit, but at the same time I'm wary about them sliding into being worse and worse with the temptation of whale bucks.

If they were smart, imo they'd try to stabalize their content production rate and add a different kind of advancement (like battle symbols that give various small benefits or whatever and soak a lot of shards to upgrade) instead of continuously making the current systems worse. Similar end result but the perception and "feel" is way worse.

PM being PM I expect them to take notes from that one gacha that put players into currency debt when they decided to retroactively grant less currency to players. :v:

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021
The acquisition of shards will be the same. The BP taking longer to complete will only matter in that you don't immediately unlock the new E.G.Os the second that maintenance is over. Interspersed in the 60 additional levels we get will be the shards that we would've gotten under the current system had we not had 60 additional levels.

I distinctly remember similar conversations before season 2, that it was to easy to shard new identities, and that surely aquisition would be nerfed. Instead we ended up getting way more shards faster and easier thanks to MD2H. And I won't take the Walpurgisnacht as a counterpoint, since the prevalence of boxes disincentives the usage of lunacy to such a degree that, after the initial surprise, most players will have saved up enough lunacy to get everything in future such events with minimal risk of failure.

The banner deal is literally meaningless. It exists solely for the freaks who actually buy BP levels, in order to give them a "10 levels for the price of 9, and we'll throw in this cool banner at the same time." Kind of deal. It's completely inconsequential.

Shastahanshah posted:

PM being PM I expect them to take notes from that one gacha that put players into currency debt when they decided to retroactively grant less currency to players. :v:

Funnily enough, they already did that. When retracting rewards from players who cheated in RR2, they placed some players in lunacy debt, among other kinds. Funniest was the Guaranteed Season 2 000 Ticket, which some players will now eternally have -1 of.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Putting aside the rupture stuff since we already know it's not going to apply enough to really do much with it, seems alright. It'll mostly depend on Numbers.

Either way i'm not particularly interested. W Corp at least has one other rupture-focused ID(even if it's notoriously bad) and Yi Sang has a rupture-focused EGO, but i'd still rather he be Bind-focused or something.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 7, 2023

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

ShoutokuTaisho posted:

The acquisition of shards will be the same.

There is absolutely no way to know this until they reveal how MD3 will work regarding effort, cost and rewards. MD2H will be deprecated and I just don't see how MD3 will be equivalent in terms of rewards unless they really don't care and Walpurgisnacht's "can't shard until X time has passed" becomes the norm instead, leaning on time-delay FOMO. Or if amazingly it's all more or less the same as in Season 2 shard and MD wise and the only change is a slight delay to BP completion.

So, I will be very surprised if the BP is the only thing that changes and MD3 will be the same as MD2 regarding what you put in vs what you get out.

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 7, 2023

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Walpurgisnacht inspired me to actually do the Railway 2 because I had bad luck rolling the Faust ID on it. Ended up 114 rolls deep before I finally got her. I'd already got the Meursault EGO on the 20th roll...

I hope they don't revisit the loop gimmick any time soon, geez. 147 turns was my final result.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
So you know how Philip has two different books? One with the incomplete EGO and the one with the full distortion? And how the full distortion died? And how Angela released all books from the Library? What happened to the incomplete EGO page? Did go back safely? Is it still alive?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Spiciest thought:

MD3 rewards will be an upgrade if optimized,

But season 4 will bring uptie 5

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

been wondering if one of the future upties will unlock attribution for an I.D.
nothing fancy, just let a sinner borrow another of their I.D.'s active/support passives on top of their current I.D.'s, dependent on them being active/supporting.
could also exist outside the uptie system altogether, haven't given it too much thought :goleft:

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

L.U.I.G.I posted:

So you know how Philip has two different books? One with the incomplete EGO and the one with the full distortion? And how the full distortion died? And how Angela released all books from the Library? What happened to the incomplete EGO page? Did go back safely? Is it still alive?

Honestly I always figured that once the Full Distortion got absorbed by the Library, it joined up for one complete book of Philip - which then got destroyed when he got killed. It's just gameplay reasons why they keep them separate.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

TeeQueue posted:

Spiciest thought:

MD3 rewards will be an upgrade if optimized,

But season 4 will bring uptie 5

PM giveth, PM taketh away

e.: My only wish is that Uptie 5 be a generally equivalent (to the best of PM's abilities) bump in power across EGOs/IDs; I hate how Uptie 4 was used for balancing purposes, leading to some IDs needing their 4 to really shine and other 4s being an absolute waste of resources. Like, I get that there will always be winners and losers, but the disparity of Uptie 4's value and its obvious use in lieu of just, you know, doing balancing, seems shite to me.

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 7, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Verant posted:

Honestly I always figured that once the Full Distortion got absorbed by the Library, it joined up for one complete book of Philip - which then got destroyed when he got killed. It's just gameplay reasons why they keep them separate.

Problem with that is that PM loves their story/gameplay implementation so if the book were seperate, Philip might be roaming the street of the City

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marluxia posted:

Walpurgisnacht inspired me to actually do the Railway 2 because I had bad luck rolling the Faust ID on it. Ended up 114 rolls deep before I finally got her. I'd already got the Meursault EGO on the 20th roll...

I hope they don't revisit the loop gimmick any time soon, geez. 147 turns was my final result.

Hey at least you got them all, I'm at 110 and no EGO for me.

I do have the lunacy to burn to 200 but i'm not that desperate for a Meursault EGO

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 8, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

anyway since it seems like we're not getting farmwatch i think ill burn both of my s2 000 tickets, if it's heathcliff im going to piss my own rear end

round 1: spicebush yi sang, gently caress you too video game

round 2: MY rear end IT'S EVERYWHERE

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yinlock posted:

anyway since it seems like we're not getting farmwatch i think ill burn both of my s2 000 tickets, if it's heathcliff im going to piss my own rear end

round 1: spicebush yi sang, gently caress you too video game

round 2: MY rear end IT'S EVERYWHERE

Hey, that's extra Yi Sang egoshard for the upcoming W Yi Sang!

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Fix your centipede, PM.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Number on W Yi Sang are out, rupture effects are straight-up bad as expected and don't make up for the lower coin count at all. He can inflict a total of 5 count by spending 15 charge and 2 of that is caught up in Dimensional Rift. e: also s2 inflicts 2 count on the final hit, oh boy. He's dependant on Dimension Shredder so buyer beware if you don't have that and want to use his effects.

Decent clashing though.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 9, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Having watched the new Yi Sang Uptie 3 scene, and having read the few new lines we've gotten from him in Dante's notes and the Walpurgisnacht cutscenes, I just have to ask: has he gotten significantly more obtuse since the translation team changes, or is that just me :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

Having watched the new Yi Sang Uptie 3 scene, and having read the few new lines we've gotten from him in Dante's notes and the Walpurgisnacht cutscenes, I just have to ask: has he gotten significantly more obtuse since the translation team changes, or is that just me :v:

He's always been like that imo

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I think they're trying to give him more personality, since his main tic doesn't translate into English.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah Yi Sang's didn't really speak up very often, so it's hard to get a good judge on how wordy he is, but it seems to be "extremely". Also this was one of the few upties with the sinners perspective, so it was on full blast.

Wsang is a good ID, middle of the pack of 000 W ID's since he doesn't reach the extreme highs of WRyo and WDon, but benefits from the crucial fact that he is not Mersault. Yi struggles to keep up charge and rupture on his own, and needs setup EGO's to keep them going in any real way, but once he has the setup he's very good with big clashing and big damage. So for charge he needs something like his own dimension shredder or Telepole Don to really get going, but the whole charge based team benefits from having those so it's not a big loss.

His biggest advantage is that his clash numbers are good and so he can clash good in a short, chargeless fight, and can just whip out his skill 3 whenever for a good clash without worrying about self-damage, which is a nice benefit considering how many charge ID's gently caress with the winrate button windmill slam. He's got a good place on charge teams, and adds another finicky tightrope ID to rupture teams, which is honestly the best they can do atm.

Also his animations are cool, and the 3rd skill 3d effect is very funny for the number of times it's hosed up and hid him entirely behind the enemy 10/10

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Alternatively, Rosespinner Gregor with AEDD help with both charge and rupture.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Onehandclapping posted:

benefits from the crucial fact that he is not Mersault.

I Regret to inform you that Warp Meur is a beast now.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Regret didn't really solve anything for saltys kit, because if he's using an ego to make himself clash better, he's not using his ego that makes the entire team clash better, which also incidentally makes him clash worse.

Chains of others is so good it kind of doesn't matter how much the attached kits suck, but they still suck.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Uptie 4 Warp-Sault's numbers have been fixed once he's got enough charge. Energy Cycle's now a max of 14 and Energy Current's now a 17-and when you add in Regret, those become 16 and 20.

Plus he has utility in boosting WARP Don and Ryoshu's damage even further via Slash Fragility and Defense Level Down, he's got good speed that lets him intercept dangerous attacks and use them to get Charge through his passive, he can activate Don and Reindeer Ishmael's passives because of his Gloom S2...

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Onehandclapping posted:

Regret didn't really solve anything for saltys kit, because if he's using an ego to make himself clash better, he's not using his ego that makes the entire team clash better, which also incidentally makes him clash worse.

For regular fights, maybe. But for bosses, having the power boost for the rest of the fight is very helpful.

I also note that Regret removes negative effects on Meur such as the ones Chains of Others applies, so it works well on Meur’s off turn as a 1-2 punch.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

Uptie 4 Warp-Sault's numbers have been fixed once he's got enough charge. Energy Cycle's now a max of 14 and Energy Current's now a 17-and when you add in Regret, those become 16 and 20.

Plus he has utility in boosting WARP Don and Ryoshu's damage even further via Slash Fragility and Defense Level Down, he's got good speed that lets him intercept dangerous attacks and use them to get Charge through his passive, he can activate Don and Reindeer Ishmael's passives because of his Gloom S2...

Yeah I said before and I'm sure it'll be said again. Meursault is never the best Identity in a theme for damage. But he absolutely is always one of the best support units in a given theme.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Chapter 5 trailer up. Don't recognize Ryoshu's ego, here. Looks familiar though? hm.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Effie and Saude announcers. I repeat, :siren:Effie and Saude announcers!:siren:

Countzer
May 27, 2022
I am excited for Pirate Gregor.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

Arcanuse posted:

Chapter 5 trailer up. Don't recognize Ryoshu's ego, here. Looks familiar though? hm.

Isn't that an LCCB uniform? It comes up in the same section as the flashes of Gregor's new pirate fit before the EGO.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yeah, Ryoshu has an identity shown off, and is getting the same EGO as Ishmael as well.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Arcanuse posted:

It has the same color scheme and commander theming as the big Ishmael ego, so I assume it's just a variant of that.

EDIT: And it's called Blind Obsession for a second, it's totally the same ego.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Lurks With Wolves posted:

It has the same color scheme and commander theming as the big Ishmael ego, so I assume it's just a variant of that.

Also it shows the "Blind Obsession" Name in front of both. Which given the story Ryoshu is from, is pretty accurate to her plausible character/history.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I have like 2000 boxes and most of the stuff i'm missing i don't really want

might buy Bong Heathcliff but besides that

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

drat, I love the design for Rodion's EGO. That bonnet :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
it looks like Hong Lu and Rodion's, (Effervescent Corruption) is based on the event "Walking Pearl" and Faust and Sinclair's (9:2) is based on the event "Skin Prophet".