Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Strong Sauce posted:

Reminder that Elon Musk was a "donator" to initially fund OpenAI when it was first created, then he left the board in 2018 because they wouldn't let him take over as CEO of OpenAI. His reasoning was that he felt like they were lagging behind Google in AI research and that only he, Elon Musk, could pull them ahead.

Altman balked at the idea so Elon got mad and basically resigned from the board and backed out of a large donation he was planning. He cited Tesla "working" on AI as the reason he left (anyone see any "Tesla AI" in the past 5 years?).

This also made no sense since he said that even though he was resigning due to a conflict of interest, he would still donate money. But don't worry Elon didn't actually ever donate to OpenAI again so his lie about one thing didn't contract the other lie he made up.

So of course OpenAI was going to run out of money so they ended up deciding to remove their non-profit status and start trying to commercialize their products. This eventually led to ChatGPT3 and DALL-E and their other AI stuff.

Of course, once that started getting big, Elon "warned" of the risk of AI... THIS YEAR (April 2023)..

Weird now that he rush built his Twitter AI all of a sudden AI is good.

He would later admit he "knew" the open letter on the dangers of accelerating ai he signed was a lost cause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

IShallRiseAgain posted:

lmao at thinking everything is AI these days. Pretty sure its just a image hash, so any very minor edit will work.

Elon is also very experienced in minor fiddling

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

He would later admit he "knew" the open letter on the dangers of accelerating ai he signed was a lost cause
Naturally no one called him out on this, or if they did it got deboosted. Musk's so-called principals about the dangers of AI were all a smokescreen because he wanted a pause so he could work on his own thing. He probably instructed his beleaguered dev teams to work on it the same day as sending the open letter.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Slap a red wig on her and you've got real-world Lois Griffin

Pookah fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Nov 10, 2023

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Durzel posted:

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1722893370010313117?s=20
The meme master, ladies and gentleman. Not mad at all.

It tickles me that his retorts are so feeble. It reminds me of when he tried to dunk on Hard Drive and instead teed them up for a atomic dunk on him.

Lol, he always just, its like he doesnt understand specifically what they are busting on him for. He is always displaying a really lacking situational comprehension.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Elon wants to use a GPT model to write jokes for him because he doesn't have a creative or humorous bone in his body lol

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

MrQwerty posted:

Elon wants to use a GPT model to write jokes for him because he doesn't have a creative or humorous bone in his body lol

I was coming to post exactly this. He's taken his inability to post so badly he's invested in his own personal retort machine. But all these ai's are based on being repliers to start with, hence why he feels an innate connection, or to coin a hip phrase from over 60 years ago, he 'groks' it.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

This was something I knew would happen. Someone could have some fun making a program that recreates an image to fool AI detectors like this. I know this already exists when I'm watching UFC matches on YouTube minutes after they're broadcast. They use specific audio and visual filters to trick the algorithm.

The fact that Elon removes this images is proof enough of how much it bothers him

I just found a new hobby!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
(twitter doesn't actually censor the image, the original tweet is just baiting people into posting it everywhere to "test" this alleged censorship)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

(twitter doesn't actually censor the image, the original tweet is just baiting people into posting it everywhere to "test" this alleged censorship)

people should just post that picture all the time anyway because it makes Elon Yosemite Sam-mad

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

I thought the whole point of the Maxwell/Epstein clients were that they gave up interest when things got mature

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Strong Sauce posted:

Reminder that Elon Musk was a "donator" to initially fund OpenAI when it was first created, then he left the board in 2018 because they wouldn't let him take over as CEO of OpenAI. His reasoning was that he felt like they were lagging behind Google in AI research and that only he, Elon Musk, could pull them ahead.

Altman balked at the idea so Elon got mad and basically resigned from the board and backed out of a large donation he was planning. He cited Tesla "working" on AI as the reason he left (anyone see any "Tesla AI" in the past 5 years?).

This also made no sense since he said that even though he was resigning due to a conflict of interest, he would still donate money. But don't worry Elon didn't actually ever donate to OpenAI again so his lie about one thing didn't contract the other lie he made up.

So of course OpenAI was going to run out of money so they ended up deciding to remove their non-profit status and start trying to commercialize their products. This eventually led to ChatGPT3 and DALL-E and their other AI stuff.

Of course, once that started getting big, Elon "warned" of the risk of AI... THIS YEAR (April 2023)..

Weird now that he rush built his Twitter AI all of a sudden AI is good.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

that seems libelous, coming from him

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Elon Musk Biopic in the Works at A24 With Darren Aronofsky Set to Direct

Alright goons, time to be funny. Best choice to portray the most bitch-made, ketamine-addled human the world has ever seen?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

jfc it keeps getting worse

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Profanity posted:

Alright goons, time to be funny. Best choice to portray the most bitch-made, ketamine-addled human the world has ever seen?

Jared Leto.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Profanity posted:

Miles Teller is my first thought for someone with the appropriately palpable aura (ed: musk) of smug dislikability.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Durzel posted:

It tickles me that his retorts are so feeble. It reminds me of when he tried to dunk on Hard Drive and instead teed them up for a atomic dunk on him.

why does the AI need to be funny though? I don't see why that is in any way important

gschmidl posted:

Jared Leto.
Memebius

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Profanity posted:

Kevin Durand

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
cast elon himself and flatter him between takes so he doesn't realize he's being brutally mocked the whole time

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Profanity posted:

Troy from The Final Sacrifice.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Michael Cera

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Profanity posted:

Ian Miles Cheong

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

Ian Miles Cheong

he'd finally get to visit the country he loves so much

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

AI is good because jt keeps Elon occupied and not posting about race science on X (formerly Twitter)

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Tim Allen as Elon Musk

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Steven Segal

(but he won't shave off his beard so they have to disguise it with make-up)

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

ynohtna posted:

Miles Teller is my first thought for someone with the appropriately palpable aura (ed: musk) of smug dislikability.

Got it in one. Perfect casting

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1722971117542121802?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

You gotta break some eggs to make a 420 reference.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Profanity posted:

Tommy Wiseau.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Move fast and break things (people).

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Breetai posted:

Tommy Wiseau.

Oh hai X Æ A-12!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Durzel posted:

His sense of humor is like this joke book from like 1956 I found in my grandparents' guest room bookcase one time.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I believe OSHA calls that situation "completely out of control" if you actually report the recordables

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

At what point does being a pathetic, salty little bitch begin to qualify as mental illness?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I keep confounding Sam Altman with Sam Bankman

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The fact that the cryptocultists trusted a literal Bankman is :ironicat:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Scam Bankman-Fraud

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Data Graham posted:

Scam Bankman-Fraud

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Profanity posted:

Paul Walter Hauser