Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I had a tub of this yesterday as a reward for not having to go to work for 18 days - hurrah!
Cue flinging of mortar boards into the air.

also thank you for alerting me to this i have been wanting some chocolate and orange ice cream for a while. i think morrisons did/do some but i don't live near one anymore. everything's coming up angepain

e: oh um new page err, politics, eh? what about all that politics there is. sure is a lot of it. political politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Lots of nazis couldn't bear to do any of the mass murder without first torturing, humiliating and dehumanizing their victims, to, in their view, reduce them to something less than human. Does that make them the bad nazis, or are the bad nazis the ones who were just fine with shooting dozens of people in the head?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Angepain posted:

also thank you for alerting me to this i have been wanting some chocolate and orange ice cream for a while. i think morrisons did/do some but i don't live near one anymore. everything's coming up angepain

H2H - got mine from Iceland.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just for info: had coffee with a friend earlier who is going to march in London tomorrow.
As he is meeting his daughter who lives in London, we looked up tubes as I thought I read some lines were completely closed.
And yes, quite a few lines are listed as closed until 15:00 tomorrow.
Might affect some of your plans!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I would think the tube is going to be less of a problem, and more the edl twats looking to play statue defense with Biggest Troop Statue, and punching anyone they see with dyed hair or piercings.

Along with the centrists winding them up so that when the fighting starts they can publish their pre-written screeds about how the left is as violent as the right because she got called names on twitter once.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I had a tub of this yesterday as a reward for not having to go to work for 18 days - hurrah!
Cue flinging of mortar boards into the air.

In related and equally important news, my wife came back from the supermarket yesterday with two boxes of these

Guess Christmas is starting early this year

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Lots of nazis couldn't bear to do any of the mass murder without first torturing, humiliating and dehumanizing their victims, to, in their view, reduce them to something less than human. Does that make them the bad nazis, or are the bad nazis the ones who were just fine with shooting dozens of people in the head?
They're all the bad nazis op. The others were just able to do the dehumanization in their mind first.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I would think the tube is going to be less of a problem, and more the edl twats looking to play statue defense with Biggest Troop Statue, and punching anyone they see with dyed hair or piercings.

Along with the centrists winding them up so that when the fighting starts they can publish their pre-written screeds about how the left is as violent as the right because she got called names on twitter once.

The march isn't actually going near the Cenotaph so they might have set themselves up to look silly with this one.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

smellmycheese posted:

I see we are at the “Rabbis Praising the Nazis” stage of the discourse

lmfao thinking anything Douglas Murray has to say is worth listening to - the self owning is astounding.

Guarantee you he is no where near the border in that recording.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

josh04 posted:

The march isn't actually going near the Cenotaph so they might have set themselves up to look silly with this one.
I'm less concerned about them looking silly than I am them starting fights with random passers-by.

More than one press source has talked about them going past the cenotaph. I know they aren't, but that's not going to stop the thumb men picking fights with anyone who looks like they might be able to spell cenotaph without using an S or an F.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Seeing all the sternly judgemental articles from Very Serious People about the appalling hate marches and the dreadful terrorist supporters who attend them has left me feeling even more detached from reality than usual.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

josh04 posted:

I was told by our normal government and media that the march was going past, over and directly through the Cenotaph.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
:siren: IMPORTANT CRISP RESEARCH :siren: (but only for salt n vinegar, which are poo poo anyway)

Martin Lewis: The UK's best salt 'n' vinegar crisps, a data-Crunch of 46 types

full PDF

The research team said Asda are the best

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

sinky posted:

I was told by our normal government and media that the march was going past, over and directly through the Cenotaph.

we're going on a hate march
we're going on a big one
we're not scared

oh no, a Cenotaph!
we cant go over it
we cant go under it
we'll have to go through it

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Daily Mail showing the 9 cops standing protection at the Cenotaph right now, and will be over night.

Also on their front page, a Welsh school sent a note home saying they won't give litter trays to anyone that identifies as a cat.
There's no one at the school who does.

I'm a big fan of SCP at the moment, getting into the concepts of totally alien concepts of horror and suspense terror.
Stuff that makes you sit and wonder how could someone imagine such craziness, the descent into madness by individuals and groups alike.
How reality is not what you think.

The whole of the UK should be SCP 10000.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Microplastics posted:

:siren: IMPORTANT CRISP RESEARCH :siren: (but only for salt n vinegar, which are poo poo anyway)

full PDF

Discos aren't top. This 'research' isn't worth poo poo.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Microplastics posted:

full PDF

loving you wot mate?

And why does Mystic Meg have her own brand of crisps?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
No McCoy's Flame Grilled Steak in the God tier??

What the gently caress.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

happyhippy posted:

The whole of the UK should be SCP 10000.

A shame that SCP-1966 is already taken.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Pistol_Pete posted:

What the gently caress.

In the god tier of the salt & vinegar rankings you mean?

To be fair they're better than many of them there.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Pistol_Pete posted:

What the gently caress.

Its Salt and Vinegar only.
Pringles should not be that high.

Edit: Beaten like a protester at tomorrows protest.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Why would anyone make a list of salt and vinegar crisps in the first place? Literally the worst flavour.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Pistol_Pete posted:

Why would anyone make a list of salt and vinegar crisps in the first place? Literally the worst flavour.

Even the name is a lie.

ALL CRISPS CONTAIN SALT, THEY JUST KNOW 'VINEGAR FLAVOUR' SOUNDS ACCURATELY DISGUSTING

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Hippeas is truly vile though.
It's not a crisp, you could possibly serve it as a side dish if you covered it in gravy or sauce.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

One for poppy watch

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Salt and Vinegar is the hardest flavour to get right, so it is an interesting benchmark. Pringles are way too high up that tier list though, those things break down the molecules in your mouth flesh at the best of times, don't need to add vinegar too.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

grobbo posted:

Even the name is a lie.

ALL CRISPS CONTAIN SALT, THEY JUST KNOW 'VINEGAR FLAVOUR' SOUNDS ACCURATELY DISGUSTING
Proper 'salt and vinegar' flavouring for crisps is sodium acetate, which tastes someway between the two.

Fancy crisps flavoured with table salt and actual vinegar don't taste right.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

josh04 posted:

Here's hoping they beat each other up out of frustration.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Microplastics posted:

If you have the coop ones at the top and even make mention of the sawdust M&S salt and vinegar whatever the gently caress they claim to be... Both are disgusting.
This list is a sham.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I like the salt & vinegar crisps I can get from the local shoppe.

Happy Shopper, or Euroshopper or something like that.

Only a pound for a big bag.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Putting Tayto at the bottom is a hate crime (I’ve never had the salt n vinegar though)

And salt n vinegar is a great flavour, you lot probably all like cheese n onion 🤢

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cheese n onion is the best common flavour

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Not liking salt & vinegar is the sort of thing I'd expect from a thread full of sincere Monster Munch likers.

Hula Hoops top tier is some nonsense though. The BBQ flavour Hula Hoops are great but every other flavour they do is unremarkable.

McCoys used to do these chip shop flavours inspired crisps that were maybe inch long fingers, still crinkle cut because it's McCoys, their salt & vinegar ones were good, I miss those. Was going to go to the supermarket tonight but the buses are running massively late because of a car crash so I probably won't go now, but if I did I was going to come back with a bag of those Pop Chips, in salt & vinegar of course.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Dabir posted:

Cheese n onion is the best common flavour

Interesting qualifier

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

keep punching joe posted:

What is this white nonsense?

those are the graves of the many unfortunate small(ish) rodents who have perished in those perverts' rectums over time

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm open to the possibility that there's better things to put on a crisp, but if you want a snack and go down a newsagent, you're getting mccoys or walkers and your choice of three or four flavours for each of those

You want to tell me sour cream and sweet chilli is god's own flavour, could be, but no oval office sells it do they

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Crisp chat. These have just come out and they are absolutely incredible. Worse than crack. I’m doing a pack a day.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

smellmycheese posted:

Crisp chat. These have just come out and they are absolutely incredible. Worse than crack. I’m doing a pack a day.

Yeah, love them. Bit like Niknaks but not quite.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I had a former co-worker (a former bassist in the band Sylosis if anyone is a fan and wants some extremely specific trivia) who would get those beef hula hoops and a marmite sandwich, then he'd press the hula hoops through the sandwich to make little hula hoops with bread and marmite circles in them and eat those. Swore it was fantastic. Seemed like a lot of work to me and I hate marmite anyway so I'd never give it a go but I was always curious.

That's my weird crisp contribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

happyhippy posted:

Yeah, love them. Bit like Niknaks but not quite.

They are like the Cheese Cheetos you get in USA but inexplicably have never been able to get here, except in Flamin Hot. Except bigger and more luxuriantly cheesy. A true god among crisps.