Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

So having never played any baldurs gate is bg3 worth getting?

It's shaping up to be a game of the year contender and may even be in the running to join the ranks of the bests of all time

Baldur's gate 3 is one of the rare few games made by a company where all employees are working for love of The Craft rather than corporate busywork, and their enthusiasm shows in every facet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Yes, it's a very good RPG - most of its major flaws are ways it could've been better rather than ways it's bad. It's very different from the previous two Baldur's Gate games (like being turn-based, for example) and I was able to enjoy it fine without having played the others. And I never will play the others, because RTWP is the big thing dragging many games down for me.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
The tadpole powers are incredibly useful and become insanely OP eventually

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I never played a single BG game and my only history with Larian is never completing Act 1 of Divinity: Original Sin 2, and I had to stop playing for a while because I just plain burned out after 200+ (GOOD) hours

Theres obviously benefits if you're familiar with D&D's setting or read up on the history of the BG games, but you can pretty much just dive in headfirst and have a good time. The biggest "pointing at the screen going ITS HIM!!! I KNOW HIM!!!" moment I had was a character showing up in Act 3 that I didnt realize was a BG character because I never played them, but I recognized him from other crossover materials and fan works :v:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Well that’s me sold,thanks guys.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Baldurs gate 3 starts strong then completely falls apart at the end like all Larian games. The third act is barely functional and the bad guys end up all being incredibly boring.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

My pitch would basically be 'if you've ever at least sort of liked a Bioware game, it's like the best possible version of that'. It's an easy bottom on my list of new games I've played this year, and even I think it's solidly worth it if it sounds interesting, even if I'd say to wait for a sale. It's probably the only big game released this year that I'd say is invariably worth a taste, just because it'll be interesting to look yourself; Street Fighter 6 and Armored Core 6 don't exactly break from your expectations from the outside, but BG3 kinda does, even if I often wish it didn't.

My only advice is don't play a drow if you don't know how D&D treats drow. The early game goes hard on cracking out all the most fantasy-racist stuff it's got against drow specifically, and it's terrible.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 16:30 on Nov 9, 2023

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

love a good post/av combo

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Morrowind, Tribunal:

Someone thought watching two Dwemer robots fight in Morrowind's combat engine would be a thrill. It was not. At least I won my bet on the battlebot match.

The expansive Dwemer ruin uncovered in the main quest is populated with piles of ash that are clearly supposed to be the remains of Dwarves. This is a bit of a problem because every other source made it pretty clear that they didn't get disintegrated, they blinked out of existence. Hell, not even necessarily in a Rapture-y way where they leave behind their clothes. Clearly someone didn't get the memo, oopsie.

But for sake of argument, maybe there's an upside. The remains can serve as visual storytelling fodder at least, yeah? Well, aside from such revelations as "Dwemer sat on stools" and other similarly mundane details, they really only get used for a dirty joke: two ashes overlapping at a bed, a "Dwemer tube" right beside them, a bottle of oil nearby, and a third ash pile outside the slightly ajar door.

I know this isn't the actual cause and effect, but I want to believe TES lore nerds have to twist themselves in knots to explain the inconsistency created by a sex joke.

Also only found in this ruin: Giant Dwarven ceiling fans. I was briefly worried they might be one of those nasty traps that suck you into the blades or something, but no, just some Ridley Scott rear end fans for some reason.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I had an odd journey with BG3, right after the tutorial and for a few hours after, it had me questioning if I liked that style of game anymore, like I'd just reached a point in my life where I didn't have the time/patience to get on with them.

Then it did click and for the rest of act 1 and 2 I was hooked, played through those very quickly. Unfortunately, when I got into act 3, I only got a little ways in but I encountered quite a few bugs just in that small segment and I got spoiled on something that had already been an inkling I had that kinda threatened to ruin the game for me. Just a story thing, very subjective but it was basically laser targetted to my personal pet peeves.

I'm definitely gonna go back and finish it (or make a new character and play it again with something that won't feel as at odds with the story they seem to have wanted to tell) but each patch is sounding like it's fixing more and more stuff and making it more and more stable with regard to quest triggers and such so I think waiting will prove worth it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Yeah the only reason I'm not on playthrough 2 of BG3 right now is because I've seen each new update fix/address more poo poo, plus the modding community has absolutely run away with the poo poo they can pull off. I'm gonna wait until around Christmas so I can use my time off to rill a Dark Urge origin character and explore the avenues I didnt take the first time

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Cleretic posted:

My only advice is 'don't play a drow if you don't know how D&D treats drow'. The early game goes hard on cracking out all the most fantasy-racist stuff it's got against drow specifically, and it's terrible.

But also if you know about it it's great, especially in coop. I've been mashing the Drow or Lolth Sworn button pretty much every time on instinct. Even bad guys automatically assume you're on their side, so you can just walk in and turn their spiders against them. Scaring children is also a bonus.

Playing coop is also good for their patching pace because we go slow enough that they'll probably have patched Act3 when we get there

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Grundma posted:

Baldurs gate 3 starts strong then completely falls apart at the end like all Larian games. The third act is barely functional and the bad guys end up all being incredibly boring.

Driftwood was the best part of DOS2 and that wasn't Early Access at least. I wouldn't like Act 3 even if it wasn't built on a foundation of drink straws though, the content there is just kind of rear end in general. Stuff like the paper tabloid quest winds up being a complete wet fart compared to what you'd expect or hope for

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

big mean giraffe posted:

The tadpole powers are incredibly useful and become insanely OP eventually

I was worried about leaving Gale in camp because counterspell was so useful but tadpole powers were a great replacement.

Cleretic posted:

My only advice is don't play a drow if you don't know how D&D treats drow. The early game goes hard on cracking out all the most fantasy-racist stuff it's got against drow specifically, and it's terrible.

At least there's an upside where you get special conversation options if you're Drow/half-drow at several points as you progress, so you can automatically get let into a couple of places or be cool with people who otherwise might not be.

And you look bad-rear end.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Yeah, there's not that many direct allusions to the previous games and the game explains the lore enough that it kind of assumes a lot of people wouldn't have played them.

Grundma posted:

I wouldn't say "barely functional" but it was, to me, the weakest part of the game. It didn't help that I was max level like an hour into it so most of the side content felt incredibly superfluous.

Hel posted:

But also if you know about it it's great, especially in coop. I've been mashing the Drow or Lolth Sworn button pretty much every time on instinct. Even bad guys automatically assume you're on their side, so you can just walk in and turn their spiders against them. Scaring children is also a bonus.

Playing coop is also good for their patching pace because we go slow enough that they'll probably have patched Act3 when we get there

My favorite part is how often any time there's a non-lolthsworn drow NPC you just have a perpetual "Lolthsworn: kill them" option.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The Talos Principle 2: I'm gonna preface this by saying that I know it can't be/is not 100% true (because about an hour ago I missed a jump and ended up t-posing in the void, staring straight up and through Prometheus's rear end in a top hat) but for a game that spends so much of its time allowing you to freely roam around the hub areas and tackle puzzles in any order, they sure paid somebody a lot of money to identify any surface that could even slightly allow you get out of bounds, and covered them all in some vaseline-grease super-lubricant. I just want to jump up on top of this statue's head, and there's a very mild slope that could get me up there, but the second my feet touch the rocks I enter freefall and sloooowly slide back down toward the ground I started from. :argh:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm playing a coop game in BG3 and it was many hours in before I realized that my friend had accidentally created a drow that happened to have light skin when he mashed the 'randomize appearance' button. Just an elf walking around and every now and then they get Drow options, surprises me every time.

Edit: not a thing dragging it down, all this drow talk just reminded me

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The Talos Principle 2: In the second-to-last puzzle hub of the game, there's a bonus puzzle that loving sucks, and not even in a good/interesting way

The Pandora puzzles are laser/perspective puzzles, where a statue has a target painted on it that you have to point a specific color laser at. They're a sorta-callback to an interesting/infamous Talos Principle 1 bonus puzzle where you had to point a laser at the tip of a Pyramid way off in the distance, which had a barely-visible Laser Connector on it, in order to beat a line-of-sight/perspective challenge. There were a few others like this in the game, but that one was a standout moment that got a lot of buzz. So the Pandora puzzles are a spiritual successor to it, where you generally need to look all around your environment to find the obvious-yet-not-so-obvious pieces that slot together to make this puzzle work.

Puzzle/Area spoilers follow from here on out, no story spoilers

West 2 is covered in gigantic statues and lots of overlapping stairways/paths. These all have clear lines of sight across the whole map, so a perspective puzzle in this hub would be awesome. The Pandora statue, located right outside the entrance to Puzzle 3, doesn't have a target on it. Instead, the new mechanic in this area is "Activators", which create an item-activating bubble around them when connected to a laser. There's an extremely obvious set of laser connectors just next to the statue, and the other end of the connectors leads right outside the entrance of Puzzle 4, which has a blue laser next to its front door. Okay, so instead of being a laser-pointing perspective puzzle, we have to figure out where an Activator is hiding.

When you get to the area outside Puzzle 6, you find a type of wall that you normally only find inside of puzzles--it's a surface that you can point a "Driller" at, which will create a hole in the wall for you to pass/pick up items through. Just behind this wall, there's the telltale outline of an Activator. So, the next step of the puzzle is finding a Driller.

This Driller Wall is out in the open underneath several giant statues, with clear lines of sight to several different platforms that would be right next to the rest of the hub's puzzles. This must mean that somewhere between levels 6, 7, 8, Δ1, Δ2, and the Gold Postgame Puzzle, there must be a Driller that will get a perfect sniper's shot at the Driller Wall, right? The logical thing to do would be to stand with your back to the Driller Wall, and then look around the environment to note down all the different platforms overlooking the Driller Wall, so you can thoroughly explore this beautiful zone.

Nope, gently caress you! None of those interesting-looking platforms has anything on them. In fact, some of them have lovely collision and you just fall straight through the ground and into the void.

The driller you need is back at Puzzle 4. There is no line-of-sight puzzle here. You find it hidden behind two blind corners, around the back of the puzzle room. There's a forcefield blocking it off, but it takes 30 seconds to figure out how to get it out. Once you're holding the Driller, you walk from Puzzle 4 to Puzzle 6 for no goddamned reason, use it point-blank on the extremely obvious Driller Wall, pick up the Activator, walk back to Puzzle 4, hook up the blue laser to the extremely obvious connector out front, then walk the rest of the way back to Puzzle 3 to claim your star. You don't even need to reuse the Driller in order to get a clear line-of-sight for the laser to travel! You just point it through the front door of Puzzle 4 and then set the Activator down by the entrance to Puzzle 3! All of the other puzzle components were stacked right on loving top of each other! You don't get to use any of the interesting vistas! This puzzle loving sucks! :rant:

E: I haven't gotten to the Gold puzzles yet, which all appear to be self-contained so far, but if they are self-contained and don't require anything from outside the puzzle rooms themselves... this is also the last Pandora puzzle in the game. :(

bawk has a new favorite as of 07:49 on Nov 10, 2023

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The conclusion of Tribunal is pretty drat bad. Ostensibly you're going to Sotha Sil's fabled Clockwork City, but in actuality it's a fantastically boring dungeon crawl. You fight the same two enemies ad nauseum, there's random dead end paths and empty space for literally no reason, there's zero loot across the entire thing beyond consumables that drop from the enemies. The art design is mildly interesting, but every room is so incredibly empty and samey that it loses its luster very quickly. The only things that break up the flow are a stupid, mildly infuriating puzzle and a mini-boss fight against a giant robot. One that honestly looks more like a shambling robotic monstrosity from Quake 2 or Daikatana or something. It felt like a bad MMO dungeon, like I was back grinding out delves in ESO. Except even ESO had better dungeon design on average.

There's also the preceding quest where you end up interacting with a Dwemer ghost, who's written as a cranky old man, further sapping any sense of mystique from the Dwarves. And instead of making the final touch of igniting your cool re-assembled legendary blade momentous, he just kinda grouches about how flaming swords are some dumb fad. It's almost a workable gag, but the execution left a bad taste in my mouth. (Bonus jank: The finished blade is inexplicably worse than the unfinished one, but you don't have a choice if you want to complete the expack.)

Also it turns out I vastly overestimated dear King Helseth's defenses. Side-stepping the whole "immune to magic" angle, he's got a modest amount of health regen and a few pieces of armor on. Seeing how I don't really use magic in the first place...:fuckoff: Helped by the rare bug in my favor - somehow none of his bodyguards aggroed at all when I goaded the royal prick into a fight. They're the real threat on account of spamming paralyze, so glad to avoid that.

I think I clearly understand now why despite all the hype for Morrowind, you hear almost nothing about the expansions. Though I'm optimistic for Bloodmoon. I loved going to Solstheim in Skyrim and it'll be a nice change of pace. But I'm also aware it has some of its own strange ideas. Even so, it'll benefit from being an isolated side story instead of being a clumsy capstone.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I remember in Daggerfall when setting up a custom difficulty you can make yourself a vampire, which means if you go outside during the day you take damage until you die. I was just wondering... is that just meant to be a gag? Because it takes days of overworld travel to get anywhere; am I expected to find a cave to hide in during the day, every day? I'm also going off a like 20 year-old memory.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I remember Bloodmoon being much better than Tribunal because it delves into some Daedric Prince lore (always good for a laugh) and switches things up with a noticeably different locale. Plenty of annoying "post-game" enemies though.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

bawk posted:

The Talos Principle 2: In the second-to-last puzzle hub of the game, there's a bonus puzzle that loving sucks, and not even in a good/interesting way

The Pandora puzzles are laser/perspective puzzles, where a statue has a target painted on it that you have to point a specific color laser at. They're a sorta-callback to an interesting/infamous Talos Principle 1 bonus puzzle where you had to point a laser at the tip of a Pyramid way off in the distance, which had a barely-visible Laser Connector on it, in order to beat a line-of-sight/perspective challenge. There were a few others like this in the game, but that one was a standout moment that got a lot of buzz. So the Pandora puzzles are a spiritual successor to it, where you generally need to look all around your environment to find the obvious-yet-not-so-obvious pieces that slot together to make this puzzle work.

Puzzle/Area spoilers follow from here on out, no story spoilers

West 2 is covered in gigantic statues and lots of overlapping stairways/paths. These all have clear lines of sight across the whole map, so a perspective puzzle in this hub would be awesome. The Pandora statue, located right outside the entrance to Puzzle 3, doesn't have a target on it. Instead, the new mechanic in this area is "Activators", which create an item-activating bubble around them when connected to a laser. There's an extremely obvious set of laser connectors just next to the statue, and the other end of the connectors leads right outside the entrance of Puzzle 4, which has a blue laser next to its front door. Okay, so instead of being a laser-pointing perspective puzzle, we have to figure out where an Activator is hiding.

When you get to the area outside Puzzle 6, you find a type of wall that you normally only find inside of puzzles--it's a surface that you can point a "Driller" at, which will create a hole in the wall for you to pass/pick up items through. Just behind this wall, there's the telltale outline of an Activator. So, the next step of the puzzle is finding a Driller.

This Driller Wall is out in the open underneath several giant statues, with clear lines of sight to several different platforms that would be right next to the rest of the hub's puzzles. This must mean that somewhere between levels 6, 7, 8, Δ1, Δ2, and the Gold Postgame Puzzle, there must be a Driller that will get a perfect sniper's shot at the Driller Wall, right? The logical thing to do would be to stand with your back to the Driller Wall, and then look around the environment to note down all the different platforms overlooking the Driller Wall, so you can thoroughly explore this beautiful zone.

Nope, gently caress you! None of those interesting-looking platforms has anything on them. In fact, some of them have lovely collision and you just fall straight through the ground and into the void.

The driller you need is back at Puzzle 4. There is no line-of-sight puzzle here. You find it hidden behind two blind corners, around the back of the puzzle room. There's a forcefield blocking it off, but it takes 30 seconds to figure out how to get it out. Once you're holding the Driller, you walk from Puzzle 4 to Puzzle 6 for no goddamned reason, use it point-blank on the extremely obvious Driller Wall, pick up the Activator, walk back to Puzzle 4, hook up the blue laser to the extremely obvious connector out front, then walk the rest of the way back to Puzzle 3 to claim your star. You don't even need to reuse the Driller in order to get a clear line-of-sight for the laser to travel! You just point it through the front door of Puzzle 4 and then set the Activator down by the entrance to Puzzle 3! All of the other puzzle components were stacked right on loving top of each other! You don't get to use any of the interesting vistas! This puzzle loving sucks! :rant:

E: I haven't gotten to the Gold puzzles yet, which all appear to be self-contained so far, but if they are self-contained and don't require anything from outside the puzzle rooms themselves... this is also the last Pandora puzzle in the game. :(

I accidentally cheesed that one by taking an activator out of puzzle 6, lol. I figured it was intended because they did that in Talos Principle 1, only to later notice the drill wall and figured there had to be a driller hidden somewhere. The game taught me earlier to check out the outer walls of all the puzzles and I found it pretty quickly.

My real gripe is that the West 3 puzzles were all way too easy. No new mechanics, no real head scratchers, just a breeze.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

credburn posted:

I remember in Daggerfall when setting up a custom difficulty you can make yourself a vampire, which means if you go outside during the day you take damage until you die. I was just wondering... is that just meant to be a gag? Because it takes days of overworld travel to get anywhere; am I expected to find a cave to hide in during the day, every day? I'm also going off a like 20 year-old memory.

Afaik, Daggerfall rarely if ever expected you to travel far on foot. That said, looking it up, vampires straight up can't fast travel during the day which is its own BS.

Morrowind has a similar deal where becoming a vampire gets you shunned by like 90% of all NPCs, including most travel services.

Being harmed by sunlight has remained a mechanic in every game. I think it wasn't until Skyrim that they threw in some means to skirt around it beyond hiding indoors.

Ultimately, it makes a certain amount of sense in Daggerfall where the emphasis is more on being an absurdly open-ended fantasy adventure simulator. (Worth noting that, perhaps unsurprisingly, TES's roots are in D&D.) But in every subsequent game it feels more and more like a weird, tacked-on idea rather than a whole divergent playstyle.

Edit: Though maybe I'm just weird because I can't imagine endlessly rolling up new characters to roleplay through yet another MW/Oblivion/Skyrim run, but that's what a lot of other folks do.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I remember Bloodmoon being much better than Tribunal because it delves into some Daedric Prince lore (always good for a laugh) and switches things up with a noticeably different locale. Plenty of annoying "post-game" enemies though.

Thankfully just like Tribunal there's a mod that knocks the enemies down a peg so random werewolves aren't the single strongest enemy in the entire game.

John Murdoch has a new favorite as of 18:28 on Nov 10, 2023

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
If I remember correctly, in Daggerfall you can fast travel as a vampire and you can also set your arrival time. You only start taking damage if you arrive in sunlight, so it's very possible to avoid. The bigger problem is all the shops/guilds are generally closed by then, so you've locked yourself out of most things in towns until you can do some shenanigans.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Going back to Mario Kart 8 since the final wave of new tracks came out, I'm remembering just how much I hate the lightning bolt. Everyone talks about the blue shell, but it's the lightning that's the true rear end in a top hat item. It destroys everyone's items, and slows them down, and there's not a direct counter? Pure trash.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Disable it

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Going back to Mario Kart 8 since the final wave of new tracks came out, I'm remembering just how much I hate the lightning bolt. Everyone talks about the blue shell, but it's the lightning that's the true rear end in a top hat item. It destroys everyone's items, and slows them down, and there's not a direct counter? Pure trash.

Turn off the items you don't like, it makes it a ton better; Lightning Bolts and Blue Shells are totes bullshit

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't think I can, I'm just doing single player tournaments to see the tracks right now, and I don't think it applies to the general online tournaments either :sigh:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Especially in single player it's painfully obvious that the game just outright spawns a blue shell on your rear end once per race if you're in front for a prolonged period of time, sometimes twice. Or hits you with a lightning bolt if you hold on to an item for too long. At least that what it feels like to me but I doubt it genuinely simulates the whole field of racers and item distribution among them. I know I'd take the shortcut if I was a dev.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Alan Wake II's gameplay is not very fun. It is a fantastic story that is also a pretty thoughtlessly designed video game. Terribly slow walking speed but with a sprint that gives you sliding momentum... A dodge button that doesn't give you invulnerability when enemies swing multiples times per attack... Backtracking through claustrophobic, realistically tiny spaces.... Plot items that won't spawn until you find the specific MacGuffin you needed to interact with to get the progression item to appear... It's really dire. I love the game so much but it's so tedious to play.

edit:

Also, Alan and the camera don't both fit through doorframes and so you bump on it jarringly unless you walk through sideways.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 06:50 on Nov 11, 2023

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I honestly am uncertain how the team that made Control designed this movement system. It's really bad. Enemies just wiggle at you and their limbs look like the michael scott walking down stairs thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The real thing dragging AW2 down is that I missed one of the writers room videos and it's the single missable one. I don't want to start a whole new game just to get those and NG+ isn't in the game yet. It's the only trophy I need to get the platinum

I put it on Story difficulty real early because I'm bad at games and Normal felt like a slog with enemies being spongy. Also I don't know if it's a bug or not but you can dodge cancel reload animations. The crossbow is real good when you get the two bolt upgrade and just dodge after starting the reload animation

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think I don't actually like the game at all and it really stinks because I'm a massive remedy fan. Outside of the explosion of earned fanservice, it isn't super memorable or fun.

edit: i was pretty frustrated when i made this post, you can kinda discount it

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 19:34 on Nov 11, 2023

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Alan Wank

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I truly believe that nothing will ever top the foreshadowing in Alan Wake 1: "And that's when I heard the chainsaw"

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CJacobs posted:

I think I don't actually like the game at all and it really stinks because I'm a massive remedy fan. Outside of the explosion of earned fanservice, it isn't super memorable or fun.

Aw man, I've just started watching the first vod you made of the game, sucks to hear it only goes downhill from there :(

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

Aw man, I've just started watching the first vod you made of the game, sucks to hear it only goes downhill from there :(

It's an opinion thing, I think it's my favorite thing I've played this year. I'd still keep giving it a shot If you like what you're seeing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

I’ve played it for 24 hours and think it’s incredible

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CommissarMega posted:

Nahh don't worry about the game's quality, I was frustrated about the chapter I was on when I made those complaints. Overall I really love the story and atmosphere, it's still the best game I've played this year. It has made me laugh, and cry, it's just janky to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

As someone who also absolutely loves Alan Wake 2, the dodge really is terrible.