Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
OK it's the end of the day and I have to leave in a few minutes and my throat is closing up and I can't breath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You can do it and you’ll feel a hell of a lot better for it

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Shoehead posted:

OK it's the end of the day and I have to leave in a few minutes and my throat is closing up and I can't breath

As a goon who has followed your job for a while, this is really the best ending. You are getting out of that madness, and that can only benefit your mental health and future job plans. Let her destroy the place on your way out the door, it's not your problem anymore.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Shoehead posted:

Just breath. The worst case scenario is the status quo and you are breaking that. Things are about to get better.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
Shoehead you're the tattoo shop guy right?

I'm proud of you dog, yours has been a journey. You are a peacock now spread your wings!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It's done!

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Hell yeah, great job

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Shoehead posted:

It's done!

Hell yeah!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Trip report

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Now, to drink?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

:toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Guy keeps posting feet pics on the internal slack and noone is intervening bc the consensus seems to be 'ha ha this wacky guy!!'

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Shoehead posted:

It's done!

Let's fuckin gooooooooooooo

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Killingyouguy! posted:

Guy keeps posting feet pics on the internal slack and noone is intervening bc the consensus seems to be 'ha ha this wacky guy!!'

Post gross feet pics so they have to make a rule against it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

McGavin posted:

Post gross feet pics so they have to make a rule against it.

"Only sexy feet pics allowed on the work slack from now on!"

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
That went kinda OK. She was first super puzzled that I was bringing something up and then I think she was genuinely shocked. She'd bought a new appointment book for piercings just a few weeks ago and despite losing 75% of her staff already she really seemed to think I was going to just sit around in the filth indefinitely.

Things with my notice is, of course, awkward, because for some loving reason she is going to be skipping a heap of timenext week, which I didn't know before I decided to quit but is a bonus. So I said I'll be done on Friday seeing as I'd be alone in the shop next Saturday or if she wants I could pay myself and leave the keys inside when I leave. I don't give a poo poo either way. I think giving her this info and then giving her a choice was confusing enough that she didn't turn on me or anything, or she was just so shocked that the guy she tried and failed to get to quit all year just waited til he was ready to quit. I wonder if she thought she'd beaten it out of me.

We'll see tomorrow, I gave her no extra info, no details of where I'm going. I feel very relieved atm. But mainly because I felt SO sick before hand and it's gone. Its like how you feel after throwing up

E: Sorry my grammar is all over the place my brain is fried

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Shoehead posted:

It's done!

congrats op. escaping a lovely gig is like a new lease on life. enjoy your freedom!

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
congratulations shoehead :toot:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Unwanted advice as you pull out of that hellhole: She's going to try and get information from you and make you agree to poo poo you don't want. Have firm boundaries in your head as to what you will and won't do or tell her.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Outrail posted:

Unwanted advice as you pull out of that hellhole: She's going to try and get information from you and make you agree to poo poo you don't want. Have firm boundaries in your head as to what you will and won't do or tell her.

Block her everywhere she might conceivably try to reach you, especially your phone.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

wow you quit just when they were about to turn the whole ship around, what a terrible mistake

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
90% of quitters leave before work conditions improve keep suffering

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Outrail posted:

I had people from my past job suddenly texting me and asking for designs, and just casually dropping the "Where are you working now?" "How much do you make?"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Did I mention itt that she tried to get me to sign a 2 year no competition clause when she fially got off her rear end and gave me a (4 month long) contract?

She called me a bully when I refused to sign it

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Shoehead getting a new job is going to be the worst thing for this thread.

Congrats Shoehead!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm gonna have to do a best of recap or something. I think I promised a few stories before I got super depressed earlier this year

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Congratulations, Shoehead🥳

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Imagine putting a no compete clause in a contract when you can’t afford utilities.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Invalid Validation posted:

Imagine putting a no compete clause in a contract when you can’t afford utilities.

"Under this contract you cannot work anywhere else using skills you acquired during your employment here, including (but not limited to) remembering to pay the bloody electric bill"

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Shoehead posted:

I'm gonna have to do a best of recap or something. I think I promised a few stories before I got super depressed earlier this year

In your own time, no rush. Congrats, seriously.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
ITT: hell yeah Shoehead

https://youtu.be/qG9ZWUitFik

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Like others said, firm boundaries and block her on everything once you're gone. Hell, block her on everything but you're phone now, then phone once you're gone

She's gonna try to pull some fuckshit next week, bet

Hell yeah though, def worth a congrats :toot:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Invalid Validation posted:

People who can't afford lawyers don't write enforceable contracts.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I started selectively venting in different spaces online because.. well I've been insufferable but now we can laugh at these

https://x.com/Shoehead_art/status/1655884720188833792?s=20

https://x.com/Shoehead_art/status/1662468833452478466?s=20

I dont remember this one
https://x.com/Shoehead_art/status/1656647085897273345?s=20

https://x.com/Shoehead_art/status/1674824492873400341?s=20

https://x.com/Shoehead_art/status/1649364967236198402?s=20

https://x.com/Shoehead_art/status/1648725568454524943?s=20

https://x.com/Shoehead_art/status/1648268089622921217?s=20

https://x.com/Shoehead_art/status/1643535696479567873?s=20

https://x.com/Shoehead_art/status/1639597606216105984?s=20

quote:

Boss update, yesterday she made the new Apprentice and the old work exp kid rearrange her many many books of tattoo drawings (which we no longer show to people but she will not store elsewhere). This morning she spent about ten minutes undoing everything they'd done

quote:

According to her The Monk (an Irish crime boss) has ADHD and that all children with ADHD MUST be educated least they fall to a life of organised crime. ALL of them. Because they think outside the box

quote:

Got flowers from the entire staff last week because of her dad and cried. Within an hour was making fun of our Artist for buying pink gloves. Followed it up this week by stealing them and wearing them in front of the artist because she's a psychopath

quote:

Turns out her mother had to leave her father on his deathbed to go pick the boss up because she wouldn't drive home or get a taxi and her entire family were very very angry with her. She wouldn't drive because she doesnt trust the car to last, is now trying to buy a van because "Maybe she can sleep in it"

quote:

Claimed she would no longer be masking her ADHD because none of her staff does (once gain she thinks that means its ok for her to not do key work)
^^ She self diagnosed with ADHD. A doctor gave her an essay to write, and I think she thought that it was a trick to see if she was capable of writing it so she ignored it. She spent about a month or two actively mimicking stuff the staff did that she was convinced were symptoms of ADHD, pissing everyone off doing so. Would ignore chunks of work every week and yell "uh oh... I'm PROCRASTINATING AGAAAAIN!". Eventually the other Tattoo artist said it seemed more like Autism and she started saying she was autistic for about a week after instead before dropping it entirely.

Oh wait I forgot this part

quote:

Claims she knows she is because of her "Un-feminine ability to read a map"

quote:

(I) Went out at lunch to have a chat with one of our apprentices, who finally got left alone with the boss and got left to fend for her self all last weekend while she moped. Got back after it and the boss got upset that we had both left for lunch without saying (to which I said "lunch starts at 1" because gently caress her)

Afterwards we both realized we'd told her we were leaving twice. She's loving crazy

These are all from THIS YEAR. This isnt even covering the 3 weeks last winter were we just didnt have phone, internet or running water.
The time this year were I had to bust into her room after she left in a hurry and left a sink running on full blast for 3 days and found...bad stuff..
Last year's version of the fruit fly swarm.
Her asking loudly if she thinks the two Ukranian refugees she's working on are ever going to go home.
The Autoclave (an industrial sterilizer) clearly finally breaking down after 10+ years of use, which she then ignored and had us continue to use until I just couldn't complete a cycle, at which point she blamed me for not telling her that it was broken better somehow. Did I mention she had a manual for it and it was in machine translated English???? "it could have blown up, Shoe, and then I'd be homeless!"
How was I going to clean my gear in the mean time? oh she wanted me to soak it in alcohol instead (I didn't do that) She has her new one on finace, it took a month to arrive after she finally ordered it (about 3 weeks after the old one broke), I started taking time off to do trial days in other shops and got a heap of training

My wife is coming home now so I'm gonna go hang out with her and discuss our future. :D

E: Oh and I should say at no point did we ever lose a utility because it wasn't paid for, it's just kind of a lovely old building. What WOULD happen though is that she would be afraid to call anyone on the phone and would hope we would volunteer to impersonate her on the phone instead. So it would drag out for weeks She regularly goes cold in her own home/shop because she's too scared to phone for a bottle of natural gas

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 10, 2023

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jesus loving Christ lol

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I hope you’ve seen that current meme of that chunky black cat screaming because that is me reading that insanity rn

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Shoehead posted:

crazy bullshit

i've been thinking about getting another tattoo but am legitimately scared of walking into this place despite how low those odds are lol

what a mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

'grats on leaving that hellhole.