Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

god drat I hate israel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
and DTA

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Chomsky would have had a field day with the manufactured consent. too bad it turned out that he was boys with Epstein and was manufacturing consent himself if you know what I mean

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Buckaroo Banzai will return in

Buckaroo Banzai Against the Israeli Defense Force

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Eastern was very close friends with Chomsky, who was an outspoken critic of Israel. How far does the pedo-Hamas conspiracy go

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/SwordMercury/status/1722777727688684030

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1722777727688684030.html

I was aware of the attacks on US bases in the region, not so much that Iraq has effectively declared war on the US troop presence there?

If these attacks sustain or even escalate, I get the sense that the US will either have to severely escalate themselves (i.e. regional war) or withdraw from Iraq and Syria en masse.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Ringo Roadagain posted:

god drat israel

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Ringo Roadagain posted:

god drat I hate israel

hell, same

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mistermojo posted:

Chomsky would have had a field day with the manufactured consent. too bad it turned out that he was boys with Epstein and was manufacturing consent himself if you know what I mean

He is still alive.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqrXVNfYUI

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/SwordMercury/status/1722777727688684030

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1722777727688684030.html

I was aware of the attacks on US bases in the region, not so much that Iraq has effectively declared war on the US troop presence there?

If these attacks sustain or even escalate, I get the sense that the US will either have to severely escalate themselves (i.e. regional war) or withdraw from Iraq and Syria en masse.

the only way the us ever leaves is by getting owned see taliban for most recent example

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

What's up with the helicopter footage of Israel attacking the festival? Google gives me a "hey we're busy scrubbing this" screen and I'm not going to watch gore.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/asadabukhalil/status/1722831370022777031

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

the sense that the US will either have to severely escalate themselves (i.e. regional war) or withdraw from Iraq and Syria en masse.

absolutely. the bulk of what gets described as the Iraq war (2003 edition) was security on top of security on top of security to enable those various security and their logistical support to be delivered supplies at their bases. all of that in turn enabled a very small core to do the actual work - handing briefcases of cash to what were effectively local mafia bosses, handing briefcases of cash to ngo type development efforts, military and police trainers, and SOF death squads.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

one minor quibble the west has multiple genocides going

just genociding all the time

the west is genocide

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Literally hiding behind children
https://twitter.com/Timesofgaza/status/1723038983641260141?s=20

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Comically evil. If this was movie people would complain this is too hamfisted at an attempt to show how truly evil the villain is

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
drat I saw a story about ABC reporters meeting to share grievances about the pro-genocide authoritarian censorship regime, turns out it was Australia lol. For a moment some part of my brain thought that Disney was allowing acknowledgement of genocide

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

regarding israel trying to get indian workers

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Isaiah 9:8-10:3 posted:

8 The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.

9 And all the people shall know, even Ephraim and the inhabitant of Samaria, that say in the pride and stoutness of heart,

10 The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.

11 Therefore the Lord shall set up the adversaries of Rezin against him, and join his enemies together;

12 The Syrians before, and the Philistines behind; and they shall devour Israel with open mouth. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

13 For the people turneth not unto him that smiteth them, neither do they seek the Lord of hosts.

14 Therefore the Lord will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day.

15 The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.

16 For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.

17 Therefore the Lord shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaketh folly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

18 For wickedness burneth as the fire: it shall devour the briers and thorns, and shall kindle in the thickets of the forest, and they shall mount up like the lifting up of smoke.

19 Through the wrath of the Lord of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother.

20 And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm:

21 Manasseh, Ephraim; and Ephraim, Manasseh: and they together shall be against Judah. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

10 1 Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;

2 To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!

3 And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory?

God drat Israel

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

PhilippAchtel posted:

Al-Saqr's right

hamas ftw
death to israel and all their occupying settlers
death to america

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I agree with the new rules. This thread was getting a bit too much like the GBS thread at times. I realize that there's the fundamental difference of there being a clear and unambiguous good/bad side in this case, but it's still just bad posting. Cheering on Israel losing tanks (and the diminishing of their military in general) is good, but enthusiasm at actually viewing combat violence is not.

FlapYoJacks posted:

It's the cold and steely psychopathic dead eyes that do it for me. Her lust for genocide and ethnic cleansing really get me going.

The gently caress is wrong with you?

Also she's probably like half the age of your average goon lol. Isn't she like 19 or something?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Advil/status/1722967219276013826

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Ok, had a bit of a cry, I'm back now.

The reading behind israeli barbarity to the civilians, hospitals, and children, happening now can only come from a complete lack of military success, and that they are lashing out at the civilians as a result.

not only are they still losing a dozen tanks a day, they have not at all managed to slow down the pace of missile strikes, there is no indication so far that Hamas has stoped being able to hold and attack the israelis, and that they're ability to make the israelis suffer enormously for every inch and manage to hit from behind their lines has not diminished in any way, there is no indication that they have managed to seriously harm Hamas leadership, Infrastructure and the like. the fact that HOSPITALS are the key military and war crime target of the israelis should show you that they are lashing out and thrashing to pressure the civilians as a result from being frustrated militarily.

The question has never been 'can israel reach these places' it has always been 'can they SECURE' these places, and the answer so far is unequivocably 'no', and the israelis at this point are reaching the end of the 'empty land' leading up to gaza city, and they've lost a battalion or divisions worth of vehicles so far, the road for them now will be infinitely worse.

So congrats israel, you committed the worst war crime of the 21st century but you're absolutely gonna lose the war militarily.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

Okay, the three thread IKs have talked and this thread has gone to poo poo and is so wholly off the topic of what this thread is about- the ongoing genocide and ethnic cleansing of palestine.

Don't post about breadtubers, low engagement tweets that make you angry, right wingers, or anything else that makes you angry and does nothing to further the discourse - that discourse being that palestine will be free. We are fine with high profile politicians saying ghoulish poo poo because it's good to know and remind people of what the people running things are like.

Do not post gore or combat footage under any circumstances. If it's an accident, we will ask you to edit it out, if you do not oblige we will edit it out and ban you. If you intentionally post it, we will queue a ban + 30 and admins may perma you. If you are unsure if it's gore, don't post it and just describe what you saw. This thread will believe you without video evidence of Israel's crimes.

Finally, everyone posting in this thread is pro palestine. If someone isn't, the IKs will take care of it. You can post DTI, DTA, Palestine will be free from the river to the sea, Free Palestine - all to your hearts content.

We are going to start hitting a lot more posts for sixers, and give more warnings.

Remember, posting isn't praxis. If you want to discuss this in more detail, go to the feedback thread and let's let this thread be about the Palestinians.

Quick question about posting Israelis social takes and it being solely about angering posts. Israeli politicians posting pro genocide and discriminatory posts about Arabs is cool right? But not ordinary Israelis?

That video someone posted ordinary Israelis wanting to genocide all Arabs was good to post right? Like what constitutes posts solely to piss off people in a thread full of pissed off people?

I agree non Israeli right wing or breadtube takes aren't I/P thread worthy. But I've been just digging into the insanely discriminatory lives Israeli Arabs and other Arabs have in Israel, and how Israelis view or want to treat them is a huge part of that.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fleetwood posted:

i think the reported kills is half the actual rate so israel is operating at 100 percent auschwitz probably

Petition to change the thread tag back.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Shageletic posted:

Quick question about posting Israelis social takes and it being solely about angering posts. Israeli politicians posting pro genocide and discriminatory posts about Arabs is cool right? But not ordinary Israelis?

That video someone posted ordinary Israelis wanting to genocide all Arabs was good to post right? Like what constitutes posts solely to piss off people in a thread full of pissed off people?

I agree non Israeli right wing or breadtube takes aren't I/P thread worthy. But I've been just digging into the insanely discriminatory lives Israeli Arabs and other Arabs have in Israel, and how Israelis view or want to treat them is a huge part of that.

speaking personally I think there's no hard and fast boundary for this. The Empire Files video was good, imo, as a compilation of the thoughts of People In The Street, but a lot of that casual Israeli racism and genocidal rhetoric on twitter or whatever isn't really significant because we know these attitudes are widespread. and especially on twitter and other social media, people are very likely just posting this to troll people sympathetic to Palestine (see the blue check replies to any news about Palestine currently) or it's actually part of a hasbara initiative and I don't really care to read what propaganda the desk-job SS are posting

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

That's a good point. There are definitely trolls out there just trying to piss ppl off.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

Ok, had a bit of a cry, I'm back now.

The reading behind israeli barbarity to the civilians, hospitals, and children, happening now can only come from a complete lack of military success, and that they are lashing out at the civilians as a result.

not only are they still losing a dozen tanks a day, they have not at all managed to slow down the pace of missile strikes, there is no indication so far that Hamas has stoped being able to hold and attack the israelis, and that they're ability to make the israelis suffer enormously for every inch and manage to hit from behind their lines has not diminished in any way, there is no indication that they have managed to seriously harm Hamas leadership, Infrastructure and the like. the fact that HOSPITALS are the key military and war crime target of the israelis should show you that they are lashing out and thrashing to pressure the civilians as a result from being frustrated militarily.

The question has never been 'can israel reach these places' it has always been 'can they SECURE' these places, and the answer so far is unequivocably 'no', and the israelis at this point are reaching the end of the 'empty land' leading up to gaza city, and they've lost a battalion or divisions worth of vehicles so far, the road for them now will be infinitely worse.

So congrats israel, you committed the worst war crime of the 21st century but you're absolutely gonna lose the war militarily.

after the failure of the seventh and eighth offensives in Eritrea the Ethiopian military junta (trained in counter-insurgency by Israel) started bombing weekend markets, so Eritreans would morbidly joke that you could tell how close liberation was by how many bombs were falling.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
never? again!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
P vs I: For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

dti, dta

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1723051037630627892?t=nYbJrE9WyjS7dpOgAHL5jA&s=19

https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1723033184982483390?t=l4fA4fJmrO9KVfXqcVqG-g&s=19

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
edit: off topic

go for a stroll has issued a correction as of 20:12 on Nov 10, 2023

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

go for a stroll posted:

odds are good they recruited some model for these and our friend fell into the thirst trap

oh I guess that makes it o- waaaaait a second

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

gonna have to report Ivan Semenovich Lykov

and Alexander Vasilyevich Bodnar

for being a little bit too invested in their narration of having fought literal exterminationist fascists

What books are these excerpts from?

And are you going to post any more of Armies of Sand? I thought it was interesting and appreciated the posts.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

"based" indeed

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

go for a stroll posted:

not horny posting, just mentioning they've used the same woman in many propaganda shots, pretending to be at least 5 different people. mostly different military roles but once as a settler (they didn't call it that). odds are good they recruited some model for these and our friend fell into the thirst trap

I'm pretty sure someone posted an article at some point about this specific woman and how she's the most popular IDF instagram model or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

FormaldehydeSon posted:

hamas ftw
death to israel and all their occupying settlers
death to america