Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Remothered: broken porcelain up for a dollar on PSN. Never played the first one but for a dollar why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I eagerly await your trip report.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The scariest moment of any horror game is when the "hold shift to sprint" tutorial pops up

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Holding down the shift button could never scare me. I've done my time in San Andreas, my thumbs are still reflexively tapping the space bar to this day

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I’m really liking Voices of the Void, but they may be leaning too hard into the mundane side of “mundanity broken up by sudden inexplicable terror”. I think I played for two hours yesterday and only one or two freaky things happened.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So I'm looking to play some classic Resident Evil-style games. Are there any good indie games recently, besides Signalis, that do it? Or, like, romhacks or mods of the old ones?
Also I guess what is the best way to play RE2, 3, and CV these days? Especially on Steam Deck since that's my main gaming platform these days.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tormented Souls is a decent indie fixed perspective classic survival horror, though content wise it's closer to Silent Hill than RE

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So I'm looking to play some classic Resident Evil-style games. Are there any good indie games recently, besides Signalis, that do it? Or, like, romhacks or mods of the old ones?
Also I guess what is the best way to play RE2, 3, and CV these days? Especially on Steam Deck since that's my main gaming platform these days.

If you're talking about original non-remake RE2 and 3, it's the Resident Evil Seamless HD Project: https://www.reshdp.com/re2/

No idea about setting it up on SteamDeck though.

Sakurazuka posted:

Tormented Souls is a decent indie fixed perspective classic survival horror, though content wise it's closer to Silent Hill than RE

Tormented Souls owns and I'm hella excited for the sequel

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Alisa is pretty interesting. Rough around the edges and borderline unfair at times but I'm pretty sure it's a one-person project.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Sort of an offshoot of the genre, check out the demo for Crow Country. I checked it out, seemed neat.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I just checked and I'm happy P.T remains on my PS4 no matter how aggressively The Man tries to remove any evidence it ever existed :)

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

murderhouse controls like RE but is closer in premise to something like clocktower, still would recommend.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I beat Homebody - ending spoilers ahead.

I am disappointed that it turns out that it was all in her head, and was simply a metaphor for her anxieties and social disorders. I think the game made it more interesting than the usual reveal of its kind, especially since the house is actually grounded in reality, but still. It also does nothing to explain why it seems her friend is experiencing the same events as Emily, who/what Pete is, why Nest had a place in her memories, that stuff. Regardless, I rather enjoyed the game overall, with some fun puzzles and a timeloop structure that does that thing where some things, minor details and such, change over time, which leads me to question what is causing that and why. And unlike a lot of timeloops, I only ever found one point where I needed the clock to reach a particular time, forcing me to just wait.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Morpheus posted:

I beat Homebody - ending spoilers ahead

I've been diligently avoiding spoilers for this game so I haven't read your spoilered text, but as a lover of time loop media, you've rocketed this game up to the top of my list with your posts about it.

Did you enjoy Forgotten City (either the mod or official release)?

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

Morpheus posted:

I beat Homebody - ending spoilers ahead.

Really enjoyed playing through this game, the experience was a lot of fun.

Read After Burning posted:

I've been diligently avoiding spoilers for this game so I haven't read your spoilered text, but as a lover of time loop media, you've rocketed this game up to the top of my list with your posts about it.

I’m sure you’ve probably hit this one already if you like time loop media, but if you haven’t played Outer Wilds yet…

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Read After Burning posted:

Yeah I really liked Forgotten City. Exploring the city, finding out more and more about what's going on with the people and the city as a whole, I quite liked that. I quite liked the ending too, though I've seen some people say that it's a little much.

I'm a big fan of time loop media in general, goofy as it can get.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Working my way through Alan Wake and (second saga chapter) Nursing Home Rose talks about Alan telling her how to kill taken and mentions that hiding the bodies is the hardest part. But Taken just dissolve off into darkness when they die. So she's just been killing normal people, right?

E. I guess they don't dissolve immediately so maybe not, that could more be a engine limitation that they disappear

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 19, 2023

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Murderhouse owned. By far the best thing Puppet has done imo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

CuddleCryptid posted:

Working my way through Alan Wake and (second saga chapter) Nursing Home Rose talks about Alan telling her how to kill taken and mentions that hiding the bodies is the hardest part. But Taken just dissolve off into darkness when they die. So she's just been killing normal people, right?

E. I guess they don't dissolve immediately so maybe not, that could more be a engine limitation that they disappear

You can chalk it up to engine limitations, yeah. Otherwise Saga and Casey wouldn’t even be there, since Nightingale’s body wasn’t the first one found in the rituals

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/Eternoide/status/1726411682203804077?t=XGmBUtq08N_14heVwWQU2w&s=19

what the hell is this

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Parenthood: the greatest horror of all

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I guess the true Silent Hell was raising a family in America

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I can relate because those little twerps can sometimes hit where it hurts

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Shouldn't have adopted a dramatic little person.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:killing:
It's TRAUMA!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Meowywitch posted:

I guess the true Silent Hell was raising a family in America

Genuinely scarier than any knife wielding nurse could be.

At least the nurse probably wouldn't charge you for the stabbing anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why does the child look older than her parents

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Endorph posted:

why does the child look older than her parents

Cause its SPOOKY

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
She got her good

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I hope that child survives the silent hill

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I hope that child survives the silent hill
i hope she does that exact same slap animation on pyramid head

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Been playing Lethal Company with friends and randoms, and it's been fantastic fun. It's all fun and games until your torch runs out and you don't know where the gently caress you are in the dark.

And there's something making noises down the hallway... :ohdear:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

SkeletonHero posted:

It's TRAUMA!

Conveyed with HORRIBLE VOICE ACTING!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Cat Lady for a dollar on Gog https://www.gog.com/en/game/the_cat_lady

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I was able to get in 30 minutes of Killer Frequency, the 80's slasher talk radio game and I adore it so far. The aesthetic is fantastic and, crucially, the voice acting is great for the main characters

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's great though I was extremely annoyed I got someone killed because it didn't read the front of a pizza box properly.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Epic Games store is doing the weird coupon thing again for black friday. Any purchase of $15 or more automatically gets 33% off*, so this might be a good time to pick up Alan Wake 2. I think I'll end up nabbing it.

*Stacks with individual game discounts too, I think

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Does the sale cover Xbox games?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Just the PC Epic store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Finally got a chance to play Lethal Company with a friend and we had a pretty great time with it, wonderful game to play blind and bounce ideas with a friend on what the heck you should be doing. Notable moments were when we got really paranoid about the giant pumpkins on Assurance, since they move when you enter and exit the building and we didn't check the patch notes to see that they were seasonal decorations, and a moment where we got cornered by a giant spider and both elected to just jump to our deaths rather than be eaten by it. The progression in the game is wildly different from what I was expecting, I didn't think the game would have a failure state that essentially sends you to a fresh start. It'll be cool to play around with it more once our other friends pick it up and we can tackle it with a full team.