Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

MikeJF posted:

It'll be Allison and Jagganoth sharing a bottle of whiskey while they slowly freeze to death in the snow as Throne burns behind them.

Notice how Allison doesn’t have breath in the final panels, subtly indicating that she has been wormed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I feel like trying to hurt Jagganoth with the Maybe Sword would be as futile as trying to find a logical loophole around Jadis' perfect knowledge of the future. Allison will be waiting for him to come out of that void, and when he does he'll just be happy that he has somebody to chat with after years spent having only himself to hear his pontifications.

If anything is getting cut, it'll be either Metatron or something much more esoteric.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

cut the wheel to break it lmao so simple

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

really israel could slaughter all these children without our help, I just didn't want to miss out on the chance to participate
Cut yourself. Division is the most holy of arts, after all.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

GlyphGryph posted:

Cut yourself. Division is the most holy of arts, after all.

It's not like we ever discovered YISUN's methodology for divine suicide...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

MikeJF posted:

It'll be Allison and Jagganoth sharing a bottle of whiskey while they slowly freeze to death in the snow as Throne burns behind them.

Let's just wait here and.. see what happens.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Twenty Four posted:

When I saw White Chain hike up her skirt and the panel with the kick windup, then the close up of Dave's head, I was really hoping she was gonna kick a rock or some ice at his melon ala the drunken statue punt from earlier, that being the technique she learned during her binge night lol.

https://x.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1723060771687399489?s=20

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Salami Dave has achieved maximum grill pilling, but unfortunately for him White Chain has not reached such enlightenment yet

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Whirling posted:

Salami Dave has achieved maximum grill pilling, but unfortunately for him White Chain has not reached such enlightenment yet

And thus YISUN clacked the tongs in the Third way

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

that mountain is going to have another chunk taken out of it

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dave's "you wouldn't hit someone wearing glasses, would you?" gambit doesn't pay off.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Alright everyone let’s list everything Dave’s learned from all this I’ll go first:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bussamove posted:

Alright everyone let’s list everything Dave’s learned from all this I’ll go first:

Ice fishing

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Bussamove posted:

"Someone else can do my job after all."

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Enjoy your new hirsute you

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Bussamove posted:

how to enjoy the simple things in life

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

She's been practicing that kick.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

White Chain firmly on the "die like a dog" side of the issue, makes sense considering she physically couldn't before

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

the kuro-no-you-shut-the-gently caress-up-dad

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if Allison could get her own feathers from Metatron. If Zoss can bully the names of God out of Metatron, you'd think some feathers would be fair game
I'm hoping she takes a page from Aesma and just threatens to deck somebody with the Wheel itself. The Red-Eyed King was invulnerable, but that didn't stop him from surrendering.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bell_ posted:

I'm hoping she takes a page from Aesma and just threatens to deck somebody with the Wheel itself. The Red-Eyed King was invulnerable, but that didn't stop him from surrendering.
Unfortunately, I don't think White Chain is enough of a dumbass to do that. She's furious, yes. But, as always, she's too trapped inside her own head.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Twenty Four posted:

When I saw White Chain hike up her skirt and the panel with the kick windup, then the close up of Dave's head, I was really hoping she was gonna kick a rock or some ice at his melon ala the drunken statue punt from earlier, that being the technique she learned during her binge night lol.

Fister Roboto posted:

first thing I thought of "lol where's that post I made the other week?"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Good lord the Angels are worthless. "You're something entirely new, brother! Go away before we get your cooties!"

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Thundarr posted:

I feel like trying to hurt Jagganoth with the Maybe Sword would be as futile as trying to find a logical loophole around Jadis' perfect knowledge of the future. Allison will be waiting for him to come out of that void, and when he does he'll just be happy that he has somebody to chat with after years spent having only himself to hear his pontifications.

If anything is getting cut, it'll be either Metatron or something much more esoteric.

Actually I bet trying to hurt Jadis with the Maybe Sword would open a wormhole or something. Jadis' very nature undoes The Maybe Sword but the sword feels as fundamental as Jadis' knowledge.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

habeasdorkus posted:

Good lord the Angels are worthless. "You're something entirely new, brother! Go away before we get your cooties!"

Yeah 10 Vigs is the only oldstyle angel worth a drat.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Donkringel posted:

Actually I bet trying to hurt Jadis with the Maybe Sword would open a wormhole or something. Jadis' very nature undoes The Maybe Sword but the sword feels as fundamental as Jadis' knowledge.

She just dies because she knows she’s dead, the sword said so.
This may not change how present she can be in the narrative.

E: the Maybe Sword isn’t running off of uncertainty but off of your amor fati, your ability to embrace and declare your life in the face of the world saying you’re dead. Jadis is the single person least capable of telling the Maybe Sword she’s alive of any person ever to live, because she has been completely crushed by the world and What Is, unable to even entertain the possibility of possibilities.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Fuckin...I just learned about this. I don't regularly follow the thread, and I'm not on Tom's patreon, and I don't think he ever mentioned it on the comic's site, so this news never reached me. Animegumi didn't reach out to any customers about this; the last email I have from them was about the Tomie statue from late May 2023.
I just filed a dispute with Paypal, and they instantly denied it because it's been more than 180 days since the payment, and there's no option for appealing the denial and all the other claim options are basically "I got the item but the seller screwed something up or scammed me with an empty box". Trying to modify the claim also got auto-denied, so I guess I'm screwed. I doubt Chase will be able to help me, either.
The claim that "The directors of the Company continue to look to rescue the business of the Company and to facilitate the delivery of pre-ordered goods to customers." is pretty laughable considering they didn't email me about the Cio statue since January.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
If I followed some reddit posts correctly Animegami was just the retailer and not the underlying shop painting the plastic, so there may still be a chance.

Else.there is always the route of a class action lawsuit against their bankruptcy distributions.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Pyroclastic posted:

I doubt Chase will be able to help me, either.

I don't know about paypal (never used it personally) since that throws another wrench in there, but the two or three times ever in many years I've called Wells Fargo and said "I paid for a thing online and didn't get it" they fiddled with things for a few minutes then gave me my money back pretty quickly with little fuss.

That was over the phone, which will probably get you faster and better results than trying to do it online. I was polite, explained the situation, and they took care of things.

With paypal being the middleman, I don't know how that works, but since I think those statues were pretty expensive (at least to me) I would say giving your bank a call is worth a shot if both the original company and paypall are shutting you down.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

We don't know whose problem this is, but it surely isn't ours!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lol that Salami Dave concluded, after all that, that it wasn't his philosophy that was flawed, but just that he wasn't up to the task of making it succeed.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

Lol that Salami Dave concluded, after all that, that it wasn't his philosophy that was flawed, but just that he wasn't up to the task of making it succeed.

Makes perfect sense in that bullshit authoritarian mindset of "our ideology cannot fail; it can only be failed."

Salami Man is a true believer.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Skippy McPants posted:

Makes perfect sense in that bullshit authoritarian mindset of "our ideology cannot fail; it can only be failed."

Salami Man is a true believer.

It's kind of hilarious.

We thought maybe he was humbled and willing to see things through new eyes...

But instead it was him coming to the wrong conclusion that he just wasn't capable of pulling hard enough on his own bootstraps.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bussamove posted:

tree decoration

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Bussamove posted:

agnatic primogeniture is too restrictive

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There Bias Two posted:

It's kind of hilarious.

We thought maybe he was humbled and willing to see things through new eyes...

But instead it was him coming to the wrong conclusion that he just wasn't capable of pulling hard enough on his own bootstraps.

He's been saying for ages he wants someone to replace him after all, it's not his fault the contenders kept losing

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

He's also developed a distinct twist on it, that he got from Gog-Agog: The people will demand a tyrant, even if you don't want to be one. In this new way he's articulating it, legalism - as in, humans must be governed harshly and brought in line - is not a demand made by a philosopher-king to set the world right, but a demand made by the masses who desire for someone else to do it for them.

So it's a shift! But it's not really a good one, he's just adopting more of Gog-Agog's nihilistic opinion of human affairs, and sees the archon of the Law before him as a possible answer to that cry for an impossibly perfect ruler.

He used to believe genuinely in himself, and in the one who would defeat him and replace him as the greater man. I don't think he has faith in a better age anymore, because he wasn't actually prepared for diamond to break.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Pyroclastic posted:

I doubt Chase will be able to help me, either.

Twenty Four posted:

I don't know about paypal (never used it personally) since that throws another wrench in there, but the two or three times ever in many years I've called Wells Fargo and said "I paid for a thing online and didn't get it" they fiddled with things for a few minutes then gave me my money back pretty quickly with little fuss.

That was over the phone, which will probably get you faster and better results than trying to do it online. I was polite, explained the situation, and they took care of things.

With paypal being the middleman, I don't know how that works, but since I think those statues were pretty expensive (at least to me) I would say giving your bank a call is worth a shot if both the original company and paypall are shutting you down.

I agree with Twenty Four that it's worth at least trying to contact your bank, either over the phone or going to a local office in your town if there is one. Either they'll be able to help you out and you'll get the money back, or they'll tell you there's nothing they can do, in which case nothing has really changed from your current situation.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

White Chain is just being too angry about it. We all know the real secret is laughing in Dave’s face and calling him a dumb nerd for having such a dumb idea. It’s been working for Allison recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Bussamove posted:

White Chain is just being too angry about it. We all know the real secret is laughing in Dave’s face and calling him a dumb nerd for having such a dumb idea. It’s been working for Allison recently.
It even worked for White Chain. It's weird she forgot, actually.