Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Both Earl and Kam had years and/or their careers cut short by injuries as well. Kam probably could have been in the Hall on the first or second ballot if he'd played 3 or 4 more seasons at the level before his injury, and if he'd won Super Bowl MVP like he deserved.

I agree that Sherm and Bobby, and maybe Pete because of his sustained regular season success are the only ones who will get in. Frankly, if they'd gotten that second ring, there's a solid chance that with time others on the team like Marshawn would have eventually been inducted. But that's for an alternate better universe to consider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Oh I forgot about Pete, of course he will be in as well.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Out of curiosity, can you submit an entire collective unit for the Hall? Like the Purple People Eaters together? Because while some of its individual parts may not qualify, the Legion of Boom ABSOLUTELY would count as a whole in my book.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I mean, the collective accolade they won was a Super Bowl ring :v: I don't think a collective memorialization would do better than that

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Redeye Flight posted:

Out of curiosity, can you submit an entire collective unit for the Hall? Like the Purple People Eaters together? Because while some of its individual parts may not qualify, the Legion of Boom ABSOLUTELY would count as a whole in my book.

I think this is why Sherman gets in first ballot. That squad was so iconic that you have to acknowledge it in some way, and he's the biggest name of the three.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Black Lighter posted:

I think this is why Sherman gets in first ballot. That squad was so iconic that you have to acknowledge it in some way, and he's the biggest name of the three.

Sherman’s an NFL media personality now, he’s 100% getting in.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

DancingMachine posted:

Gronk I can see the argument. Brown is the Earl Thomas of wide receivers and was never really the best WR or even top 2 when he played. His era was full of equally great WRs.

This is silly. Antonio Brown was the best WR in the league for multiple years on a consistent playoff team that is one of the premier franchises in the NFL. He also had a ton of insane highlight plays. Only reason he may not get in is that he makes TO look like Peter King's golden retriever.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Sherman’s an NFL media personality now, he’s 100% getting in.

49ers legend Richard Sherman makes the amazon prime broadcast work.

I also like the rumor mill making up bs about him being DC for the niners.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mustached Demon posted:

49ers legend Richard Sherman makes the amazon prime broadcast work.

If anything, he would be a great secondary coach. Lord knows the Niners need help there.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

DancingMachine posted:

Gronk I can see the argument. Brown is the Earl Thomas of wide receivers and was never really the best WR or even top 2 when he played. His era was full of equally great WRs.

Please find a way to deliver this message to Antonio Brown without exposing yourself to harm. My gut says it'd be worth the effort.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I think another reason Earl (and safeties in general) was/is under appreciated is the garbage angle of the TV broadcast. You didn’t even see the fella a bunch of plays because he’s covering deep and the ball is purposefully thrown away from him. Crikey!!!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mustached Demon posted:

Yes please.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

AndrewP posted:

Earl was pretty good during 2019 but was memorably punked by Derrick Henry during the playoffs, had some weird poo poo happen with his brother during the offseason and then punched a teammate during camp after being called out for loving up a play.

He was a huge weirdo that nobody liked and the Ravens players basically demanded that he be cut. He wasn't really cut-able from a financial standpoint so it must have gotten really bad from a team culture standpoint that they decided it was worth it anyway.

I just recalled the time Earl flipped off the seahawks - his own team - when he was getting carted off the filed for a broken leg. Crazy people do poo poo like that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I just recalled the time Earl flipped off the seahawks - his own team - when he was getting carted off the filed for a broken leg. Crazy people do poo poo like that.

He was pissed because he was on the last year of his contract and the Seahawks didn’t want to extend him or trade him to someone who would and then he had a season ending injury.

It was pretty understandable at the time.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The incident of him running to the Cowboys locker room after a game asking them to try and sign him in the off-season was a pretty weird thing too.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

seiferguy posted:

The incident of him running to the Cowboys locker room after a game asking them to try and sign him in the off-season was a pretty weird thing too.

Don't have to be sane just have to be big fast and mean.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I just recalled the time Earl flipped off the seahawks - his own team - when he was getting carted off the filed for a broken leg

Nah, he was and is absolutely correct for doing that. They wouldn't pay him or trade him, told him to play if he wanted to earn one, and the leg break came on game 4 https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/01/earl-thomas-middle-finger-seattle-seahawks-nfl-leg-fracture

It was maybe the last understandable thing he did, but it was understandable nonetheless. It's almost 2024, the "management is in the right on all contract holdouts always" mentality needs to die a long-overdue death

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Leperflesh posted:

I think popularity really does matter for HOF votes, especially for non-QBs, and being an unlikeable weirdo does hurt any player's chances.

in the same way people interpret the mvp quite literally to mean the most valuable player to a team, the hof should also only enshrine famous and popular players

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Nah, he was and is absolutely correct for doing that. They wouldn't pay him or trade him, told him to play if he wanted to earn one, and the leg break came on game 4 https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/01/earl-thomas-middle-finger-seattle-seahawks-nfl-leg-fracture

It was maybe the last understandable thing he did, but it was understandable nonetheless. It's almost 2024, the "management is in the right on all contract holdouts always" mentality needs to die a long-overdue death

yeah that broken leg cost him many millions of dollars because he didn't get to hit free agency healthy and coming off a pro bowl season like he might otherwise have, and that's the risk that the team forced on him

what was wrong though was flipping off his teammates, the whole bench, everyone though, it came off like he was mad at the whole group. Maybe he was, I dunno. But it's team management to blame there, not the other players.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Not the first time a seahawk flipped off the bench and coach.

I think Marshawn did that to Pete in a Cardinals game where a goaline situation arose because of a big Lynch run. Then Pete called a pass play so Lynch did not get the TD.

The entirety of Thomas’s career is remembered so differently if he doesn’t get his leg broken that year :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Finally we got our QB of the future

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1723040938539294768

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
For some reason my brain insists Brett Rypien is some guy who played in like the early 90s

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Papercut posted:

For some reason my brain insists Brett Rypien is some guy who played in like the early 90s

he's Mark's nephew, says leperwikipedia

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

JPrime posted:

he's Mark's nephew, says leperwikipedia

There we go, thank you

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Benne posted:

Finally we got our QB of the future

BRB, taunting a friend who's a Seahawks fan

e. Goddamnit, 15 yard penalty

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Going to be optimistic and say I am looking forward to the Seahawks defeating the Washington Football Commanders of Maryland this coming Sunday.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
[wolverine staring at a picture of kam] https://youtu.be/BIgvg0Mm6mY?si=G5YzowBO2FN8Qm3k

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I keep mispronouncing his last name as ripe-peen

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Failson posted:

Going to be optimistic and say I am looking forward to the Seahawks defeating the Washington Football Commanders of Maryland this coming Sunday.

Nobody cares, but my fantasy team would be very happy if one Tyler Lockett would catch many passes and touchdowns against the Washington Football Team on Sunday.

Also, just checking in with my Faithful Goons, how do we feel about this Sunday? Will the real Niners show up again, or are we going to get the fraud team we've seen the past few weeks?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

trilljester posted:

Nobody cares, but my fantasy team would be very happy if one Tyler Lockett would catch many passes and touchdowns against the Washington Football Team on Sunday.

Also, just checking in with my Faithful Goons, how do we feel about this Sunday? Will the real Niners show up again, or are we going to get the fraud team we've seen the past few weeks?

I will believe the niners continue to be frauds until proven otherwise.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

trilljester posted:

Williams apparently isn’t likely to play, but it’s been long enough for Purdy’s brain to congeal. So they’ll probably look good until he takes a big hit and loses 40 points of IQ. The question is how much damage they do before that happens

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mustached Demon posted:

I will believe the niners continue to be frauds until proven otherwise.

I'd love to see Chase Young and Nick Bosa sack the Pretty Boy many times on Sunday, but somehow I'm feeling it's not going to happen. FRAUDS! :smugdon:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

The entire league is fraudulent every year until February. And most years also in February.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

what was wrong though was flipping off his teammates, the whole bench, everyone though, it came off like he was mad at the whole group. Maybe he was, I dunno. But it's team management to blame there, not the other players.

My thoughts exactly.

He'll be cut after the Rams/seahawks game next weekend. He was obviously brought in to provide info.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 11, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

My thoughts exactly… espionage… reconnaissance… Rypien…

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I am not often starstruck but I was 6 years old in St Louis in 1995 and Isaac Bruce is at my bar

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

trilljester posted:

I'm just really nervous, ugly losing streaks when you actually have expectations are no fun at all

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

trilljester posted:

I'm confident in the offence, they've moved the ball down the field well during the 3 game losing streak they've just had turnovers at the most unfortunate times.

The defence, who knows. Having Chase Young has to help the pass rush, but honestly the worst part of the defence has been the run d and that is something that needs to be fixed if this team has any hope of making a deep run in the playoffs.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Criminal Minded posted:

I am not often starstruck but I was 6 years old in St Louis in 1995 and Isaac Bruce is at my bar

"Your" bar, or a bar you're at?

If it's your bar I hope you gave him everything for free as he deserves.

Ike is the man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
The defensive line has been activated.