Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

teen witch posted:

She’s also a massive right winger, explain that

She's actually less massive than she used to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Good for her. Shame about the brain worms.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I mean her wikipedia article suggests she's an active gun control supporter, so that's already pretty much a Democrat right? :v:

:negative:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Phlegmish posted:

I read an article about this the other day, and they quoted the police as saying she had tried to kill her husband (boyfriend?) several times before. No further explanation.

Like is that not illegal in Australia, why was she not in prison

sometimes, when the mercury gets over 40, you just can't be arsed dealing with others

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Same except Fahrenheit

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I read an article about this the other day, and they quoted the police as saying she had tried to kill her husband (boyfriend?) several times before. No further explanation.

Like is that not illegal in Australia, why was she not in prison

Australia IS prison. It started as a British penal colony.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Australia IS prison. It started as a British penal colony.

There's some nice Aboriginals that would like to disagree with you

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

CPColin posted:

Same except Fahrenheit

same except exactly 40 and it's negative so both are the same

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

PittTheElder posted:

I mean her wikipedia article suggests she's an active gun control supporter, so that's already pretty much a Democrat right? :v:

:negative:

Guns are an equalizer between spellcasters and the non-magickal so that's no surprise.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewfnVCT4wtI

stay hydrated!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Water is so expensive though! How am I supposed to afford 8 glasses a day?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Water is so expensive though! How am I supposed to afford 8 glasses a day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GceNsojnMf0

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Say what you will, he's on top of my personal top three of Babylonian dudes. Which is a top three because I can only think of Gilgamesh and Hammurabi other than Ea-Nasir, and neither of the former have brought me as much joy as the latter.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BonHair posted:

the concept of "Australia" absolutely started as a British penal colony, before that it was an uncolonized continent where people were living just fine thanks until the Brits came along

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Also worth noting the reason Australia was a British penal colony was because they lost their previous one (Georgia) after the American Revolution. :911:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The real villains are the Dutch. They arrived, slapped their unpronouncable names on a few geographic features, then left forever. Groote Eylandt!?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I'll see you on the 14th!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Youse should watch the mockumentary Babakiueria from 1986. Which is about an alternate universe where white Australians are the natives and the aboriginals are foreign colonists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL2nH8B_pvs

The film is set in the state of Babakiuera and begins with a scene set during the age of sail where a bunch of White Australians are grilling and suddenly a boat with Aboriginal sailors arrive who ask "What is this place called?" To which the natives reply "Err..This is the barbecue area".

Cut to several centuries later to vox pops of black people talking about how their views on the social problems of White People with some noting that they don't really know any white people. The main plot concerns a White Australian family and their various socioeconomic struggles and the aboriginal journalist hosting the film is constantly condescending to her subjects.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Circulatory system day is the day after lowtax day??

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

BonHair posted:

Say what you will, he's on top of my personal top three of Babylonian dudes. Which is a top three because I can only think of Gilgamesh and Hammurabi other than Ea-Nasir, and neither of the former have brought me as much joy as the latter.

Your haircut makes you look like a Mohenjo-Daren!

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

axolotl farmer posted:

Your haircut makes you look like a Mohenjo-Daren!

Hey axolotl farmer, I'm a Mesapota-miiii-an!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I see Gustave has outed themselves as a CIA operative.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Thank Mr Gustave

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

I see Gustave has outed themselves as a CIA operative.

Comrade Gustave has appropriated CIA assets

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

As someone who has touched the previous hunk of melted slag in the lower right, I really wish people never affiliated with that day would stop calling it the Killdozer.

e: good meme though

kuarduck has a new favorite as of 00:32 on Nov 11, 2023

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kuarduck posted:

As someone who has touched the previous hunk of melted slag in the lower right, I really wish people never affiliated with that day would stop calling it the Killdozer.

And yet :killdozer:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

FreudianSlippers posted:

Youse should watch the mockumentary Babakiueria from 1986. Which is about an alternate universe where white Australians are the natives and the aboriginals are foreign colonists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL2nH8B_pvs

The film is set in the state of Babakiuera and begins with a scene set during the age of sail where a bunch of White Australians are grilling and suddenly a boat with Aboriginal sailors arrive who ask "What is this place called?" To which the natives reply "Err..This is the barbecue area".

Cut to several centuries later to vox pops of black people talking about how their views on the social problems of White People with some noting that they don't really know any white people. The main plot concerns a White Australian family and their various socioeconomic struggles and the aboriginal journalist hosting the film is constantly condescending to her subjects.

incredible

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

It's a good emote too, just a bad name. Only person it killed was its entombed maker

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I would do anything Gustav asked to anyone, anywhere, for that truck. I don't even need the Browning, just that exact truck, in that exact condition.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

kuarduck posted:

thank mr dozzer

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

BonHair posted:

No I think they'd agree that "Australia" started as a series of British prison colonies. Their own nations didn't start then though, obviously, and they might disagree on the validity of the Australian state.

gently caress the haters, I like the crust

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Bike Tory is MvP hundreds of pages running imo, thank you bike tory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The crust is good but it's your little treat for finishing the loaf, you use it as a hat for the rest of the bread and then you toast both crusts at the end.