Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm so fuckin bummed about benetti not just because i feel bad for sox fans who have had one of the most promising teams in the majors turned into complete poo poo through blatant mismanagement from a garbage owner who is also ruining my favorite basketball team, but because as a Certified Baseball Sicko I watch a bunch of Sox games because they're just on here and because the White Sox were extraordinarily funny this year, and Benetti and Stone made those awful games a lot of fun.

Sox fans stopped gloating about the Eloy trade for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Sox fans stopped gloating about the Eloy trade for some reason

I don't know if it was just straight up Cease for Quintana that's all a huge L for Theo. We got owned. Fortunately the Cubs got revenge by getting a 90 OPS+ infielder and a relief pitcher with no functioning arm.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shohei is donating 60,000 baseball gloves to be sent to every single elementary school in Japan. "I'll be looking forward to sharing the field one day with someone that grew up using this glove. "

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm so fuckin bummed about benetti not just because i feel bad for sox fans who have had one of the most promising teams in the majors turned into complete poo poo through blatant mismanagement from a garbage owner who is also ruining my favorite basketball team, but because as a Certified Baseball Sicko I watch a bunch of Sox games because they're just on here and because the White Sox were extraordinarily funny this year, and Benetti and Stone made those awful games a lot of fun.

:same:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

R.D. Mangles posted:

Shohei is donating 60,000 baseball gloves to be sent to every single elementary school in Japan. "I'll be looking forward to sharing the field one day with someone that grew up using this glove. "

can't wait for 50 year old Ohtani to break some high school windows

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't know if it was just straight up Cease for Quintana that's all a huge L for Theo. We got owned. Fortunately the Cubs got revenge by getting a 90 OPS+ infielder and a relief pitcher with no functioning arm.

Eloy is still somehow only 27 so it's still entirely possible he puts a good career together, but man the thing where his legs just spontaneously combust 2-3 times a season is depressing as hell. At least they got two really drat good years out of Cease, even if they were ultimately squandered. Also he absolutely should have won the Cy last year, gently caress Verlander.

The funniest part about Quintana is that he was a consistent 2-3 starter for his whole career before joining the Cubs, then was miserable for them, then as soon as he was free immediately went back to being a consistent 2-3 starter, albeit with some injuries mixed in. Just totally incompatible with however the Cubs' pitching coaches were trying to work with him, I guess.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sydin posted:

Eloy is still somehow only 27 so it's still entirely possible he puts a good career together, but man the thing where his legs just spontaneously combust 2-3 times a season is depressing as hell.

Ask me about outfielders with lower body problems and how optimistic you should be about their future

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Ask me about outfielders with lower body problems

Cixin Liu's much less successful followup

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Ohtani will come to the Mariners just to have Ichiro become his roommate

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

even dumb AI knows that the Rogers Center roof sits on the wrong side of the stadium

https://twitter.com/Jannkeess/status/1722814852316484014

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

bawfuls posted:

even dumb AI knows that the Rogers Center roof sits on the wrong side of the stadium

The Pirates one looks like an Alestorm album cover, which is to say, metal as gently caress.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Brewers one is also cool, Cubs one is terrifying

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bawfuls posted:

Recommend clicking through because this whole thread is pretty cool

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
A very strange mix, but I’m lollin’ at the Padres one

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

IcePhoenix posted:

can't wait for 50 year old Ohtani to break some high school windows

if Ichiro was v1 with his tragic childhood, and Shohei is v2 with a good upbringing just imagine the unstoppable power of the next Japense destroyer who has a great upbringing AND goes outside for non-baseball reasons and knows how to drive a car before they're like 22

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Jake looks better than that AI stadium :colbert:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The Angels one is a JRPG boss battle. Cubs is lmao, imagine the batter having to stare at that in CF

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Marlins and Pirates are rad as hell

lmao at Padres

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Every one of those stadiums has a full crowd of like 500,000 people

Also I think someone lopped off the top of the Sears Tower :ohdear:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Sydin posted:

Eloy is still somehow only 27 so it's still entirely possible he puts a good career together, but man the thing where his legs just spontaneously combust 2-3 times a season is depressing as hell. At least they got two really drat good years out of Cease, even if they were ultimately squandered. Also he absolutely should have won the Cy last year, gently caress Verlander.

The funniest part about Quintana is that he was a consistent 2-3 starter for his whole career before joining the Cubs, then was miserable for them, then as soon as he was free immediately went back to being a consistent 2-3 starter, albeit with some injuries mixed in. Just totally incompatible with however the Cubs' pitching coaches were trying to work with him, I guess.

I'm pretty convinced Eloy's ceiling is Jorge Soler at this point?

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A difference of 12 pounds between highest and lowest doesn't feel that significant to me, that's not even half a pound per player on the 26 man roster

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
The Phillies are frauds!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

IcePhoenix posted:

A difference of 12 pounds between highest and lowest doesn't feel that significant to me, that's not even half a pound per player on the 26 man roster

That's average so it's per player. So a 12 lb difference is an extra Daniel Vogelbach

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I'd put the error bars on MLB player "reported weight" at definitely more than 12 lbs

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

is this average just based on the roster, or weighted based on PAs/batters faced?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Intruder posted:

That's average so it's per player. So a 12 lb difference is an extra Daniel Vogelbach

yeah I don't know why my brain processed it that way but I still don't feel like it's a big difference

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/buster_espn/status/1723088407151382581?s=46

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah who else can so reliably strike out with runners on in the late innings?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Wisconsin jokes keep writing themselves

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Translation: Stop asking us to eat his contract.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah who else can so reliably strike out with runners on in the late innings?

Nick took a dump directly down Atlanta's throat which makes his contract worth it

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Intruder posted:

Nick took a dump directly down Atlanta's throat which makes his contract worth it

:hmmyes:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was not the source

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That seems like they are denying it so he don’t get mad while they are shopping him

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

They got it all screwed up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/Every6thDay/status/1723154339404136927

https://twitter.com/PavlovicNBCS/status/1723155818223485193

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Darn, can't get the twitter links to embed.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

habeasdorkus posted:

Darn, can't get the twitter links to embed.

Just edit x dot com into twitter dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It can also be randomly fucky, the other day only like half of embeds would show up for me, apparently I was the only one. It resolved itself.