Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Barreft posted:

It still hasn't left me.

It's a put on, it's a put on, it's a put on 'OW!' Fezzie's, doing, reads.

if it makes you feel better "Take a Chance on Me" has been in my head all week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

if it makes you feel better "Take a Chance on Me" has been in my head all week

I know "hurrr you smoke weed" but we have medical weed in PA, and I swear they pick the whole Howard Stern prank call list. A 40 year old man sitting in the weed waiting room and this plays:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOIs4UVAby0

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
what’s going on with opie right now I can’t follow it

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
"How's it goin?!" (give it 2 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywEmb41lNdk

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

John Romero posted:

what’s going on with opie right now I can’t follow it

Shelby defends opie by saying opie sucks but lou gomez sucks more

https://x.com/ClassicShelb/status/1726434986574704941?s=20

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Classic Shelb.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shelby was always a snipa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVH_dqvPKS8

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Pontificating rear end posted:

Shelby defends opie by saying opie sucks but lou gomez sucks more

https://x.com/ClassicShelb/status/1726434986574704941?s=20

Shelb's dead-on accurate.

Also, 'think-sinned?' Learn to type, idiot.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Shelb dropping truth bombs on X!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I do like how Opie was best friends with Rich Vos and now they both can't loving stand each other. Wonder what happened there. Vos chose Jim is my guess.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I went to Skank Fest and saw Vos and damned if one of his first jokes wasn't making GBS threads on Opie. I feel I was one of the few people who got the reference because noone else made a noise past my laughter. Vos still just HATES that fucker.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

TGG posted:

I went to Skank Fest and saw Vos and damned if one of his first jokes wasn't making GBS threads on Opie. I feel I was one of the few people who got the reference because noone else made a noise past my laughter. Vos still just HATES that fucker.

Can you give any details on the joke(s)?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Morter posted:

apparently Vos owes Opie some money and he's DODGIN' him

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Wanna buy a dryer…door?

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Morter posted:

It wasn't much, just saying that he's happy that the show wasn't being run by a bunch of Opies, people at Skankfest were pretty fun, he then realized noone knew who the gently caress he was talking about, tried to explain it, said gently caress it and went into his bits. Some drat good crowdwork though. I was lucky to be right in front so I got some of his Gallagher show slobber insults hurled my way.

For all the faults the the Skankfest crowd, both comedian and listener, have, it was a drat fun show with not too much chaos. The final night they had a secret show where they just tore Bill Burr a new rear end in a top hat. Tony Hinchcliffe seems to HATE Burr and Joe Derosa did one of the best 10 minute riffs on Burr's material with one of the best impressions I've ever seen. I saw Cumia at one point but he was destroyed. Marc Maron is a fantastic dude to have a beer with and Ron White loving rocks.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bill Burr? that guy sucks! anyway here's my friend Anthony Cumia

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

TGG posted:

It wasn't much, just saying that he's happy that the show wasn't being run by a bunch of Opies, people at Skankfest were pretty fun, he then realized noone knew who the gently caress he was talking about, tried to explain it, said gently caress it and went into his bits. Some drat good crowdwork though. I was lucky to be right in front so I got some of his Gallagher show slobber insults hurled my way.

For all the faults the the Skankfest crowd, both comedian and listener, have, it was a drat fun show with not too much chaos. The final night they had a secret show where they just tore Bill Burr a new rear end in a top hat. Tony Hinchcliffe seems to HATE Burr and Joe Derosa did one of the best 10 minute riffs on Burr's material with one of the best impressions I've ever seen. I saw Cumia at one point but he was destroyed. Marc Maron is a fantastic dude to have a beer with and Ron White loving rocks.

Ron White's hanging with that circle nowadays? That sounds kinda rad.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TGG posted:

It wasn't much, just saying that he's happy that the show wasn't being run by a bunch of Opies, people at Skankfest were pretty fun, he then realized noone knew who the gently caress he was talking about, tried to explain it, said gently caress it and went into his bits.

It's kinda funny that over nine years later the legacy of O&A is basically a lot of anger among comedians but everybody else is wondering what Andy Griffith has to do with it or that radio show that had church sex take them off the air actually came back for a while on satellite radio to absolutely no fanfare whatsoever.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The fact that Opie’s mentor and idol is Brother Wheeze really tells you everything about him.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

comedians ripping on Opie eh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwzR_GOjCZQ

BRO-THER-MAN-BRO-THER-MAN.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Morter posted:

Ron White's hanging with that circle nowadays? That sounds kinda rad.

He just kinda popped up, dude was awesome regardless. I don't think it was planned at all but he went on after Jaime Kennedy (That dude is a loving rear end in a top hat, I'm not buying your rich rear end a shot you fucker) and completely turned everything around. Got like a 3 minute standing ovation, just chill as hell. He finished his set and said, "Alright if I end up on a stage again don't any of you assholes expect a new set. I'm too old and tired to give a gently caress, great being here though!"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Alternate universe Greg and Tony:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
It’s the Gregg and Tony show
Gregg and Tony show
Gregg and Tony
Got Dr. Norton with sex advice
Wear no bag, spread the hiv

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Kevyn posted:

It’s the Gregg and Tony show
Gregg and Tony show
Gregg and Tony
Got Dr. Norton with sex advice
Wear no bag, spread the hiv

Itssssssssssssss on XM!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
It's Thanksgeeeeeeving

PatrickBateman
Jul 26, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

Alternate universe Greg and Tony:

Art imitates life?

Daryl Hall obtains restraining order against John Oates amid confidential lawsuit
https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/22/entertainment/daryl-hall-restraining-order-john-oates/index.html

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

TGG posted:

Tony Hinchcliffe seems to HATE Burr and Joe Derosa did one of the best 10 minute riffs on Burr's material with one of the best impressions I've ever seen.

Ol Billy Burr was really irritated by the Kill Tony shtick, and poo poo all over Tony Hinchecliff's face in front of his audience
so I'm not surprised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks8sVeaCCW0

this guy made a whole breakdown on it

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
So all these guys hate Bill Burr now? Why?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Sheen Sheen posted:

I don’t think they all do. I think it’s just Ant because Bill decided he probably shouldn’t be associated with a known vocal Nazi.

Edit;: oh didn’t scroll up. You were talking about out the skankfest comics, gently caress I don’t know, it’s be interesting to know.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

It's either because he's in an interracial marriage or because he's more successful than they are OP. Any other reasons are bullshit imo.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Anthony said Bill’s wife was ugly too. Then tried to talk to him at some comedy club and Bill had Club Soda Kenny throw him out.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Another Bill posted:

It's either because he's in an interracial marriage or because he's more successful than they are OP. Any other reasons are bullshit imo.

Amazing how these 'tellers of truth in the vein of Hicks and Carlin' are just the pettiest of assholes. Guess life sucks when they have to make people laugh without punching down.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
At least with Tony it sounded like an issue with Bill business wise, he was flat dropping numbers of how much Bill pays people and how poo poo he is as a dude to work with. He reallllly realllly went in and it seemed to be primarily business based. No idea about DeRosa but he was incredible as an impressionist.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

That breakdown is hilarious, that kid thinks he's like a comedian biologist

Hinchcliffe has a Corvette with a license plate that says "IROAST"

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Burr and DeRosa used to have a podcast, right? I remember liking what I heard. Never knew of any fallout between the two.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

empty baggie posted:

Burr and DeRosa used to have a podcast, right? I remember liking what I heard. Never knew of any fallout between the two.

It was called "Uninformed"

coocoo
Aug 11, 2000

Sheen Sheen posted:

DeRosa and Ari Shaffir did a show at Skankfest and the premise was they would poo poo on any comic that the audience shouted out. No phones were allowed at the show.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Szyznyk posted:

Anthony said Bill’s wife was ugly too. Then tried to talk to him at some comedy club and Bill had Club Soda Kenny throw him out.

To be fair to Ant, that doesn't have to be about her race that he found her unattractive. It could be that she was over 15.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
im not loying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Morter posted:

It was called "Uninformed"

it was fun, but kinda lost steam after 5-6 episodes, this was pre-podcast revival when comics were trying to get little weekly shows on satellite radio for a pittance and exposure, rather than just chilling at home with a voice memo app and stacking sweet patreon bux