Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

That's the "Fireworks of Shibuya" incident that people sometimes talk about. It was hella rad, and you can find compilations on YouTube now that you know the phrase "Fireworks of Shibuya."

The actual mech building happens at about 1:02:00ish, mission starts at about 1:04:30, the Cool Moment is at about 1:10:00. If you don't speak Japanese, then you can probably watch this without getting any spoilers or anything.

If you don't want to risk even that much, here's more or less what happened: They plucked some guy (a series vet, apparently) out of the audience, he assembled an AC in a hurry which included a pair of gatling guns, and then proceeded to do well in the mission. And then oh no, a big ship shows up, but he runs out of ammo in the gatlings! So they are automatically discarded, but the mission isn't over, so he gets up on the deck of the ship and just punches the bridge out, before returning to the ground and punching the last few enemies to death. And then they give him a shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Incidentally, since release, ammo counts on most of the rapid-fire weapons have been buffed so now if you have a reasonable amount of trigger control you won't run out partway through a mission.

Ludlows are good now! They were also good before but now you don't run out so easily if you spray and pray like me.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Short, controlled bursts is the way to go- unless you're in a boss fight, in which case just hold down the trigger and never let up.
The key to machine guns is really range, though. Somewhere between AC3 and last raven they dramatically reduced the projectile velocity of machine guns so you don't hit poo poo unless you are right up in your target's face, and for the most part that's still true in AC6. Ludlows, fast legs, a blade and unbridled aggression were the key to me beating the next boss we're going to see.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Just checking in to tell everyone I have not forgotten about this LP. I just got really lazy this week AND had my booster shots which knocked me on my rear end for a day among other stuff, but the commentary for Video 4 is recorded, so I'll try to get it out some time tomorrow or Sunday.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i am very happy that we're getting "slight delay because i'm tired" instead of "big delay because i literally almost died" this time :shobon:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

biosterous posted:

i am very happy that we're getting "slight delay because i'm tired" instead of "big delay because i literally almost died" this time :shobon:

God, you almost die once and you never live it down :rolleyes:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Good job, Crow, get some rest.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Crazy Achmed posted:

Good job, Crow, get some rest.

I am currently resting comfortably in the fishtank, dreaming of more mech murder.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

God, you almost die once and you never live it down :rolleyes:

I mean, I know this guy who died for less than a week, and almost nobody talked about anything else. Rumor went he had to move to France and ditch his family just so people would stop hassling him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So I've got the next update ready to go, but it's a little late to post it now, so I'll do it tomorrow morning.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

I have discovered a truly marvelous proof of this, which this margin is too narrow to contain.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Guns to the Wall

Part 4: Guns to the Wall

Overview: 621 conducts a series of operations for both Balam and Arquebus directly, striking vital RLF assets and infrastructure before joining an all-out assault on the Liberation Front’s stronghold, the Wall.

REDGUNS

The in-house AC force of Balam Industries. Led by the brazen career military man G1 Michigan, the Redguns established themselves as heroes during the Jupiter War, with Michigan emerging from the conflict as the best of the best (though not with Balam, more on that later). With the RLF proving to be more trouble than Balam was expecting, the Redguns are seeing more and more action lately, albeit with some spotty success on Rubicon.

We’ve already encountered one of their members prior to the Galia Dam mission, or rather what was left of them: G7 Hakra. We also meet G4 Volta and G5 Iguazu in this update. Balam has also provided 621 with a custom AC spec’d to Michigan’s standards for a newly minted inductee to the Redguns, the G13 Tenderfoot. Despite 621 being the unofficial G13, the numbered Redguns Armored Core 6 concerns itself with tops out at 7, so we will not be seeing G8 through G12.

And for the record, the “G” in each Redgun’s name is pronounced as “Gun”, so as G13, 621 is officially “Gun 13”.

As a matter of trivia, all members of the Redguns including their MT pilots are named after rivers. This includes us, as there is both a Tenderfoot Creek in Wisconsin, and a Raven River in Alberta. Also, G7 Hakra, the dead Redgun we encounter in Illegal Entry, is named for a dried up river, the Hakra River in Pakistan.

VESPERS

The Vespers are Arquebus’s answer to the Redguns. A PMC force of augmented human AC pilots normally only called in under exceptional circumstances, but who have been seeing much more action than anticipated here on Rubicon.

The group is led, ostensibly, by the reclusive V.I Freud, though his second in command V.II Snail currently acts as the public face of the Vespers. V.VIII Pater also operates as the mission contract liaison for Arquebus Corporation on Rubicon. From here on out, all of our mission requests from Arquebus and their subsidiaries will relayed to us by Pater.

Unlike the Redguns, who are each independent operators, each numbered Vesper is the commander of their own squad of AC and MT forces and have a vital role in Arquebus’s corporate command structure on Rubicon under Snail—er, I mean under Freud's leadership. The Redguns, meanwhile, capitulate to Michigan directly and have no additional duties besides their ability to pull a trigger and hopefully not die too quickly.

Vesper designations are pronounced “Vee” then their number written in Roman numerals. So V.IV Rusty would be pronounced as “Vee Four Rusty” when said out loud. In the Japanese version, the V is instead pounced as the full word “Vesper”.

The Vespers are each named after various artists, authors, scientists, and philosophers who’ve contributed to modern culture as a whole: Sigmund Freud, Salivdor Dalí (Snail, more on that later), Georgia O’Keefe, David Hawkins, Maurice Maeterlinck, Algernon Charles Swinburne, and Walter Pater. The only one who breaks that pattern is V.IV Rusty, who is instead named after a painting by Leon Kelly known as “Rusty, Number 619” which is currently in the possession of the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art.

FURLONG DYNAMICS

An industry leader in rocketry and computer guidance systems. Balam and Arquebus wouldn’t even be ON Rubicon in the first place if not for Furlong Dynamics Corporation.

Most starships utilize Furlong engines, reactors and computer telemetry systems in their construction and the firm has even introduced a line of well-received AC parts to keep up with the advent of Armored Core technology. While Furlong has no official operations on Rubicon itself, its reach is still felt regardless, as nearly one out of every three ACs on Rubicon can be found sporting one type of Furlong part or weapon or another.

Furlong and Balam have a history of bad blood, including the Jupiter War incident, where the companies clashed in a heated conflict across the Jovian colonies of the Sol system. Balam was able to emerge victorious, and Furlong soon faded into the background of galactic commerce, adopting a neutral stance as other rivals like Arquebus emerged to challenge Balam in their stead.

Furlong Dynamics has sent agents to Rubicon to monitor Balam and Arquebus’s Coral survey and the growing conflict between them, though what their endgame might be is anyone’s guess.

In addition to Boosters and FCS parts, Furlong’s main offerings for AC parts and missiles, missiles, and a few more missiles, as a treat. These parts can be found on both the left and right back slots and the left and right arm slots as well.

G1 Michigan

Pilot of the AC Liger Tail, the commander of the Redguns has been described as “hell on four legs” by both friends and foes alike. Boisterous and militaristic, Michigan runs the Redguns like a caricature of an American army general or an R. Lee Ermy-style drill instructor, and everyone are his privates, no matter what rank they are, even if they’re not Balam employees.

He was once the commander of the Furlong Dymanics Armed Fleet, and won renown during the Jupiter War, becoming known as the “Hero of Jupiter” or the “Hero of the Jupiter War” for his legendary exploits. After the war, he was headhunted by Balam to take over command of their AC squad the Redguns. As a result, G1 Michigan commands the respect and loyalty of the men and women serving under him, many coming to see him as a fatherly figure. He might yell and curse and insult you, but he’ll always remember your name, who you are, and what you’ve accomplished, and he’ll always respect you if you earn it, even if you betray that respect with your actions.

Michigan is probably the most dangerous man currently alive on Rubicon. Don’t believe me? He once put out a bounty on himself on Balam’s corporate intranet with the stipulation that half of the reward be distributed among his former comrades at Furlong in the event he was actually killed.

Never let it be said that Mean Old Michigan doesn’t remember where he came from.

Michigan takes his name from the Michigan River, which, ironically flows through the state of Colorado.

G1 Michigan is voiced by DC Douglas, better known for his roles as Albert Wesker in multiple Resident Evil games, Legion in the Mass Effect trilogy, and Dr. Schroeder in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.

V.II Snail

Deputy commander of the Vespers AC force and leader of the Vespers 2nd Squad. Snail pilots the heavyweight AC Open Faith. While Snail is officially the second-in-command of the Vespers, he is functionally its leader due to the continued absence of V.I Freud from seemingly all command-level meetings and discussions within Arquebus. Not that that seems to put off Snail in any way, in fact he seems to enjoy holding power over others, perhaps a bit too much.

Snail is an Eighth Generation augmented human, though as more advanced methods and technologies availed themselves, Snail has continually “upgraded” his augmentation through follow up surgeries. It is currently unknown what generation of augment Snail could even be classified as, but many fellow augmented humans have died to ensure the absolute safety of Snail’s enhancements.

A cold and calculating man, Snail is the antithesis of Michigan in every way possible. His sneering disdain for every other person in the universe is readily apparent just from listening to him for even a moment. Snail would gladly sacrifice every man, woman and child on Rubicon, friend and foe alike if he had to, purely to be rid of their annoyance.

In addition to being the executive officer of the Vespers, Snail is also the head of Arquebus’s “re-education” program. His AC, Open Faith, is also one of the few units on Rubicon equipped with parts from Arquebus’s Advanced Development Division (AAD), the corporation's special research skunkworks subsidiary.

Snail takes his name from a saying attributed to Salvador Dalí regarding Sigmund Freud after their first and only encounter. Dalí later said of the meeting, “Freud’s cranium is a snail! His brain is in the form of a spiral – to be extracted with a needle!”. Something to keep in mind for when we eventually meet V.I Freud in person.

Dalí had a long history of saying weird poo poo and acting like a deranged weirdo, not just painting weird poo poo too, so a remark like that shouldn’t exactly surprise anyone. Freud, meanwhile, was more impressed with Dalí than Dalí was with him. No doubt getting to observe the Sultan of Surrealism in person was the opportunity of a lifetime for Freud, whose whole pesudoscientific business was observing insane fucks like Dalí.

V.II Snail is voiced by Jonathan Lipow, known for voicing Wrecking Ball in Overwatch and Overwatch 2 alongside Dee Bradly Baker, Beelzebub in Afterparty, Unicron in Netflix’s Transformers: War for Cybertron trilogy, and Captain Titov in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

V.IIII Pater

Commander of the Vespers 8th Squad, pilot of the AC Dual Nature, and mercenary liaison officer for the Arquebus Corporation.

Being the lowest-ranking Vesper and a glorified administrative assistant among Arquebus’s forces on Rubicon, Pater is looked upon by other members of the Vespers, particularly V.V Hawkins and V.III O’Keefe as a little brother figure. Chipper, friendly and eager to please, Pater has also tried to model himself off of V.II Snail’s ruthlessly calm professionalism, to varying success. The way he flips back and forth between the two dispositions, it almost seems like there’s two Paters at times depending on the situation and V.VIII’s stress levels.

Being one of the younger, perhaps the youngest member of the Vesbers, Pater is a Generation Ten human augment--the latest and most advanced generation of augmentation currently available.

As noted earlier, Pater will be our Arquebus corporate liaison from here on out. He already was, but now we have a name and a face, for lack of a better term, to put to our Arquebus briefing guy. Any requests from Arquebus or Schneider from now on will be relayed to us by Pater.

Pater takes his name from English essayist and art critic William Pater, whose works went on to influence many Modernist poets and novelists like James Joyce, T. S. Elliot, Ezra Pound, and W. B. Yates, among others.

V.III Pater currently has no known or acknowledged credited voice actor for the English version of Armored Core 6. Bandai Namco doesn’t credit their English voice casts directly, so any voice actor credits for their games are either self-reported or just best guesses by fans.

G4 Volta

A mid-ranked member of the Redguns and pilot of the tank tread AC Cannon Head. Volta is a belligerent and loudmouthed insubordinate member of the Redguns who has repeatedly been marked as “combative” by Balam HQ. After a series of particularly disruptive incidents, he and fellow pilot G5 Igauzu have been placed under G1 Michgan’s direct disciplinary supervision for the foreseeable future.

Michigan has resolved to make something out of Volta by any brutal means necessary. Volta, conversely, resolved to one day punch the living daylights out of Michigan, abandon the Redguns and get the hell off of Rubicon while the getting’s still good. Though recently he appears to have abandoned the prospect of desertion after being placed under the tutelage of G3 Wu Huahai. Thanks to G3’s efforts, Volta has come to respect Michigan at least, and has lobbied the commander to give Iguazu another chance as well.

Volta takes his name from the Volta River of Ghana in Africa. The river has three main tributaries, the Red Volta, the White Volta, and the Black Volta all emptying into Lake Volta in the south before reaching the Gulf of Ghana.

G4 Volta has no credited English voice actor.

G5 Iguazu

Iggy.

Pilot of the AC Head Bringer, Iguazu is the closest thing Volta has to a friend in general and in the Redgun’s in particular. Snide, surly and constantly miserable, Iguazu has been flagged with just about every demerit and warning mark you can think of by Balam HQ and recommended for discharge multiple times, yet G1 Michigan sees something in the boy that no one else apparently does.

Iguazu, like 621, is a Gen Four augmented human. Though unlike 621, Iggy seems a little more “with it,” cognitively at least… maybe. He was forced to undergo human augmentation against his will after racking up an astronomical amount of debt. When his debtors came to collect, it was his humanity that they repossessed in payment. He was then sold to Balam Industries to recoup their losses and placed under the command of G1 Michgan as the new Gun 5.

He became fast friends with the similarly combative outsider G4 Volta and together they struggled against Balam’s militaristic rigidity until they one day decided to take out their frustrations on their commander, thinking him to be nothing but talk. The Hero of Jupiter quickly showed them the error of their ways, and Iguazu, it’s said, has never truly recovered from beating Michigan bestowed upon him.

G5's backstory references the original way Human PLUS augmentation was unlocked in the original Armored Core; a process that involved the player going into debt past a certain number of credits, at which point the game would stop and a cutscene showing your Raven character forcibly undergoing surgical enhancements would play. You'd then restart the game with added abilities which would, in theory, make it easier to play. You could do this multiple times, unlocking more abilities each time.

Iguazu is named after the Iguazu River of Brazil and Argentina, also known as the Rio Iguassu. Along its run near the southern border of Brazil also lies Iguazu Falls, one of the largest waterfalls in the world.

G5 Iguazu is voiced by Griffin Burns, known for roles such as Muichiro Tokito in the Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba franchise, Nagi Karman in Scarlet Nexus, and Tartaglia in Genshin Impact.

V.IV Rusty

Buddy.

Commander of the Vespers 4th Squad and pilot of the AC Steel Haze, V.IV seems to be the odd man out among the Vespers in many ways. A self-professed Gen Eight human augment (though this has not been verified by any official sources), Rusty does not appear to have any additional responsibilities within Arquebus Corporation unlike his fellow Vespers.

Originally an independent mercenary like 621, he was initially recruited by Schneider as part of a talent scouting program, and eventually zeroed in on by the Vespers, catching V.II Snail’s eye after a string of stellar operations for Schneider. In under six months he’d gone from a mercenary hound to a full-branded numbered Vesper—an unheard of rise to prominence. There should be no doubting his skills as an AC pilot.

It’s clear though that Rusty is chaffing under the corporate control of Arquebus, as depicted on his Vesper emblem, that of a muzzled wolf, caged and tamed. In Raven, he finds a potential comrade, or at least a curious counterpart on the outside, someone with the freedom he no longer has with all his power and responsibility in the Vespers.

After all, ravens and wolves have along history of comradery in the wild on Earth. What’s to say that won’t prove true on Rubicon too?

As mentioned earlier, Rusty takes his name from a painting of a wolf done by American artist Leon Kelly titled “Rusty, Number 619”.

V.IV Rusty is voiced by Chris Hackney, known for voicing everyone’s favorite ghost goat twink husbando King Rauru in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Dimitri in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes and Fire Emblem Engage, and Keith Norman in Detective Pikachu and Detective Pikachu Returns.

Index Dunham

Pilot of the AC Burn Pickaxe and a member of the Rubicon Liberation Front’s inner circle of commanders. Index Dunham was the commander of the Galia Dam contingent, charged with keeping the power flowing to the Wall and preventing the corporations from advancing on the RLF stronghold.

Originally a blue collar worker who helped build the Grid during the initial colonization of Rubicon, Dunham is a Cinder, one of the survivors of the Fires of Ibis. When Father Dolmayan began to preach of a Rubicon free from the oppression of the PCA and the Closure System, a Rubicon that lived in symbiosis with the Coral, Dunham was one of the first to join the leader’s cause.

He is zealously dedicated to the RLF’s dream of a free Rubicon and is more than willing to die to make it a reality for others.

Index Dunham’s code name is based on the index finger of the human hand.

There is no credited voice actor for Index Dunham.

THE JUPITER WAR

A conflict that raged across Jupiter’s lunar colonies between Balam Industries and Furlong Dynamics several years ago. The fierce fighting saw the emergence of the Redguns as the premiere AC force in Earth Government controlled space and the obliteration of the Furlong Armed Fleet. Though they did not go down without a fight, however, as the Armed Fleet’s commander, a man known as Michigan, emerged from the conflict with the moniker the “Hero of the Jupiter War” for his exploits.

With Furlong’s power shattered, Balam claimed victory and began to surge outward across the galaxy, eventually staking a claim to Rubicon via the PCA. Michigan’s heroism in the war saw him headhunted by Balam and given command of the Redguns, becoming G1 or Gun 1 Michigan, and his reputation would precede him from that point forward.

The Jupiter War is one of the few events in the game that’s not directly tied to Rubicon and its history and gives us the briefest glimpse at the larger world outside of ISB2262. If nothing else, at least we know that the Sol System is still around and still inhabited, or at least Jupiter and its moons are in the time of Armored Core 6, with the implication that Earth is probably also still around as well, despite basically every Armored Core’s best efforts to blow it the gently caress up all the time.

GALIA DAM

Originally the site of a massive hydro-electric dam complex in Southern Belius, the Fires of Ibis creating a nuclear winter and knocking Rubicon III off its rotational axis have seen the river permanently freeze as the southern continent turned glacial. The dam complex now provides power via other unspecified means through above ground generator complexes and serves as a staging area for RLF forces close to the Wall.

With the generators destroyed, main power to the Wall and its outlying facilities has been hobbled in preparation for a corporate assault on the fortress.

THE STRIDER

Known as the flagship of the Rubicon Liberation Front’s war efforts, the mining vessel known as the EB-0309 Strider is a massive six-legged mobile mining and refinery platform original used during the early colonization of Rubicon to extract the raw materials from the planet needed to construct the Grid.

Having survived the Fires of Ibis and the abuse it took building Rubicon in the first place, the Strider was reclaimed, retrofitted and armed by the Rubicon Liberation Front to serve as a walking battleship. Up to this point, the Strider has been a major piece of leverage against both Balam and Arquebus, with neither firm having much in the way of weaponry to counter the Strider directly themselves. Not without sustaining significant losses, anyway.

The main weapon of the Strider is a massive laser canon known as the Eye. The weapon is so powerful it can nearly melt an Armored Core in a single blast at effective range, though the Eye’s firepower does diminish the closer one is to its aperture. Destroying the Eye will cause a chain reaction that will obliterate the Strider.

If the Strider is lost, the RLF’s offensive capabilities with drop dramatically.

THE WALL

Originally a trading outpost in Southern Belius, the Rubicon Liberation Front has fortified “the Wall” into their operational headquarters in their war against the corporations and the PCA.

Both Balam and Arquebus have been trying for some time now to take the Wall and eradicate the RLF for good, but neither firm has had any real success, and their losses are mounting. V.II Snail’s Operation Wallclimber will be the Vespers’ last attempt at breaching the complex after the Redguns’ failed attempt resulted in the loss of G4 Volta without even making it inside.

The proverbial wall the corporations keep slamming into in their attempts to scale the actual wall, of course, is the Juggernaut.

THE JUGGERNAUT

You can’t stop this motherfucker.

The HA-T-102 Juggernaut is a mobile heavy weapons platform owned and operated by the Rubicon Liberation Front and tasked with defending the Wall. It can be found on the top level of the Wall itself, taking advantage of its position to rain artillery fire down on any fool brazen enough to approach it from any direction.

In addition to its mass of armor plating, the giant tank tread construct has multiple artillery cannons, missile launchers, point defense machine gun turrets, and rear-mounted trip mine deployers. It is propelled by a set of four rear-mounted Furlong Dynamics booster rockets and 14 forward-facing RCS thrusts to slow and reverse the monster once it is at speed.

Capable of reaching speeds in excess of 500 mph, the preferred tactic of the Juggernaut’s commander at close range is to simply ram enemies who get too close and use the Juggernaut’s tower shield-like front end and raw mass to batter enemies to death in a single destructive hit at top speed.

The key to defeating the Juggernaut is to get behind it and strike its weak point to stagger it, then lay on the damage while it tries to recover.

The Gooncensus in action in all of its glory.

So The Gooncensus, while looking like a piece of poo poo, actually handled pretty well. But I’m bored with it now. So BUILD ME A NEW AC, YA MAGGOTS! And don’t screw it up or I’ll call in some favors and get Dan and Leal to start throwin’ people back in solitary. DO YOU HEAR ME THREAD 13?

That’s what I thought.

Ya’ll know the drill. Part by part. One per goon. Then we paint it.

So give me some weapons for a pair of missions where we’re gonna
  • wander around and play detective
  • inspect the RLF’s hot water tank

Fix yer poo poo, losers.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 15, 2024

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Big FK OFF back mounted laser cannon, first dibs on the energy for it

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Left hand Ludlow GOGOGO

Slaan fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 20, 2023

Ismene
Apr 26, 2012
Pillbug
Slap a VP-20S in that machine. Give those laser cannons some juice.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I have a request, if we're sticking with the Gooncensus' pattern/decals throughout the game, you should slightly reduce the weathering as the game goes on to represent the core getting cared for during active use, so it's a full-on gaudy eyesore by the endgame.

Anyway, parts. Give me the biggest, fattest, most powerful engine we currently have access to. VP20S has already been taken, give me a Vvc-760PR

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 20, 2023

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Edit: Nevermind.

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 20, 2023

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

I don't know the customization options very well but here goes:

Design a mech based on Eeyore's colour scheme. A depressed-looking mech will lure the enemy into thinking you're weaker than you actually are.

RGBs for:
Main Body Gray 111 109 117
Lighter Gray 143 140 157
Bow on Tail 124 102 112
Mouth/Inner Ears 71 34 35

theenglishman fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 20, 2023

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Dang, that thing ended up very spry. Awesome.

JT Jag posted:

I have a request, if we're sticking with the Gooncensus' pattern/decals throughout the game, you should slightly reduce the weathering as the game goes on to represent the core getting cared for during active use, so it's a full-on gaudy eyesore by the endgame.

I like this idea.

I think we still have a shoulder free? The Vvc-70VPM seems fit for thoughtful deductive reasoning.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Didn't notice Iguazu's decal was a severed beetle head carried by ants, just though it was a hercules beetle until now.

Anyway, Snail is a dick. That's pretty much it to describe him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

V.I Fraud and V.II Fail

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

put a Curtis on it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can't pull yourself away from chatting with your co-commentator? Why don't you start a podcast and Stitchfix your drat mouth shut!

E: The wildest thing about the Strider is that it's like

half the size of Elden Ring's world map

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 21, 2023

Nuclear Kitten
Sep 30, 2021
I think that Volta guy is onto something with his AC design. Let's use the DF-HD-08 Tian-Qiang (That's the head, to clarify). Also, (stuff that didn't come up in the episode but is available) is there any particular reason we didn't see the Volta log at the Wall?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

please use the dakka-est gun available, damage and accuracy do not matter, all that matters is having as many bullets on screen at once as possible

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

biosterous posted:

please use the dakka-est gun available, damage and accuracy do not matter, all that matters is having as many bullets on screen at once as possible

i believe the highest rate of fire gun we have right now is the Ludlow, which has already been requested!

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Stick a handgun like the Coquillet or similar big handgun in your right hand, and colour it bright reflective gold.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

i believe the highest rate of fire gun we have right now is the Ludlow, which has already been requested!

I'm debating whether to keep playing things straight or just give in to the conceit of this being a semi-new game+ LP and just unveil the holster-switching mechanic now or wait until the point in the LP where we'd get access to it on a normal playthrough. Because having the option of up to four arm weapons would give people the chance to throw more suggestions onto the pile.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm debating whether to keep playing things straight or just give in to the conceit of this being a semi-new game+ LP and just unveil the holster-switching mechanic now or wait until the point in the LP where we'd get access to it on a normal playthrough. Because having the option of up to four arm weapons would give people the chance to throw more suggestions onto the pile.
I'd show stuff like that off during one of the one-off missions where separate user-submitted mechs are used (like you did with the Gundam), but hold off on making that an option for the Goonsensus until it unlocks

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

This is a long game. You'll have time to show it all off.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Pyro Jack posted:

Didn't notice Iguazu's decal was a severed beetle head carried by ants, just though it was a hercules beetle until now.

I always saw it as a beetle unsheathing a katana for some reason, probably the shadow. Also, looking at Igazu's loadout we can see it is a slightly upgraded version of the Trainer AC. Sure its using the C3 variant of the Melander and a slightly better generator, but aside from the pulse shield he's running the same weapon loadout as the Trainer. sucks to be the guy using a slightly upgraded version of the Allmind provided universal punching bag.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

"Hello, I am VVIVIVIVIVIV Corp rear end in a top hat. I have devised a genius plan that you should be honored to even be a part of. Here is my genius plan: go to where the enemy is, adn then kill them"

Ismene
Apr 26, 2012
Pillbug
The trainer AC isn't -that- terrible. Its worst crimes are being pretty underequipped for its weight and generator and being flat 50% grey Give it a decent pilot and it'd do alright. Maybe not amazing, like LOADER 4, it's... just lacking firepower. Unlike LOADER 4, it doesn't have the pulse blade to make up for it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Brutal Garcon posted:

"Hello, I am VVIVIVIVIVIV Corp rear end in a top hat. I have devised a genius plan that you should be honored to even be a part of. Here is my genius plan: go to where the enemy is, adn then kill them"

"I expect you to die because until I see proof otherwise, I consider you to be an imbecile. My adjutant will handle the rest of the briefing. I am bored of speaking to you now."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Waffleman_ posted:

E: The wildest thing about the Strider is that it's like half the size of Elden Ring's world map

Size of the Strider:

Total Length: 4953m
Height: 1280m

Zulli the Witch did a video on the Strider. The first half has spoilers for another fight later in the game, so I queued up the video to start at 1:48 which shows off the size of the Strider and skips all the spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9XHn33WWHo&t=108s

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Nov 21, 2023

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Ah I lost the thread for a while, but it has not disappointed me yet. I do want the share code for the Gooncensus. So that I may fight my friends in yet another Eyesore.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
One lore question I have is why are the corporations allowed on Rubicon at all?

The PCA seems pretty determined to keep anyone off the planet with their giant space eye. They also don't seem to want people using coral ever again. But that's the sole reason the corps are on the planet.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

One lore question I have is why are the corporations allowed on Rubicon at all?

The PCA seems pretty determined to keep anyone off the planet with their giant space eye. They also don't seem to want people using coral ever again. But that's the sole reason the corps are on the planet.

Politics. And it isn't the PCA's job to never have coral used again, it is to prevent another fires of ibis via restricting the export of Coral on a large scale

Armored Core is a corporate dystopian future, the corporations are the government more or less. Balam and Arquebus are arguing that Coral can still be farmed safely and that there is enough on Rubicon still for use in limited quantities without doing another Fires of Ibis. On the surface the surveys are meant to be limited and then they go to whatever the corporate courts are and argue a case to lift closure etc, goes on for years maybe, behind that, probably gonna smuggle what they can get off planet for huge profits. Got to remember that Rubicon is still an inhabited planet, the survivors still do work/trade/etc in limited amounts, Balam and Arquebus are both hiring pilots from the Rubiconian population since I think they are very limited in bringing in off planet materials and personnel. This is why basically everyone is using BAWS MTs, because the PCA can't restrict the local corporation from doing local business on the planet... locally. And that is because at the end of the day this is a corporate run future, and BAWS would sue the poo poo out of the PCA for stepping across their line.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Cheers for that.

Fromsoft is always really oblique with their lore and I've only seen a lovely LP of the game which avoided the plot almost completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Cheers for that.

Fromsoft is always really oblique with their lore and I've only seen a lovely LP of the game which avoided the plot almost completely.

This is also why for the example The Wall is an actual obstacle, the PCA is restricting where the corps are allowed to survey and is I think restricting the airspace as well. The city that we got the ID in was a restricted zone as well, hence the huge helicopter patrolling there, and shooting at people without clearance.