Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

he's been on fire for awhile now. the previous one was really good

glad he's mostly got over his withdrawls and illnesses. MSJ is probably my favorite pod guy of all time

same, his empathy and pathos for the subjects he tackles bleeds through every word, and his framework for viewing the current mat/con seems completely unassailably logical and instructive, like i've been saying for years we need someone to pin down and create that for the west in the 21st century and he might be the guy with the ideas or at least the sparks of them, all the fourth reich poo poo and contextual connective tissue is super important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dikkfor posted:

I believe you're thinking of Street Fight Radio.

they are

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
yall like keith and the girl

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I don’t listen to the Trillbillies, but I like the guys

are they okay?

is it just Brett who’s doing… not so good?

e: autocorrect messed up the TBs

hadji murad has issued a correction as of 03:56 on Nov 11, 2023

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

hadji murad posted:

I don’t listen to trill likes, but I like the guys

are they okay?

is it just Brett who’s doing… not so good?

IIRC bryan is doing fine and working on his own projects, brett.......... is doing the best he can

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’ve been a regular Guys listener. I think the most recent Audiophiles episode was one of the best yet.

Having a knowledgeable guest on a subject was a tremendous help. I know it’s hard finding an expert on lawns to give insight on lawn guys, or if thats even worthwhile… but having an audio expert really enhanced this ep (and kept Chris focused)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hadji murad posted:

I’ve been a regular Guys listener. I think the most recent Audiophiles episode was one of the best yet.

Having a knowledgeable guest on a subject was a tremendous help. I know it’s hard finding an expert on lawns to give insight on lawn guys, or if thats even worthwhile… but having an audio expert really enhanced this ep (and kept Chris focused)

brynn is the host of generation loss and beep beep lettuce and she rules

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dikkfor posted:

I believe you're thinking of Street Fight Radio.

oh yeah

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
trillbillies has never wavered. Tanya was honestly by far their funniest host because she was an exceedingly funny and self effacing holler witch who would actually argue with the two guy hosts about some of their opinions and often wind up right. and when she was wrong she’d just own up and be like “who cares” or rather “who cay-ers” she also sounded like my mamaw it she was more liberated but kept the same sense of humor and that ruled. When Tom says he hopes to one day smack the fucker who started her harassment, I agree with that sentiment many times over. it’s funny how these “traditionalists” don’t want to to open themselves up to a traditional rear end beating.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

fr0id posted:

trillbillies has never wavered. Tanya was honestly by far their funniest host because she was an exceedingly funny and self effacing holler witch who would actually argue with the two guy hosts about some of their opinions and often wind up right. and when she was wrong she’d just own up and be like “who cares” or rather “who cay-ers” she also sounded like my mamaw it she was more liberated but kept the same sense of humor and that ruled. When Tom says he hopes to one day smack the fucker who started her harassment, I agree with that sentiment many times over. it’s funny how these “traditionalists” don’t want to to open themselves up to a traditional rear end beating.

Agreed she ruled and I miss her input

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

she was the best one

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Babylon Bee wants to be Onion so bad but it's just too goddamn unfunny with morons like this

https://twitter.com/JoelWBerry/status/1722943831115436036?t=cuSPCbBv-6n2Dfq_lO3q2A&s=19

Edit:

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

I'm not against ghosts or aliens or whatever but most of what people claim is just dumbass crap recycled from the shittiest movies and tv. Wow the stairwell is cold! That's a ghost, you know! And listening enraptured to con artists like the Warrens etc.

aren't 95% of the :airquote:UFO Experts:airquote: just crackhead C!A Assets or something?

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 09:02 on Nov 11, 2023

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
*accidental double post*

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Intentional second post

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fr0id posted:

i say swears online posted:

she was the best one

yup

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I miss Tanya and like the boys and I still pay for it but it's easy to see how if someone didn't already like them they wouldn't be able to get into them now. Tanya's absence is really just part of why it isn't what it used to be though. It really hurts now that they're all remote, only Tarence could be considered in a small town (or even Appalachia proper if we're being honest), and there's no real source of levity on the show. I don't mind Aaron but none of them can really bring the energy or the laughs or a slightly different point of view when it's needed

It's a far different beast than when it was three Whitesburg residents in the same room talking about universal things from their unique perch in a forgotten town. They're all living in cities having the same takes as the rest of us and even the town from which they started is gone

On one of the very early episodes Tom or Tanya shared a post from their Patreon that was something like "Listening to these three is like listening to the lunch table of the dumbest kids in the school talk amongst themselves about topics they don't comprehend" and the sad thing is that now it's pretty much the same except the most entertaining one isn't around anymore and they're doing it over Zoom

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i didn't realize they were all in different cities. guess it's probably best to gtfo of letcher county

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is still one of my fav eps of any podcast because of tanya's story near the beginning. i wish it was clipped out on youtube

https://soundcloud.com/user-972848621-463073718/episode-57-tanya-got-a-cat

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jesus gently caress five years ago??

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

i didn't realize they were all in different cities. guess it's probably best to gtfo of letcher county

Tom's in Lexington, Aaron's in Atlanta, and Tarence is in West Virginia somewhere, not in one of the big towns. I'm not super familiar with the geography of WV but I got the feeling he was near the WV/VA border somewhere.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol i figured he went back to new mexico. why would he jump out of the frying pan and into the fire like that? did he get another NGO job?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

this is still one of my fav eps of any podcast because of tanya's story near the beginning. i wish it was clipped out on youtube

That one, #186 Dereliction of Duty where Tom talks about his job at the water processing plant and #172 Stormin' Norman and the 10,000 Biker Coup where Tom tells the titular story are all classics

There was another one back there where Tom tells the story of the guy in Dairy Queen telling Tom as a city council member that he will not be assessed that I'd love to find if anyone knows it.

ClassActionFursuit has issued a correction as of 17:08 on Nov 11, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol ""she's got a bad back!" is the east kentucky equivalent of yelling "worldstar!""

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

lol i figured he went back to new mexico. why would he jump out of the frying pan and into the fire like that? did he get another NGO job?

He mentioned on the last last free episode that he's looking for a place in Lexington so I don't know what he's doing. I'm pretty sure he and Tom both are living mostly off Patreon money. I know Tom is since he was fired from the Sierra Club. Aaron has a lot more stuff he does and of course I know Tarence does occasional writing and who knows how they split the Patreon money.

I do know Tarence said he gave almost all of it away when the flood came to people who needed it, just got it all out in cash and started handing it out so it's essentially hand to mouth. idk what rents are like out there but one would imagine in a rural place you'd be able to do pretty well on what they bring in but living in a college town when you aren't employed there is crazy and not just for financial reasons and believe me Lexington is nothing but UK

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i guess i hadn't looked at the graphtreon since they were pulling in like 3-4k total. they're definitely at 'can survive' money which is great

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

ClassActionFursuit posted:

Tom's in Lexington, Aaron's in Atlanta, and Tarence is in West Virginia somewhere, not in one of the big towns. I'm not super familiar with the geography of WV but I got the feeling he was near the WV/VA border somewhere.

He's still in whitesburg but probably not for long

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I can't believe I sat through 3 hours of that Ethan Klein and Hasan argument. Ethan is like 60% of the way toward getting it but I don't think he'll ever get there.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mcmagic posted:

I can't believe I sat through 3 hours of that Ethan Klein and Hasan argument. Ethan is like 60% of the way toward getting it but I don't think he'll ever get there.

I can believe it

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

easily

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Every podcast either flames out with drama/exhaustion or becomes Twitter review + the same loving takes human centipedeing their way around the leftist media sphere

Starting to think podcasts are reactionary

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ClassActionFursuit posted:

He mentioned on the last last free episode that he's looking for a place in Lexington so I don't know what he's doing. I'm pretty sure he and Tom both are living mostly off Patreon money. I know Tom is since he was fired from the Sierra Club. Aaron has a lot more stuff he does and of course I know Tarence does occasional writing and who knows how they split the Patreon money.

I do know Tarence said he gave almost all of it away when the flood came to people who needed it, just got it all out in cash and started handing it out so it's essentially hand to mouth. idk what rents are like out there but one would imagine in a rural place you'd be able to do pretty well on what they bring in but living in a college town when you aren't employed there is crazy and not just for financial reasons and believe me Lexington is nothing but UK
not a big trillies fan but drat. i only really liked tanya and and haven't listened since she left and its amazing how quickly it changed

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

mcmagic posted:

I knew what it'd be like, couldn't stand it for more than a few seconds. debatelords suck

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

debates are always a waste of time but at least they're fun to participate in

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

aren't 95% of the :airquote:UFO Experts:airquote: just crackhead C!A Assets or something?

depending on how (correctly) paranoid you are, anywhere from 50% to 100% of the modern ufo mythos (abductions, cattle mutilations, underground bases, mj12, etc) is govt disinformation and psyops. a lot of ufologists eat up the disclosure garbage from govt agents who promise them access to the cosmic truths. one of the infamous cases is from back in the 80s, when an air force contractor named paul bennewitz was recording "ufos" over kirtland AF base - these were drone/stealth/laser pulse communications tests, he thought they were aliens and was blabbing about them, and so the air force sent an agent named richard doty who roped in a ufologist named william moore (promising moore that if he helped out here he'd get the REAL ufo facts later) to steer bennewitz away. they told him that if he thought kirtland was wild, the really crazy alien poo poo was all in this (nonexistent) underground base in dulce, new mexico which led him and a good chunk of ufology on a wild goose chase. doty used typical cia-style tactics on bennewitz, including breaking into his apartment and tossing his poo poo so he'd think the aliens were trying to stop him. eventually bennewitz was institutionalized. william moore confessed all this at a ufo conference, ufologists said wow what an rear end in a top hat and learned nothing.

cattle mutilations are either 100% folk panic/hysteria or some small amount of nefarious govt testing/race war psyops on small time hispanic ranchers (seriously) but agent doty told ufo "researcher" linda howe that it was aliens stealing cow assholes for some shlock scifi genetics plot, she bought it completely and voila!

the FBI agent named rommell who was in charge of the dismissive FBI report on mutilations (which correctly pointed out the shoddy/stupid work of the pro-ufo "mutologists") was previously posted in puerto rico and worked around aceribo during which that location was reporting vampire attacks (!!!) which if we're really paranoid we can connect to edward lansdale's psychotic "vampire" attacks in the philippines - testing bizarre pysops on a colonial population. that's if we want to get really out there though

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
one of the big ufo groups, MUFON, got in a bit of trouble years ago when one of their hypnosis therapists named john carpenter (really) was selling his patients' info to billionaire robert bigelow who has an interest in this stuff. bigelow also owns skinwalker ranch which is a reality tv freakshow. hypnotic regression is a lovely tool which if you're so inclined can prove 100% of the time that any random person has been abducted by aliens.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

one of the big ufo groups, MUFON, got in a bit of trouble years ago when one of their hypnosis therapists named john carpenter (really) was selling his patients' info to billionaire robert bigelow who has an interest in this stuff. bigelow also owns skinwalker ranch which is a reality tv freakshow. hypnotic regression is a lovely tool which if you're so inclined can prove 100% of the time that any random person has been abducted by aliens.

I don't want to turn this into another UFO thread because we already have one of those but out of curiosity do you think the current amendment to the 2024 NDAA that's been proposed by Chuck Schumer and involves UFO retrievals and reverse engineering and poo poo is the intelligence guys pulling the psyop on the entire US Congress now? I am asking in complete good faith I wanna know your take.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

my bony fealty posted:

I don't want to turn this into another UFO thread because we already have one of those but out of curiosity do you think the current amendment to the 2024 NDAA that's been proposed by Chuck Schumer and involves UFO retrievals and reverse engineering and poo poo is the intelligence guys pulling the psyop on the entire US Congress now? I am asking in complete good faith I wanna know your take.

:hai:

I'm really curious now if any comparable congressional actions happened during prior rounds of disclosure drama in the 50s and 60s. If you go back then you get guys similar to Grusch and Lue claiming knowledge about crash retrievals, coverups, etc., attempting hearings, as well as CONDON which ofc was supposed to put a bow on it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

ufos are just as real as ghosts, good cops, and progressive democrats