Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
It's been weird listening to people like Alvarez and SRS actually entertain the idea that Punk is the devil when they're usually very strongly 'it's not a work' about most of these things, though at least in Bryan's case I think he's been actively getting dumber over the last few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The devil is CP Munk

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

mooseinfants posted:

It's been weird listening to people like Alvarez and SRS actually entertain the idea that Punk is the devil when they're usually very strongly 'it's not a work' about most of these things, though at least in Bryan's case I think he's been actively getting dumber over the last few months.

CM Punk speculation is algorithm catnip at the very least on youtube. Anytime you can put his face in the thumbnail you get a huge spike

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it is not hard to imagine Bryan being dumb

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Punch McLightning posted:

It could be a work, it'd just be an extremely idiotic work.

Punk as the devil, the Bucks and Hangman Page as his ninjas

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You look at accounts like this and think "they are just trolls looking to get a rise out of people" and then you see it's a re-reg and he's shut off replies because he's tired of people making fun of him.

https://twitter.com/MLife61442/status/1722665665494913443

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
That is perfectly executed pro wrestling.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Where's that gif of Smithers surrounded by the strippers?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SRS at least has been pretty clear that he thinks there's like 0% chance Punk is the Devil but he thinks it would be a really good reveal.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It would be a good reveal but at the same time you then have to ask what kind of loving moron Tony Khan is to go through with a worked shoot that made his company look stupid as gently caress as well as likely damaged their business with people tuning out completely now that Punk is gone, and more importantly what bizarre parallel universe have we suddenly found ourselves in where narcissist king CM Punk agreed to go through with an angle that further tarnished his already lovely reputation?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

It would be a good reveal but at the same time you then have to ask what kind of loving moron Tony Khan is to go through with a worked shoot that made his company look stupid as gently caress as well as likely damaged their business with people tuning out completely now that Punk is gone, and more importantly what bizarre parallel universe have we suddenly found ourselves in where narcissist king CM Punk agreed to go through with an angle that further tarnished his already lovely reputation?

Like yeah, there's all of that, the lost revenue from ticket sales because Punk hasn't been on Collision (unless he got injured and this was their way of writing him off so he'd have been gone anyway), the loss of trust from the locker room, but in the moment I'd pop for it, then I'd probably stop watching.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It would be a good reveal but at the same time you then have to ask what kind of loving moron Tony Khan is to go through with a worked shoot that made his company look stupid as gently caress as well as likely damaged their business

Tony Khan hired Ric Flair

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

He's a billionaire, & if Elon Musk has taught me anything it's that billionaires are loving morons.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Firing Punk has done way more damage to the company than hiring Flair at this point, and probably will unless Flair ends up in the news again for a fresh round of outed criminality, but yeah point taken

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

That's actually a good point and I was "Welp, let's hope that Ric Flair appearing on AEW is just a one time thing for Sting" but nope, got a contract and... eww

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/mlife61442/status/1723078741125976277?s=46

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder if wwe or Logan paid for that one

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

coconono posted:

Nah WWE stans have been dickriding Logan since the moment he signed.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

counterpoint: Kenny Omega could comport himself during a trip through Aokigahara forest without causing an international furor

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Absolutely corny-pilled with the dancing line

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

forkboy84 posted:

He's a billionaire, & if Elon Musk has taught me anything it's that billionaires are loving morons.

To be fair, I consider myself a smart person but if I had billions of dollars I'd probably end up doing the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Hiring Flair was not a smart move, but we'll have to see if Tony actually does really dumb poo poo like keeps him front and center, or if he's just being kind to a wrestling legend who is flat broke and giving him some pocket money to be a booster for Sting and then mostly stay home for a few years. Does Flair deserve that kindness? Probably not.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Coolness Averted posted:

Hiring Flair was not a smart move, but we'll have to see if Tony actually does really dumb poo poo like keeps him front and center, or if he's just being kind to a wrestling legend who is flat broke and giving him some pocket money to be a booster for Sting and then mostly stay home for a few years. Does Flair deserve that kindness? Probably not.

Is all the negative Flair stuff just from the plane ride from hell stuff where he took his dick out? Was there more that I missed?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

It’s so funny to be anti bucks and omega because”they’re spot monkeys or whatever when Logan actually is the definition of a spot monkey.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Rob posted:

It’s so funny to be anti bucks and omega because”they’re spot monkeys or whatever when Logan actually is the definition of a spot monkey.

Yeah, Logan is a show pony there because he's not a wrestler.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

My main source of knowledge about Logan Paul is my wrestle-watching buddy. She's from Puerto Rico and hates Logan Paul more than CM Punk hates glass.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't mind Flair because there's a good chance he might die on live TV, which is preferable for verification purposes.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Plus it’s not like he’s going to be able to keep any of the money you give him

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Willow Nightingale and Julia Hart have been in matches against each other literally twice.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

coconono posted:

It was posted by Niccolo Machiavelli so he's actually playing 5D chess with that comment, you see.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Registering a Machiavelli-themed burner Twitter account in the Summer of 2023 to earnestly post “Logan Paul is the future of sports entertainment.”

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 12, 2023

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Registering a Machiavelli-themed burner Twitter account in the Summer of 2023 to earnestly post “Logan Paul is the future of sports entertainment.”

This would actually be the second account for this particular pro-WWE sycophant, his original got dinged for...probably some kind of hate speech.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I kinda wish we had twitter during Herb Abrams time just so we could see the UWF defenders log on

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Pikavangelist posted:

My main source of knowledge about Logan Paul is my wrestle-watching buddy. She's from Puerto Rico and hates Logan Paul more than CM Punk hates glass.

A real dead body. Cry me a river.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

coconono posted:

I kinda wish we had twitter during Herb Abrams time just so we could see the UWF defenders log on

Most of them Herb under burner accounts, I'm sure.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's always funny when people in the business are aware of characters posted in this thread, but seeing ROH/EVOLVE, CHIKARA and GCW all united against Tholzerman is especially funny. The guy was world class at annoying Leonards from Lenny to F. Chikarason.

https://twitter.com/LennyLeonardNYC/status/1724111861543546970

https://twitter.com/JoeSposto/status/1724112288146182250

https://twitter.com/TheEmilJay/status/1724112844000493676

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

Even better if somehow Bryan and Vinny were forced to watch it every week.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dang Lenny Leonard suffered my weird as poo poo tweets gracefully. What kinda fuckin idiocy you gotta be on to piss him off?

Lenny is also the greatest announcer of the 00s. You can disagree if you want.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Dang Lenny Leonard suffered my weird as poo poo tweets gracefully. What kinda fuckin idiocy you gotta be on to piss him off?

Lenny is also the greatest announcer of the 00s. You can disagree if you want.

Holzerman had a weird vendetta against Lenny, I forget why Chikarason hates him, might be general principle or might be from Holzerman and Stroud trying to get Daddy Magic and Cool Hand fired from CHIKARA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/patricktheheel/status/1724097952132542672

https://jessicagolich.com/

Fozzy's TikTok manager and white lady with dreads slash Cannabis Influencer as featured on the Montel Williams podcast has gone mad with power.