Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
We recently moved to a country with no daylight savings and looking in from the outside yeah it's a bugfuck crazy system

Not to worry though because our two year old has decided to keep it interesting by just getting out of bed and opening the door a bit to peek out at us like a creeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Microplastics posted:

My employer just brought in a new policy: instead of getting just the 2 weeks statutory paternity leave, new fathers get 26 weeks leave fully paid (and it's not like shared leave - the mother doesn't have to sacrifice any leave)

I'm extremely happy for anyone who'll benefit from this and extremely sad that I missed this goddamn boat by two loving years jesus christ :argh:

you know what must be done

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Mustached Demon posted:

NO. NOOOOOOO :ohdear:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
just have another kid. Bing Bong so simple.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

We recently moved to a country with no daylight savings and looking in from the outside yeah it's a bugfuck crazy system

Not to worry though because our two year old has decided to keep it interesting by just getting out of bed and opening the door a bit to peek out at us like a creeper

Mine will stand completely still in the darkness staring wordlessly like a creepy doll until we yelp in alarm that the weird little blob in the corner is actually our kid just standing there the whole time :stonk:

:stare: "Can I play on the tablet now?"
:gonk: "It's 4am, NO you cannot play on the tablet go back to bed!"
:qq: "Why you gotta be like that? MOMMY? DADDY WON'T LET ME PLAY ON THE TABLET"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Microplastics posted:

My employer just brought in a new policy: instead of getting just the 2 weeks statutory paternity leave, new fathers get 26 weeks leave fully paid (and it's not like shared leave - the mother doesn't have to sacrifice any leave)

I'm extremely happy for anyone who'll benefit from this and extremely sad that I missed this goddamn boat by two loving years jesus christ :argh:

holy poo poo half a year off

Mustached Demon posted:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Mustached Demon posted:

put the last kid back in?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
If he hasn't met your youngest just claim that they are the newborn. Nobody knows what a fresh baby actually looks like.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Twins did not get me double either, I asked

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mustached Demon posted:

Twins did not get me double either, I asked

I would have just filed the paperwork twice

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

holy poo poo half a year off

I've heard that Novo Nordisk gives a full year off, salaried, as long as the employee has been there for 3 years.

e: apparently it's 37 weeks, 9 months employment required

Struensee has issued a correction as of 10:28 on Nov 10, 2023

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I got three months paid leave. I do count it as a personal success though, since the policy was essentially made for my benefit, going up from nothing at all except the legal right to take leave. At least the company can honestly claim that they never made any gender based difference in paternity/maternity leave.

In general, it seems like paid leave is a benefit that more prestigious companies in Denmark use to attract and keep talent. It's a pretty good development, especially now that fathers (and comothers, but let's be honest, it's fathers) are forced to take a significant part of the subsidized leave.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

is there some law in the bluey universe against interbreed marriage

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
there is a deleted episode in the first season that addressed it. it's very graphic.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I saw baby race like two nights ago and cried my eyes out, did not expect from a kids show

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
"baby race" is one thing but "onesies" (bluey's aunt comes to visit) is brutal.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Dreylad posted:

"baby race" is one thing but "onesies" (bluey's aunt comes to visit) is brutal.

wtf it's about miscarriages???

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

fosborb posted:

wtf it's about miscarriages???

Bluey is kinda hosed up for a kids show

Of course, there's the argument to be made it's actually a parenting show with a kids' show veneer

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Judgy Fucker posted:

Bluey is kinda hosed up for a kids show

Of course, there's the argument to be made it's actually a parenting show with a kids' show veneer

For sure. The episode where Bandit takes them to the movies and the one where he's waiting for the spring rolls really hits close to home. Also the scenes with an exhausted Bandit and Chili lying on the couch on their tablet and phone after they put the kids to bed are dead on.

I do find it weird that in spite of not wearing clothes they regularly do laundry :psyduck:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it's literally all skeet blankets

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
my kid doesn’t like bluey, she’s too into the crazy rear end serialized storylines of Ninjago. it’s wild.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Iron Chef fuckin slaps, still, to this day

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
I loving love Bluey. The video game comes out soon.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

has anyone seen the dad water birth episode Disney won’t publish?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I don't want to have that in my search history

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

that’s why I’m asking I don’t either unless it’s worth it.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
loving lol that these are all real things

Dad Baby sounds like a stellar episode, from what I just read

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm reminded of the divorce episode of Sesame Street, which was never aired because it traumatized their test audiences

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuffy%27s_Parents_Get_a_Divorce

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Bar Ran Dun posted:

has anyone seen the dad water birth episode Disney won’t publish?

Yeah its very funny.

I think the funniest scene in Bluey for me is the one where they are trying to distract their youngest cousin so the kidsget their dad and uncle to pretend to be a horse bride and groom at a wedding.

edit: this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXvS4VIE0S0

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I blame Muffin's bad behavior squarely on their parents.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Panfilo posted:

I blame Muffin's bad behavior squarely on their parents.

best observation in bluey is the endless forced indulgence of the spoiled daughter of the shithead little brother

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

my cousins got to do whatever they wanted and I was beat with a leather belt folks!!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Panfilo posted:

the one where he's waiting for the spring rolls really hits close to home

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Saturday afternoon couch potato time is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOkWuJwLX0I

That hamster is in a maze and it is captivating and thrilling with edge of your seat suspence.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Having been to more than one petting zoo and farm this weekend, I have deduced that my daughter is scared of goats if and only if they have beards. The longer and more majestic the goat beard, the greater the fear response

She does not think animals should have beards. A bearded animal is macabre and off-putting. It's like if sometimes, but not always, pigs had human hands, and everybody acted like it was normal and not weird

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

loquacius posted:

Having been to more than one petting zoo and farm this weekend, I have deduced that my daughter is scared of goats if and only if they have beards. The longer and more majestic the goat beard, the greater the fear response

She does not think animals should have beards. A bearded animal is macabre and off-putting. It's like if sometimes, but not always, pigs had human hands, and everybody acted like it was normal and not weird

do you have a beard

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

do you have a beard

yes. lol

While talking to her about it I asked if she liked Daddy's beard and she said yes but that she did not like the goat beards. This was not a white lie because she is three years old and could not tell a white lie under any circumstances whatsoever. This is what led me to the conclusion that she just doesn't think animals should have beards, because beards are for people.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
We took our kids to a wildlife park a couple years back and our (then) 3yo got swarmed by kangaroos while holding a feed bag. She understandably freaked out, but once rescued and safe behind a fence, enjoyed the kangaroos and even fed them.

The surprisingly tall cow just standing in a paddock just minding its own business in a fenced off paddock? Meltdown into inconsolable tears and had to be carried past it on our return journey.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

loquacius posted:

yes. lol

While talking to her about it I asked if she liked Daddy's beard and she said yes but that she did not like the goat beards. This was not a white lie because she is three years old and could not tell a white lie under any circumstances whatsoever. This is what led me to the conclusion that she just doesn't think animals should have beards, because beards are for people.

that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
oh I've seen your beard that's why I had a suspicion you did