Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
the robots are absolutely going to malfunction and threaten the city, and either Rie or Miss Haru are going to have to beat their asses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

School of World

Poor Poor Angsty Hungarian Prince

Next time: something new!

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

lavender jack is so, so, so good!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

fritz posted:

Poor Poor Angsty Hungarian Prince

The shaggiest of shaggy dog stories.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 28: SUKIYAKI (What is up with some of the chapter titles, I swear)

That's Ieyasu's real armour in the last page, by the way. There's a photo on his Wikipedia page:

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated chapter 21: Of the Tengu Who Live in the Mountains

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 23:35 on Nov 10, 2023

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Wait is that the end of angsty Hungarian princes?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Fagtastic posted:

Wait is that the end of angsty Hungarian princes?

I didn't think so but turns out: yep! There's a part two, and so tomorrow will start that instead of the other thing.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Hyouge Mono makes me feel bad about laughing at inappropriate times just because the faces are so funny. Like the three guys reacting to being told they disgrace the name of Mikawa is like a more detailed Cutbu crowd reaction shot.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Another Star Trek fan exposed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

loving Nancy isnt Kate Beaton is it? It looks like her stuff but also not?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Windows lookin like a butt

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Butt windows aside, I'm glad Yuri is doing better now. Why was she red before, though?

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Hyouge Mono makes me feel bad about laughing at inappropriate times just because the faces are so funny. Like the three guys reacting to being told they disgrace the name of Mikawa is like a more detailed Cutbu crowd reaction shot.

Mate, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She stole someone's skin, like the ears.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Jesus Christ.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
okay but where did she get the skin she's wearing at the end

is it her original skin that she kept around just in case, or did she have to source a fresh human skin?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I don't think the red skin was explained, but it's just a cool anime look. She was able to get a spider body and all kind of crazy mods.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

In all fairness she usually takes body parts from people trying to kill her.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

THE STUPID GOD OF THUNDER

六朝怪谈 (Spitting on Ghosts)

:siren: CW: Beastiality, Racism, Nationalism, Racial "Pride" :siren:

CANINE HUSBAND

:shepface: did they seriously make it a legend that the "Man tribe 蛮族" (a generic term the Han Chinese gave to the non-Chinese that may include indigenous and Mongolian people, and probably Uyghur as well, which also means "barbarian" and "uncivilized") were descended from dog-human hybrids. like, uhhhhhh what

ACTUAL MORAL DIRECTED TO ETHNIC CHINESE READERS NOT TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH: Readers may spot the similarities in the beginning of this tale and 里見八犬伝 "Lgend of the Eight Samurai", a famous Japanese epic. Think for yourself: In centuries past the Japanese greatly respected the Chinese and chose to learn from China its culture, art and literature. But now, we are the ones who are learning from the Japanese. Think harder and you'd realise you should be ashamed to meet the ancient sages of China, and our people today are an embarrassment to their ancestors.

:shepface: :shepface: :shepface:

MORAL: No moral.

Note: I knew of the "mealworm-like bug turning into a dog and marrying a princess" part of the story as a kid but mercifully I was never shown the :shepface: ending.

Another Note: Since we had the high of the Grave of the Three Kings and the low of Canine Husband, this is the penultimate post and the next will be the last. It's gonna be another "spooky lady" thing!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
:eyepop:

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

field balm posted:

2002.04.26 - A Band, Part IX

2002.04.29 - Eyebrows

2002.05.01 - Pop Rocks

2002.05.03 - Old Time Comedy Hour

2002.05.06 - Women in Bands

2002.05.08 - Hardcore

2002.05.09 - Spider-Man

2002.05.10 - Gig

field balm has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Nov 12, 2023

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

MORAL: No moral.

itym 'The moral was bad and you should feel bad'

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: The oil flask is sliced open! Jos3ph lights King's headband on fire and whips it at Wumuu, who slices it to pieces! Jos3ph backs off and reveals that he was counting on Wumuu slicing open the oil flask! All that wind has to come from somewhere, and Wumuu is sucking in enormous amounts of air to power his wild wind abilities! This wind is aerosolizing the oil from the flask! The oil, and the flaming pieces of King's headband, are getting sucked into Wumuu's body and mixed into a fuel-air bomb!

As Wumuu realizes this, he explodes with rage!

Read right to left:

Chapter 104 - And My Favorite Character is Gone

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Not gonna be the head of a major corporation

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Cooking Papa, Cook 12: Potluck Party

And that's the end of volume 1 - we're now about halfway through what's available.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Emzedoh posted:

Cooking Papa, Cook 12: Potluck Party

Wait, is the translator (named Barkley) saying he doesn't know why Cooking Papa calls the dummy character "Bartley", instead of his apparent proper name of "Tanaka"? or is that :thejoke:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Fantomius

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

CzarChasm posted:

Wait, is the translator (named Barkley) saying he doesn't know why Cooking Papa calls the dummy character "Bartley", instead of his apparent proper name of "Tanaka"? or is that :thejoke:

The translator is using the pseudonym "Bartley" because Cooking Papa inexplicably calls Tanaka Bartley

btw when the translator says he'll never catch up, he's not joking. That was volume 1 out of the 167 volumes which currently exist and it's still ongoing.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Qwertycoatl posted:

The translator is using the pseudonym "Bartley" because Cooking Papa inexplicably calls Tanaka Bartley

btw when the translator says he'll never catch up, he's not joking. That was volume 1 out of the 167 volumes which currently exist and it's still ongoing.

Huh! I would have bet money on it being a dumb joke from the scanlation team inserting their name into the comic!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

We now return to your normal timeline, already in progress

MS Paint Masterpieces

#326: Not Just Yet - Hey There Joe

#327: Not Just Yet - Lack Of Courtesy

#328: Not Just Yet - Captive Audience

Been a while since I posted, had some computer troubles and then needed to finish up Barkley Gaiden²: The Son Of Dark Draker: Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Gaiden Episode 1 for the deadline.

MS Paint Masterpieces
#329: Not Just Yet - Killer Death Logic

#330: Not Just Yet - Convincing Point

#331: Not Just Yet - This Is Called Irony

The green guy is 'spike man', a fairly popular fan character who was in a lot of RPs. His backstory was that he was under construction along with the original 6 robot masters, but wasn't finished in time to be stolen in megaman 1.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

Hah, I went and checked after you mentioned it - Bartley scans lasted 4 more chapters after this one, their final posting was uploaded to the site I use 6 years ago. Another group took over a few years later, they managed until the end of volume 2 (Possibly? There's no end of volume thing in the last chapter) and their final posting was more than 3 years ago.

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 10:23 on Nov 11, 2023

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

That was volume 1 out of the 167 volumes which currently exist and it's still ongoing.

guess its finally time to learn japanese to read this dumb food manga

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I poked around some more and found out two more things: one, by volume 145, Makoto is drinking age and has a teenage sister. Two, according to some people on Reddit, Kimura gets hitched to Bartley. I always thought her pursuit of a married (and clearly uninterested!) man was unseemly, but er, that's a little rough isn't it?

Edit:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I feel like the seeds of foisting Kimura off on Bartley Dumbsauce were already planted during the hangover chapter; I'm just going to assume she whips him into shape and they're happy together, and will reject any evidence to the contrary.

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 11:38 on Nov 11, 2023

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

145 volumes of hidden cooking ability, spanning like 16 years...

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Qwertycoatl posted:

Ah! That's a slurred-in-a-manly-way "bakatare" (literally, I suppose, "idiot sauce," or "person out of whom idiocy is leaking"), an even more insulting variant of the ever-popular "baka". Not his name, just "dumbass".

Bakatare -> Bakatarei -> Ba'atarei

Giant Ethicist has a new favorite as of 12:57 on Nov 11, 2023

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Giant Ethicist posted:

Ah! That's a slurred-in-a-manly-way "bakatare" (literally, I suppose, "idiot sauce," or "person out of whom idioticy is leaking"), an even more insulting variant of the ever-popular "baka". Not his name, just "dumbass".

Bakatare -> Bakatarei -> Ba'atarei

This is a splendid post

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Tree Bucket posted:

This is a splendid post
One does one's best!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

I have managed to scan the Danish version of the next Fantomius vs. Holmes story, featuring an entire host of detective pastiches! It's like Murder by Death with ducks. Now I just need to translate it myself. I hope people appreciate the effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Disney comics that casually have humans in between the ducks and otherwise is pretty amusing, especially given later stuff that usually carefully avoids them, and it's even a minor plot point slash joke in the DuckTales reboot that none of them know what a human is.