Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Bucky Fullminster posted:

So if you want a fun experiment, try posting it in the Q thread and watch what happens.

isn't posting it there a sixer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Spookydonut posted:

Surely not. It's comprehensible, plausible, and directly relevant to their interest. Right?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So turns out Optus was down for 9 hours because they didn't do emergency IT solution #1 - turn it off an on again.

Because their internal network was down someone had go to the 2 datacentres and manually reboot it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Comstar posted:

So turns out Optus was down for 9 hours because they didn't do emergency IT solution #1 - turn it off an on again.

Because their internal network was down someone had go to the 2 datacentres and manually reboot it.

username post combo

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Comstar posted:

There are no poo poo Gerry Harvey paid ads on the radio saying to leave Optus alone

Snakes lying with snakes

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Spookydonut posted:

Surely not. It's comprehensible, plausible, and directly relevant to their interest. Right?
Posting it there would be a probation. Bucky is threadbanned from the QAnon thread. Bypassing the threadban on Bucky's behalf will lead to disciplinary action.

Anidav is allowing him to post QAnon stuff in this thread, for now.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Inferior Third Season posted:

Posting it there would be a probation. Bucky is threadbanned from the QAnon thread. Bypassing the threadban on Bucky's behalf will lead to disciplinary action.

They wouldn't be doing it on my behalf, they'd be doing it because it's something they found which is good and very relevant to that thread.

edit - to be clear, posting it there was never banned, no, and I wasn't trying to get Swamp Thong probated, the point was for them to watch the thread insist that this perfectly clear article is just a jibbering crazy conspiracy, without laying so much as a single finger on anything that's actually untrue in it.

But good job IFT, great use of time and power there, making sure that the Qanon thread doesn't learn about where it all actually came from, with a scoop that started right there in that very thread. Thanks for saving us the trouble by just demonstrating the weirdness right here.

vvv

Recoome posted:

Holy poo poo shuuuuuut up about how the Qanon thread wronged you

how about youuuuuu shut up

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 11, 2023

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

They wouldn't be doing it on my behalf, they'd be doing it because it's something they found which is good and very relevant to that thread.

Holy poo poo shuuuuuut up about how the Qanon thread wronged you

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao. Cmon anidav

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

imo Anidav should make Bucky explain a) who q is and b) why anyone should care in 100 words max or he's banned from the thread

Breakfast Burrito fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Nov 11, 2023

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Breakfast Burrito posted:

imo Anidav should make Bucky explain a) who q is and b) why anyone should care in 100 words max or he's banned from the thread

Seconded

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

It's complicated, and I don't really want to put us through it, I was really just suggesting something that may have been of interest to swamp thong. But if you want to know how it started specifiaclly:

There's a lot more to it than that of course, which is all in the article, and if you have specific questions I'll answer them if you like.

It matters because these names are actively excluded from the conversation.

And you should care because it's dragged a lot of people into a pipeline of fascist propaganda.

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Nov 11, 2023

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

It's complicated, and I don't really want to put us through it, I was really just suggesting something that may have been of interest to swamp thong. But if you to know how it started:

There's a lot more to it than that of course, which is all in the article, and if you have specific questions I'll answer them if you like.

And you should care because it's dragged a lot of people into a pipeline of fascist propaganda.

Lmao check out this 1st year uni student poo poo - it still counts towards the word limit if it’s in an image!!!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Bucky, I know you have a project and I enjoy reading it somewhat but the Auspol thread is not a second QAnon thread.

People have been reporting it so please dial it back or else I will take action.

Cheers mate.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

It's complicated, and I don't really want to put us through it, I was really just suggesting something that may have been of interest to swamp thong. But if you want to know how it started specifiaclly:

that's way more than 100 words so you've failed immediately

also to be clear i was asking you why we should care who q is, not why we should care about qanon existing.

everyone knows it was a pipeline to fascism and who q is is the *least* interesting or important part of the phenomenon

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Cheers Dav I really do appreciate it. I don't want to do it here either, I'm just responding to people, sorry. If IFT hadn't come in to swing their ridiculous cock around we'd have all moved on.

edit -

that's way more than 100 words so you've failed immediately

also to be clear i was asking you why we should care who q is, not why we should care about qanon existing.

everyone knows it was a pipeline to fascism and who q is is the *least* interesting or important part of the phenomenon

I'm not counting them or rewriting it for you sorry.

And sorry for misunderstanding. It's an attack. And the "experts" are still calling it an accidental "prank", and declaring that these names had nothing to do with it. And that anyone who says that these names did have anything to do with it is crazy. It is a catastrophic misestimation of the powers at play. You're right, you don't need to know *who* it is, call that historical interest if you like. Just know that it's part of a deliberate assault, which is ongoing, including here.

e2 - may as well squeeze this in here from today to show you what I mean if this is the last rodeo:

https://x.com/QOrigins/status/1723096760330129741?s=20

Yes we do, I just told you, and I'm giving you the evidence on a silver loving platter, and you just don't care enough to look at it.

Someone is wrong on the internet. I can show you a lot of material about what could be influencing that person to say that so adamantly, but that's a whole other movie, who's vibe I gather y'all don't dig, so never mind.

I want to know how Cat Terrist knows so much about why the M4 didn't get its shared path.

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Nov 11, 2023

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
:justpost: but the opposite of that emote

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
make him stop

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
just thread ban him!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
bucky may be an unhinged kook, but he is our unhinged kook and we should be proud of him and let him stay in auspol

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Never stop posting Bucky. I mean that.

Never Stop Posting.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

TammyHEH posted:

just thread ban him!

whoa where'd you come from

and thanks GSC

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
"hey maybe dial it back a bit"

"cheers mate" *cranks it to 11*

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Yes we do, I just told you, and I'm giving you the evidence on a silver loving platter, and you just don't care enough to look at it.

No you haven’t lol. You have never presented any evidence beyond a bunch of weak inferences drawn from publicly available, low quality sources. The reason no one listens to you isn’t because of a conspiracy bucky it’s because, I’m afraid to say, you haven’t uncovered anything new at all.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

GoldStandardConure posted:

bucky may be an unhinged kook, but he is our unhinged kook and we should be proud of him and let him stay in auspol

This.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Anidav posted:

Bucky, I know you have a project and I enjoy reading it somewhat but the Auspol thread is not a second QAnon thread.

People have been reporting it so please dial it back or else I will take action.

Cheers mate.

lmao who are the cowards reporting bucky

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i think bucky should get his own thread that's subject to all the standard d&d rules

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Amethyst posted:

No you haven’t lol. You have never presented any evidence beyond a bunch of weak inferences drawn from publicly available, low quality sources. The reason no one listens to you isn’t because of a conspiracy bucky it’s because, I’m afraid to say, you haven’t uncovered anything new at all.

We've got who made the first q posts and how, which according to the tweet that quote was responding to, which was posted this very day, remains aggressively unanswered.

The rest of it is a synthesis of publicly available sources yes. Still kind of novel though.

Oh and FBIanon/Pizzagate.

e - pretty sure these parts are new as well

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Nov 11, 2023

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Thread rebrand to Q & Aholes

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

We've got who made the first q posts and how, which according to the tweet that quote was responding to, which was posted this very day, remains aggressively unanswered.

The rest of it is a synthesis of publicly available sources yes. Still kind of novel though.

Oh and FBIanon/Pizzagate.

e - pretty sure these parts are new as well

The gently caress is this timecube-rear end bullshit?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Breetai posted:

The gently caress is this timecube-rear end bullshit?

original reporting

the context is in the rest of the article, obviously

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
no idea why the qanon thread would be hostile to a pretty persuasive argument on the origins of Q but also lol at this becoming a slapfight

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

GoldStandardConure posted:

Yeh weirdos make threads go flavoured

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
swamp thong is a bucky alt surely

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Did you know that the entire Australian (and now American media) has been permanently skewed by just a handful of people? They have been responsible for notably shifting the Overton window in every recent Australian election and would by any resonable measure be denoted as Fascist? Read these articles to find out who. You need to know. I'm not joking.

Part 1 - https://www.sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2023/03/01/stoush-over-alleged-media-bias-highlights-the-need-for-greater-m.html
Part 2 - https://independentaustralia.net/business/business-display/the-problem-with-australias-media,17075
Part 3 - https://medium.com/@allanriley152/the-impact-of-media-bias-on-australian-politics-3a19f416c1f8

This isn't just targetted satire. This is real. This is something that you may have some agency in changing. It is actively loving up your life right now. If you want to expend any energy trying to understand and change anything, this should probably be your priority. Also mod sass was a forum crime last I checked.

Save Bucky!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon posted:

Did you know that the entire Australian (and now American media) has been permanently skewed by just a handful of people? They have been responsible for notably shifting the Overton window in every recent Australian election and would by any resonable measure be denoted as Fascist? Read these articles to find out who. You need to know. I'm not joking.

Part 1 - https://www.sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2023/03/01/stoush-over-alleged-media-bias-highlights-the-need-for-greater-m.html
Part 2 - https://independentaustralia.net/business/business-display/the-problem-with-australias-media,17075
Part 3 - https://medium.com/@allanriley152/the-impact-of-media-bias-on-australian-politics-3a19f416c1f8

This isn't just targetted satire. This is real. This is something that you may have some agency in changing. It is actively loving up your life right now. If you want to expend any energy trying to understand and change anything, this should probably be your priority. Also mod sass was a forum crime last I checked.

Save Bucky!
Yes and it sucks

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023

gay picnic defence posted:

swamp thong is a bucky alt surely

i hope not

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Fantastic. Great move.
Well done Bucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

swamp thong posted:

no idea why the qanon thread would be hostile to a pretty persuasive argument on the origins of Q but also lol at this becoming a slapfight

Yeah that's the weirdness I was talking about. It's honestly been the most bizarre process.

"This thing which does the job of a propaganda campaign is probably a propaganda campaign hey"
"No it's not you idiot, you're being a crazy conspiracist, and who cares anyway, but it's definitely not"
"Ok but look here's all these emails and brochures and meetings and quotes and articles and stuff"
"Shut the gently caress up, You're literally insane."

To be fair, the case has evolved over time, and the earlier articles weren't as good as the recent one, but the case was always there and discernible.

And people in here can tell you how annoying I can supposedly be, so it might not be entirely the Q thread's fault either. I don't think any of my posts were unreasonable though (even in the face of a torrential dog-pile.) But that's why I thought it might be an interesting experiment, for you to drop the article in there and see what happened. Even then I didn't expect a mod to barge in here and say "no you're not allowed!". I'm banned, sure, but the idea that you shouldn't be allowed to post something you want in there is loving nuts.

The embassy here was generous enough to grant some asylum, and have kindly tolerated the occasional update/share, but really, the cowards who are reporting it should be reporting the cowards in the Q thread, and anyone who complains should be asking the mods "well why the gently caress is this banned, it makes total sense, it's important, and it is completely relevant to that thread." If people don't want to debate or discuss Q, might I point them towards the rest of literally the entire world that isn't the Q thread on a debate and discussion forum. And yes I did make another thread and yes that got banned as well.

But it's not just here either, ask any of the "experts" on twitter about this, and a handful of accounts will immediately swoop in to give you what amounts to the same response. So then, if you give it to any of the journalists who are adjacent to all this, they will ignore it.

The next chapter is basically "how the digital influence campaign cover its tracks", which of course it would want to do and be capable of doing, and a big part of the answer appears to be Fred Brennan.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)