Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Honestly I figured IWTV was paying pretty well? I have been to a handful of shows that had 20-30 people, tops, no sponsorships and no sponsors for individual wrestlers. But they were filming the event for IWTV.

The last show I went to was CFU, and it was a free event. The wrestlers didn't even hang around to sell some merch. But it was filmed for IWTV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ok it might be time for a new thread IWA MS IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
He's gonna book David Starr isn't he?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Ok it might be time for a new thread IWA MS IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard CM Punk is available

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Don't be so sure!

Some, very observant fans are posting spoilers in the comments of AEW's latest clip of the devil.

E: wrong thread, those images of people sure AEW's devil is CM punk were for the wrestle takes thread.
E2: back by popular demand!

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 10, 2023

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I like the idea that they would bring Punk from show to show to put him in the devil mask or whatever and not just use whoever was around. I'll also assume until proven otherwise that the goon squad is just random dudes until they get revealed (if they get revealed).

edit: well great, now this is in the wrong thread too!!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

To be honest I thought this was a fine thread for it!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Ok re-added it, yeah it's such a goofy idea. In penance I'll post cool stuff from Saturday or about how big of a train wreck the indie lucha show I'm going to is.
I'm expecting cool things. It was 60 bucks general admission only, I'm sure even 150 to 200 people showing up for that is enough to be profitable. Hell, Republic of Lucha routinely gets more big names than just Penta and Rey.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/1723229313825448264

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

That sucks. Cancer is awful.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

:(

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat i hope she recovers. Is that super dragon posting that or someone else?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

MassRafTer posted:

BEYOND Wrestling has been hosting WRESTIVAL a group of indie shows centered around New Year's. The crowds the last two years have been abysmal and the schedule never makes any sense. This year is no different.

NYD is on a Monday. So you could run Saturday, Sunday and Monday all day and people wouldn't have to take off work to attend or stream. You could start things off with Friday evening shows if you wanted. They will not be doing that.

Yep they are running from Thursday afternoon until midnight on NYE. I usually take that week off and I can't imagine going to watch wrestling at noon on a Friday. It's not an awful lineup, there's a couple shows I could see going to. I just don't understand the business plan. Even if running in front of 20 people on Friday afternoon is somehow profitable... why wouldn't you just run that show on NYD. If you are willing to run NYE, why not NYD?

ending at midnight on nye screams "gotta get these done in the year 2023 for contract/tax reasons" to me

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Suplex Liberace posted:

Yeah, it's Dragon.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EVGA Longoria posted:

ending at midnight on nye screams "gotta get these done in the year 2023 for contract/tax reasons" to me

I can buy that as to why GCW isn't running NYD since they are the only company running their weekend in AC (well, I guess JCW is probably its own legal entity but it's the same thing) but Wrestival is a bunch of different companies and Beyond is only running two shows.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Big line to get photos with Hijo Del Vikingo ahead of the RGR show tonight. Seems like a very sweet guy, put his belt on some old ladies and kids, and had some free stickers for a special needs kid in the audience, just very approachable.
For folks in the Los Angeles area Xander Sports is a decent indie venue. Though we've got a lot of those here.
I'll comment on the show afterwards, but I love the vibe so far.

E: Show was great. Tons of spots in the audience. I loved hearing tiny kids shouting "otra! Otra!" on stuff like the ref getting hit in the nuts with chair shots.
A pretty decent mix of styles too, Bamboo and Angel Celestia had some good mat work.
Weakest match was Sexy Star vs an exotico I didn't get the name of.
Penta wasn't as insane as you'd see at a bigger show, but it was still fun watching Vikingo and Penta ramming eachother with shopping carts and beating eachother with chairs.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 12, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Rose is debuting in Prestige tonight against Amira. She rules and she's a friend of mine and you should check it out if you have the stream ok thx.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

I believe Dragon has been the only one to use that account. That news sucks because I remember One of his returns, maybe FEAR when he came back to help Steen, he announced she was in remission from cancer at that time.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Another great Deadlock show tonight, not a bum match on the card. Chris Danger's mystery opponent turned out to be Shawn Spears; Danger wound up with a pretty gnarly looking forearm wound after a table spot.

After the main event Jay Malachi confirmed that he had signed with WWE before the bigger reveal that he wouldn't be back for the December 10th event - this had been his final DPW show, and he relinquished the title effective immediately. Afterwards all the talent came out to the ring and fans invited to cross the barriers and swarm ringside for a photo. It was a great send-off (Lucky Ali came out for one too but he stayed in character and said farewell to the fans with "I'll probably see y'all in six months...everywhere I go people, get sick of me, so I'm counting on it happening again.")

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Bonk posted:

Rose is debuting in Prestige tonight against Amira. She rules and she's a friend of mine and you should check it out if you have the stream ok thx.

Hey, I was there! That was a good match until Drexl but you know, heels gotta heel.

Anyone know if the GCW show in Seattle this weekend will have any deathmatches or anything? I don't see any on the card but I don't follow stuff much, not sure how crazy regular GCW shows are.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ok I am probably legally required to go.

https://twitter.com/ISDub/status/1724231617483284719

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

THE loving LEAGUE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

stab posted:

THE loving LEAGUE

Stab do you have any insights to who this Sean Henderson guy is. I looked up his cagematch and it looks like he sponsors matches and shows to get booked.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Stab do you have any insights to who this Sean Henderson guy is. I looked up his cagematch and it looks like he sponsors matches and shows to get booked.

Not a drat clue, haven't worked ISW shows in years

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

stab posted:

Not a drat clue, haven't worked ISW shows in years

I need to do a deep dive into this it seems.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Anyone know if the GCW show in Seattle this weekend will have any deathmatches or anything? I don't see any on the card but I don't follow stuff much, not sure how crazy regular GCW shows are.

The card seems pretty light violence-wise, stuff could always get hardcore with a Janela match or whatever else here but I wouldn't expect much craziness compared to their average/peak, but also it's their first show in Seattle so who knows. The trios match looks fun

Joey Janela vs Speedball Mike Bailey
Nicole Matthews vs Maki Itoh
Matt Cardona vs Santana Jackson
Los Desperados (Arez, Latigo and Gringo Loco) vs Aramis, Rey Horus and Laredo Kid
Violence is Forever (Dominic Garrini and Kevin Ku) defend the tag titles against Bollywood Boyz (Gurv and Harv Sihra)
Blake Christian defends the world title against Schaff

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012
Sean Henderson! He’s been a fan of ISW since he was like 12-13 years old, used to skip lunch at school and save his lunch money to buy DVDs the day they came out. Eventually went on in early adulthood to become the first student of Matt Tremont and what would become the H2O school, then went on to run his own shows under the “Sean Henderson Presents…” banner (I’ve always told him he should call it Hendo Pro, but to each their own)

Genuinely one of the sweetest kids I’ve ever met and has grown up to put on some real fun shows and be a good little hand in the ring. His entire run in ISW has kinda been “the boy who grew up to make his dreams come true”. He won the Food Fight gauntlet at The Collective 2019 with his mom in the crowd, got to wrestle Matt Tremont for the big belt, even wrestled Giant Tiger on our last Connecticut show in a genuine dream match of his since he was a young boy. I had genuinely spent years trying to convince GT to dust off the old mask for it and sure enough, Sean got the full experience of a Giant Tiger match and I couldn’t be happier for him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh my god

stab
Feb 12, 2003

BaldipISW posted:

Sean Henderson! He’s been a fan of ISW since he was like 12-13 years old, used to skip lunch at school and save his lunch money to buy DVDs the day they came out. Eventually went on in early adulthood to become the first student of Matt Tremont and what would become the H2O school, then went on to run his own shows under the “Sean Henderson Presents…” banner (I’ve always told him he should call it Hendo Pro, but to each their own)

Genuinely one of the sweetest kids I’ve ever met and has grown up to put on some real fun shows and be a good little hand in the ring. His entire run in ISW has kinda been “the boy who grew up to make his dreams come true”. He won the Food Fight gauntlet at The Collective 2019 with his mom in the crowd, got to wrestle Matt Tremont for the big belt, even wrestled Giant Tiger on our last Connecticut show in a genuine dream match of his since he was a young boy. I had genuinely spent years trying to convince GT to dust off the old mask for it and sure enough, Sean got the full experience of a Giant Tiger match and I couldn’t be happier for him.

Still blows my mind to this day when people wrestling today tell us how they were inspired by the stupid poo poo we did as dumb gently caress kids

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BaldipISW posted:

I have blown the lid off the Sean Henderson conspiracy just as I said I would.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
CPA is a lot of fun, the last time I saw him was the free show at the minor league game. He ripped off his shirt and tie 3 different times and had another one under it. It was a hit as hell July and by the time he got to the final shirt & tie, it was absolutely drenched in sweat.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I've gone to 2 GCW shows now, neither of them had anything I'd call a "deathmatch" -- mostly just tables(oh sorry the doors on chairs they use instead of tables?) and maybe a weapon or something. no glass, barbed wire, no real blood.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

syzpid posted:

CPA is a lot of fun, the last time I saw him was the free show at the minor league game. He ripped off his shirt and tie 3 different times and had another one under it. It was a hit as hell July and by the time he got to the final shirt & tie, it was absolutely drenched in sweat.

Odds of sweaty men disrobing almost to nudity against THE loving LEAGUE will be close to 100%

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I’ll be at the GCW and DEFY shows in Seattle armbarring and kissing everyone on sight

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

stab posted:

Still blows my mind to this day when people wrestling today tell us how they were inspired by the stupid poo poo we did as dumb gently caress kids

pumpkinz r hardcore

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Mob posted:

pumpkinz r hardcore

those fn pumpkinz sure ended up leading to something huh

pretty sure those pumpkin spots have gotten stolen somewhere

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Deathmatches are banned in Wasington State so I doubt the GCW Seattle shows will have any.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

TTBF posted:

Deathmatches are banned in Wasington State so I doubt the GCW Seattle shows will have any.

Is Jay Inslee still the governor?

Gonna light tube the governor

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I mean this completely seriously, it is honestly kind of mind boggling that someone who follows the indies would have never heard of Sean Henderson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

stab posted:

those fn pumpkinz sure ended up leading to something huh

just back to back WM main events no big whoop