Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

what’s wrong with that guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
He's probably just upset because he used up the entire earth's supply of scalp moisturizer last week trying to cover 1/3rd of his head and it's starting to dry out already

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’m not in Twitter anymore so I can’t tell is Joe is still wearing his grandmothers glasses or not.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

hadji murad posted:

what’s wrong with that guy?

isn't he that DSA canada guy also?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
he is. he might be American too. I saw something on his Twitter when I went to laugh at him earlier that said he experienced no antisemitism on the left In America but a lot when he came to Canada.

I know he cozied up to all the Harbinger types and they all gave him the cold shoulder. I blocked him early on because he seemed like a stooge but I’m morbidly curious what his angle is.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

Was one of, yeah

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Frosted Flake posted:

I have no idea. Our generation being represented by a boot is really disappointing compared to the blue beret and poppy.

seems appropriate for our generation stomping on indigenous and environmental protesters

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I thought it was a boot because of how we talk

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
What a boot the troops eh

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

he was, started it and then ragequit when he was called out for putting all the funds in his personal bank account and not keeping receipts

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

I remember once on his podcast he said something about how they kept getting feedback about not being “left” enough and I’m not sure why that was confusing for him. If he’s American that makes more sense.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

PhilippAchtel posted:

towns and cities across Canada and Quebec

Do people actually say this

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
putain le quebec, tous mes potes detestent le quebec

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

Everytime I look at the bird app it’s just Jesse Brown posting about the latest greatest antisemitic violence. Except he considers it antisemitic violence to protest Indigo’s CEO running a literal charity for IDF lone soldiers, and describes it as a “reprehensible attack on a Jewish-owned bookstore.”

Kinda feels like everything will just keep getting worse and worse, forever, in this fake rear end country. sigh

DariusLikewise posted:

moi aussi merci

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

ElehemEare posted:

Everytime I look at the bird app it’s just Jesse Brown posting about the latest greatest antisemitic violence. Except he considers it antisemitic violence to protest Indigo’s CEO running a literal charity for IDF lone soldiers, and describes it as a “reprehensible attack on a Jewish-owned bookstore.”

Kinda feels like everything will just keep getting worse and worse, forever, in this fake rear end country. sigh

moi aussi merci

that checks out. I remember him arguing that calling bullshit on the "hamas accidentally rocketed its own hospital" story from a couple weeks ago was buying in to a "jews run the media" conspiracy

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

infernal machines posted:

"lest we forget" kinda stopped being the message in the early 2000s

I remember rememberance day being actually about reflecting on the needless horrors of WWI in particular, we really need to get back to that.

https://x.com/LegoRacers2/status/1721839265645302192?s=20

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the cereal i buy cost 5.99 for most of this year. in septembre it went to 8.49. then the heads of the grocery stores were dragged before parliament, and soon after the price went back to 5.99. now it's gone back up to 7.99. parliament is working hard to save you money.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

vyelkin posted:

should've made a pin of a Sea King

They did but they fell apart faster than the poppies

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

DariusLikewise posted:

gently caress you, tabarnak.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the cereal i buy cost 5.99 for most of this year. in septembre it went to 8.49. then the heads of the grocery stores were dragged before parliament, and soon after the price went back to 5.99. now it's gone back up to 7.99. parliament is working hard to save you money.

I don't think this needs to be said, but our grocery stores are deeply in bed with our politicians. One only needs to examine the way the gov't bent over backwards to let them gently caress over employees during the pandemic. Honestly that poo poo really did a number on me. Being told you're a hero and essential to the country's survival while being denied hours, basic safety, and CERB, all while being horrendously abused by the public at large really broke my brain. I'm a far angrier person, to a point I'm uncomfortable with, I had to stop drinking even. I went broke while working during the pandemic, had to move in with my mom, and had to abandon most of my possessions in the desperate move. All so Sobeys could make a couple extra percentages.

A more just society would see grocery store owners quartered in the public square.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Only change I noticed since the Parliament thing is that now Loblaws tallies up all your "savings" when you buy on sale items

Calumanjaro
Nov 11, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

I don't think this needs to be said, but our grocery stores are deeply in bed with our politicians. One only needs to examine the way the gov't bent over backwards to let them gently caress over employees during the pandemic. Honestly that poo poo really did a number on me. Being told you're a hero and essential to the country's survival while being denied hours, basic safety, and CERB, all while being horrendously abused by the public at large really broke my brain. I'm a far angrier person, to a point I'm uncomfortable with, I had to stop drinking even. I went broke while working during the pandemic, had to move in with my mom, and had to abandon most of my possessions in the desperate move. All so Sobeys could make a couple extra percentages.

A more just society would see grocery store owners quartered in the public square.

Well my oakville/burlington fortinos added new "asset protection" staff. I assume so that those truly responsible for high prices will be dealt with. Really interfered with my self-checkout "this poo poo is bananas" for everything method.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

We couldn't get security when someone threw a staff member to the ground and sprayed lysol in her eyes. I personally got death threats while running the line up. People start stealing a little more than before though and suddenly multiple security get hired.

All I wanted in 2019 was a part-time job that was a reliable back-up job while I was a student again. Huge mistake.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

We couldn't get security when someone threw a staff member to the ground and sprayed lysol in her eyes. I personally got death threats while running the line up. People start stealing a little more than before though and suddenly multiple security get hired.

All I wanted in 2019 was a part-time job that was a reliable back-up job while I was a student again. Huge mistake.

heyyyy same deal! i didn't get screwed nearly as bad as you, but it sure sucked.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Also self-checkout blows, Sobeys promised the public they'd never do self-checkout, they promised staff the same thing. When they saw the savings potential they immediatly offloaded that job onto you. Don't forget, when you self-check out you are doing free labour for grocery stores. The proof it is labour is that they will punish you if you do bad job. It is unreal that they get to do this.

Edit: Glad to be doing much better now, my job in PEI is kinda weird at times, but it pays well and I enjoy doing it. I just might be able to buy a house here with my partner also making significantly more than before. Don't worry fellow renters, I'm sure by the time I save up a down payment they'll be too much.

Virtual Russian has issued a correction as of 23:50 on Nov 11, 2023

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Say what you want about the Québécois, we don’t give a poo poo about the poppies.

My friend’s anglo wife has been posting patriotic bullshit for almost two weeks now and god is it grating.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
coming up on the one year anniversary

https://twitter.com/aballinga/status/1596157230017286144

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

if you wear a poppy you are scum. You have to wear the boot now

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

Virtual Russian posted:

Also self-checkout blows, Sobeys promised the public they'd never do self-checkout, they promised staff the same thing. When they saw the savings potential they immediatly offloaded that job onto you. Don't forget, when you self-check out you are doing free labour for grocery stores. The proof it is labour is that they will punish you if you do bad job. It is unreal that they get to do this.

https://youtu.be/h70fn1NStVw?si=MAPte0aQpGudGOBN

gently caress self-checkout and gently caress the Sobeys family.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

ElehemEare posted:

moi aussi merci

maybe that bookstore can help fund his podcast network so he doesn’t have to beg all the time

(I like Commons though)

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ElehemEare posted:

canadas slimy press has still largely declined to report on the fact that Macron called for a ceasefire and it’s now been 24 hours since BBC reported it. all theyve put out is half a video from CBC news net that was posted on YouTube much after the BBC article and a paywalled article from the G&M

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

if you wear a poppy you are scum. You have to wear the boot now

we’re all wearing it, comrade, right on the face

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

boots on our necks on page une mille nice

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
if you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot pinned to the front of your jacket - forever

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Virtual Russian posted:

My union gave me a neat little enamel pin that says I'm a covid hero though

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

the price of All Bran Buds is too drat high!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

vyelkin posted:

if you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot pinned to the front of your jacket - forever

lmfao

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I’ll never forgive Indigo for killing Chapters.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I'm an eink grocery store price sign repairman so this is $ in my pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

I’ll never forgive Indigo for killing Chapters.

still got one in halifax!

where chains go to die™