Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Tummy Kiss Oildome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Baby!
I like a tummy kiss oil dome and wrestling’s gay
oooohhh

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

tragically my request to call it Bet Sematary in October with the description Jase Goes To Hell: The Final Friday Night Smackdown was deemed "not the best idea".

I'm leaving any forum name changes to Brut because of the TKO competition but I'm partial to anything involving the Oildome. Oil Ocean Dome

Bad call tbh, great name

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

for pride month in June, can we call it The Gayfabe Octagon, in honor of Anthony Bowens

I like this

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

new new new new world oildome

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Official Gay Online Grapples Only

OGOGO

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Death to the gimmick names, just call it “wrestling forum”

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Vince

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
delete the subforum

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
make everyone go to epa

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

+1

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
good idea imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVEJEy5Td8

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I humbly suggest that people start getting sixers for posts like the following:

quote:

thought I'd pop my head in to see what's going on after yet another very good PPV, lol

never change, AEW thread

quote:

Some of us must’ve watched different matches because I don’t think OC or Jay White looked like geeks at all and I see some goons saying that.

quote:

Been liking this show so far (outside of Shida losing but it was inevitable), I must be watching a completely different ppv from some in this thread

quote:

people in this thread are on one tonight lol. show's been quite good

quote:

this rules I don't get this thread at all

The mods have already been clear in asking folks to engage with one another as opposed to making generalizations about groups/boards/threads as a whole. If possible, I'd like to officially make it a rule that those who want to complain about posting have to actually point out the specific post(s) they have issues with. Vague sniping like the above adds nothing to the conversation and just makes discussions unpleasant and repetitive. Thanks!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i personally don't think those are good examples of vague sniping that are probe worthy. they're disagreeing with the sentiment of others and they are not being especially inflammatory about it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I don't think it's a very good idea to force people to call out posts, but I agree that the worst part of this forum (which is a good forum) is that type of totally meaningless sniping poo poo instead of just posting about the thing we're all watching and into.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It is always always always the AEW can do no wrong freaks who talk poo poo about other posters, whereas the refined posters of culture who offer genuine criticism never stoop to that level. It's so annoying. Then they piss and cry when you tell them to gently caress off. I'm sick of it!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:agreed:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the way people act like it's causing them psychic damage by reading "anti MJF" posts is also really funny. might take a break from posting here from a while... who gives a poo poo!!!

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It is always always always the AEW can do no wrong freaks who talk poo poo about other posters, whereas the refined posters of culture who offer genuine criticism never stoop to that level. It's so annoying. Then they piss and cry when you tell them to gently caress off. I'm sick of it!

This is phrased harsher than I would have put it, and I will say it's not always one side or the other.

But as far as lately goes you are more or less correct.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

We are the softest place to discuss wrestling and none of those are bad, we got to get over ourselves

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

every time someone criticizes aew, the responses to it are uncomfortable. i've seen very awkward attempts to either soothe or bargain with the person, like telling them that wrestling is for everyone so ?????. and i've seen refusals of the opinion like "i don't know what's wrong with you" or "we watched a different thing" which i would much rather be called a freak 100 times than see that arrogant glasses resting on chin stuff. if you can't talk about the match or story itself and want to make it about the people talking about the match, just don't respond. talking about the shows isn't personal therapy and the people who are down on some things aren't mad or in need of inappropriate help. if you want to shoot the poo poo directly with people then please take a page out of the script where people try to make jokes toward eachother instead. a crapola joke is fine. way better than that stuff. edited post due to my wayner being out during it and not noticing.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 19, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, mods think trying to get everyone to get along is their job without realizing they're trying to get people to get along when

quote:

people in this thread are on one tonight lol. show's been quite good

This is enough of an ego blow to cause a call out. Not gonna work.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

People should probably just stop taking posts they don’t like as super serious personal attacks that demand retribution.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

talking about the shows isn't personal therapy and the people who are down on some things aren't mad or in need of inappropriate help. if you want to shoot the poo poo directly with people then please take a page out of the script where people try to make jokes toward eachother instead. a crapola joke is fine. way better than that stuff.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
none of those posts are worth a probation lol

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
they're not but also those kinds of posts are really bad and actually dont add poo poo to any conversation besides looking down on people for not enjoying everything. Like when me and someone else nominated that terrible shida vs toni storm match, both from in ring, story telling, and pattern of booking, was a wmotyc candidate and someone was like "i've seen worse, no way that could been a worse match" to us.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

thats not probation worthy either

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

these guys love drinking messily and hell,

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It should be a probe if you make fun of Cody in the WWE thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

not probe worthy but it should be ok to tell people posting that kinda junk to eff off. Imho!!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

It should be a probe if you make fun of Cody in the WWE thread

Now we’re cooking

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

people are gonna like what you dislike or dislike what you like and thats life. get over yourselves

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Cavauro posted:

every time someone criticizes aew, the responses to it are uncomfortable. i've seen very awkward attempts to either soothe or bargain with the person, like telling them that wrestling is for everyone so ?????. and i've seen refusals of the opinion like "i don't know what's wrong with you" or "we watched a different thing" which i would much rather be called a freak 100 times than see that arrogant glasses resting on chin stuff. if you can't talk about the match or story itself and want to make it about the people talking about the match, just don't respond.

This cuts to the heart of what's frustrating me, individuals who can't express their opinion without trivializing/mocking/dismissing those who feel differently. I don't think I'm being "called out" when someone vagueposts about having Correct Taste, all I feel is annoyed by those who bloat threads with remarks that amount to nothing more than "well I liked it so everyone who disagreed is wrong".

Those who take the "wrestling is for everyone" approach don't bother me as much, because at least in that case the intention behind the sentiment is clearly good. Just the same, posts in that vein can come off as condescending, as though as an adult I need to be reminded that Some People Are Different And That's Okay. I don't give a gently caress if people like the same kind of wrestling I do, I just want them to talk about whatever they do like without turning everything into a pissing contest.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Barry Bluejeans posted:

This cuts to the heart of what's frustrating me, individuals who can't express their opinion without trivializing/mocking/dismissing those who feel differently. I don't think I'm being "called out" when someone vagueposts about having Correct Taste, all I feel is annoyed by those who bloat threads with remarks that amount to nothing more than "well I liked it so everyone who disagreed is wrong".

Those who take the "wrestling is for everyone" approach don't bother me as much, because at least in that case the intention behind the sentiment is clearly good. Just the same, posts in that vein can come off as condescending, as though as an adult I need to be reminded that Some People Are Different And That's Okay. I don't give a gently caress if people like the same kind of wrestling I do, I just want them to talk about whatever they do like without turning everything into a pissing contest.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

historically periods of mods cracking down on dumb poo poo and giving out probations for stuff that really didn't need it and could easily be ignored made for some of the worst times this subforum has had

times like those also lead to moderator meltdowns and people quitting or being removed from the mod team because all the complaining about sixers etc breaks their brains

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

times like those also lead to moderator meltdowns and people quitting or being removed from the mod team because all the complaining about sixers etc breaks their brains

sounds good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the forum shouldnt be a hug box and people should be allowed to be critical or even dismissive of something if they dont like it so long as they are not breaking the greater rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the forum shouldnt be a hug box and people should be allowed to be critical or even dismissive of something if they dont like it so long as they are not breaking the greater rules

That was last week, this week's problem is that it's not a hug box where you can't be critical without people posting "I like it :)". Too much enjoyment here, needs to be stomped out