Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Literally every single one in Stone Island lol. The Great British Facist Casual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I saw some aerial footage and it looks absolutely massive.

The media are going to have their work cut out finding a handful of nutjobs chanting something anti-Semitic in a crowd of that size.

Sadly, they have already. I expect every single example will find its way on to twitter. There were bound to be some.
The usual suspects sharing these fail completely to mention the fash fighting in Whitehall & not a poppy to be seen amongst them.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

serious gaylord posted:

When I went to Tunisia for work one of our team forgot to turn off roaming and had racked up £200 of charges in the time it took her to leave the plane and get to the wifi in the terminal. Just from Outlook/Apps etc.

You also have to be careful elsewhere. When I was in Llandudno earlier this year and went up the Great Orme, I went on to the side facing Isle of Man and my phone started roaming on the Isle of Man system (but I had already set the phone not to use mobile data).

Also if you ever go to Sharm el Sheikh, it sometimes starts roaming on the Saudi networks. So even if you buy a local Egyptian SIM, it might start roaming!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
MAUREEN
WE PROTECTED THE CENOTAPH!!! ARE TOMMY CAME OUT AND HE SMILED AT DAZ
BAZ AND GAZ TRIED TO GET A CHANT OF 'ITS COMING HOME' BUT THE COPS SAID IT WASNT ALLOWED
GAZ SAID HE'D PUSH HIM AGAIN IF HE DOESN'T SHUT UP
NO SIGNS OF ANY TERRORISTS HERE AT THE MOMENT
WILL BRING BACK A CURRY ON WAY HOME

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Fifty brave lads arrested, these days, just for saying they were English.

Oct 4, 2005

Went to the protest last weekend, pretty good turnout for our small town.

Had a single counter protester who kept yelling incoherently about about Hamas.

Kept running into people and yelling "Counter protest!", reminded me very much of Alan Partridge running around yelling "I've got cheese!".

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Theres a bunch of nonces in the Tommy Robinson lot.

I mean convicted nonces, not you know, probable nonces.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
left belgravia around 1pm, ended up in vauxhall around 2.30. stayed around half an hour before legs were fuckin killing me so went home via pimlico and the march was still coming all the way down vauxhall bridge road. truly massive

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Tesseraction posted:

And because the met didn't contain the fash at the cenotaph they're now squaring up on Vauxhall Bridge https://twitter.com/lowles_nick/status/1723372124339855849

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Red Oktober posted:

The BBCs live blog coverage of this is really pro match, it’s nice to see. “Protest remains peaceful” a lot, pointing out that all the arrests are counter protestors etc. Refreshing.
A lot of wonderful headlines conflating the two though.

If you didn't know the situation (which most probably don't) it'd be easy to read that as the Palestine marchers being the ones arrested.

I'm sure the usuals will find a way of accusing the saffron stalinistas of southwark north of goading those poor innocent patriots who just happen to all have multiple violent convictions.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Was driving just now and the news segment was basically talking about how badly Cruella has hosed up for this to have gotten so out of control, so that's nice.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

"Demonstration for pale Palestine"? Is this the nazi demo? :dumbrim:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Just saw this shocking, shocking revelation on BBC live feed

quote:

Scotland Yard sources say many of the counter-protesters arrested are connected to football hooliganism, and some of them have previous convictions for football violence.

Wow, who would have guessed.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

bessantj posted:

Just saw this shocking, shocking revelation on BBC live feed

Wow, who would have guessed.

I saw yesterday that several "firms" (such as they are these days) had been openly talking about grouping together to defend the Cenotaph. It wasn't exactly secret knowledge

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Suella/Stella has a lot to answer for

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Suella is going to be a poo poo prime minister.

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
Shes gonna lose her job and at best get a gb news gig

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Lol at how badly she's hosed it

Thought she was about to usurp Rishi and instead demonstrated that she's more radioactive than the demon core

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what a stupid, horrible oval office

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Sunak is indirectly responsible for everything Suella does because he can fire her at any time.
So when she calls for the far-right to descend on London en masse, he's to blame for all the trouble they cause.
I get keeping her in post as a shield, but when your shield is making GBS threads all over you and everything you own, it's way past time to get rid of it.

I realise this also implicates Charlie, as he can get rid of Sunak whenever he wants, but I doubt sausage-hands wants a constitutional crisis right now. Although who the gently caress would even notice at this point?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Yes, Charlie, do it, succumb to the nominative determinism

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Theres a bunch of nonces in the Tommy Robinson lot.

I mean convicted nonces, not you know, probable nonces.

All right wing accusations and grievances are projection.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Which journo was it that was calling for people to surround and defend the cenotaph?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

bessantj posted:

Which journo was it that was calling for people to surround and defend the cenotaph?

Dan Hodges and Alison Pearson. Alison hasn't posted since this started and Dan Hodges is pissflapping

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Dan Hodges and Alison Pearson. Alison hasn't posted since this started and Dan Hodges is pissflapping

I think Alison was the one I was thinking of. No doubt she is very happy now, her jackboot thugs have defended the cenotaph successfully.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Cocaine seriously warps a lot of politics and financial poo poo in this country, and the Cenotaph got a taste of it today

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

quote:

[Sunak] says he condemns the "violent, wholly unacceptable scenes we have seen today from the EDL and associated groups and Hamas sympathisers attending the National March for Palestine".

I've not been around most of today but I'm not aware of any violence or unacceptable at all from the pro-Palestinian side?

In fact, the police said they were entering the "arrest phase" at a sit in at Waterloo station and then didn't make any arrests because the protestors dispersed entirely peacefully

Hmm yes clearly both sides are bad

edit:

quote:

"That is true for EDL thugs attacking police officers and trespassing on the Cenotaph, and it is true for those singing antisemitic chants and brandishing pro-Hamas signs and clothing on today's protest,"

Ah yes those two things are the same.

EvilHawk fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 11, 2023

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

EvilHawk posted:

I've not been around most of today but I'm not aware of any violence or unacceptable at all from the pro-Palestinian side?

In fact, the police said they were entering the "arrest phase" at a sit in at Waterloo station and then didn't make any arrests because the protestors dispersed entirely peacefully

I think the police arrested a small number of protesters (the figure I saw from the Met was 18) for chanting anti-Semitic slogans or having pro-Hamas banners, but no arrests for violence.

Meanwhile there's footage of the fash en masse chanting "Mohammed was a paedo" and "Who the gently caress is Allah?" directly at police with no consequences.

On an unrelated note, I feel for the women dancers on Strictly being made to wear a metal poppy pin right on their boob in skintight outfits. It must be quite painful having that dig in.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's alright dancers have no sense of touch so they can't detect it.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Pro-Hamas Clothing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You know who else wore clothes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Some intriguing viewing later on tonight on BBC1

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

An entire hour dedicated to Jeffrey Epstein.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Bobby Deluxe posted:

A lot of wonderful headlines conflating the two though.

If you didn't know the situation (which most probably don't) it'd be easy to read that as the Palestine marchers being the ones arrested.

I'm sure the usuals will find a way of accusing the saffron stalinistas of southwark north of goading those poor innocent patriots who just happen to all have multiple violent convictions.

I think if your having to sort of squint to imagine people being just about dumb enough in a convenient way for you to get upset at the BBC, you should probably cut them a bit of a slack there. The reporting seems... fine?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

They could probably be a bit clearer about the arrests but the reporting on the live page appears to be absolutely fine. Very clear that the pro-Palestinian march has been peaceful with minimal if any trouble, and the counter-protesters are far-right shits.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

Mad they're still including VideoPlus VCR codes in listings in 2023.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I did enjoy the banner with corbo and maccyD in it. Will he get booted out now as well for attending?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Bit of a mood whiplash there.

Going from fine British values into vile far left propaganda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Mad they're still including VideoPlus VCR codes in listings in 2023.

the cross over between people who buy paper tv guides and have automatic VCR taping is super strong i bet