Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

opposable thumbs.db posted:

It's 100% the right call, the announcers are dinosaurs. But just lol at the play call

yeah franklin was right to go for 2, wrong earlier and it bit him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

rjmccall posted:

They needed a two-point conversion, going for it on the first attempt is probably right

It's 100% right and any instinct to do otherwise is just borne out of your brain incorrectly tricking you into thinking the game technically isn't lost if you put off that decision to the last possible moment

You absolutely should not go for it with a swinging gate though

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Big brain poo poo to go for it and just lose right away instead of delaying the inevitable.

Based Franklin

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
gently caress yeah Blake

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Penn State should've stolen Michigan's signs imo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
OK, well we've been spared OT by Kansas' defense just falling the gently caress apart

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
The first two point attempt in general, that fourth down attempt on their own 30 or whatever, the second two point playcalling… what the hell

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I really don't think the stories about Michigan making "yeah, we loving knowingly cheated, we made it our whole institution in fact, what you gonna loving do about it" into some swagger rallying cry are as charming as the announcers think they are

but that's me idk

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

PostNouveau posted:

OK, well we've been spared OT by Kansas' defense just falling the gently caress apart

Can't imagine that was going to go KU's way anyway.

drat, imagine if this team hadn't gotten not one by two quarterbacks injured this season.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

xbilkis posted:

What if your goal is to entertain sickos who hate you

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

Can't imagine that was going to go KU's way anyway.

drat, imagine if this team hadn't gotten not one by two quarterbacks injured this season.

Oh yeah they probably walk backward into a win today with Bean with the way the defense was playing (until the last 30 seconds)

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Jivesauce posted:

Penn State should've stolen Michigan's signs imo.

I'm not sure that would have done anything because Franklin would still have decided to not let his defense hang on

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

30 straight runs. The most Big Ten win. The biggest gently caress You. I love it.

e: wow gently caress I love Moore, it was already cool being the only OC in the country who was also the sole offensive line coach, now he goes to HC and says "gently caress it we RUN"

Dance McPants fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 11, 2023

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

xbilkis posted:

It's 100% right and any instinct to do otherwise is just borne out of your brain incorrectly tricking you into thinking the game technically isn't lost if you put off that decision to the last possible moment

Here's the thing, though: players have human brains too with the same biases

they're gonna play a lot harder down by 8 than down by 9

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Texas Tech with the win barring something really ridiculous.

I was briefly angry with the receiver who didn't try to go out of bounds so they could center the ball and call time out, just because of college kickers in general.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
goddamn right sherrone

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Crying for Harbaugh lmao

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
lmao look at Blake's face

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

What a loser lmao

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Give Michigan the death penalty for this postgame interview

It's so hard to make cursing in an interview not cool, but when you're moved to tears because of Injustice Against The University of Michigan and Jim Harbaugh it just doesn't hit the same

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

General Dog posted:

Going for two there isn’t absurd, since they were going to have to get one before end of regulation regardless and it gives you the chance to go for the win at the end if you’re really feeling yourself.

But the play was a bit cute.

I get the point situation sort of. That said, Penn State's defense has been great. You still have to get a stop/get the onside. But if you don't convert which they didn't you are now in a 2 possession game no matter what. I can see both sides but I'd take the extra point in this specific situation.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Crying for Harbaugh lmao

more embarrassing than penn state's offense

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Hahahah this is the best interview ever dude is cussing his rear end off

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The hell are you even hoping for there Kansas? Pass interference?

I hate you more than usual for taking away my funny lateral attempt.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

they're so proud of being exposed as cheaters

death penalty this entire team

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Crying and cursing on TV lmfao I hate these loving losers vacate all this poo poo

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Lmao. These cheating buttholes crying. I’m still looking forward to see what comes from #b2llc investigation

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Give Michigan the death penalty for this postgame interview

It's so hard to make cursing in an interview not cool, but when you're moved to tears because of Injustice Against The University of Michigan and Jim Harbaugh it just doesn't hit the same
:hai:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We didn't deserve to win that anyway it was kind of hard to watch to be honest

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dude what the gently caress is up with the University of Michigan that it makes people like this

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Can we bring McSorely back.....that was fun

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Finally. Genuine Michigan Man here, sitting at a sidewalk cafe near the Alcazar in Seville, frantically smashing the F5 key for the past hour. My long suffering wife is not amused any more.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Lmao that post game interview.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Tulane gets a first down to put the bow on another close win against a poo poo team

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Cheaters talking about culture and patting themselves on the back. So noble

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Calling 30 straight run plays while whispering "For Jim..." under your breath each time

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

lmao look at Blake's face

Looks like dude trimmed his eyebrows with a cheese grater

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

predicto posted:

Finally. Genuine Michigan Man here, sitting at a sidewalk cafe near the Alcazar in Seville, frantically smashing the F5 key for the past hour. My long suffering wife is not amused any more.

the amount of blood coming from blake in the postgame is just a hilarious demonstration of how that game was won, dude's face was hamburger

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

i am a moron posted:

Crying and cursing on TV lmfao I hate these loving losers vacate all this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I hate the Big Ten, everyone is poo poo