Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FizFashizzle posted:

Also I’m so goddamn hung over why do I do this to myself

Turning thirty loving sucks and it doesn't get better over the next decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Covid nonwithstanding, every year of my 30s has been better than most of my 20s. Your mileage may vary.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Sure!

I’ve edited it a little over the years but it’s the same for the most part.

I've made a version of your chili before

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rectal Placenta posted:

How's everybody's Saturday going so far? There's a squirrel inside a wall in my garage that I'm hunting with a thermal camera! And it's conveniently in the stud bay with the 40A 220v circuit in it!

Used a leaf blower for the entirety of its 15 minute battery, opened my shed to find something made a huge nest in it, gonna take a 6 mile walk through an aqueduct path by my house now and ponder life (fiddle with my phone while listening to podcasts)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I've made a version of your chili before

It’s not mine but I did get it from here. I wanna say Wheez but last time I said that I feel like someone corrected me but I just can’t remember whose it is

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I'm sick with some sort of respiratory infection so I'm staying home and snuggling with the pup. Upside: I'll still be able to try out my new Ooni pizza maker

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s not mine but I did get it from here. I wanna say Wheez but last time I said that I feel like someone corrected me but I just can’t remember whose it is

I think I lifted it from Wheez in a GWS Chili Cookoff thread years ago, though in my decrepit older age I’ve softened on having beans in there to cut back on acidity and because fiber is life,

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thaddius the Large posted:

I think I lifted it from Wheez in a GWS Chili Cookoff thread years ago, though in my decrepit older age I’ve softened on having beans in there to cut back on acidity and because fiber is life,

Oh I definitely add the beans love some beans in chili

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man I get a lot done on Saturdays when I don't drink on Friday. Up at 6 and everything was done by 11am that I needed to do. Time to watch football then work out.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Rectal Placenta posted:

How's everybody's Saturday going so far? There's a squirrel inside a wall in my garage that I'm hunting with a thermal camera! And it's conveniently in the stud bay with the 40A 220v circuit in it!

Scrambling to get the wife and kid (and sister in law) ready to fly out tonight. Sure wish we had done some of this last night!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Not the best pic but so good

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My lady's at a class to be a ham radio operator today and I've decided that I have no intentions of being productive this weekend at all. I will do laundry though since I enjoy it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Not the best pic but so good

:hf: Chili Bro

White bean turkey chili.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Android Apocalypse posted:

My cousin works for Disney on Ice and was able to comp me tickets for their show here in Portland.

First act was Frozen. A majority of the children attending were dressed as Elsa.
When my nieces went to see Disney on Ice they both went as Elsa. It's just a thing.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

White bean turkey chili.

Chili Purists just screaming at their monitors right now

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Don’t give a fuuuuuuuuuck

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Rectal Placenta posted:

Beans in chili own.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

As long as it tastes good, I don't care what you call it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

“Purist” is just shorthand for “rear end in a top hat” anyhow

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1723372318724956417

This is probably bad for a $270m budget right? Oof

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Did they even bother advertising for it? I had no idea it even came out

Not that I’d go see it in the theater but still.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
We're celebrating my mom and my brother-in-law's birthdays today, going to a teppanyaki restaurant. The first choice was already booked so we went with a second choice that's like 4 miles away.

Getting reservations for 8 people gets dicey.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Awww yessss

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

Even marketing drones are tired of Marvel

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

Was all over football games at least the only advertising I really see

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I really enjoyed the Loki finale. My only questions are, where does he poop. like, what does he eat

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Joey Freshwater posted:

A huge part of advertising is the cast doing media appearances and things like the late night and daytime talk show circuit. The strike prevented that from being a thing, so the only real advertisement was straight up TV commercials, which are also at an all time lower viewership wise.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Haven't made chili in awhile, looks like tomorrow has to be the day now. Good excuse to go to the butcher and drool over some short ribs or oxtail

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Only in every single nfl game based on my experience

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Air Skwirl posted:

Next one is even worse. :corsair:

In retrospect, quitting drinking was the single best thing I did in my 40s.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’ve cut way down on my drinking after hitting 40, mostly because of hangover reasons, but also because I just don’t go out a whole lot anymore. Even one beer at home can cause me to have sleep issues.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

This morning my wife and I went to a drug take back event the local pharmacy school was throwing. My wife went to precept and be the "license" while I went for moral support and ended doing a little teaching myself. Then we bought like 80 bucks of cheese and charcuterie stuff at Aldi's. We ate Jalapeño popper dip we got at Sams Club for lunch and now we are in the backyard with a fire going and playing with the new LED lighting system I installed. Currently enjoying the "Candle Warm" setting, before programming in the various color settings for sports teams so we can light it up on gameday.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

So far so good on the foster cat intro to the rest of the house. My grey lady, who was totally cool rolling around in the blankets the foster slept in and climbing up their smelly cat towers, has been doing a lot hissing and growling but no actual fighting. Meanwhile my fluffy boy has decided to chill in his bed in the cat tree even though he's been the most hissy and growly about the new cats smells and faces until now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

What's a good album to put on right now? First choice best choice (maybe).

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Hanging in the yard by a fire?

Sufjan Stevens's Michigan

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

swickles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mahfDsJubiw&list=OLAK5uy_k3y73zbUQxAMHcrC992GMXmPC3Gb-IW0c&index=2

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

swickles posted:

Beirut's new album just came out yesterday. He wrote it while watching auroras on an island in Norway after a bit of a nervous breakdown and it kind of feels like that.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Too much teppanyaki, so stuffed.

The nieces loved the flames and the koi pond outside.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

swickles posted:

For some reason I've had Janis Joplin's Mercedes Benz stuck in my head all week, so maybe whatever album that's on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol my gf is drunk and confused as why. She bought some new beer earlier but didn’t realize they were 10% she’s had 5 of them