Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Laserface posted:

I noticed that in the beta too. Felt like I had to mag dump to kill anyone but everyone else was getting me in 3 hits or less from the same gun.

Whats the cheapest way to play this piece of poo poo?

Black Friday/Cyber Monday is just around the corner i’d wait for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Yearly reminder that the Kill Cam has always shown an approximation of what happened using game data rather than what Actually Happened using a recording and you shouldn’t be getting mad at video games over it.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

Soul Glo posted:

Yearly reminder that the Kill Cam has always shown an approximation of what happened using game data rather than what Actually Happened using a recording and you shouldn’t be getting mad at video games over it.

lol mw19 had issues where you would be deleted instantly in MP if someone was using certain high fire rate guns and the kill cam would look perfectly normal because of tick rate. see ya again next year I guess

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I hate/love how dumb this stupid game is and hate/love that it is exactly my kind of stupid

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

VanillaGorilla posted:

I hate/love how dumb this stupid game is and hate/love that it is exactly my kind of stupid

:same: the parts that annoy me only reinforce it. Like killstreaks are annoying and encourage bad play but it's counterbalanced by it being really funny when you blow someone's hard won chopper gunner out of the sky in 10 seconds.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Reminder that if you own MW2, the RAAL with incendiary ammo will kill any plane, chopper or drone killstreak in about twenty rounds, which takes you maybe three seconds from spawning in. It is deeply funny.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Soul Glo posted:

Have you considered getting gud

noooooo :negative:

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I deeply love the WSP even though it’s a pretty dumb gun.

Just sliding around maps hooting and hollering like a fool, you can’t intimidate me with your “snipers” and your “range”

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Yesterday I got the square smoke bug. Apparently this started in MW19 but this is the first time I’ve had to deal with it. The one fix I found on Google didn’t work. :negative:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
So I haven't yet played the game. Will tonight. But I watched a jackfrags video on the Armory. So basically its just a way to limit/force a grind to earn more unlocks that normally would just be done by finishing the first 55 levels of the normal progression?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I mean it allows you to target unlocks if you’re good at challenges, I guess.

It just kind of sucks when you get a daily that involves something you haven’t unlocked yet (e.g. today I got “get 2 kills with breacher drones”), although I guess i could do zombies or whatever.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Gotcha. He also mentioned you can just extract with guns and things in Zombies to unlock stuff and circumvent the armory.

Orv
May 4, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

It just kind of sucks when you get a daily that involves something you haven’t unlocked yet (e.g. today I got “get 2 kills with breacher drones”), although I guess i could do zombies or whatever.

If you find a breacher drone in zombies and extract it with it as your equipped lethal - so not in your backpack - it'll unlock for MP. Could be faster than doing the challenges before you get hosed on that again.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

soggybagel posted:

Gotcha. He also mentioned you can just extract with guns and things in Zombies to unlock stuff and circumvent the armory.

See, if everything was unlocked with level here? Armory wouldn't be bad.

But uh, some stuff is Armory Only, as far as I can tell.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Okay, I've had my fun with regular playlists.

Bring me my Rust 24/7, dammit.

VanillaGorilla posted:

I learned a trick for when this happens: check the default, uncustomized classes in MP. They have a load of gear that doesn't unlock till way later as you level up. I got the breacher drone one, and completed it because one of the default classes has breacher drones, and finished the MCW assault rifle weekly challenges the same way.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 13, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Okay, I've had my fun with regular playlists.

Bring me my Rust 24/7, dammit.

And here I am, loading into Rust and thinking to myself "oh you guys really think this box is your de_dust, don't you."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I just like the dumb little moshpit maps in each game. A solid 75% of my time in MW2 was spent in Shipment.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 13, 2023

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Soul Glo posted:

That's always been true. However, this feels way worse than 2022 did.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

It was a fun weekend but this is a $40 game at best and I think I paid $99 for it

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

It was a fun weekend but this is a $40 game at best and I think I paid $99 for it

And I burned $69.99 because Friday I realized I bought MWII twice and only did MP on that.

That said, Homelander with an uzi.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Almost through the first act of zombies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odT8sohAH-Q
Final exfil in the gas gets a bit crazy.

Be careful and don't gently caress around with getting on after a countdown. It's Glitchy and you will die, as the chopper is taking off.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

When they advertise an upcoming free weekend ingame, could a kind goon please let us in the thread know. I still want to give the zombies mode a try.

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 13, 2023

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I am playing this dumb game and I'm sure it is an addictive substance because I hate every second of it yet I cannot stop.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I played DMZ (MW2) yesterday and it was still very active.

Saves me quite a bit of money at least until WZ2 is retired for good.

Unless they introduce a similar (free) bot killing multiplayer in Warzone 3, I'll just move on to something else.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 13, 2023

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
When/if DMZ dies, I'm more likely to give Tarkov a go than MWIII.

In other news, I just got my first bounty on me for killing 4 operators on Ashika. I've had other games with more kills without getting a bounty, so I'm not sure what the rules are for getting it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I updated a just prior to Halloween to make sure I was set up to play Warzone for the spooky bits. I didn't actually play but it required something like 60GB of data. Last night I thought 'hey I wanna play some Warzone!' so clicked into the now nightmarishly fuckawful menu system to play. I get to Warzone, click into it and it tells me I need a further 30GB update.

So effectively it has downloaded an obscene amount of data to not have the bit that I actually want to play available.

Utter shite. I just deleted it outright and it will no longer take up a ridiculous amount of space on my SSD.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Zombies works really well for leveling bad guns. You can call in an evac chopper and just kill everything that spawns. When you use your power mapped to Q(no idea what it is on controller), everything killed with it will level up whatever weapon you are currently holding. MP on small maps will definitely level guns much faster, but it’s a decent alternative until then.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Zombies works really well for leveling bad guns. You can call in an evac chopper and just kill everything that spawns. When you use your power mapped to Q(no idea what it is on controller), everything killed with it will level up whatever weapon you are currently holding. MP on small maps will definitely level guns much faster, but it’s a decent alternative until then.

It's just the Field Upgrade command (Lethal/Tactical buttons), so either both Bumpers or both Triggers if you play flipped.

But yeah, I think that's also how it was in Cold War, too: level your bad guns in Zombies then bring them into MP. Moreso now because the Armory went and hosed up attachments for the time being.

That said, you could just grab a vehicle and run people over. The XP goes into your currently held gun. :v:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Why does Call of Duty NEVER launch with gun game (one of the few fun modes) until a few weeks or months after release? The lack of this and knockout mode probably means there's not much here for me.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Every time I've tried to go to Koschei the last week the game has timef out. Great stuff.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

Why does Call of Duty NEVER launch with gun game (one of the few fun modes) until a few weeks or months after release? The lack of this and knockout mode probably means there's not much here for me.

To dipfeed content. Same reason we don't have every MW2 2022 map in the game.

RBX fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 13, 2023

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I got to play for about an hour last night after work. I've gotta say it is with a heavy heart that the game audio is really good. Foot steps are directionaly audible. The movement feels good. I've been playing call of duty since day 1 so these old maps do have some weird muscle memory in them but overall I don't really like a lot of these classic maps. I feel like Terminal feels way too big. I feel like a lot of these maps feel way too big for 6 v 6.

Also, I got this game for free. I would never pay full price for this, especially if Zombies doesn't excite you at all.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Playing with Covert Boots and Bone Induction perks is something else.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I'll say with the addition of the armory and burying daily challenges even further the UI continues to get busier, more annoying, and more cluttered than ever!

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Anyone able to complete the weekly triple kill sniper challenge?

I def got a sniper triple kill medal today with the recommended sniper, but it didn’t proc.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Anyone able to complete the weekly triple kill sniper challenge?

I def got a sniper triple kill medal today with the recommended sniper, but it didn’t proc.

I just skipped that challenge. You only need 5 of the 7 challenges done, and aint no way was I gonna get a triple with a loving AMR. Or for that matter, getting slide kills.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I was mistaken and thought the weekly unlocked a weapon, but it’s just a skin? For what? Where do I find it? I mean it’s been said repeatedly but the UI is really obtuse.

Game’s fun though and MWZ is fun as well if it weren’t for randomly teleporting out of the exfil into the void :argh:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Zwille posted:

I was mistaken and thought the weekly unlocked a weapon, but it’s just a skin? For what? Where do I find it? I mean it’s been said repeatedly but the UI is really obtuse.

Game’s fun though and MWZ is fun as well if it weren’t for randomly teleporting out of the exfil into the void :argh:

It's actually a kit. You unlocked an attachment for the MCW.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
oh lol. I used one of the preset classes because I didn’t have the MCW yet. Thing’s a laser though, good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm genuinely now at the point I reckon there's some weird buggy behaviour going on, or they've woefully underprovisioned infra whilst they're running MW2 and MW3 concurrently.

I'm a 'solid' player; I can top scoreboards in MW2 with regularity, mostly by preying on people just not having map awareness, whilst in MW3 I'm perpetually getting insta-deleted (like most deaths I feel like I've been hit by a OHK Sniper) but then it turns out I was shot 5-6 times. Just to check I'd not mysteriously turned bad, I went back to MW2 and yep, doing just fine. As already mentioned, killcams are unreliable because they're interpolations, but despite feeling like a longer TTK, when receiving if anything it feels like TTK is even shorter than MW2, and I can't fathom why.