Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Esran posted:

The point is that he's being called slurs for being Jewish, because the guy at the gym is angry at Israel and buys into the lie that Jewish people must be Zionist. And apparently, so does the journalist.

The journalist ends up writing an article that reads like

If they weren't interested in conflating Judaism with Zionism, they could have picked any other example of antisemitism, of the dozens they apparently have to choose from, and not the one where a racist mixes up the two and is then proven right.

Edit: On second thought, this doesn't loving matter. I think everyone agrees that there is an attempt to conflate Zionism and Judaism, and that this is something western media likes to do. I wasn't trying to minimize antisemitism, I just found it galling that the article just happened to pick a zionist as the representative for victims of antisemitism.

I totally see where you’re coming from but at the same time I think it’s extremely important to call out legitimate antisemitic rhetoric as that poo poo will immediately be used to torpedo any traction that the Palestinian solidarity movement gains in the west.

It’s really striking to me that Hamas/Hezbollah/Iran etc are really restrained in the language they use when discussing Israel; I don’t think that I’ve seen any official statements using the term “Jew” or racial language in general.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

rgocs posted:

I get that support from anywhere is great; but that slogan sounds so "me me me". I'm no expert, but I struggle to see climate justice being a current Palestinian concern.

you would be very wrong. For starters, US support for Israel is largely about oil.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/GarlicCorgi/status/1723852615392325858

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

ty for your service.

as an oldhead I'm thinking about joining the next picket of a local pol's home.

Willa's been put to shame by Nichael's grandma

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Calibanibal posted:

the most essential tool of agricaulture is dirt, dumbass. have you never seen Waterworld

Try growing crops without water...idiot

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Zarlog posted:

Glad he finally got it back

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Wow I can't believe they got Leslie Stahl to cover for warcrimes, wow what did they have to do? Ask?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Confusedslight posted:

I'm very much in a bubble of people who support Palestine but I wonder what really the broader public really think. Because surely most people believe war crimes are bad right?....

Palay-stinn? I never heard of that team, which conference?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

PhilippAchtel posted:

Willa's been put to shame by Nichael's grandma

yah, I'm not down for going to prison, even if I do rule at playing spades.

catch me if I lose my under-market rental & I might reconsider, tho.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Any confirmation that US troops were killed?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
GBS-ishly trying to put together some play on Palestine and Emperor Palpatine but failing every time, then posting it anyway

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Ardennes posted:

Palay-stinn? I never heard of that team, which conference?

The only Pale Stein I want is an ice cold beer down at the pub

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

apatheticman posted:

Wow I can't believe they got Leslie Stahl to cover for warcrimes, wow what did they have to do? Ask?

Leslie Stahlhelm

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bouillon Rube posted:

I totally see where you’re coming from but at the same time I think it’s extremely important to call out legitimate antisemitic rhetoric as that poo poo will immediately be used to torpedo any traction that the Palestinian solidarity movement gains in the west.
that's true. ultimately i think people have to take responsibility for their own movement, and it can cause you a hell of a lot of problems, but i don't think it should be done for some strictly utilitarian reason. people should call it out because anti-semitism is hateful and negative and it's also serious poo poo and people can get hurt. but if your cause is just then there's no problem calling it out.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Ba5ic
Nov 12, 2023

by VG

ghost of kissinger posted:

Israel split water rights 80/20 for water in Palestine between settlers and their concentration camps

And now they've cut off the little water they did get. This is very much the first of the water wars

cool but these "water wars" have nothing to do with the climate, and are more a way for one side to enact revenge. it isn't out of necessity, but plain cruelty.

the old boomer awkwardly grabbing the mic from greta is an idiot partly because he "just wants to grill" but at a climate protest, heaven forbid they talk about other current issues as well. however greta, or whoever her aids are, need to learn to focus and prioritize their poo poo before they start getting bogged down in literally every ongoing conflict in the world while trying to pivot to some epic climate action like turning yourself in to the police etc.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ba5ic posted:

however greta, or whoever her aids are, need to learn to focus and prioritize their poo poo before they start getting bogged down in literally every ongoing conflict in the world

what

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

titty_baby_ posted:

Try growing crops without water...idiot

water falls out of the loving sky, my kitten

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The Intercept has been running some decent investigative pieces.

ANTI-DEFAMATION LEAGUE MAPS JEWISH PEACE RALLIES WITH ANTISEMITIC ATTACKS

quote:

ON OCTOBER 27, several thousand Jews and their allies shut down the main terminal of Grand Central Station during rush hour in New York City, demanding a ceasefire in Gaza. Organized by Jewish Voice for Peace, the activists at the peaceful sit-in wore black T-shirts that read “Not In Our Name.” “It’s the largest sit-in protest the city has seen in over two decades,” Democracy Now!’s Amy Goodman said. About 400 people were arrested, including rabbis.

The Anti-Defamation League has classified the event — and dozens of other protests led by Jewish groups like Jewish Voice for Peace and IfNotNow — as “anti-Israel,” according to an analysis by The Intercept, and added them to their database documenting rising antisemitism across the U.S.

ISRAELI SPYWARE FIRM NSO DEMANDS “URGENT” MEETING WITH BLINKEN AMID GAZA WAR LOBBYING EFFORT

quote:

ON NOVEMBER 7, NSO Group, the Israeli spyware company infamous for its Pegasus phone-tapping technology, sent an urgent email and letter by UPS to request a meeting with Secretary of State Antony Blinken and officials at the U.S. State Department.

“I am writing on behalf of NSO Group to urgently request an opportunity to engage with Secretary Blinken and the officials at the State Department regarding the importance of cyber intelligence technology in the wake of the grave security threats posed by the recent Hamas terrorist attacks in Israel and their aftermath,” wrote Timothy Dickinson, partner at the Los Angeles-based law firm Paul Hastings, headquartered in Los Angeles, on behalf of NSO.

In the last two years NSO’s reputation has taken a beating amid revelations about its spyware’s role in human rights abuses.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

greta's handlers (who i suspect to be the muslim brotherhood) need to keep her in her loving lane

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ba5ic posted:

cool but these "water wars" have nothing to do with the climate, and are more a way for one side to enact revenge. it isn't out of necessity, but plain cruelty.

the old boomer awkwardly grabbing the mic from greta is an idiot partly because he "just wants to grill" but at a climate protest, heaven forbid they talk about other current issues as well. however greta, or whoever her aids are, need to learn to focus and prioritize their poo poo before they start getting bogged down in literally every ongoing conflict in the world while trying to pivot to some epic climate action like turning yourself in to the police etc.

Thunberg's movement is NOT Extinction Rebellion, and XR's problems with them exhibiting "Fed behavior", to put it bluntly, have little to do with the fact that it's climate change that they've chosen as their issue

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Calibanibal posted:

water falls out of the loving sky, my kitten

Okay. Have fun doing agriculture in the desert with rainfall alone

Ba5ic
Nov 12, 2023

by VG

Calibanibal posted:

greta's handlers (who i suspect to be the muslim brotherhood) need to keep her in her loving lane

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I don’t think opposing genocide is going to overly detract from any message about climate change, you can do both.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 03:36 on Nov 13, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Get this: Genocide is bad AND climate change is bad.
Unlike climate change, we can at least attempt to do something about the genocide happening right now!

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Al-Saqr posted:

im sure they'll find the super secret cobra headquarters in the hospital under all the babies theyve killed.

https://www.youtube.com/live/TZ3mxF4U__k?si=yIWE04eS5kZI68l2

shocked and appalled that youtube allows the idf to just livestream this sick filth

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

FlapYoJacks posted:

Unlike climate change, we can at least attempt to do something about the genocide happening right now!

we can do something about climate change but it involves dis-empowering the same people and institutions that doing something about genocide would

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Calibanibal posted:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Ba5ic posted:

however greta, or whoever her aids are, need to learn to focus and prioritize their poo poo before they start getting bogged down in literally every ongoing conflict in the world

You do understand that this is the biggest issue in the world right now, both in activist circles and outside them, right?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

titty_baby_ posted:

Okay. Have fun doing agriculture in the desert with rainfall alone

THE DESERT DOESNT HAVE DIRT YOU CLOWN, ITS SAND. reported. dont @ me again

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

The Voice of Labor posted:

we can do something about climate change but it involves dis-empowering the same people and institutions that doing something about genocide and also said climate change

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

There are no "lanes". If you feel strongly about a subject, speak out on it. The crocodile tears over Greta not sticking just to climate stuff is dumb.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The Voice of Labor posted:

we can do something about climate change but it involves dis-empowering the same people and institutions that doing something about genocide would

Nah. We are utterly and thoroughly hosed because unlike Israel, climate change involves every country, AND their militaries, and the rich. Climate change isn’t getting solved, ever.

Ba5ic
Nov 12, 2023

by VG

FlapYoJacks posted:

lol we absolutely cant do anything about it. this is why i said hamas overplayed their hand. israel does not give a poo poo anymore about upholding international law. it may never have, but at least the pretense was there. now what you're seeing is just carnage backed by the entirety of the western sphere.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Greta should just roll the footage of Israeli tanks uprooting olive groves and point to the current suburban arizona-rear end vibe of the settlements. Enraging, lol.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
american soldiers were sighted fighting alongside israelis in Gaza

https://twitter.com/qudsnen/status/1723791891311792484?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

They're going to claim that the US advisors were looking for American citizens.