Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

In response to the question about "why is Bryce supposed to be good" coming out - combo of arm talent and decision making plus in particular one of the best anticipation throwers as a prospect ever. Which is a problem when you're attempting to throw to guys who never actually get open so there's nothing to anticipate

Bryce makes his mistakes as every rookie does, but I see a whole lot of

it's 3rd and 9 because there's two failed runs - currently the run game is averagine 2.1 ypc
33 year old possession receiver, rookie possession receiver, 3rd year never will be possession receiver listing up field stride for stride with the corner on a year 2000 rear end route concept
High angle shows no one close to open or seperating
free rusher busts through the middle of the offensive line
Bryce throws one as late as possible gets loving decked
ball is in the air while the receiver isn't even in their break.
Ball hits receiver in the hands and ends up in complete.
Punt team trots out

"MAN BRYCE SUCKS" in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Man Bryce sucks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stolen from cian who i understand who that is but it doesn't matter in this case and i don't like posting tweets these days

lmao at the routes and players running them for the carolina panthers. simple as

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

that sucks for the panthers and might end up being a leaf/manning kinda thing. even if stroud falls off and it's not that comparable, the resources to acquire bryce puts the team in a poo poo spot for a while. then after all of that it turns out the owner is impulsive and hands on in a bad way. it's bleak.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sour Diesel posted:

that sucks for the panthers and might end up being a leaf/manning kinda thing. even if stroud falls off and it's not that comparable, the resources to acquire bryce puts the team in a poo poo spot for a while. then after all of that it turns out the owner is impulsive and hands on in a bad way. it's bleak.

At least the Jags, Dolphins and Bengals realised they needed to fix their protection and get some receiver help and did so within two years for all three of their QBs. Remains to be seen if the Panthers are capable of doing anything close to that though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Cavauro posted:

stolen from cian who i understand who that is but it doesn't matter in this case and i don't like posting tweets these days

lmao at the routes and players running them for the carolina panthers. simple as

also the right guard is trying to make sure that even if there's a miracle there'll be an ineligible receiver downfield flag

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:suicide:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Not since the 1940s have Carolinans felt this much hatred for a Reich.

He must be stopped.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

CJ Stroud.

Lock thread.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Panthers offense is very bad, yes, but after watching both of them for multiple games now you can clearly see Stroud and Young are different tiers of quarterbacks.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
On Pardon the Interruption a few days ago, Wilbon and Kornheiser posed the question of if it was fair to compare Bryce Young and CJ Stroud, given their situations.

They both said yes, and pointed out that Young was seemingly in a better situation than Stroud before the season started.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
If Billy jeans can survive the titans offensive line I think he’ll be pretty good next season

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Edward Mass posted:

On Pardon the Interruption a few days ago, Wilbon and Kornheiser posed the question of if it was fair to compare Bryce Young and CJ Stroud, given their situations.

They both said yes, and pointed out that Young was seemingly in a better situation than Stroud before the season started.

while i would generally agree with the overall point, "the panthers were overrated to begin the season" doesn't seem like a particularly relevant argument.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stroud hasn't beaten a good qb yet and doesn't face one this year. bryce has beaten the #1 or #2 mvp candidate. teams will have more digestible and easily adaptable film on stroud over the offseason. bryce hasn't been able to show his hand because of how the cards keep catching on fire, burning up, exploding, falling through the floorboards, melting, disintegrating, flash-eroding, dissolving, turning back into pure cellulose, etc. so he will remain a mystery going into year 2. advantage: don't know yet. i'm just fooling. i support giving the little fella time to level and gear up his heroes

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Ignoring the Bryce/STroud comparisons for a minute, when was the last time a rookie QB looked as good as Stroud? He looks like loving Peyton Manning back there, it’s wild.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

justin herbert was insane and got a "hey that's pretty good for a rookie" reaction to it for whatever reason. e: 4300 yards, 31 TDs + 5 rushing in 15 games

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 13, 2023

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Cavauro posted:

stroud hasn't beaten a good qb yet and doesn't face one this year. bryce has beaten the #1 or #2 mvp candidate. teams will have more digestible and easily adaptable film on stroud over the offseason. bryce hasn't been able to show his hand because of how the cards keep catching on fire, burning up, exploding, falling through the floorboards, melting, disintegrating, flash-eroding, dissolving, turning back into pure cellulose, etc. so he will remain a mystery going into year 2. advantage: don't know yet. i'm just fooling. i support giving the little fella time to level and gear up his heroes

Joe Burrow isn't a good QB?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Didn't Mac Jones also loo great his rookie year

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
He was good for a rookie but not in the same galaxy as how Stroud has played.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mac Jones was basically perfectly average his rookie year. Middle of the pack on basically every meaningful metric.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Ignoring the Bryce/STroud comparisons for a minute, when was the last time a rookie QB looked as good as Stroud? He looks like loving Peyton Manning back there, it’s wild.

RG3

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

god RG3's rookie season ruled so much.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

E: lol not GDT

Black Lighter fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 13, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whos that broooown posted:

Joe Burrow isn't a good QB?

i wish you would have gone on the ride of that impish little devilish little post

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alaois posted:

FedEx field ruined RG3's career the way NRG field ruined Clowney's

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Alaois posted:

RG3 did look incredible but he most electric as a runner, he had 2 300yd passing games. Stroud’s already got 4 of those.

So in 14 games RG3 had 3200 yds passing, 20 passing TDs, 5 INTs, 65.6% completion, 815 yds rushing, and 7 Rushing TDs. So about 4,015 all purpose yards and 27 TDs. Yea Jesus that was a good year.

Stroud in 9 games has 2626 yds passing, 15 passing TDs, 2 INTs, 61.6% completion, 86 yds rushing an 2 rushing TDs. So about 2700 total yds and 17 TDs in 5 less games.

drat that’s actually going to be pretty close across a 14 game stretch but Stroud’s numbers will all be as a traditional drop back passer which gives me way more confidence in him long term.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Cavauro posted:

i wish you would have gone on the ride of that impish little devilish little post

Saw enough and decided it wasn't for me

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://twitter.com/HaydenWinks/status/1723829201541992917?s=20

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Strouds MVP

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't really believe Stroud will win MVP but has any rookie ever done it before?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Intruder posted:

I don't really believe Stroud will win MVP but has any rookie ever done it before?

Not since Jim Brown. Mahomes won it in his first year as a starter, but that was his second in the league.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tua might crack 5000 and 40+ TDs at his current rate. Him, Mahomes and Lamar are probably going to be hard to run down.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Tua might crack 5000 and 40+ TDs at his current rate. Him, Mahomes and Lamar are probably going to be hard to run down.

The thing is, I don’t think anyone has really had a sure fire MVP season yet. Everyone has had enough bad games that I could see some dark horse pulling away with it in the later weeks

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I was reading an article about the Raiders new rookie QB and I came upon a little tidbit about our boy Bryce

quarterback trainer Jeff Christensen posted:

Coming up to the line of scrimmage, one of the most impressive things is that [O’Connell] has been able to shift protections. That is such a key,” Fitz said.

“To use an example of another quarterback, coming into the draft I was told by some people that know college football and cover the Alabama program that Bryce Young’s biggest issue was not anything physical, but he wasn’t great at figuring out how to shift protection for his offensive line. He needed to work on that. What we’ve seen this year is he gets sacked all the time. That’s a progression for a young quarterback.”

Source: https://www.raidersbeat.com/respected-qb-coach-once-said-aidan-oconnell-is-the-most-accurate-quarterback-he-has-ever-coached/

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
It's cool that AOC can shift protections but dude needs to not take so many sacks. It's definitely him adjusting to the speed of the NFL and everything but aside from that he's been pretty okay so far. He's making mistakes for sure but dude is a 4th round rookie and he's learning on the fly. Better than Young so far anyway but he has much better weapons so who knows.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

It's cool that AOC can shift protections but dude needs to not take so many sacks. It's definitely him adjusting to the speed of the NFL and everything but aside from that he's been pretty okay so far. He's making mistakes for sure but dude is a 4th round rookie and he's learning on the fly. Better than Young so far anyway but he has much better weapons so who knows.

Yeah, especially when it takes the team out of FG range.

Needs to speed up the processing speed, but he's a rookie. Let him play out the year and then the Raiders can decide to draft someone, pay Kirk Cousins, or roll with AOC another year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AOC seems like he's gonna be a serviceable backup who can spot start and things will mostly be fine. I dunno if he has enough to be a full time starter. But nothing wrong with being a backup that can be trusted.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AndrewP posted:

The Ravens in 2014 but they had literally Gary Kubiak installing and coaching it

The 2022 Patriots had Matt Patricia try it lol.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

MrLogan posted:

the Raiders can decide to pay Kirk Cousins

No. If we've learned ANYTHING from the past 20+ years it should be extremely obvious that we need to draft for a franchise QB until we hit. Signing old dudes just doesn't work for us anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Watching Goff be okay with the Lions makes me hopeful Herbert will eventually find success somewhere that isn't the Chargers.