Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

bagmonkey posted:

Cheap edibles can be as cheap as $5/200mg

Are you just chewing on rosin and gelatin at that point??

.. where do I get some?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

Cheap edibles: $5 / 100mg
Mid edibles: $10 / 100mg
Good poo poo edibles: $15 / 100mg

Cheap edibles can be as cheap as $5/200mg

Holy smokes! Where is this at?

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Some of the native owned dispensaries in Toronto have 3000 mg bags for 50 bucks

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I've been getting 350mg for $10 or about $7.50USD lately. :canada:

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Arizona dispensaries seem to go down to a minimum of $10/100mg, rarely seeing anything lower than that.

I guess you can get a better $/THC ratio if you get the 50/100mg gummies, but for non-medical there's a 10mg max per gummy and 100mg max per container

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

drat, Maine is expensive AF

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Macichne Leainig posted:

Are you just chewing on rosin and gelatin at that point??

.. where do I get some?

redshirt posted:

Holy smokes! Where is this at?

Michigan! The story of how this happened is kinda hilarious and very indicative of the weirdness that is legal-limbo for marijuana.

So prior to the latest guy who took over our CRA (cannabis regulatory agency), they were extremely lax about labeling, verifying that amounts grown matched amounts shipped, amounts received matched amounts sold. This meant a lot of poo poo "disappeared" over state lines, as well as dispensaries doing some wild giveaways, like the time I went to a dispo on 4/20 and got 4 (four!!!) 1g carts, 3 100mg edibles and 5 pre rolls cuz the line was slow and the dude was just flinging poo poo at people in line. There was a med place that used to have a giant stand with 1g cart testers for people to try prepandemic, yes like just put your lips on this communal thing my guy!

Anywho, new guy cleaned things up and forced a bunch of different cannabis businesses to destroy unlabeled product and get their numbers straight. They did that, and everyone thought "oh man this is gonna gently caress up the market for EVERYTHING! Especially distillate!" because we were importing tons of distillate from Cali, Oregon and Washington iirc. mostly cuz it was dirt cheap. Welp, they forgot that the crackdown extended to the growers who were "losing" pounds and pounds of product that'd magically appear in non-legal states. Most of this is second hand stories, but it checks. Anywho, now that they have to properly track everything, there's a big excess in non-saleable flower and trim and such, so distillate prices ended up crashing to below crackdown prices. I have seen 6 month old 200mg edibles going for $2.50, old 1g carts for $18/100, $9 1g concentrate jars. It's buckwild up in here

Nov 9, 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shorts?QIrK40UneH0

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Michigan absolutely loving loves alcohol and weed so we have some of the lowest prices in the nation for both

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I feel like the prices aren't too bad in Colorado and then I remember I paid the same price for the same amount in California - which was recreational - and I have a Colorado medical card

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Lol I forgot, yeah, my med card makes it even cheaper, whoops. I always end up buying an extra 8th with the discount because I forget

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

Lol I forgot, yeah, my med card makes it even cheaper, whoops. I always end up buying an extra 8th with the discount because I forget

Medicinal is generally cheaper than Rec?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

In Michigan, there's basically no medical-only or medical-focused places anymore. However, instead of paying the full excise tax, you only get taxed like 5%, your daily limits are higher and most dispensaries will give you like 10% off for med card. It's $100-150 to renew every two years, which I definitely make up for every year. I also pick up poo poo for my sister, her husband, my parents and a couple friends when I go, mostly because they are low volume consumers and don't want the hassle of a dispensary

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

redshirt posted:

in NM there were so many great deals on rec if you were from out of town or new to the store, they were practically giving the weed away to get more business. I guess if you were thrifty you could just go around town an say you're from out of state and see what kind of great deals you could amass.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
One thing I big time miss post-legalization here is that it's a lot harder to find good high-CBD flower. I know a few places I can go, but the good stuff isn't widely available and it'd be prolly an hour each way for me to go where I know has good poo poo. There's probably 20 dispensaries between me and there too (its in Ann Arbor)

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

redshirt posted:

In Colorado there are two big reasons to consider a med card:

1) More reasonable limits (rec edibles are capped at 100mg IIRC, need like two packages for me to feel anything)
2) No recreational sales tax which is like... 20%? 25%?

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
I bought a vape cart and what I thought was a strain name turned out to be a flavor and it's rly gross.

https://www.leafly.com/brands/illicit/products/illicit-charm-cereal-sativa-classy-cart-savory-cartridges

"savory" feels like a weird descriptor and wasn't listed at the dispensary but you can actually taste the cereal milk and I hate it

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
maybe try it through a bong and the water will suck out the yuck

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

not sure why anyone would make broccoli cheese flavored vape

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

LifeSunDeath posted:

not sure why anyone would make broccoli cheese flavored vape

gonna go hit my Panera bread bowl full of broccoli cheese soup, brb :okpos:

110923_3
Nov 10, 2023
broccoli cheddar cheese soup versus a functional society with an assortment of cannabis lounges

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I hosed up my cart battery's screen by dropping it one too many times

RIP Yocan Uni Pro, you were a real one

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What would you do if you had 3-6 different types of weed, in all the volume you want, in all the product you want... For free, already paid for.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Get high as gently caress

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I would try to run some like, double blind experiments on what gives me what feelings.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Get high as gently caress

Like all day, every day?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Like all day, every day?

Yeah

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is it too much?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Is it too much?

Depends

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Do you ever wonder "wish I wasn't high"?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

When there's a power outage or a fire alarm I don't like being high. :ohdear:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Do you ever wonder "wish I wasn't high"?

I sold my soul to pharma for half a decade and had to take every random piss test they threw at me in that time.

Nope.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
anyone got an ultrasonic cleaner they use to clean down stems and glass bowls and poo poo? I wanna invest in one cuz I'm mostly smoking my one bong and I'm a grown up so I don't like smoking out of gnarly gross glass

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
When the gently caress did 'infused pre-rolls' become a thing? Knocked me on my goddamn rear end.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

bagmonkey posted:

anyone got an ultrasonic cleaner they use to clean down stems and glass bowls and poo poo? I wanna invest in one cuz I'm mostly smoking my one bong and I'm a grown up so I don't like smoking out of gnarly gross glass
yes, well worth it. i fill mine with iso. rinse off as much ash as you can before putting things in there and in 3 minutes it'll be clean. if you're diligent about precleaning the iso will last you a long time. my biggest complaint is i can't fit my bongs in it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

had a bunch of mike tyson branded blunts this weekend and I gotta say: meh. poo poo was pretty sub par imo.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

butt dickus posted:

yes, well worth it. i fill mine with iso. rinse off as much ash as you can before putting things in there and in 3 minutes it'll be clean. if you're diligent about precleaning the iso will last you a long time. my biggest complaint is i can't fit my bongs in it

I recently got some plugs for the downstem and top of my bong and it's made cleaning it soooo fuckin easy. Iso + salt + plugs = clean rear end bong

did you just buy a random one off amazon? wasnt sure if there's a tactic to this

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I gotta buy a new bong. I hate my current one - too small.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

LifeSunDeath posted:

had a bunch of mike tyson branded blunts this weekend and I gotta say: meh. poo poo was pretty sub par imo.

"I'll thmoke you 'til you love me, bitch."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I got a freeze pipe. It’s got a glycerine coil in it that’s supposed to make the smoke real cold. Has to stay in the freezer for an hour, though, so 23 more minutes to go.