Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I genuinely can't imagine cameron would want to come back, what the gently caress could possibly be in it for him? He's wisely stayed the gently caress out of things since the brexit vote, the last tory with a shred of sanity.
He represents the last time the Tories had a respectable image, so much so that Starmer's Labour have been trying to marry his politics that with a nostalgia for New Labour.

And his oik mate George has done way better than him out of government, he's probably looking for opportunities to make something extra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I think there might also be a thing where other senior Tories probably don't want to be associated with this government, they know the next election is going to be a massacre and the last people left will be the ones most tainted by it. Better to stay on the back benches, hope you survive re-election, and then rebuild in opposition behind whatever sociopath the Tories put up.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
It's actually a beautiful natural cycle, where Tories who leave in Everlasting Disgrace with a Legacy of Failure just have to wait for a few years and then they blossom back into a Reassuring Safe Pair of Hands that can generate positive headlines.

Soon it will be spring and the Boris tree will flower anew.

grobbo fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 13, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hope it works out as well as it has for the GOP just shutting up and hoping Trump goes away.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Huffing Mr Sheen to make the phone calls go away

lol bye bitch

We're only going to get someone even more stupid and fashy now though.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Tedsville posted:

lol bye bitch

We're only going to get someone even more stupid and fashy now though.

It's James Cleverly.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Looking forward to James Cleverly's usual level of competence has him bewilderedly leading the pro-ceasefire march this Saturday.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Tesseraction posted:

what the gently caress?

He's not an MP or peer how could he be a minister? Are we just making poo poo up now?

I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have to be either to be a minister, but it's been a long time since that was the case.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Looking forward to James Cleverly's usual level of competence has him bewilderedly leading the pro-ceasefire march this Saturday.

He's remarkably useless as a minister, even by those standards, it's rather incredible.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

James "Not Very"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This says they're MPs or peers https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/minister/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EvilHawk posted:

Apparently Cleverly was first into Downing Street after she was sacked so... lol.

maybe they should actually organise the entire thing like a sprint race. line them all up

and actually there's a better idea i had after those four words

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gorn Myson posted:

He represents the last time the Tories had a respectable image, so much so that Starmer's Labour have been trying to marry his politics that with a nostalgia for New Labour.

And his oik mate George has done way better than him out of government, he's probably looking for opportunities to make something extra.

But like, how could he possibly get anything out of hitching his horse to loving rishi sunak of all people, the last dying fart trapped in the sub-basement into which the bottom of the barrel has melted?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Private Speech posted:

I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have to be either to be a minister, but it's been a long time since that was the case.

He does have to be in one of the houses, but it'll be a simple thing to appoint him as a Lord of something. I actually thought he already was a peer

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

keep punching joe posted:

It's James Cleverly.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Mr Cleverly this morning tumbled his way from Braintree to No. 10, somehow managing to miss every branch on the way down

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
You're telling me that there's a guy called Cleverly, from a place called Braintree, and that he is dumb as poo poo?

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

Private Speech posted:

fairly sure ministers do have to be in Parliament by convention, but the PM can appoint people outside parliament as ministers and then put them into the House of Lords; Gordon Brown did that in 2007 with the 'goats'.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

He does have to be in one of the houses, but it'll be a simple thing to appoint him as a Lord of something. I actually thought he already was a peer

Traditionally the outgoing PM is knighted by the incoming, a tradition Brown broke as Blair left in disrepute, and Cameron broke because he's a smug oval office, and Theresa May rewarded his shittiness by not knighting him either.

Johnson knighted Blair in 2022, pissing off literally everyone.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They should do something with a sword with all these fuckers

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wake up and the first poo poo I hear is David Cameron is rumoured to be the new Foreign Secretary. Well, at least it's not Tony Blair?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Wake up and the first poo poo I hear is David Cameron is rumoured to be the new Foreign Secretary. Well, at least it's not Tony Blair?

He's busy as Israel have requested he be the UN ambassador solve the peace negotiations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The only part of my previous post that was a joke was the UN part btw https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-said-seeking-to-appoint-uks-tony-blair-as-gaza-humanitarian-coordinator/

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

https://x.com/patrickwintour/status/1724002036423786567?s=20

Lol, and furthermore, lmao

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

keep punching joe posted:

You're telling me that there's a guy called Cleverly, from a place called Braintree, and that he is dumb as poo poo?

He is a special kind of special.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
It's always sad when TV shows try and bring back some old character to boost ratings.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That's what's so funny about it though, he was foreign secretary until today, during a war in Europe, and no-one remembered he's in the cabinet.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

quote:

How James Cleverly voted on Business and the Economy
Almost always voted for new high speed rail infrastructure

Okay he's not completely awful.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Arise Lord Pig fucker.

LCFADP.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tedsville posted:

Okay he's not completely awful.

He thought he was voting for faster coke delivery.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

What a loving stupid country

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Tesseraction posted:

He thought he was voting for faster coke delivery.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
poo poo country for pricks

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Being Home Secretary seems to turn everyone into an insane fascist but Braverman really put in the extra work and topped a long line of nut jobs as the most racist, most authoritarian we've had in a good while. Glad to see her gone, shame she'll probably be back on the front bench in two months or so.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Unelected PM gifts cabinet position to unelected mate. We're just in some mad junta now.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

pigfucker on the foreign desk and Lord Blair of Gaza. May as well start prepping my survival cave for WW3

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
something grim about them aping a football transfer reporter hack for this poo poo. it really does feel like a game to them huh

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Remember when they changed their name to Fact Check UK to spread misinfo during the 2019 election?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Fact Hunt UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Sunak should go further an assemble a cabinet of former UK prime ministers, god knows there's enough of them now.

Like when all the Doctors Who come back for an anniversary special.