Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I make people speak in a cockney accent whenever it rains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You know how some styrofoam packing starts sticking to you and its really hard to get it off?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
No matter how much I work out, I can't lose weight or gain muscle mass.

No one will ever suspect me of being one of the X-Men with a mutant power as subtle as that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I can't believe they send JV tryouts into the Danger Room. They say it's scaled down, but I don't know. Xavier creeps me out.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I have the ability to turn into anything as long as it feels like an annoying pebble that snuck into your shoe.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bacontotem posted:

I have the ability to turn into anything as long as it feels like an annoying pebble that snuck into your shoe.

That's cool brother, really, but how's that gonna help in the DANGER ROOM?!

Or maybe I'm just freaking out about eXams

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

redshirt posted:

That's cool brother, really, but how's that gonna help in the DANGER ROOM?!

Or maybe I'm just freaking out about eXams

And that feeling there's a rock just underneath at least two toes isn't helping you either.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

JediTalentAgent posted:

No matter how much I work out, I can't lose weight or gain muscle mass.

No one will ever suspect me of being one of the X-Men with a mutant power as subtle as that.

Been done.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I am the Shipper! I'm capable of seeing the potential romantic connection between people!

Right now, I'm telling you: Dazzler and Cypher. We all need to work together to get those two together if you're into vanilla. You want something spicier, I'm recommending an Illyana-Cypher combo. That's risky, though.

If you think about it, I'm really useful because once we get some of you in stable relationships then you can focus on your jobs.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

My powerful mutant brain makes me the perfect Ideas Guy.

Anyway, have you tried cutting Wolverine in half to make two of him?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I went for my trials in the Danger Room and it's just where they keep the showers. That's it, I took a shower. Apparently Xavier saw One Piece and is convinced that getting any water on us will neutralize our superpowers. That explains why it's been smelling like a comic-con around here. It is kinda weird that I had to do it in front of a whole panel of other X-men though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

I am the Shipper! I'm capable of seeing the potential romantic connection between people!

Right now, I'm telling you: Dazzler and Cypher. We all need to work together to get those two together if you're into vanilla. You want something spicier, I'm recommending an Illyana-Cypher combo. That's risky, though.

If you think about it, I'm really useful because once we get some of you in stable relationships then you can focus on your jobs.

Tell us finally who Wolverine should be with!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

redshirt posted:

Tell us finally who Wolverine should be with!

Brutal Garcon posted:

Anyway, have you tried cutting Wolverine in half to make two of him?

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

My feet are easy-to-draw diamond shapes.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

LOL I'd love to see the cover of the two Wolverines gay wedding

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I'm Shipper's sister: The Slasher!

I don't have mutant powers but I can do something similar.

Speaking of who Wolverine should be with, I got some ideas...

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm Shipper's sister: The Slasher!

I don't have mutant powers but I can do something similar.

Speaking of who Wolverine should be with, I got some ideas...

Probably a lot, my gaydar goes crazy at these meetings

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I am the Leveler.

I'm not strong, I can just tell you when something is perfectly level.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bonzo posted:

I am the Leveler.

I'm not strong, I can just tell you when something is perfectly level.

do you lose power/get hurt in the presence of self-leveling concrete

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I'm Nickname. When I give someone a nickname, it sticks.

Do you remember me, Scott?

You should. We were in the orphanage together. I called you 'slim', and from that day on, everyone called you that.

Is that why you took up weightlifting? To get those big muscles? Yet, they still call you slim, don't they. I bet that still eats you up, like you eat up all the protein you can to try to get enough muscles to run away from that name, but you never will.

Now, if I don't make it on the JV team, I'm gonna start giving out nicknames to the whole lot of you. They'll make 'slim' look like a crown of gold in comparison. I mean, I'm looking at one of you right now, and all it will take will be one greeting from me and everyone will call that person "rear end in a top hat Face" for the rest of their life.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I'm rear end in a top hat Face.

I used to be Wolverine until I got kicked off the team because someone gave me the nickname rear end in a top hat Face and it stuck. I thought by killing that guy, it'd go away, but it's still there. Everyone started calling me rear end in a top hat Face instead of Logan or Wolverine. I go to Madripoor and I'm just "Patched rear end in a top hat Face" there.

I really want to stay in the loop, so if I have to join the JV team, so be it. Maybe we could shorten it to A-Face or something.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm rear end in a top hat Face.

I used to be Wolverine until I got kicked off the team because someone gave me the nickname rear end in a top hat Face and it stuck. I thought by killing that guy, it'd go away, but it's still there. Everyone started calling me rear end in a top hat Face instead of Logan or Wolverine. I go to Madripoor and I'm just "Patched rear end in a top hat Face" there.

I really want to stay in the loop, so if I have to join the JV team, so be it. Maybe we could shorten it to A-Face or something.

Holy poo poo someone call Professor X

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

redshirt posted:

Holy poo poo someone call Professor X

You mean Professor Sexpest? That's what we all call him now.

poo poo, Nickname did a lot of damage to this team before rear end in a top hat Face killed him. We should have let him on the team.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Hey, everyone, I discovered a secret ultra-low setting for the danger room. Since the regular lowest setting is way too hard for us, I think we should use it to practice.

The "danger" is a bunch of scantily-clad mutant and metahuman women who bop you with pillows and giggle about how "bald men are so sexy!" and "we just love smart guys!" It's a little weird, but I've gotten pretty good at dodging them.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I'm Magneto's cousin: Weako.

I can control all neutrinos within a range of about one femtometer.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I'm 3-Way!

My power is that I can light up a room at three different levels of light, equivalent to 40, 60, or 100 watts.

Team me up with that girl Chance so that I can also do 20/30/50 or 80/120/200 watts of light!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

They call me blasteroid
I can give anyone crippling hemorrhoids but in doing so I get them twofold.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Brutal Garcon posted:

I'm Magneto's cousin: Weako.

I can control all neutrinos within a range of about one femtometer.

Hey! You should meet up with Femto. Maybe you could combine your powers.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I just want to address a nasty rumor that has been spreading around.

Contrary to some posts on X-net.org, I did NOT break the credit card reader on the vending machine in the lower level kitchenette despite what some of the libertarians on the JV squad- who demanded a paid vending machine rather than just stocking up the lower level kitchenette with snacks- have claimed.

The PIN reader on the vending machine still works and yeah it takes a little bit longer than a card swipe.

I saw the Maintainer eating a bag of bold and hot peanuts that definitely came out of the machine after the alleged incident.

Also, if you're going to use the refillable Keurig canister, can you please empty and clean it out after you get your cuppa.

Whomever needs to brew iron shavings for your nutritional needs, please do your duty, it takes so much longer to clean.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I am...

(*cracks riding crop on Logan's rear end*)

The Domainatrix!

My power is that I can make media enter the public domain like.... (*cracks riding crop on Cyclops' rear end*) ...THAT!

I have just made a random U2 song and one episode of Mork and Mindy public domain.

Yes, I literally have to crack men on their asses to make my power work. I assure you, this is a real power and not a kink, only a burden I must carry. Now, who feels like making tonight a 'movie night'?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
They call me "Peak".

It's because my mutant ability gave me peak human capabilities.

Oh, no, my mutant power isn't just being human. It's like being the most physically perfect and capable human who ever lived. Kind of like my mutant power is like the mutant version of having the super soldier serum like Capt. America has.

No, it's NOT like saying "That's like being the strongest grade schooler in a fight against a NFL Linebacker!" Screw all of you!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Vibe opens the thread...

Siri, please insert that burning pizza gif

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

poo poo, is that how you say it? I've been calling them the "zmen" this whole time

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Brutal Garcon posted:

poo poo, is that how you say it? I've been calling them the "zmen" this whole time

I was calling them the Christ-Men.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We're in the Danger Room right now...

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Maybe none of you are leaving the Danger Room alive. That's what I tried to warn all of you.

Professor X is secretly into 'culling the herd'. We're all lambs for the slaughter. This rooms killed more mutants than the Sentinels and Legacy, combined. He's ridding the gene pool of us mutants with lovely powers. The only hope any of us have is if we surprise him by surviving by showing that our powers have a secret value that he never expected...

My power? I'm a mutant whose power makes me a living ghost upon death. Professor X made me prove that one in here... I've been haunting this Danger Room for years now. I'd say I can't wait for some company, but you're all soulless abominations in the eyes of God, so unless youre power is also turning into living ghosts upon death, you're just condemned to nothingness for all eternity.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

Maybe none of you are leaving the Danger Room alive. That's what I tried to warn all of you.

Professor X is secretly into 'culling the herd'. We're all lambs for the slaughter. This rooms killed more mutants than the Sentinels and Legacy, combined. He's ridding the gene pool of us mutants with lovely powers. The only hope any of us have is if we surprise him by surviving by showing that our powers have a secret value that he never expected...

My power? I'm a mutant whose power makes me a living ghost upon death. Professor X made me prove that one in here... I've been haunting this Danger Room for years now. I'd say I can't wait for some company, but you're all soulless abominations in the eyes of God, so unless youre power is also turning into living ghosts upon death, you're just condemned to nothingness for all eternity.

Maybe you're just workin again Professah X

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I just heard that Emma Frost left Cyclops for Iron Man.

I'm going to get a glass fleshlight and mail it to him with a note from Tony Stark that reads, "No Hard Feelings."

We're going to have so many X-Men mainliners put out of commission from a dick-waving crossover fight between Cykes and Stark that they'll move some of us JVs up to the big leagues.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

JediTalentAgent posted:

I just heard that Emma Frost left Cyclops for Iron Man.

I'm going to get a glass fleshlight and mail it to him with a note from Tony Stark that reads, "No Hard Feelings."

We're going to have so many X-Men mainliners put out of commission from a dick-waving crossover fight between Cykes and Stark that they'll move some of us JVs up to the big leagues.

rear end in a top hat, I don't want to be in the big leagues.

Perfectly happy fighting people who order their "Shantynails" from sketchy online stores, here.

Maybe you want to fight Magneto. Me, I'm fine dealing with that one guy who keeps plotting ways to give people without the mutant gene for lactose tolerance terrible diarrhea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
I’m called The Repairwoman because my superpower is I Can Fix Him.

Doesn’t matter that he ain’t broken, I can make him the best him he can be! He just has to change this one little thing about who he is as a person, first. And, his hair.

So, who’s up for some fixing? :boom: