Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
driving is not hard guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

UFOTacoMan posted:

driving is not hard guys

its impossible which is why elon is saving us from it by making cars that drive themselves into trees

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i don't think i would be able to drive into a tree myself so this is useful

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Jonny 290 posted:

they also didnt change the steering ratio, yokes are supposed to be super tight steering so you never have to go hand over hand spinning it. yoke teslas have the stock 900 degree lock to lock ratio or whatever it is.

what the gently caress

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I can't get over how deep the dash is, people are gonna let their dog sit up there

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

your posts, they are very bad

title

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

moist turtleneck posted:

I can't get over how deep the dash is, people are gonna let their dog sit up there

just make a lil child bed up there and no need for a car seat

elon innovates once again

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

imagine having a design so bad that the decoy wrap is a massive improvement

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

moist turtleneck posted:

Is that a real working Tesla semi in the background?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

moist turtleneck posted:

in a head on impact that screen is gonna come flying off and decapitate someone

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
no airbags, lmao

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

You won't care (you will be dead)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

RandomBlue posted:

no airbags, lmao

airbags are for snowflakes

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/wy7ciSl.gifv

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

morningdrew posted:

Is that a real working Tesla semi in the background?

I have a Tesla semi right now thinking about the cybertruk

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

omg

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Love the car but the marble dashboard crushed my organs and now the first responders can't extricate me

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
does it…really not have airbags?

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Bip Roberts posted:

ironic that casing packed nitrates got him in the end

holy poo poo

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Demon Of The Fall posted:

does it…really not have airbags?

it has airbags, they are in the center of the steering "wheel" like every other car

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

The Top G posted:

Steering wheels can snap off too and yet everyone still uses them. It’s almost as if you’re making up “problems” in bad faith! :downsbravo:

a GREAT steering wheel, that doesn’t FLY out the WINDOW while you DRIVING! That is a good car idea

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I wish his steering wheel would snap under my impotent rage. if you know what I mean

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jesus take the yoke thing!
*Dies

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

moist turtleneck posted:

Holey moley the blind spot in front is enormous

An even more effective kid-killer, Elon ftw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I just noticed the cable dangling under the display. GM would have cut the right hands off the entire marketing division for allowing such a sloppy show vehicle to hit public.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Man you can fit a whole baby in that center console. Elon knows what drivers want

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

so clever so FTW

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

airbags are for snowflakes

This but unironically. People did fine without them for decades and then Big Auto found another way to nickel and dime us. Now cars have 16 airbags and they turn a 5mph fender bender into a $30,000 repair bill that totals the car.

Goons love to poo poo on Musk out of envy but he’s the only one who’s producing straightforward automobiles these days.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Top G posted:

This but unironically. People did fine without them for decades and then Big Auto found another way to nickel and dime us. Now cars have 16 airbags and they turn a 5mph fender bender into a $30,000 repair bill that totals the car.

Goons love to poo poo on Musk out of envy but he’s the only one who’s producing straightforward automobiles these days.

:yeah:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

yeah it’s not like cars all got bigger and heavier and faster and more likely to horribly maim or kill their occupants in an accident or anything

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

coconono posted:

I just noticed the cable dangling under the display. GM would have cut the right hands off the entire marketing division for allowing such a sloppy show vehicle to hit public.

that is the panic cable you have to pull if the Cybertruck Grok AI goes rogue

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
The square steering wheel is the true tell that the morons who designed these cars have never driven one before in their entire lives.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Top G is right

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
It's supposed to drive itself ya dummies. Who cares about blind spots and square wheels.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1724060062853767183
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1724053897398919402

some guy that musk agrees with posted:

In order for the West to win this civilizational battle, it must:
1) Proudly and unequivocally defend Western values;
2) Reject cultural relativism and the unicornia vision of multiculturalism;
3) Recommit to individual dignity over the celebration of collective identity politics;
4) Recognize that all cultures are not equal;
5) Recognize that all religious beliefs are not equally consistent with Western values;
6) Recognize that all immigrants are not equally likely to assimiliate and adopt Western values;
7) Recognize that immigrants who espouse intolerable values that seek to destroy our civilization will be deported (en masse);
8) Implement a rational immigration policy that recognizes the importance of cultural homophily (choosing immigrants who hail from cultures that possess similar values to those of the host nations);
9) Exhibit zero tolerance for seditious belief systems; such systems can be criminalized if they constitute an existential threat to our freedoms and liberties.

I could go on but the latter nine items (some of which are correlated) would be a good start.

Here is the problem: I don't think that the West has the testicular fortitude to implement more than a small subset of the latter nine. Hence, to reiterate a prediction that I've been making for several decades, the West is in death spiral. It will be ugly, painful, and bloody. The greatest tragedy is that the West brought this on itself because of parasitic "progressive" follies. The most dangerous weapon in nature is a human mind infected by ideological parasites.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Not the rereg I was expecting but the one we deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well I for one think it possibly a bad thing that the richest person in the world is openly promoting people who are frothing at the mouth to start a world wide race war. :colbert: