Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

a friend of my wife’s needs a liver-portion donation and I’m at least the right blood type, but we think I drink too much for that :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

a friend of my wife’s needs a liver-portion donation and I’m at least the right blood type, but we think I drink too much for that :negative:

see what the doctor says. a kinda mediocre liver chunk is almost definitely better than no liver. plus, i mean, i think you have to kind of be a massive drinker for that to actually prevent you from donating. maybe you are (and i mean no offense), and maybe i'm telling stories outta school anyway, but check it out if you actually are down to help

if nothing else, maybe you could pull back the throttle a bit or smth idk

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Ah gently caress that is poo poo but what the poster above said.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
on planes and boats and stuff that have a hand throttle, pulling back on it increases the throttle, right?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Raluek posted:

on planes and boats and stuff that have a hand throttle, pulling back on it increases the throttle, right?

Hell no

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
oh, thats disappointing, then. seems like you'd be acting against inertia, which doesn't sound like it would feel very satisfying

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Raluek posted:

Do you mean a twist throttle? Because iirc it's usually "push forward to go faster, pull back to slow" which helps you not accidentally blast off and then yank the throttle all the way to full.

Motorcycle grip throttles are "top towards you for faster" which is the inverse of this and kind of sucks but eh.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
motorcycles are twist towards you for go, cars with console automatics are pull towards you for downshift to accelerate, hell even the millennium falcon is pull towards you for hyperspace. i dont have experience with planes so i thought they'd be the same, but apparently not.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

planes are push to go, pull to stop

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Raluek posted:

cars with console automatics are pull towards you for downshift to accelerate

depends on the make really. mazda is the only one i can think of that does it the right way though.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

at this point i can only imagine this entire conversation is bait for a 4-paragraph sagebrush post

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can’t wait

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

if you're gonna throw somebody down a well actually you really shouldn't be guessing based on what you saw in star wars

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
does yospos seem like hte place to research every post beforehand? just post imo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raluek posted:

does yospos seem like hte place to research every post beforehand? just post imo

:justpost:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
imagine having to think about something harder than what do I want to eat or drink right this very second

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we don’t live in 2023 as a joke just do or say anything jfc

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

also star wars being a long long time ago predates the other instances which makes it an important reference point

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

also star wars being a long long time ago predates the other instances which makes it an important reference point

i hadnt considered this :hmmyes:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Achmed Jones posted:

if you're gonna throw somebody down a well actually you really shouldn't be guessing based on what you saw in star wars

what if your country has a problem and that problem is transport?

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

Volmarias posted:

"push forward to go faster, pull back to slow" which helps you not accidentally blast off and then yank the throttle all the way to full.

grip throttles are "top towards you for faster"
Man, old people jerk off weird

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Volmarias posted:

Do you mean a twist throttle? Because iirc it's usually "push forward to go faster, pull back to slow" which helps you not accidentally blast off and then yank the throttle all the way to full.

Motorcycle grip throttles are "top towards you for faster" which is the inverse of this and kind of sucks but eh.

Outboard grip throttles are the opposite. Except if you switch sides :D

mystes
May 31, 2006

axolotl farmer posted:

what if your country has a problem and that problem is transport?
A problem with transport? Like not enough cars and highway lanes?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the river boat my dad had when I was growing up, the throttle was definitely "pull back to go faster"

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

this is the first time I've thought about it in 30 years and it occurs to me that the throttle was almost definitely installed backwards.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

bssoil posted:

Man, old people jerk off weird

You've got no idea. Wait till I tell you how helicopters control the rotor speed and pitch angle

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Achmed Jones posted:

see what the doctor says. a kinda mediocre liver chunk is almost definitely better than no liver. plus, i mean, i think you have to kind of be a massive drinker for that to actually prevent you from donating. maybe you are (and i mean no offense), and maybe i'm telling stories outta school anyway, but check it out if you actually are down to help

if nothing else, maybe you could pull back the throttle a bit or smth idk

I would say that I’m a heavy drinker, and I should definitely drink less for my health, but wine and beer taste so lovely…

anyway in further discussion with my wife she doesn’t want me to do it even if I’m eligible, which I’m pretty sure comes with some “unless nobody else is found within XYZ” limit. curious, I am looking forward to digging into this with her when we get some time to chat next

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Subjunctive posted:

I would say that I’m a heavy drinker, and I should definitely drink less for my health, but wine and beer taste so lovely…

anyway in further discussion with my wife she doesn’t want me to do it even if I’m eligible, which I’m pretty sure comes with some “unless nobody else is found within XYZ” limit. curious, I am looking forward to digging into this with her when we get some time to chat next

being a match with one single other person is somewhat rare. you have to answer several pages of questions that can each make you ineligible, they talk to your doctor(s), and do a full blood panel, and possibly other tests. matching blood type is just the first and most obvious disqualifier. i have a friend who donated a chunk about a year ago, and he's doing fine now. i received a liver transplant about 20 months ago and it saved my life.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

i received a liver transplant about 20 months ago and it saved my life.

cool

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

mystes posted:

A problem with transport? Like not enough cars and highway lanes?

it's a reference to a Borat clip where he gets a bar full of good ole' country folk singing along to a pogrom song within two minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh7NwGxyxW4&t=26s

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

yep, gonna have one next week

chirst this thing is hell

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
getting old bites

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
up to max dose of atorvastatin now

those fuckin cholesterols ain’t gonna what hit ‘em

tbh wanna get switched to rosuvastatin that poo poo is fire

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what meds n poo poo do people takes on the daily

me?

empagliflozin
atorvastatin
candesartan
bupropion
methylphenidate
clinicians multivite
some big rear end magnesium
fishes oil

this is peak health

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i just take tecta/pantoprazole. i was getting a cough at night due to a little bit of stomach acid backup. now i have iron stomach

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just take pirunpaskaroppi both internally and externally.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I just take pirunpaskaroppi both internally and externally.

you too? I take Cepofan pills.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I couldn't remember where pirunpaska (Satan's poo poo) came from and it's from a plant called ASSAFOETIDA.

(THATS LIKE FOETID rear end IN CASE U MISSED IT)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

just my trusty hydrochlorothiazide. and if i don't blast some fluticasone in my face i'll get owned by allergies, but that's non-prescription