Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Lego have released instructions for a kiosk that would go with the modular Museum, also it’s a whole 16x33 baseplate. It can sell bones, wigs, or frogs.

Edit edit:

Goddamn :stwoon:

That looks like a checkpoint from a dictatorship country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Captain Duvel posted:

brickets please

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Captain Duvel posted:

The first image didn't load right away and I thought you meant that coked out party pad. Sign me up comrade.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

:golfclap:

GLORY TO BRICKOSIA!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Saw this posted elsewhere, and it's rad as hell. A few years ago for my birthday my mum got me some 3D printed Lego flowers.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Captain Duvel posted:

Build no trouble.
Glory to Brickstorezka!

efb:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

:golfclap:

GLORY TO BRICKOSIA!

:argh:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Blokistan is not real country.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

The Tony Stark Malibu Mansion re-release is looking wild.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
A Friends HulkBuster would be a fever dream.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Lesbian Byrgenwerth

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Friends has been clowning City for years now. The set design, the colors, the build techniques, the innovative places to build, all of it.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

The LEGO Friends Mojo Dojo Casa House.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

VaultAggie posted:

Friends has been clowning City for years now. The set design, the colors, the build techniques, the innovative places to build, all of it.

Lego City is very boring, imo, compared to the Friends sets or even a lot of the 3-in-1s. There are 3-in-1s that I would rather buy duplicates of to have the other builds of to make little neighborhoods before I'd really look at most of the City ones.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Never thought I'd be wanting a Friends set but here we are. Goddamn that's cool.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Habibi posted:

The LEGO Friends Mojo Dojo Casa House.

:perfect:

Friends really is kinda like “the Lego Barbie Expanded Universe”

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sloppy posted:

Never thought I'd be wanting a Friends set but here we are. Goddamn that's cool.

Didnt they do a mall?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I just really don't care for the Friends figs, which I'm sure is not a shocking take. That's pretty much my only sticking point, though.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

mutata posted:

I just really don't care for the Friends figs, which I'm sure is not a shocking take. That's pretty much my only sticking point, though.

When I've gotten Friends stuff in bulk lots they sell off super fast so apparently there's a niche market for it. I wonder how much of the house cost could be recouped selling the figs?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The minidolls are cute, I like them. I wish they had more articulation, but that's probably a sacrifice they had to make to make them less chunky than minifigs. If you want a real hot take I think they look better, generally.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The Friends figs always look freakishly tiny to me but I don't know how much of that is just being used to the standard minifigs which are have freakishly chunky proportions.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
The car is really cool! The color set gives me a Miami Vice vibe.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

New Wave Jose posted:

The car is really cool! The color set gives me a Miami Vice vibe.

:yeah:

I feel like 5 or so years ago they would have been more likely to make the whole house in that color scheme and it would just be too much, they've gotten a lot more creative and selective with how they integrate color.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Friends is way better, but the mini dolls are blasphemous to me and I cannot get over them.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Skios posted:

Saw this posted elsewhere, and it's rad as hell. A few years ago for my birthday my mum got me some 3D printed Lego flowers.

I made 8 6-leaf of these last year for family, and one 8-leaf for us. FYI, make sure you store them someplace climate controlled. I pulled out our decorations and it's totally deformed from the heat in the attic. Or use ABS instead of PLA.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Definitely not the first friends set I’ve slightly coveted but it’s the first that I’m sincerely interested in getting, that’s such a good aesthetic.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Here's a bluesky code...

bsky-social-lt7gh-grrix

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

deoju posted:

Here's a bluesky code...

bsky-social-lt7gh-grrix

used this, thanks!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Another instance of loving around with someone else's MOC! I've been playing a good deal of Cyberpunk 2077 lately, and there's a fantastic MOC by Jerry Builds Bricks that's been around since before the game ever came out of the Quadra Turbo-R V-Tech, something of a hero car from the pre-release footage.

I like it a ton of course, but you know me: I have to mess with everything. First, here's a reference image:

Now here's a slightly modified version of JBB's lovely model.

The obvious stuff is that I changed the yellow to metallic gold, re-shaped the nose, and completely re-did the interior, but there's a buncha minor stuff, too: I added mirrors, changed the wheels, re-colored the rear deck, and smoothed out the hood scoop. All credit to JBB! This was fun to mess with. Really cool original design, especially the sides and taillights (which I did not change at all).

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Cross posting from the knockoff thread.

I love the Gulf livery on cars so much. Lego doesn't have a large model in those colors so I ordered this one from a Chinese knockoff site

I'm not sure what I like more, the Guif or the RACING FUELS

Also YWOBB has a decent sale going on now and I don't know if they've dropped prices all over but this particular set went from $130 down to $98 before the sale.

I also don't know if it's okay to post non LEGO sets in this thread so if that's the case then I will absolutely delete this and flog myself appropriately

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Flyinglemur posted:

Cross posting from the knockoff thread.

I love the Gulf livery on cars so much. Lego doesn't have a large model in those colors so I ordered this one from a Chinese knockoff site

I'm not sure what I like more, the Guif or the RACING FUELS

Also YWOBB has a decent sale going on now and I don't know if they've dropped prices all over but this particular set went from $130 down to $98 before the sale.

I also don't know if it's okay to post non LEGO sets in this thread so if that's the case then I will absolutely delete this and flog myself appropriately

That looks cool, enjoy. A lot of the Chinese knockoffs are doing sales now. Can you link the other thread, I didn't know it existed.

I just bought my son some Lego super Mario sets (a line I do not like at all) off marstoy for Christmas, neither are in print so ended up paying $95 after shipping for two sets that sell on bricklink for (and were new at) 90 each.
I'm expecting that the barcodes aren't going to work right.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

trevorreznik posted:

That looks cool, enjoy. A lot of the Chinese knockoffs are doing sales now. Can you link the other thread, I didn't know it existed.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780997&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I have one of those Japanese street shops buildings from some non-Lego place that I haven't built yet. It has seemingly good reviews, though.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Lego would never issue a permit for that ac

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I’ve been frequently tempted to get the tofu shop to go with my 86.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Two new GWPs announced, including a remake of Majisto's Magical Workshop.

Side note, am I the only one who finds the modern version of the Majisto minifig really disappointing? I find the old more stylised beard far more expressive, and I can't for the life of me grasp why they gave the new fig just a plain blue torso.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
The whole set kind of sucks except for the Dragon Knight torso (and that fig really should have had the dope-rear end dragon helmet, too). Definitely the worst of the nostalgia bait classic theme tribute sets so far. It doesn't feel like a creative modern re-imagining, it feels like they were tasked to re-create the original and realized they just don't have the right pieces.

edit: The market stall is fine. The mini builds are cute, the color scheme is nice, and the angled roofs are a nice touch. Should look great in a winter buildings setup. Pretty good snowman and tree, too.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 13, 2023

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, Majisto looks bad.

I wonder if we are going to get another Xmas set in December. I don't remember if they did it last year, but I think they had been doing a BF and then a Dec one for the years preceeding.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
There was a blue wizard build a figure last year that was so much better.
https://jaysbrickblog.com/reviews/review-lego-build-a-minifigure-bam-exclusives-q2-2022/

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

deoju posted:

There was a blue wizard build a figure last year that was so much better.
https://jaysbrickblog.com/reviews/review-lego-build-a-minifigure-bam-exclusives-q2-2022/

Those are really cool. I wish I had known the BAM stations had unique/special figs. How long has that been going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Question: what's this red thing on the balcony supposed to be? (Green Grocer modular)