Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

On my phone the performance is purely related to thermals. I can run max settings (on iPhone 12 Pro Max) but only when I have a dual fan cooler on the phone, which is a pain in the rear end. I got that thing just to test this (it was cheap), and turned out thermal throttling was the real performance hit.

I can’t really deal with 30 fps so now I just have a mix of medium and high settings at 60fps. It’s whatever but like I said at some point in the past, there’s way too much dialogue to have me anywhere except chilling on the couch when playing the game (unless I’m doing abyss 12; that is something I do on pc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i think i want to cosplay as furina but wow is her outfit complex

Kale
May 14, 2010

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

How the heck do you stay alive for more than 2 seconds against the Abyss 12 Dirge of Coppelia? Lmao. I got too arrogant feeling like through 11 was as easy as always. First time fighting this boss too.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Xalidur posted:

How the heck do you stay alive for more than 2 seconds against the Abyss 12 Dirge of Coppelia? Lmao. I got too arrogant feeling like through 11 was as easy as always. First time fighting this boss too.
My usual approach with failures against bosses in this game is to look up the boss in the wiki to internalize what the boss's attacks even are. When playing through it I'm too distracted to distinguish/remember what actually hit me. Once I know what it does it's a lot easier.
Also with a lot of enemies a big part of it is just having the discipline to keep them in camera through them moving around a lot. You can't dodge what you can't see.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I just exited and switched to Raiden National, so it turns out the answer was "Bennett." I've been away too long to remember the answers, even when they haven't changed~

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Abyss really only has two strategies: "I hope you bought this specific team" and "Apply more damage"

I tend to go with the homegrown third strategy of "Don't do abyss 12"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mailer posted:

I tend to go with the homegrown third strategy of "Don't do abyss"

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Nakar posted:

If she wants constellations then it's probably not worth it. The odds of C2 in 20-30 pulls is far too low. Possibly still worth a single ten pull or something if the other 4-stars are people I don't have (I think one was supposed to be Kirara, but that's all rumors), just to see if I get anybody new, but I wouldn't be in any real rush to use anyone else from that banner, so it's probably best to just skip it.

I checked and mine that seems to go on every hyperbloom team is C2 now, but I distinctly remember C0 Shinobu already being light and day better Dori, who was already "I don't see why everyone says she's terrible she's fine really."

It turns out everyone says Dori is terrible because Shinobu is really really good.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Shinobu being pretty much universally regarded as incredible is really nice after she got panned real hard on her initial release. Dendro really gave Electro as a whole a big turn around.

Is Shinobu the most highly regarded 4* outside the 1.0 crew?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Shinobu being pretty much universally regarded as incredible is really nice after she got panned real hard on her initial release. Dendro really gave Electro as a whole a big turn around.

Probably. Either her or Yaoyao.

Overworld all-star Sayu should be up there too, but she never gets the respect she deserves.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Again, I find myself asking: why are we talking to archons again? Did Mihoyo forget too? I thought it was to find their sibling but then that was handwaved away somehow and since every archon so far has either shrugged or refused to give us any information it feels like they've just given up on that arc.

I do appreciate, with sound turned on for the archon quests, that they cranked down the pipes on Paimon's lines.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I figured there must be someone I was missing but nope, that's about right. Yaoyao got generally favorable reviews, but mostly it's just a low bar. "Has an aoe electro E" doesn't sound like it should be a huge selling point, but yeah... Nahida. I don't think I ever actually switched to any of them while they were doing their time in the daily friendship team.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
To make up for the fact that they didn't have Minase Inori sing anything in this game, I've taken to listening to her best song from Symphogear while I fight the new weekly boss. Thus, I've concluded that my Raiden Aggravate team is optimal for that fight. Specifically, it's much preferable to Hyperbloom, because sucking complete arse in the second phase makes the fight last for the whole song, and makes the phase transitions line up with the verse breaks much better.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Mailer posted:

Again, I find myself asking: why are we talking to archons again? Did Mihoyo forget too? I thought it was to find their sibling but then that was handwaved away somehow and since every archon so far has either shrugged or refused to give us any information it feels like they've just given up on that arc.

Nahida did everything in her power to help figure out what the gently caress is going on with the sibling but given she's only just gotten out of 500 years in baby jail she's just kind of out of the loop.

Ei similarly was wrapped up in her own stupid nonsense for the same period of time.

Really it's Venti (because he's a twerp) and Zhongli (because he's under contract) that are intentionally withholding info.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I hate this track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EatUAhgJRqE

Is it just me? Am I being crazy?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I like how Venti and Zhongli are both utterly unhelpful to the Traveler in exactly the same way for vastly different philosophical reasons.

Also shout out to Hydro Archon offing herself before she could tell us literally anything, rude. I think we got the least amount of myth arc information at the end of this last Archon quest? We barely know more about Natlan now, even, and they didn't even mention the Pyro Archon, I think.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

No Wave posted:

I don't mind that one, but I've been hearing this one again in the new region and I despise it still.

https://youtu.be/SBxZj1md2Us?si=YAH0uxamMDL7HpRO

e: Just so it's not all negative I absolutely love this one:

https://youtu.be/DXBs5PG9U7c?si=jcSEPgSsQ4mgxOam

Ferrous fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 13, 2023

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Mailer posted:

I do appreciate, with sound turned on for the archon quests, that they cranked down the pipes on Paimon's lines.

I figured there must be someone I was missing but nope, that's about right. Yaoyao got generally favorable reviews, but mostly it's just a low bar. "Has an aoe electro E" doesn't sound like it should be a huge selling point, but yeah... Nahida. I don't think I ever actually switched to any of them while they were doing their time in the daily friendship team.

We found our sibling, in the very first Dain arc after Monstadt. We even know where they've been, working with the Abyss order for like 500 years. Our sibling explicitly refuses to leave with us when we encounter them and encourages us to keep travelling. The implication is we don't have the understanding of Teyvat that they have yet and the more of it we see the more we learn about Celestia and the Abyss and the systems of the world in general, which is clearly what they want us to do.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
We also seem, presumably based on prior experience before the events of the game, very confident they can take care of themselves. There’s no real time pressure or imminent threat to a pair of cosmos travelling creatures.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAoUTDKVbDs

This one's been my favorite Fontaine exploration track.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

No Wave posted:

A bit strange but I like it. This one can get hosed though:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

4.2 full story spoilers

Does anyone else suspect that the third descender is your sibling and they're mostly dead, with the version you talk to being a ghost or something? The gnoses being the remains of your sibling would be morbid/appropriate for the plot to constantly revolve around. Plus if you're the fourth descender it only makes sense for them to be the third.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Mailer posted:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

No Wave posted:

4.2 full story spoilers

Does anyone else suspect that the third descender is your sibling and they're mostly dead, with the version you talk to being a ghost or something? The gnoses being the remains of your sibling would be morbid/appropriate for the plot to constantly revolve around. Plus if you're the fourth descender it only makes sense for them to be the third.

Not a bad idea, but haven't we also seen them talking to members of the Abyss Order? Plus you'd think if they were the remains of their leader those guys would be trying to get them, not the Fatui.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

No Wave posted:

4.2 full story spoilers

The timeline doesn't add up. The Archon War was 2000 years ago and the creation of the Gnoses had to be even earlier than that. Our exact arrival time is unclear but it's concurrent with the Cataclysm and the destruction of Khaenri'ah only 500 years ago.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The timeline doesn't add up. The Archon War was 2000 years ago and the creation of the Gnoses had to be even earlier than that. Our exact arrival time is unclear but it's concurrent with the Cataclysm and the destruction of Khaenri'ah only 500 years ago.

Yeah this new lore is a hell of a headache trying to fit into things. While it's possible that Celestia just had contained the dragon authorities in another manner, we know the gnosis were there at the end of the Archon war which was roughly 1800 years ago. That's the latest that they could be made. Also who the Third could be because I thought it was Alice but she's very much alive.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Eimi posted:

Yeah this new lore is a hell of a headache trying to fit into things. While it's possible that Celestia just had contained the dragon authorities in another manner, we know the gnosis were there at the end of the Archon war which was roughly 1800 years ago. That's the latest that they could be made. Also who the Third could be because I thought it was Alice but she's very much alive.

Neuvillette's character codex has a wealth of information for reconciling some of what we've been told, although a lot of it's still a mystery.

Primordial One conquers the dragons, assumes absolute authority. They're severely wounded in something called the "great war of vengeance." They work together with the Second Who Came (which is kind of weird because I thought Enkanomiya lore rather strongly implied they were enemies, but maybe they came to some kind of truce?) to create the Gnoses from the Third Descender's remains. Power is delegated to the Archons because the previous ruler or rulers of the world were too damaged or diminished to continue to wield it themselves.

Also all of this may contain an "off by one" error because there's a weird game of musical chairs going on with the First and Second Descenders' identities, but we have no idea why it matters, so it's hard to speculate.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Neuvillette's character codex has a wealth of information for reconciling some of what we've been told, although a lot of it's still a mystery.

Primordial One conquers the dragons, assumes absolute authority. They're severely wounded in something called the "great war of vengeance." They work together with the Second Who Came (which is kind of weird because I thought Enkanomiya lore rather strongly implied they were enemies, but maybe they came to some kind of truce?) to create the Gnoses from the Third Descender's remains. Power is delegated to the Archons because the previous ruler or rulers of the world were too damaged or diminished to continue to wield it themselves.

Also all of this may contain an "off by one" error because there's a weird game of musical chairs going on with the First and Second Descenders' identities, but we have no idea why it matters, so it's hard to speculate.

Yeah that makes sense on the off by one thing because I have that same theory relating to the Fatui. Namely that Pierro is not #1 he's #0, so there's a missing Harbinger at slot 10. With everything said about Capitano, there's no way he's down at 10.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It doesnt help that all lore could have been rewritten in Irminsul any number of times.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
So wait is this the first we've heard of the third Descender? Assuming Alice is the 5th or doesn't count and not, like, super ancient and disembodied?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Fontaine has some odd tracks compared to the rest of the game. They don't sound bad, but they're tonally all over the place, and I wouldn't listen to them if I weren't playing the game.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Fontaine has no Port Ormos or For Riddles, For Wonders

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Losing Yu Peng Chen was the worst thing that could have happened to the game in terms of staff no other single individual mattered so much. It happened and we're here and the game's still fine but I do think they went from best in class to average on that front. I hope they find a way to turn some of their billions into S tier music again.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

There are a small few Fontaine tracks that have felt kind of out of place, but I think that's just an inevitable cost of them experimenting a bit. I've really loved a bunch of the music, and the more ambient underwater stuff in general has great vibes.

A couple of my favorites so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fPpO4-qBIg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENy9JiEaixM

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

Losing Yu Peng Chen was the worst thing that could have happened to the game in terms of staff no other single individual mattered so much. It happened and we're here and the game's still fine but I do think they went from best in class to average on that front. I hope they find a way to turn some of their billions into S tier music again.

I disagree. I'm finding Arcangelo Chen a worthy successor. Most of what he's done with Sumeru and Fontaine has been pretty great.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

No Wave posted:

While Yu Peng Chen was amazing I think we'll be fine in the long run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMRycYsEz70

rio
Mar 20, 2008

No Wave posted:

I was out of the loop and didn’t realize he left. Looking through the things that he didn’t write, it explains in part why I don’t like the Fontaine music. I just thought it was because everything sounded to “ballroom-y” or something but I bet if he wrote it, or was involved, it would have worked.

The thing is, although i don’t know specific names Hoyomix has some real bangers but they’re all electronic music/non symphonic so Genshin won’t really benefit much from it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

rio posted:

I was out of the loop and didn’t realize he left. Looking through the things that he didn’t write, it explains in part why I don’t like the Fontaine music. I just thought it was because everything sounded to “ballroom-y” or something but I bet if he wrote it, or was involved, it would have worked.

The thing is, although i don’t know specific names Hoyomix has some real bangers but they’re all electronic music/non symphonic so Genshin won’t really benefit much from it.

Who is the madlad who composed Senti's theme and made sure they added the whip because they're the best. Their youtube upload of it just credits Hoyo-mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNP5tJj0oKE

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wanna know more about Columbina and why, exactly, shes an awful person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

No Wave posted:

It doesnt help that all lore could have been rewritten in Irminsul any number of times.

I'm still pretty behind on Fontaine (I started the theater investigation a few weeks ago and haven't been in the mood to get back to it), but yeah, who knows how many times that's happened. Nahida was locked up for a long, long time, and it's a lot to presume that she's the only being on Teyvat capable of accessing Irminsul, much less the only Archon. Hell, we already know that the twins aren't the first otherworldly beings to visit the planet, either, so who knows what other people could get in without being affected