Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
edorasmaxxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I'm using OAR to give factions their own weapon movesets, are there any good "dirty fighting" ones suitable for bandits and Forsworn?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I'm using OAR to give factions their own weapon movesets, are there any good "dirty fighting" ones suitable for bandits and Forsworn?

Is this something you could post as a mod?

Anyhow, I finally decided to figure out which stupid mod was adding these Ancient Nord Daggers to the Draugr weapon pool. Draugr can't use daggers, they don't have animations for them. They'll just stand there in a scary pose if they don't have a weapon or spell they can use. I've known this since like 2013 having to open up the dumb "Weaponizer" mod and remove the dagger it added to the draugr weapon pool.

It's the official CC Fishing mod. :catstare:

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

Anyhow, I finally decided to figure out which stupid mod was adding these Ancient Nord Daggers to the Draugr weapon pool. Draugr can't use daggers, they don't have animations for them. They'll just stand there in a scary pose if they don't have a weapon or spell they can use. I've known this since like 2013 having to open up the dumb "Weaponizer" mod and remove the dagger it added to the draugr weapon pool.

It's the official CC Fishing mod. :catstare:

Man, I hate mods adding stuff unrelated to their main purpose. (When they're not big general overhauls, anyway.) Is it adding the dagger and is another mod adding it to the pool of weapons dragur can be equipped with, or directly adding it to the dragur equipment itself?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zereth posted:

Man, I hate mods adding stuff unrelated to their main purpose. (When they're not big general overhauls, anyway.) Is it adding the dagger and is another mod adding it to the pool of weapons dragur can be equipped with, or directly adding it to the dragur equipment itself?

I'd bet it's the former. The fishing CC mod adds a bunch of new weapons as trash/interesting items to fish up, which is reasonable, putting them onto draugr directly is the fuckup.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Arivia posted:

I'd bet it's the former. The fishing CC mod adds a bunch of new weapons as trash/interesting items to fish up, which is reasonable, putting them onto draugr directly is the fuckup.

Nope, from what I can tell, the CC Fishing mod is adding them to the draugr leveled lists. :catstare:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Is this something you could post as a mod?

OAR (Open Animation Replacer) has faction conditions you can assign animations to, and I'd figure factions having different fighting styles would mix things up a bit.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Zereth posted:

its the latter. The draugr daggers are added to just the loot pool while fishing - the equivalent of fishing up an old boot in WoW.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

OAR (Open Animation Replacer) has faction conditions you can assign animations to, and I'd figure factions having different fighting styles would mix things up a bit.

That sounds awesome. I have OAR installed, but only as a prerequisite for SkyClimb, I haven't really fiddled with it.

Tankbuster posted:

its the latter. The draugr daggers are added to just the loot pool while fishing - the equivalent of fishing up an old boot in WoW.

I was going to be all :smug: but I went back and checked, and you're right. It was an optional component of High Level Enemies Redux that did it. :downs: That'll teach me to be snarky when tired!

- anyways -

I'm still having a ton of fun this time through, and I'm using a Skyrim Uncapper preset which lowers my experience gain the higher level I get, without stopping it. I'm currently level 36 when I'd normally be 70ish with this much time in, I'm powerful but not nearly invincible, I still get killed when I'm not careful.

Enai's Summermist has an amazing enchantment, it does damage and renames the enemies to a random insult like Peasant or Twerp. Fuckin lol.

Also hilarious: I'm using a mod that enables friendly fire, and I think the thing I've noticed most is that Serana keeps infecting me with Sanguinaire Vampiris.

Like, every single combat. :drac:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 19, 2023

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/102920

I found the ideal untrained fighter moveset.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Happy Twelve Years of This Goddamn Game

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Here's to another 12 :cheerdoge:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

From your lips to Todd's ear

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

Leal posted:

Here's to another 12 :cheerdoge:

Is TES VI that far away?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

TES6 is going to advance the timeline into technological times, with computers and such. The intro will be your character sitting down at a terminal, booting it up, and then hearing "Ah, you're finally awake." Surprise, motherfucker, it's another Skyrim rerelease!

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Started playing Helgen Reborn and wow this is some real edgelord grim dark poo poo huh. What a terrible mod.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Flowing Thot posted:

Started playing Helgen Reborn and wow this is some real edgelord grim dark poo poo huh. What a terrible mod.

It's an old Skyrim mod and it shows.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Flowing Thot posted:

if I remember correctly when running through it for Septimus it's still got enough good parts to make it worth continuing, but yeah it's edgelord as hell.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The idea of a mod to rebuild Helgen is cool, though, it would be cool to have one without a bunch of dumb bullshit.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

A mod to rebuild Helgen, and then another one to destroy it again

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GunnerJ posted:

The idea of a mod to rebuild Helgen is cool, though, it would be cool to have one without a bunch of dumb bullshit.

Yeah, the reward for when you clear Helgen Reborn is pretty sweet, but the slog to get there is a bit much.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Are there any mods that try to do the whole "rebuilding Helgen" thing other than Helgen Reborn?

I remember there was at least three "major" Kvatch rebuilding mods at one point.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I think the major reason I've never been interested in playing Helgen Reborn (and I remember this being a thing for me with at least one of those rebuild Kvatch mods, but at least Kvatch was a major city) is that Helgen is a Riverwood sized village with an Imperial outpost and a wall, and this mod seems to pack everything in. Six dungeons? A fight club? Giant cavern with full sized dragon displays? Like if it was just a quest to rebuild it back to a cozy little town without things like what appears to be an Oblivion gate stuck in somewhere, I'd probably enjoy it. Instead, everything I've seen and heard about it seems to be a sprawling mess.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

kartikeya posted:

I think the major reason I've never been interested in playing Helgen Reborn (and I remember this being a thing for me with at least one of those rebuild Kvatch mods, but at least Kvatch was a major city) is that Helgen is a Riverwood sized village with an Imperial outpost and a wall, and this mod seems to pack everything in. Six dungeons? A fight club? Giant cavern with full sized dragon displays? Like if it was just a quest to rebuild it back to a cozy little town without things like what appears to be an Oblivion gate stuck in somewhere, I'd probably enjoy it. Instead, everything I've seen and heard about it seems to be a sprawling mess.

:same:

I'd love to mod in some more hamlets, but yeah, scoping things.

Also if someone were to mod one of the hearthfire places so that there's like a tiny village forming around the homestead over time, that'd be great. Though I don't want FO4 style sim trash city with micromanagement and poo poo pathing. Inevitably that will be the fate of TES VI, it's going to have all that poo poo crammed into it.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Flowing Thot posted:

its the average gamer who thinks bethesda stories aren't mature enough.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Doing Bruma now and cool quest where a nobleman kidnaps a woman and she falls in love with him. loving Christ. Most of Bruma had been a lot better than that at least.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
drat, this psuedo-medieval universe has questionable and shady characters.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
TES doesn't really seem medieval at all tbh, manorialism doesn't seem to really be a thing, vassalage is maybe sorta there? And you've got printed books everywhere.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Staltran posted:

TES doesn't really seem medieval at all tbh, manorialism doesn't seem to really be a thing, vassalage is maybe sorta there? And you've got printed books everywhere.

When people say “medieval” clearly they mean horses, swords, and sometimes magic.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I haven’t played the game in quite a long time, but this morning I was reading the Skyrim subreddit and came across a post that makes me want to start it up again.

quote:

Skyrim becomes so bleak if you don't savescum away bad stuff

So, this playthrough I've decided to roll with it. If a dragon takes out all the miners in Dawnstar, the gods willed it. If my follower weirdly stays aggro during an arrest dialogue & kills all the npcs in the market of whiterun before I can finish the conversation, so be it.

I became a vampire at level 12 during a dinner gone horribly awry. I was already a mistress of illusion that had wiped out the Vigilants of Stendarr. So I stay in the shadows as Stenvar stalks the streets of Skyrim. Windhelm hasn't had guards in months. Every so often I emerge from the ether to slice the throat of somebody who told me I need to leave. We have a good thing going. It's nice.

So many quests are broken. So many orphans. And yet the NPCs that remain love me, tell me what a fine day it is in the snowy wasteland that was a kingdom. Somehow the false veneer of courtesy makes the horror of it all that much more insidious.

quote:

Okay, so my main setup rn is an Elven dagger of banishing, the DB gloves for double damage, & invisibility in my left hand. I never surrender to guards & have a bounty in four holds.

Wherever there's a bounty, even with invisibility, the guards will know exactly where I am & run up to me to arrest me, so I tell them they'll never take me alive and poof out of existence. I sneak behind anybody aggroing around me & take them out until I'm officially hidden, but I usually don't need to kill anyone.

That's Stenvar's bag. You see, he's not invisible. In fact, he's extremely visible in full dragon plate & wielding an ebony warhammer. Wherever I sneak invisibly, Stenvar stomps along and destroys my enemies, most of which are guards.

It all starts innocently, a flagon of alto wine grabbed instead of the barmaid's attention, an arrow that innocently murders a guard instead of hitting the dragon it was intended for, but soon enough a shift of guardsmen is no more. It's true you know, they never will take me alive. Stenvar will see to that.

Honestly, becoming thane of a hold where I'm wanted and have eliminated the entire security force feels pretty good. Very vampy.

Of course in the replies, other people started telling their stories too:

quote:

We took over every mine, roamed the empty streets of Markarth, Whiterun, Solitude and so forth every day. We had killed so many Nords in Windhelm that the Argonians had started walking into the city to go to the bars because no one was there to harass them anymore.

quote:

My character was basically the best blacksmith in Skyrim as she was soon the only blacksmith in Skyrim. Dungeon delving became essential for loot because most merchants were dead and supplies became scarce. The majority of Raven Rock sat empty, with all of the townsfolk sitting in a pile in the center of town.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Since Valerica lives resides in the Soul Cairn, dies that make her the Soul Karen?

Also, does anyone else think "The Soouuuullllll Cairn" like the old Soul Train intro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB8PPhQglwo

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

Since Valerica lives resides in the Soul Cairn, dies that make her the Soul Karen?

Also, does anyone else think "The Soouuuullllll Cairn" like the old Soul Train intro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB8PPhQglwo

Yes and in fallout if i pick up a deskfan i sing the Bungie hit that got covered by Metallica

https://youtu.be/54H3EUAzpVg?si=sEbQULLp-LmV7ROh

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The paid mod update is here all your mods are broken hope you told Steam not to update.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Flowing Thot posted:

The paid mod update is here all your mods are broken hope you told Steam not to update.

That good old yearly "Bethesda breaks its own game again" update.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

nine-gear crow posted:

That good old yearly "Bethesda breaks its own game again" update.

Now with new MTX.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Fortunately most everything uses that address library mod these days so everything should MOSTLY be working again fast except for the stuff that arbitrarily breaks and the mods that people will never ever update beyond a three-year-old version for reasons.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Please don't forget the mods that authors will refuse to support the new paid mod store so they will never update their mod past 1.6.640.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Guess they have a better chance of making money like this than from releasing an actually good game in the future.

There's bound to be some marketing folks dreaming of the release of the PS6, XBox Y, Switch 2 so they can re-release Skyim as Gen-Y Edition on those as well as everywhere it already runs.

Cash. Cow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I thought they said no more new content after the Anniversary Edition? Like I took that as a selling point of that release (buy this and you won’t have to worry about missing anything)