Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Someone here mentioned that people couldn't shut the gently caress up about snowrunner and it was super annoying, so I had to check it out and yup pretty good. Getting all your trucks staged in a map without a garage and then getting all the missions done there is excellent.

5 minutes later all of these trucks are flipped upside down in a pile trying to move a single crate 300 feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

for an unprecedented 12th year in a row, the game of the year is EYE Divine Cybermancy

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Salt Fish posted:

Someone here mentioned that people couldn't shut the gently caress up about snowrunner and it was super annoying, so I had to check it out and yup pretty good. Getting all your trucks staged in a map without a garage and then getting all the missions done there is excellent.

5 minutes later all of these trucks are flipped upside down in a pile trying to move a single crate 300 feet.

go nab a P16. that's rescue truck triarii. if you manage to flip that you get an award

I'm at like 95% with michigan. guess I gotta go to alaska. hard mode is good so far. i like having to scavenge fuel and trailers and i like to just use the stuff i find around the map. some day i'll buy a truck though

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Truga posted:

what is this lmao

slav spotted

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
also the tire/gearbox optimization is a lot more complicated than that tire traction spreadsheet. getting offroad gearboxes and the biggest fattest mud tires and puttering around in low+ is a noob trap

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Cuttlefush posted:

go nab a P16. that's rescue truck triarii. if you manage to flip that you get an award

I'm at like 95% with michigan. guess I gotta go to alaska. hard mode is good so far. i like having to scavenge fuel and trailers and i like to just use the stuff i find around the map. some day i'll buy a truck though

did they actually rebalance the mission rewards in hard mode because iirc eventually you start getting to regions where the contracts/tasks don't actually pay out enough to cover the cost of gas

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

turn off the TV posted:

did they actually rebalance the mission rewards in hard mode because iirc eventually you start getting to regions where the contracts/tasks don't actually pay out enough to cover the cost of gas

i'm guessing so since i've never seen anyone complain about that and many mentions of money not being a big issue past the first couple regions

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

yep, snowrunner fuckin rules. driving trucks around at 5 mph through a swamp is a thrilling experience that ime never gets old. I've played for like 700 hours and i still have 2.5 map packs that i haven't finished. there's so much trucking to do

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I 100% base game and year1 maps (90% on Amur) but haven’t touched y2-3 at all so I got a lot of trucking n loving to do. will prob just dive into y3 then back to y2

too much trucking

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
yeah i did not expect the first region to be like a full rear end game worth of truckin

sick

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

good choice at #2

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
hear me out: isometric, turnbased, with sexy assets you want to gently caress, Snowrunner

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Goa Tse-tung posted:

hear me out: isometric, turnbased, with sexy assets you want to gently caress, Snowrunner

They already made a logistics game like that its called Heroes of Might and Magic. You even get stuck in swamps and move super slow.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Bringing my hero with expert pathfinding over to winch my mule hero out of the swamp.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

truckin' and fuckin' dlc is all I crave

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RealityWarCriminal posted:

good choice at #2

Was my primary thought but it also made me smile to see pha tasy star 2 so high

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIXIrTLVS2s

He used that vaccuum for evil.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Xaris posted:

I 100% base game and year1 maps (90% on Amur) but haven’t touched y2-3 at all so I got a lot of trucking n loving to do. will prob just dive into y3 then back to y2

too much trucking

maine (y2) has a very fun mechanic where you have to do missions to unlock garage components/actions. so the garage doesn't repair trucks until you do that mission, you can't change parts until you do another, etc. ontario (y3) is also interesting because you have to build watertowers to extinguish forest fires which is neat. but the mechanics of the water towers don't really work or make sense for where the fires actually are so most of them are worthless and you just end up trucking a fuckton of water around. so that one starts out cool and then becomes kinda boring as you have to send like a dozen trucks on the same route
honk!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

from where im sitting mario is the evil one

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

BONGHITZ posted:

from where im sitting mario is the evil one

he just has an overabundance of faith in the system

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bro Dad posted:

you think that's bad, there's currently like eight spidermans in just the main marvel continuity

drat new york must be infested with radioactive spiders

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hatebag posted:

maine (y2) has a very fun mechanic where you have to do missions to unlock garage components/actions. so the garage doesn't repair trucks until you do that mission, you can't change parts until you do another, etc. ontario (y3) is also interesting because you have to build watertowers to extinguish forest fires which is neat. but the mechanics of the water towers don't really work or make sense for where the fires actually are so most of them are worthless and you just end up trucking a fuckton of water around. so that one starts out cool and then becomes kinda boring as you have to send like a dozen trucks on the same route
honk!

the maine gimmick winds up just being switching to another region to do garage stuff

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

drat new york must be infested with radioactive spiders

they now have a multidimensional psychic spider god who just passes that poo poo out like candy

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

that list sucks so bad lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the actual spiderverse comic was a really grim story about dimension hopping vampires who fed on spiderman souls but it did have hilarious moments like one of the vampires taking out the spiderman from all the hostess fruit pie ads

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

This is starting to sound like a worse version of Neil Gaiman's novel Anansi Boys.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

if you don't really like/care about spiderman it's kind of a fun read because it just has them dying in droves

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Buck Wildman posted:

if you don't really like/care about spiderman it's kind of a fun read because it just has them dying in droves
but there’s infinite multiverses of them, so did any really die???

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

thankfully that does not happen in this one, instead there's now an app that people use to call spider-man for help that somehow never gets abused for dumb poo poo

No one is going to gently caress with Spiderman like that.

The best spiderman poo poo is when he's pretty much one of those dudes who dresses up like a super hero and does goofy homeless outreach and street patrols but just happens to have powers

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Xaris posted:

but there’s infinite multiverses of them, so did any really die???

oh yeah guy, so many

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

Welcome to the cult, your membership card is 8 slots long and to display it you need to haul it across 3 maps, and you'd better believe its got those legs at the front that will get caught on everything

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

dark tower, but just for Mario

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
lists are reactionary

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hatebag posted:

i guess the problem with "my time at sandrock" is that's a stupid fuckin name and it sounds like the title of some half-assed edutainment game for elementary school kids to play in between rounds of number munchers. shoulda taken a second run at that name imho

That's because it's a game aimed at normal people instead of Gamers.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ytlaya posted:

that’s right

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I only voted for the best ongoing game. It is fortnite

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ytlaya posted:

A lot of games are aimed at normal people and it makes goons insanely mad

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Game enjoyers > gamers > Yankee doodle gamers

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Both Steam and EGS will have their autumn sales next week. Both will start on the 21st.

Epic will be offering 33% off vouchers plus 10% cashback instead of the usual 5%, by the way.

Anyone know how their cashback works? Does it go into your account or some poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

the maine gimmick winds up just being switching to another region to do garage stuff

very dishonorable.