Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Dat hat on laser machete :eyepop:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I haven't followed production of this thing but I am fully invested in the Robot Stag Lord guy. What's his drat deal, why's he got antlers. Hoping for an Army Of Thieves style backstory movie for him

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Robot is literally trying to "get back to nature" AIUI - he's even doing the Gladiator Field Of Wheat thing. No doubt he'll have a butterfly land on his finger.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

2house2fly posted:

I haven't followed production of this thing but I am fully invested in the Robot Stag Lord guy. What's his drat deal, why's he got antlers. Hoping for an Army Of Thieves style backstory movie for him

They are played by Anthony Hopkins.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Grendels Dad posted:

Dat hat on laser machete :eyepop:

Traditional Korean hats were magnificent https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gat_(hat)

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

2house2fly posted:

He's part of a model of robots that were made to serve a king that has long since been dead, His kind were then repurposed as manual labor machines, and this one in particular is trying to find a sense of purpose in life, iirc.

Also it's been confirmed that Rebel Moon will be getting a limited theater run, in specific theaters in New York, LA, London and Toronto.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

teagone posted:

Traditional Korean hats were magnificent https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gat_(hat)

It's a great hat but in that picture it kinda looks badly photoshopped on...

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

Grendels Dad posted:

It's a great hat but in that picture it kinda looks badly photoshopped on...

Yeah, she would have to be a conehead for it to stick at that angle that high on the head.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Army of the Dead anime is either paused or cancelled, and Army of the Dead and Rebel Moon take place in the same universe.

https://www.joblo.com/aotd-rebel-moon/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
BvS is on TNT after the rasslin' and man, that sequence of talking heads on the news talking about Superman cut to the montage of him saving people. I love Affleck in this movie and this arc his Batman goes on but I would've loved a whole-rear end movie that was just Snyder's response to the response to Man of Steel that was just dudes talkin' about Superman for two hours and then he fights Zuckerberg Luthor in a big mech suit or something at the end.

There's something so cool about the world responding to the Black Zero Event and Bruce Wayne's problems with Superman and Clark Kent's problems with Batman but it feels like even at 3 hours for the Ultimate Cut, the movie just doesn't have enough time to really sink its teeth into everything it wants to.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhr3MzT6exg

:supaburn:

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
The whole thing gives me heavy Saga vibes.

There's even a spider manthing.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
gently caress yeah. spiders, laser swords, space karate, beards, hoods.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fatty posted:

The whole thing gives me heavy Saga vibes.

There's even a spider manthing.

Doing whatever a spider canthing

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

im gonna watch rebel moon on December 22nd dont know about you guys

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Djimon Hounsou is 59 btw.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

gladiator and rebel moon confirmed same universe, pretty crazy stuff!!!

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

teagone posted:

Djimon Hounsou is 59 btw.

Djimon Honsou and Peter Mensah should play rival 'super buff older guys' in something. No idea what. They've both been in Gladiator things and did a great job. I'm actually surprised Mensah hasn't shown up more Zack Snyder things aside from his small role in 300.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I will watch this Rebel Moon.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
It’s a put together a team film combines with Synder action: excited for this.

Getting a team together is one of the best sub genre after all.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Yup

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Reminder that Rebel Moon part one cost less than 90 million to make

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

checkplease posted:

It’s a put together a team film combines with Synder action: excited for this.

Getting a team together is one of the best sub genre after all.

It is. It's why ZSJL hits so loving hard.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

McCloud posted:

Reminder that Rebel Moon part one cost less than 90 million to make

I think it's very funny that Netflix was initially hesitant to release a 3+ hour film, so the Snyders negotiated a 2 part release, and within that negotiated a 3 hour R-rated cut of the first part.

Blockbuster Cinema is back on the menu, and I'm gonna get fat.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The movie intro montage is going to be so sick.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Looks good. I actually like movies about building the team and meeting the characters, so should be fun.

I think it might suffer based on the fact that they probably don't beat the bad guys in part one, but that didn't hurt Empire Strikes Back.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

His original WW story was about building a team of warriors from around the world to defeat Ares. It seems like this is a story he wanted to tell for a while.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I was really not into Army of the Dead and I've been kinda distant about this one, but I did like this last trailer a lot. Obviously excited to watch it either way, I really just hope it goes balls to the wall and keeps throwing in every ridiculous idea he's ever had

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

If you're gonna make a space opera that's gonna rival Star Wars, throwing every wild idea at the wall is kind of a pre-requisite for success. I mean in just the first movie, Lucas had Slug crime lords, evil robot samurai, laser swords that can deflect laser bolts, planet destroying moons, psychic space monks and walking yeti companions

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mark Hamil was there too!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

hmmm i feel like I'd remember that

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

If you are not careful with throwing everything at the wall, you might end up with a Jupiter Ascending.

Which I still love, but that's about the height of my expectations. A fun spiritual sibling to Jupiter Ascending.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

If you are not careful with throwing everything at the wall, you might end up with a Jupiter Ascending.
exactly. I'm hoping Snyder was not careful with this one

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
As long as it's not the army of the dead lens lol

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RBA Starblade posted:

Huh? The voice actor from Wizards?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

MacheteZombie posted:

As long as it's not the army of the dead lens lol

I have bad news for you but excellent news for all the lens sickos out there

It's not quite the same lens - he's had a set of anamorphics made by Zero Optik who did the rehousing on the AoTD 'dream lens', they're about f1.5 rather than f0.9 but still super soft and he's shooting wide open.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

it's crazy how a different lens can make Djimon Hounsou look like this

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Can you believe he's 59 in that shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie