Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

if the headquarters is under the hospital why did israel spend the first month bombing apartment buildings and bakeries and wait until the hospital was full of injured refugees to attack it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Fellatio del Toro posted:

if the headquarters is under the hospital why did israel spend the first month bombing apartment buildings and bakeries and wait until the hospital was full of injured refugees to attack it

Hamas are attracted by the scent of blood like sharks

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

they were trying to but all the unexploded stuff on the way to the hospital kept distracting them

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fosborb posted:

they were trying to but all the unexploded stuff on the way to the hospital kept distracting them

sidequests are usually more engaging than the main storyline

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

They pick one egregious example of targeting civilians, defend it, and pretend that defense could apply to targeting half of all housing in Gaza.

They were all command and control infrastructure! Please ignore what we've been openly saying about our intent to make all of Gaza uninhabitable.

FFS they've said this is the new Nakba, in those words.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Have you ever played minesweeper? Bombing works the same way

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

kecske posted:

bibi will feed every man woman and child he can into moloch's corpse grinder purely to save himself

Equeen posted:

Of course, didn’t mean to downplay the important work of other Gaza journalists.

meant it more as an 'in addition' not instead.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Adenoid Dan posted:

FFS they've said this is the new Nakba, in those words.

and they're promising to bring it to beruit as well

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bouillon Rube posted:

The Mediterranean sea has provided documents proving that the water came from inside the helicopter

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Geight posted:

I'm not a big military guy so I'm really curious what sort of training exercise requires five ace pilots all in the same vehicle at the same time.

That's just a poorly worded tweet to go with the news article. The entire unit (the 160th) is not solely pilots but other crewmembers for a chopper. So if you've got 5 crew in this chopper that went down you'll have 2 pilots and then 3 crew doing door gunnery, observation, handling the ropes for a rope insertion of whatever troops are onboard (in the case where you have a squad of whatever onboard anyway - in this instance looks like only chopper crew were onboard).

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

died with the ocean, not of the ocean

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Longer interview with Mr Hand about his kidnapped daughter.
https://x.com/gavreilly/status/1721528874339602477?s=20

They informed him she was dead on what seems to be the basis that they assumed everyone missing was killed. But then he was informed she was alive as the house she stayed at was bloodless, footprints lead from the house to Gaza, and her friends phones were tracked going into Gaza.

He said it was a massive surprise to be attacked. The Kibbutz he's lived at for the last 20 years was a beautiful place, full of relaxed and loving people. They've lived on the border of Gaza under such heavy bombardment that most homes now have private bomb shelters built into them.

His own background details are a bit odd. He claims where he lived in Ireland, his father owned a large pub called Hand's which was beside a grocery called Foot's. I know few people from that area and none can recall those.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

tangy yet delightful posted:

That's just a poorly worded tweet to go with the news article. The entire unit (the 160th) is not solely pilots but other crewmembers for a chopper. So if you've got 5 crew in this chopper that went down you'll have 2 pilots and then 3 crew doing door gunnery, observation, handling the ropes for a rope insertion of whatever troops are onboard (in the case where you have a squad of whatever onboard anyway - in this instance looks like only chopper crew were onboard).

That makes more sense, thank you

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I'm a bit confused, because would that mean Landstuhl is a legitimate military target?

All hospitals treat wounded combatants. There are 2 floors of offices in one military hospital in Ottawa (which is attached to a civilian hospital) and the other military hospital has a literal brigade headquarters in one of its wings. Are those legitimate targets now too?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Marenghi posted:

He said it was a massive surprise to be attacked. The Kibbutz he's lived at for the last 20 years was a beautiful place, full of relaxed and loving people. They've lived on the border of Gaza under such heavy bombardment that most homes now have private bomb shelters built into them.

His own background details are a bit odd. He claims where he lived in Ireland, his father owned a large pub called Hand's which was beside a grocery called Foot's. I know few people from that area and none can recall those.

lol interesting

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/EmissaryOfNight/status/1724158206589473205

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Marenghi posted:

Longer interview with Mr Hand about his kidnapped daughter.
https://x.com/gavreilly/status/1721528874339602477?s=20

They informed him she was dead on what seems to be the basis that they assumed everyone missing was killed. But then he was informed she was alive as the house she stayed at was bloodless, footprints lead from the house to Gaza, and her friends phones were tracked going into Gaza.

does he get asked at any point as to how he plans to deal with his daughter seeing his victory cheer video if she survives israeli bombs long enough to get released

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

does he get asked at any point as to how he plans to deal with his daughter seeing his victory cheer video if she survives israeli bombs long enough to get released

wait, he is that guy???

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
He does sort of. He's asked about his feelings having called being kidnapped a fate worse than death and finding out she's alive.

He says he was relieved to hear she was dead, but now he has hope to find her alive. And that when "she comes back, however broken, we will fix her". So just lump the blame of any ill will from finding out her father cheered at the news of her death on her captivity by Hamas.

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/IbnRiad/status/1724004950403953061?t=H1F3hfG9Kk-hEnJNYwzFNQ&s=19

Ba5ic
Nov 12, 2023

by VG

Neurolimal posted:

See, you're right and wrong about this; no, the siege on Gaza doesn't immediately relate to climate change (outside "turns out you can't wall off the third world and let them cook to death, they'll probably find a way through"), but movements are significantly more powerful the more weight behind them, which is the theory behind intersectionality. Climate activists push to defend Gaza, Palestinians & sympathetic Arabs get a better opinion of Climate Change activism and might support them as well. Both sides get needed momentum and manpower to support them. It's akin to how several successful revolutions were a convergence of multiple issues from multiple organizations.

Of course, the real caveat is that they need to actually, you know, do something. Peaceful protest is a joke if it's not backed up with threat. Jewish New Yorkers understand this & are shutting places down, it would be cool if we could get the hundreds of thousands of protesters to do more of that.

its not a hill im willing to die on so i stopped replying but i already think the climate movement is completely toothless and ineffectual and while combining movements is good in theory it will still alienate the boomer crowd like the guy in the video who doesnt want to get political or whatever the gently caress. the good outcome here is perhaps the rage from one protest sparks more passion for the other but im not seeing it translate to any real world political effect. it is extremely difficult to combat the established media narratives if you're not terminally online. if i even bring up anything insinuating we're doing bad poo poo i get raised brows and scoffs even from people who were previously pretty leftist and had a modicum of sympathy left in them.

what doesnt help this effect is the kibbutzim hamas attacked are ironically one of the most left leaning demographics in israel. while their simple geographic location betrays their intention, they werent the caliber of settlers you see in the west bank. if the left in israel was already dead before this event, i dont even know what to call it at this point. however contrary to the idf and knesset reps, they still outright say "we're not going to delete 2 million people" when pressed, but there's always an unspoken "but" to their insinuation that shows a deep sense of betrayal and maybe a healthy shattering of illusion. they want revenge, at the bare minimum the hostages back, but these people are (or were) the last remnants in israeli society capable of envisioning a coexistence.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

they didnt make it into Al-shati refugee camp because its very urban dense, they went around it and tried to get to al-shifaa, they met extreme resistance then went to the parliament building which hasnt been used in years to score some sort of Photo-op

and yes theyve failed to take beit Hanoun. so far theyve only managed a tiny 5% sliver of any actually built urban area.

Ahh they've been studying the Zalensky method

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Where's the succ thread? I can't find it in my control panel. This is a related substitute for it, but not the same thing.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

fits my needs posted:

a war to the end

the problem is that to do nazi poo poo your blitzkrieg has to actually work

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ba5ic posted:

what doesnt help this effect is the kibbutzim hamas attacked are ironically one of the most left leaning demographics in israel. while their simple geographic location betrays their intention, they werent the caliber of settlers you see in the west bank. if the left in israel was already dead before this event, i dont even know what to call it at this point. however contrary to the idf and knesset reps, they still outright say "we're not going to delete 2 million people" when pressed, but there's always an unspoken "but" to their insinuation that shows a deep sense of betrayal and maybe a healthy shattering of illusion. they want revenge, at the bare minimum the hostages back, but these people are (or were) the last remnants in israeli society capable of envisioning a coexistence.

I feel like they were only really "left-leaning" using a bizarre definition of "left" that is okay with ethnic cleansing. There was never any chance of those people supporting "coexistence."

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The Kibbutzs are absolutely settler projects, their members still join the IDF, and Labor Zionism is still Zionism. It is unclear if their "left-wing" attitudes have made any real difference besides how their communities are organized. in reality, none of the Israeli left has done anything for the Palestinians; they just want to get better conditions inside an expanding Israel.

Also, who gives a poo poo about alienating boomers about climate change, they're going to be dead in 20 years, they don't care.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

The Sean posted:

Where's the succ thread? I can't find it in my control panel.

its the thread that has the giant [succ] prefix if you open cspam

The Sean posted:

This is a related substitute for it

no it is not

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Names of the Hamas terrorists inside the hospital just dropped

https://twitter.com/SaeedDiCaprio/status/1724173144804426061

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

speng31b posted:

its the thread that has the giant [succ] prefix if you open cspam

no it is not

Cool. Thanks. I was trying earlier and it wasn't giving me results.

With how much the dems have been supporting this, though, idk

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/jakeshieldsajj/status/1724145912606249238

lol, lmao.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

webcams for christ posted:

Finally the evil "Monday" will face justice delivered by the brave IDF special forces

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

americans understand the Death Project

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

clocking into the terrorism factory.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Leaving moraliry aside even if I was a shark eyed, glass-chewing psycho I think I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than let myself be put under the direct flailing tactical command of the Israeli military.

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 22:34 on Nov 13, 2023

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

is there anything hte US loves more than crashing helicopters

I mean besides genocide

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

lmaooo loving Jake Shields.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

According to the UN disaster relief agency (UN-OCHA), Israel has completely destroyed at least 66 mosques in Gaza: https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/total-violation-rules-war-israel-targets-dozens-mosques-churches-gaza-enar

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr_hgDg4qUk

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
" " " " " routine training operation " " " " "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

if you ever step foot in a helicopter you're a loving jabroni

I booked a helicopter tour on my last vacation and it was cancelled the day of due to "technical issues" with the aircraft